Multi-brand Planet of the Vapes ONE

SixStringToker

Naked member
Aaaaand... The Sidewinder fits!

48496774147_14f71f47b3_o.jpg

Clearly not pocket-friendly, but very definitely coffee table friendly! It's an awesome addon for the One and hopefully the Edge.

SixStringToker

Naked member
After recently purchasing a different vape made in the same factory and being a little bit disappointed with its performance, I was worried that the difference might be from manufacturing tolerances and that my second PotV One might not perform as well as the first. Completely unfounded; the two Ones both perform identically and are the only ones that can completely milk up the glass from my previous post. These things are little champs!

SixStringToker

Naked member
Lol! Technically five but two suffer from a notably larger temperature drop during big draws (up to 40 degrees F), so I’ve shelved them. For whatever reason, the PotV Ones don’t seem to drop as much in temperature, tho I’ve seen drops as high as 25 degrees thru the WPA even with these.

One trick to reducing, or even avoiding the temperature sag during big hits with this design, is to rapidly click the + button several times immediately before starting a draw. This ensures that the vape is already working to heat the chamber back up as your draw cools it down. Otherwise, depending upon the strength of your draw, the temperature might drop 20+ degrees before it even notices the drop and by then, there’s enough cooling momentum to take it down even lower. All of that is annoyingly hidden by the sticky temperature display “feature” which will display the set temperature rather than the actual temperature when the two are within xx degrees of each other (my biggest gripe about these vapes).

I’m vey tempted to get that 3-way splitter; that beast will be a party favorite!

Pistol Pete

I can also confirm that the colored "Dynavap" cooling stems fit my POTV One.

Is the aristocrat stem a cooling stem or just a stem that looks cool?
Both! It's a cool, cooling stem that I use with my Shadow M. I recently put glass beads in it too, which I don't believe really makes a difference. I'm going to take them out for better air flow though. Don't forget to get the Appalachian Sunrise one, even the name is cool!:cool:

CalyxSmokr

Trying to decide between the Edge and POTV One. Any inputs appreciated.
Looks like I need to get POTV dosing capsules no matter what though, right?
Is there a glass attachment/WPA better for microdosing or did that phase out with the Fury 2? Looking to keep it portable but cooling of vapor is always nice. Any compromises you guys found that worked in stems for the One? What is the ones most important to get?

SixStringToker

Naked member
We have to be careful talking about competing devices in device-specific threads, but I think I can safely say this much: I bought a second PoTV One after buying an Edge and have been using my two One's exclusively (when I'm not using my bigger vapes).

48653580698_c5dc794718_o.jpg

The PoTV dosing caps are definitely the way to go, tho I think HR sells them, too.

There's no micro-dosing specific accessory for the One, tho the aforementioned F2 stem should work with it. You can also cut one of the concentrate pads in half with scissors in such a way that you have two thinner pads and stuff them inside the dosing capsules to fill some of the space for micro-dosing. I've done this with one of the capsules in this photo:

48473536642_71cf0098cd_o.jpg

The Dynavap cooling stems that Sneaky Pete sells fit the accessory attachment quite well. The nippled one can be pretty discrete and the green spiral one offers awesome cooling. I also like to use Sneaky Pete's Scorpion cooler as a dry-air cooler with the WPA; works great!

CalyxSmokr

We have to be careful talking about competing devices in device-specific threads, but I think I can safely say this much: I bought a second PoTV One after buying an Edge and have been using my two One's exclusively (when I'm not using my bigger vapes).

48653580698_c5dc794718_o.jpg

The PoTV dosing caps are definitely the way to go, tho I think HR sells them, too.

There's no micro-dosing specific accessory for the One, tho the aforementioned F2 stem should work with it. You can also cut one of the concentrate pads in half with scissors in such a way that you have two thinner pads and stuff them inside the dosing capsules to fill some of the space for micro-dosing. I've done this with one of the capsules in this photo:

48473536642_71cf0098cd_o.jpg

The Dynavap cooling stems that Sneaky Pete sells fit the accessory attachment quite well. The nippled one can be pretty discrete and the green spiral one offers awesome cooling. I also like to use Sneaky Pete's Scorpion cooler as a dry-air cooler with the WPA; works great!
Awesome info. Just what I needed. And maybe I came across as too picky. Am I OK with just the stock stems or will I immediately want something cooler? Stealth and economy are the primary concerns. Or am I just gonna be using the plastic mouthpiece thing on the go anyway?
What about the black curved? Looks pretty slick but is it OK in the pocket or worth it?
I need to get the WPA glass, right?
Edit: you know what - I am curious how that black stem is in the pocket but that does not matter. The vape will be in a Pelican case when not in use. So what is the best 2 or 3 stems to get? What are my must haves?

Last edited:

SixStringToker

Naked member
The plastic mouthpiece is definitely the most stealthy, but offers no cooling; it's a straight path from the oven to the back of your throat. The stock bent stem does offer a little bit of cooling while remaining decently stealthy and many find that adequate. It's still a bit too toasty for me, tho.

sickmanfraud

The plastic mouthpiece is definitely the most stealthy, but offers no cooling; it's a straight path from the oven to the back of your throat. The stock bent stem does offer a little bit of cooling while remaining decently stealthy and many find that adequate. It's still a bit too toasty for me, tho.

Putting glass beads in the standard mouthpiece helps a lot.

GetLeft

The plastic mouthpiece is definitely the most stealthy, but offers no cooling; it's a straight path from the oven to the back of your throat

Is the POV One og (plastic) mouthpiece not like its competitors' og mouthpieces? If it is like them, I'd think it's fair to say that those mouthpieces, whether by design or by coincidence, do a pretty effective job of dispersing the vapor on its way to wherever it happens to be going. I've been thinking a while about purchasing a One, but if the og mouthpiece doesn't have that diffusion factor I'll have to pass.

SixStringToker

Naked member
Is the POV One og (plastic) mouthpiece not like its competitors' og mouthpieces?
It's the same design as the original mouthpieces for other vapes that come out of that factory; I think it's actually the exact same part as what's used on a number of the other ones. There's a short glass tube with a flat plastic cap at the top. The cap has a small hole off to one side that lines up with the opening in the plastic body of the mouthpiece. There will be a bit of turbulence when the airflow hits that cap and gets forced thru the small hole, but I haven't found it to cool the vapor noticeably more than the short glass stem with the accessory attachment, which is just a straight shot from chamber to mouth.

Vibiojj83

I had actually been meaning to post this. The straight stem that comes with the AA fits really snuggly, but the Wpa is all loose. It still seals but the amount of play is really disappointing.

Vibiojj83,
Top Bottom