Multi-brand Planet of the Vapes ONE

sickmanfraud

Anyone else having issues with the accessory attachment being pretty loose? It does not snap on as snugly as I would like and its very easy to dislodge accidentally. The vape has actually fallen off my glass rig when using the WPA because the accessory attachment came loose :ugh: and it seems to be getting a bit worse with time.

I'm going to contact POTV about this but was wondering if anyone has dealt with this (and maybe there is a DIY fix to get snug fit?)

:peace:

Mine is also shot. It might be nice of POTV to sell an accessory attachment without the unnecessary glass stem and its expense.

I did not realize just how bad my clip was until I bought a second POTV One on Black Friday. I only use my original POTV and the new accessory attachment. I never even charged the second POTV One.

SpaceGator

Mine is also shot. It might be nice of POTV to sell an accessory attachment without the unnecessary glass stem and its expense.

I did not realize just how bad my clip was until I bought a second POTV One on Black Friday. I only use my original POTV and the new accessory attachment. I never even charged the second POTV One.

I got my replacement and mine is also night-and-day better. Snaps on much more confidently and stays in place much better. If any of you have a very loose accessory attachment, POTV customer service will work with you. It wasn't exactly no-questions-asked -- I needed to send them a video of what I was talking about, and at first they offered to have me send the whole vaporizer in for a warranty replacement, but they ultimately did send me just a new attachment after I asked, and it did make a big difference.

Thanks POTV

o0osharkbait

POTV ONE OWNERS with WPA do you have any pieces you love using your one with? I have the curved mouthpiece, although I love it, I am looking for something that will give me a bit more clouds.

I have been researching for 3 months, I have a list of 9 pieces (bongs, bubblers and bangers) I am interested in but since they are all so different I can't seem to narrow it down. I am super curious which pieces you use, what they look like, how they work, if you purchased new ones or got hand me downs, and how easy they are to clean?

POTV recommends the magic flight orbiter but I am not into the silicone attachment. But hey, if you swear by it i'd love to know why!

(If this isn't the right place to post this questions I apologize, this is only my second post here, please re-direct me to the correct place and I will delete and add the question there) I hope you have a lovely evening and thanks for reading my comment! :)

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
POTV ONE OWNERS with WPA do you have any pieces you love using your one with? I have the curved mouthpiece, although I love it, I am looking for something that will give me a bit more clouds.

I have been researching for 3 months, I have a list of 9 pieces (bongs, bubblers and bangers) I am interested in but since they are all so different I can't seem to narrow it down. I am super curious which pieces you use, what they look like, how they work, if you purchased new ones or got hand me downs, and how easy they are to clean?

POTV recommends the magic flight orbiter but I am not into the silicone attachment. But hey, if you swear by it i'd love to know why!

(If this isn't the right place to post this questions I apologize, this is only my second post here, please re-direct me to the correct place and I will delete and add the question there) I hope you have a lovely evening and thanks for reading my comment! :)

With the WPA ... I use a DHGATE D020-D. Get the 14mm Gong and you'll be able to use that combination for more/other vapes. Cheap set up but it works great.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
If you want bigger clouds without a water piece- I use my Sidewinder with my Edge and it allows me to take much longer draws which results in far larger clouds. The fit is perfect in the POTV attachment (it is slightly less secure in the Edge).
https://www.sneakypetestore.com/col...glass-stem-for-dynavap?variant=30099625705553

Vitolo

Vaporist
I am enjoying this vape a great deal these days.
I live in smaller quarters than I am used to.
I can stay put and do multiple loads with some pre-ground flower
and the sessions are ample, especially if you start low and inch
your way up after each session.
This little guy is pretty wonderful. The haptic feedback is a great plus for me.
I space out the fact that I just touched for another session.
The buzz is allowing me to remember and not zone out on the timer.
Flavor is still magnificent every time.

jlxturbo

Planet of the Vapes "ONE" Review - Solid Device, Below Average Battery

The ONE is my second portable vaporizer, which I purchased on 4/20/20 for $89 + tax. For that price, it included the mini bubbler attachment and a $15 gift card, which I used to purchase 4x dosing capsules (excellent product).

Overall, I'm pleased with the performance of the ONE. It's a good value when priced below $100, offering discreet sizing, a solid hand feel, and quality vapor. The stainless steel dosing capsules are efficient and largely eliminate the need to clean the heating chamber. The mini bubbler cools the vapor, albeit less effectively than a larger water piece + wpa.

That said, there are two problems: First, battery life is average at best. Brand new, you'll get around 5 full vaping sessions before depletion (my experience + many others). While not unreasonable on its own, the problem is made much worse by long micro-USB charging times. It feels like the ONE must either be used, or plugged in, at ALL times. Otherwise, it will be out of juice when you reach for it next.

Second, there is way too much misinformation about the materials used in this device. POTV themselves don't seem to know. As of April 2020*, there were two blog posts live on the POTV blog offering differing views.

The first was their official review of the ONE - https://www.planetofthevapes.com/blogs/blog/planet-of-the-vapes-one-review - stating it contains "a responsive, aluminum heating chamber."

Then, the same month, they published a comparison to other vapes - https://www.planetofthevapes.com/blogs/blog/planet-of-the-vapes-one-comparison-guide - stating the ONE includes "responsive titanium bowl."

This matters, because ongoing research questions the safety of aluminum under high heat. Given that health is a primary reason to choose vaping over combustion, POTV should have provided clarity around the materials used instead of further confusing the matter. I nearly chose the HealthyRips Fury Edge because of this discrepancy, as that device uses a solid stainless steel heating path (and larger battery), but costs nearly 50% more. I know many others on this forum have faced a similar dilemma.

TLDR: The Planet of the Vapes ONE is a good vape and a bargain relative to competitors. It could dominate the market with a moderate improvement in battery life and a little more transparency around the materials inside of the device.

*Update: After emailing them about the issue a few days ago, they just replied and said the "content team" would have to provide some updated blog content to fix the discrepancy, but that current 2020 stock should all include a titanium bowl. Hopefully this helps someone else considering the purchase.

SpaceGator

I got my replacement and mine is also night-and-day better. Snaps on much more confidently and stays in place much better. If any of you have a very loose accessory attachment, POTV customer service will work with you. It wasn't exactly no-questions-asked -- I needed to send them a video of what I was talking about, and at first they offered to have me send the whole vaporizer in for a warranty replacement, but they ultimately did send me just a new attachment after I asked, and it did make a big difference.

Thanks POTV

Update time....

The replacement attachment is now coming loose too and I can't seem to get it snug. Very disappointing. I suspect these things slowly warp over time due to repeated heat/cooling.

Anyone have recurring attachment looseness and have a solution to the problem? I don't want to have to keep running back to customer service for a replacement, it shouldn't crap out after a while like this....

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Update time....

The replacement attachment is now coming loose too and I can't seem to get it snug. Very disappointing. I suspect these things slowly warp over time due to repeated heat/cooling.

Anyone have recurring attachment looseness and have a solution to the problem? I don't want to have to keep running back to customer service for a replacement, it shouldn't crap out after a while like this....

Feel free to bother CS about this as many times as it's under warranty. It's your right. The tolerances on those clips are incredibly tight, and it's been a topic of conversation since the very first variant of this vape released years ago.

SpaceGator

Feel free to bother CS about this as many times as it's under warranty. It's your right. The tolerances on those clips are incredibly tight, and it's been a topic of conversation since the very first variant of this vape released years ago.

I understand that, but I'm wondering if anyone has come up with a DIY fix for when it starts getting loose. I'd hope so if it's been an issue with this vape platform for so long.

SpaceGator

My other half uses this vape almost exclusively and she uses a hair band just to reinforce it a little. I'm guessing a child's sized charity wristband might work.

Good call, got a rubber band on it right now. Gonna see how it fares during a sesh. I use it with the WPA through a glass rig almost exclusively so I am putting strain on the attachment more than if I was just hitting it directly. Still a real shit design though!

Vape Master

Formerly C3PO
I returned mine. The customer service was excellent. My issue was the taste was off .. I tried every trick in the book, those silicone gaskets smells never go away.

Vape Master,

Vape Master

Formerly C3PO

Titanium is better than Aluminium in my opinion every day all day! When I use the GH IO - The Titanium is comparable to glass. And I love Glass (Honorable mention Ceramic Zirconia is awesome)

The best way to test is. Put parsley flakes in on a piece of aluminum foil. Put it on the stove for a few minutes. The aluminum should get some kind of discoloration. That discoloration give a bit of a change of flavor, and would worry me if that got into my weak lungs the taste isn't as pure, the cleaning is not as easy as Titanium. Another huge factor is reflected heat. That makes most people cough and can be harsh. Aluminum does that to me. Titanium does not do that. For me #1 Glass #2 Ceramic #3 Titanium.

Titanium - I know from kitchen pots. No discoloration what so ever. Taste is pure.

Being that this is a forum where we share and that it helps formulate opinions and experiences, also it effects which vapes we invest in. I had the POTV One. I bought it from POTV. Everything looked super. Except. The green gasket. I washed it with hot water. I let it run a few cycles. My experience it smells when heated no matter what. That smell was yech to me, it concerned me because it tasted like a chemical. I was not enjoying my session. The gasket has to go and then if I needed a vape like that again I would consider it. The people at POTV are EXTREMELY nice. Customer service is A 1. They care.

I got a full refund with a followup from customer service. I wish it worked out for me. I check POTV website first when buying because they really are a good company.

That's my 2 cents!

Last edited:

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
I keep looking at this vape, I already have some real nice ones but this thing looks alright for $100. Just not sure if I will end up getting $100 use from it.

Summer

Long Island, NY
^^ See if there's gonna be a sale on BF. If you use outside, I assure you it will become your go to vape. I bought it for $109 with the aluminum bowl & have certainly got my monies worth. It's just so stealth & easy to use.

Top Bottom