Multi-brand Planet of the Vapes ONE

Summer

Long Island, NY
What HR did with the Edge
was to copy the One's haptic feedback & the stems no longer seating in the bowl & making the heater ss instead if nichrome. They further enhanced it with a larger battery, and I think the flipping display may be new. Too bad the Ambit didn't come out sooner so they could have copied the 30-sec. session increase option. :p I suspect that we will see a Fierce Edge soon. :D

All I know is that I'm very satisfied with the One & as it has a 2 year warranty, I'm not looking elsewhere.

Last edited:

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
was to copy the One's haptic feedback
The FIERCE has haptic feedback which I believe was released prior to the One. It appears the Edge however will borrow the above-the-screen style of mouthpiece accessories and other different features.

It’s an interesting competitive market, that’s for sure. What I hope is that we’re not inundated with frequent new versions like smartphones. Thankfully however vapes are cheaper :) :peace:

rozroz

was to copy the One's haptic feedback & the stems no longer seating in the bowl & making the heater ss instead if nichrome. They further enhanced it with a larger battery, and I think the flipping display may be new. Too bad the Ambit didn't come out sooner so they could have copied the 30-sec. session increase option. :p I suspect that we will see a Fierce Edge soon. :D

All I know is that I'm very satisfied with the One & as it has a 2 year warranty, I'm not looking elsewhere.

That’s what i meant with the copy cycle lol..

Vaporific

Aren't they all manufactures by Smiss in China?
Just different tweaks for different folks?
I don’t understand the manufacturing arrangement regardless where it’s made. I had read that HR licensed out some original Fury internals, hence the clones, and then the POTV One came out. Now the Edge is borrowing some features from the One. I think the horse was let of the barn and the technology is reproducible or indeed it’s all coming out of the same manufacturer. HR stated about the Edge, “100% proprietary - designed and owned by Healthy Rips by Green Curative, Inc.”. I just don’t know. Perhaps I’ll think more about it over a bowl in one of my Furies...:leaf::peace:

Vaporific

Not clones, as the HR Fury thread says, MULTIBRAND in the heading.:tup:
Tis true - I stand corrected. My point being is that I think HR is tired of the multibranding and dilution of their products and brand. Just my :2c:. It appears there has been copy-catting recently and I can't imagine HR (or POTV) being entirely enthralled with it. HR licensed out some internals a while ago which I think they're now regretting which has enabled the similarities. Again, just my observations and musings. Happy Sunday to all...:peace:

fareast

Just a heads up for other fans of the POTV One and Fury 2 interested in buying dosing capsules.

I previously ordered dosing capsules from POTV and received the nice, sturdy stainless steel capsules. Last week I ordered an additional set of capsules from POTV but instead received flimsy screen-type capsules that appear to be the same capsules sold by Healthy Rips.

I've sent a note to POTV requesting replacement. but wanted to note the issue here for anyone looking to get the stainless steel version. I'm guessing that POTV ran out of the SS capsules and is selling the HR version instead, despite the fact that the POTV web site still shows the SS capsules.

I've contacted POTV but haven't heard back yet.

Vaporific

Just a heads up for other fans of the POTV One and Fury 2 interested in buying dosing capsules.

I previously ordered dosing capsules from POTV and received the nice, sturdy stainless steel capsules. Last week I ordered an additional set of capsules from POTV but instead received flimsy screen-type capsules that appear to be the same capsules sold by Healthy Rips.

I've sent a note to POTV requesting replacement. but wanted to note the issue here for anyone looking to get the stainless steel version. I'm guessing that POTV ran out of the SS capsules and is selling the HR version instead, despite the fact that the POTV web site still shows the SS capsules.

Thanks for the PSA! I want to order the stainless capsules too since they look sturdier than the mesh ones from HR which I have (lost one too). Let us know what POTV says. The oring/screen that POTV sells is mesh not stainless like HR sells and I think the mesh ones would increase air flow just a bit so I’m interested in those too.

Interesting indeed (for a Monday)...:peace:

Stoneager

In the Shadows
I may be going out on a limb here, but I remember recently reading (don't recall where) where the "One" dosing caps were going to be changed to that meshy type. Now I see that has already happened. Personally, it seems like the initial dosing cap is overkill for what it does. I would now consider buying the new type caps as the old just didn't seem right: too heavy/thick; too perfect. I'm not a scientist and have no factual techie position, only common sense which could be and is prone to be flawed.

Stoneager,

fareast

I may be going out on a limb here, but I remember recently reading (don't recall where) where the "One" dosing caps were going to be changed to that meshy type. Now I see that has already happened. Personally, it seems like the initial dosing cap is overkill for what it does. I would now consider buying the new type caps as the old just didn't seem right: too heavy/thick; too perfect. I'm not a scientist and have no factual techie position, only common sense which could be and is prone to be flawed.

It's not just about science. It's about convenience, too. The mesh screen type are fidgety to open (the first one I tried, the cap went flying under my desk) and even more fidgety to get the cap back on, as the screen can very easily be deformed.

The SS capsules may have been overkill, but they were easy to use and worked well.

If, in fact, the screen-type capsule is the way forward it won't be a deal-breaker, but I think it's a backward step in terms of quality. I won't be paying for them, if for no other reason they were not as advertised.

Stoneager

In the Shadows
It's not just about science. It's about convenience, too. The mesh screen type are fidgety to open (the first one I tried, the cap went flying under my desk) and even more fidgety to get the cap back on, as the screen can very easily be deformed.

The SS capsules may have been overkill, but they were easy to use and worked well.

If, in fact, the screen-type capsule is the way forward it won't be a deal-breaker, but I think it's a backward step in terms of quality. I won't be paying for them, if for no other reason they were not as advertised.
You've experienced the new caps... I haven't, so you have hands on whereas all I have is an opinion based on hearsay from a couple of sources and my faulty non-scientific logic. Haha, what could possibly go wrong?
I was hoping the new ones would somehow be an improvement. Doesn't make much sense to have regression instead of improvement.

Vaporific

The mesh screen type are fidgety to open (the first one I tried, the cap went flying under my desk) and even more fidgety to get the cap back on, as the screen can very easily be deformed.
Agreed - the tops are hard to remove and put on especially when they’re ever so slightly squeezed. They are super convenient though and permit quick changes, different strains and certainly smaller quantities. They also help keeping the chamber cleaner. All being said I only use them occasionally - but I’d prefer the stainless steel ones if they ever come available again.:peace:

sickmanfraud

Thanks for the heads-up @fareast. I bought 2 sets of 4 capsules each and I use them exclusively.

The capsules are just so darn convenient.

I was just about to order more but I will wait now.

If this was a temporary thing then hopefully @PlanetOfTheVapes could clarify things?

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Jealousy

Just to make sure, do the different mouthpieces/ dosing capsules work with different branded versions of the vape? I have the FM and Fury, but I really like the mouthpiece on the ONE with the bubbler and the dosing capsules.

Jealousy,

Vaporific

Just to make sure, do the different mouthpieces/ dosing capsules work with different branded versions of the vape? I have the FM and Fury, but I really like the mouthpiece on the ONE with the bubbler and the dosing capsules.
I have the POTV accessory attachment - and love it as a welcome change often - and use it on my Fury2, no issues. The dosing capsules and screens are interchangeable too. I however would like more of the mesh screens (I have one from my POTV accessory attachment) instead of the stainless steel ones (from HR). Let’s see what POTV does with the capsules now that the mesh ones are being offered whereas the stainless were previously available...:peace:

SixStringToker

Naked member

Right-on! I'm glad that I purchased three sets of the stainless capsules if they are indeed being replaced by the mesh versions; I much prefer the stainless ones. In my experience, they're less fussy and they yield more even extraction. They're also slightly larger (the mesh capsule, sans lid, can actually fit inside the stainless capsule), which is a bonus.

48473536642_71cf0098cd_o.jpg

Vaporific

Right-on! I'm glad that I purchased three sets of the stainless capsules if they are indeed being replaced by the mesh versions; I much prefer the stainless ones. In my experience, they're less fussy and they yield more even extraction. They're also slightly larger (the mesh capsule, sans lid, can actually fit inside the stainless capsule), which is a bonus.

Thanks for the pic & info! I hadn’t realized the sides were solid unlike the mesh ones. I thought it would be like the top, which I’ve only seen in pictures - until now. It’s kinda cool they’re a tad bigger than the mesh ones. I suspect they restrict air flow somewhat due to the solid sides but not significantly - and this may vary too by user. Not a big deal but it could be noticeable. I still want these however - they look more sturdy than the mesh caps! :peace::peace:

SixStringToker

Naked member
The stainless capsules are a much tighter fit within the chamber. They're still loose and slide right out when you hold the One upside down, but their side walls are in much closer proximity to the chamber walls, which means that the conductive heat from the chamber is going to transfer to the stainless capsules much more efficiently than it does to the mesh capsules. That may be why the AVB is more even from the stainless capsules than it is with the mesh.

fareast

The stainless capsules are a much tighter fit within the chamber. They're still loose and slide right out when you hold the One upside down, but their side walls are in much closer proximity to the chamber walls, which means that the conductive heat from the chamber is going to transfer to the stainless capsules much more efficiently than it does to the mesh capsules. That may be why the AVB is more even from the stainless capsules than it is with the mesh.

FWIW, I also had an order into Healthy Rips for the Fierce dosing capsules and the screens for the glass attachments. That also was received on Monday, but they sent concentrate pads instead of the glass attachment screens. So, when I was communicating with them about that issue, I mentioned that I wasn't thrilled with the Fierce capsules (also mesh-type, but I knew in this case that was what I was getting). I'm surprised (and very pleased) to note that HR replied about the capsules and said they were "working on implementing a new capsule design into our inventory."

PlanetOfTheVapes

Retailer
Retailer
@fareast Please accept our apologies for the error. Those dosing capsules are supposed to be exclusive to Healthy Rips, and it appears the manufacturer sent us the wrong capsules. We've taken them off the site until it's fixed.

Once resolved, we will have the solid capsules again. Thanks for pointing it out, and for your patience while we make it right for you.

sickmanfraud

When and where did you get the dimpled stem for the One attachment.

SixStringToker

Naked member
When and where did you get the dimpled stem for the One attachment.
It's the Hula Stem V2 XL from Sneaky Pete's (there's also a shorter version):

https://www.sneakypetestore.com/col...stem-v2-xl-for-dynavap?variant=23192049451089

1a_f26b161c-a887-46a8-8561-14226129774d_1024x1024.jpg

With the Edge being released with a compatible accessory attachment, Pete should look into making some One/Edge specific stems and bubblers. These Hula stems fit really well, but it's just coincidence. I'd love to see a bent version of the Hula stem as well as something like the Sidewinder as an attachment (it may actually already fit).

Last edited:
Top Bottom