• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Pipe vape

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
How have I never consciously noticed this board before? I made a little tweak or two immediately after filming this video (since I clearly combusted a tiny bit in the video). Consult the video description for tweak information.

Aimless Ryan

Which part? The weird face(s)? He speaks?

EDIT: I just tried this for the first time in a while, and it's actually pretty fun and enjoyable. Tasty, too. Three screens in the top chamber seems to discourage accidental combustion completely. (I only had two screens in there during the video session.)

Last edited:

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Nice :tup:
I too experimented with this sort of thing.
I used a glass sherlock mouth piece
rBVaEVdBy0eAAGvOAAEZNJXrbMQ561.jpg
(18mm joint, DHgate) which happens to have a handy 'shelf' just below the joint which allows easy fitment of a screen.

I just loaded some herb onto the screen, then put a Milaana mouthpiece/stem (long) into the joint and used a Vapman torch lighter 'hovered' just above the mouth piece to provide the heat (pointed into MP)
Like you I found it worked quite well, and it was fairly easy to regulate the strength of the hit by moving the torch nearer or farther from the MP.
I left the single screen in the Milaana mouthpiece above the load, and I believe that it helped prevent combustion like your double screen does.
I did it as I wanted some idea of how hard/easy it was to control a vape like the Sticky Brick (nice and easy it seems).
This also proved to be a great way of 'cleaning' the Milaana screen.
The first time I tried it (no herb) I got a decent hit off the dirty screen!

Your metal pipe seems like it would be much less prone to breakage though! (and more portable)

Edit:
Quoted wrong post! so I removed quote entirely.

Aimless Ryan

Just remembered: I also tried a hair dryer with a Volcano solid valve. Didn't work, probably because the hair dryer blows too fast. However, when I hold my hand just in front of the powered-on hair dryer, it feels very similar to when I hold my hand just above the fan-on Volcano at max temperature. I think it would work fine if I could just select a lower fan speed on the hair dryer.

Aimless Ryan,

Aimless Ryan

Even though I didn't mention it in the video, the key here is to put a few normal pipe screens into the chamber above the bowl. If I hadn't done that, I'd probably need to stack about six chambers above the bowl. The screens cause some draw resistance, which causes the flame to lose its intensity/heat quicker (shorter distance) than when unrestricted.

I was completely unfamiliar with the VaporGenie when I did this, but it seems to be basically the same thing (based on what little I know about VaporGenie).

Grim Chiclets

Just remembered: I also tried a hair dryer with a Volcano solid valve. Didn't work, probably because the hair dryer blows too fast. However, when I hold my hand just in front of the powered-on hair dryer, it feels very similar to when I hold my hand just above the fan-on Volcano at max temperature. I think it would work fine if I could just select a lower fan speed on the hair dryer.
I remember playing with my mom's hair dryer as a kid (I thought laminating stuff was the shit back then for some reason), and discovered I could cover the back end (intake end) with my hand to slow down the air chooching through- effectively letting the heat element get much much hotter (glowing in fact!)
I was a weird kid.

Anyway, I feel like doing something like that might be a fun little experiment; hell- pretend you're 7 again!

Aimless Ryan

It's actually made of parts from two identical chamber pipes. The chamber I threaded above the bowl is the same as the two chambers between the bowl and the mouthpiece. Except it has screens in it.

Aimless Ryan,
Reactions: Squiby

Tiny88

Deluxe420
Hey All,

I am looking for a vaporizing mod to use on my pipes. I have many cool pipes that I have "retired" as I mainly vape now.

Thanx

Tiny88

Last edited:
Tiny88,
Reactions: Hjalmark

Aimless Ryan

Here's a much better version of basically the same thing (0:30).

EDIT: I just realized this video pretty well proves dark ABV does not indicate conduction heat, as my video involved zero conduction. The glass was cold; there was no heat for it to conduct. Which is why there is a ring of unvaped herbs touching the glass.

Something else that occurred to me after making this video I can only describe as a moving picture in my mind, depicting pulled air versus force air. I think I figured out why forced air produces bigger clouds than pulled air (like with the Herbalizer whip with fan assist). I think if the hot air had been forced through my herbs instead of pulled, there would not be a ring of unvaped herbs.

Last edited:
Aimless Ryan,
Top Bottom