Discontinued Pinnacle Pro

al bundy

Vaporist
I've had my battery off for one minute (timed it ) and plugged it back in.
Did a light show and it works no problem.
So to switch it out should be easy. Now if you have to do some soldering maybe just leave the charger on it while battery is removed.

al bundy,
Reactions: lookhigh

al bundy

Vaporist
Did you notice any difference in the temps and heating up time?
No and no No difference at all.
First did it for 30 seconds then used it then Removed for a minute it did one flash for each color then it flashed a certain number of times then again a certain number of times ( can't remember)then I turned it on and all is well
Only opened it to stop the battery from rattling around.

al bundy,
Reactions: lookhigh

Sativape

Whoa whoa whoa Mr Passive Aggressive. I have a flux capacitor and multimeter, I'll be fine.

F'in right you'll be fine.

Why would you even need a multimeter?

If you have a flux capacitor, then you could just invest in a DeLorean and keep travelling back into time when you first bought the PNP...

Flux_Capacitor_Time_Machine.jpg

@lookhigh,
Don't you hate being sh!tted on for trying to help someone out?

giphy.gif

Sativape

Yes @Abraham310! I was just going to post that! Now you can use your old non glass lined PonGs again! They look like they would fit nicely in any standard water pipe too:). The yoyokid1 is the man! Here's a link.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pinnacle-Pro-Vaporizer-3-77mm-Long-glass-stem-Adapter-for-GonG-PonG-Vaporblunt-/171406217995?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27e89b530b

@Vape Dr.

I think you still need to use the GPonG sleeve, and swap out the inner glass.

The GPonG sleeve and the orginal non glass PES Pong have different dimensions.

Sativape,
Reactions: Vape Dr.

Philreal187

Well I couldn't resist I ordered the 3" glass stem last night that will be my steady home MP while Ed's will be the travel. Im not sure if u can get any reclaim from the wood but I know its simple for the glass so that will be a plus and the price was right. Thanks @theyoyokid1 . I want to try this silicone piece that the hammer sent out to turn there stem to a 14mm gong with this new pnp stem, it should work well with the water tool.

VAPEHUNTER

I want to try this silicone piece that the hammer sent out to turn there stem to a 14mm gong with this new pnp stem, it should work well with the water tool.
Would there be any benefit in using the 3" stem with hammer washer versus just using the standard length glass lined Gong directly into the down stem of a water piece?

VAPEHUNTER,

Sativape

That looks like an Ascent stem shoved into a PonG. Am I right?

@stickstones,

Not quite.
One of the first things I did and @CarolKing did also was use the Ascent stem.

The Overall size of the DA stem vs the new 3" VB stem is smaller:

The DA stem works very well though.

Q8eefZr.jpg

You are correct, jumped the gun, got excited.
Still Sweet though!
Nothing a drill can't handle!

No doubt, a little drilling works wonders.
Just make sure you drill out in increments and take as little material away at a time.

Last edited:

Vape Dr.

The yoyokid said the replacement stem was that length to cool down the vapor a bit more.
I will be ordering mine tonight to see just how much cooler it makes the vapor.
Also to see if its as versatile with bongs, as it seems it should work well inserted directly into the slide (although I am a bit hesitant to put the unit that close to water).

My method in using the PnP, or SOLO for that matter with a bong is to stick the silicone tubing from an old hot box into the PnP Pong or SOLO Gong, with a MFLB stem stuck into the other side with an O-ring to seal depending on the diameter of the slide.
Its a great universal vape/bong slide and works amazingly!

I apologize, my pinnacle is out for repair, so I will be using my SOLO as a reference.

Here is a pic with a normal pinnacle Pong.

Its my universal vape stem for any bong.:D

Philreal187

Would there be any benefit in using the 3" stem with hammer washer versus just using the standard length glass lined Gong directly into the down stem of a water piece?

None that I kno of but if u hop on the hammer thread im sure there is some one a lot more knowledgeable that could share there opinion. Like I said I only have a water tool which isn't idea for a hammer...

Philreal187,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
That new gong / mouthpiece looks just like the McGyvoring many folks have been doing on this thread for the last 9 months. I made a mouthpiece with the pong and an Ascent glass piece. I just needed to sand it down inside because it was too tight otherwise.

But I give them congratulations for finally getting it done. Not sure why they didn't come out with something like this to begin with instead of the other newer pGong? Everyone kept saying you needed a longer vaping path. I guess they finally heard. It will really make an improvement.

Last edited:

MuushuPork

That new gong / mouthpiece looks just like the McGyvoring many folks have been doing on this thread for the last 9 months. I made a mouthpiece with the pong and an Ascent glass piece. I just needed to sand it down inside because it was too tight otherwise.

But I give them congratulations for finally getting it done. Not sure why they didn't come out with something like this to begin with instead of the other newer pGong? Everyone kept saying you needed a longer vaping path. I guess they finally heard. It will really make an improvement.

Either way mine was shipped out this morning!!!

NorVape

Vape Rictim
Hello, everyone!

(TL;DR warning, and please excuse my English, not my first language)

I've been lurking around these parts for around eight months now, and figured it was time to register and contribute to the best of my ability. I really want to start out by thanking the people on this forum for giving people considering switching to vapor so much information. It is one thing to read articles, but a wholly `nother thing to read actual user experiences - good and bad. With out this forum I wouldn't been able to make the switch from smoke to vapor so smoothly, and I would've missed out on the health benefits and of course all the other good things about this hobby (or lifestyle, rather)... Thank you, and keep spreading the "gospel" of healthy canna consumption :D A lot of my friends are vaping now, after seeing, feeling and tasting how much better it is than combustion. We're saving lives, and bringing canna in to the future here, folks!

The Pinnacle Pro is my first vape. Before that I've been smoking Euro Style spliffs, and the occational bong rip, for about 15 years, and my lungs couldn't handle it anymore. As some of you may know, in parts of Europe "Middle Eatsern" hash is often smoked mixed with tobacco and rolled in joints (no, my dear UK canna-brethren, we're not talking soap bar ;D Older folks from the UK, US and Canada know what I'm saying, as well as most "stoners" from Scandinavia, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Greece and of course India, Nepal and the Middle East). When I was smoking, I largely preferred this "old school" hash and it's more balanced and mellow effect to the modern, more intense high end weed. Now, of course, being able to control temps to achieve different effects, high grade modern weed has become a new favourite for me. Vaping really brings out the differences in the strains as well - from flavour to effect.

Being able to use what you Murrcans call "concentrates" was important for me when choosing a vape, as well as portability and stealth when out and about. I basically wanted a vape to replace my spliffs, not something reminding me of the bongs I know many are fond of.

I found out that the PnP works well with Middle Eastern Hash! It's a sticky mess to clean up though, so I must admit vaping changed my preferences from this form of hash to buds and the occational "modern" concentrate... when it's available in this cold and barren land, so far far faaaar away from Cali. A lot easier to dump the ABV out into the ABV bowl and pack a new one, than scraping the sticky hash out.

My hash technique now involves using a regular bullet, rolling high quality hash in to a ball, covering the ball in unbleached raw papers (hey, I've been smoking paper from the age of 11 `till 28, so I probably wont die from vaping some raws lol), and thus containing the stickyness of this exotic hash within the paper, but not affecting vapor production. Remember this hash is NOT full melt, and was never made for anything but combustion.

I almost feel as if I should make a "VAPING IMPORT/MIDDLE EASTERN HASH"-thread here, but I'll wait `till I become a more seasoned member of this board :D I know a lot of Europeans have access to good hash and shit weed, so I feel there should be a conversation about this.

I really like the PnP. It feels like something made by an enthusiast in a garage, for others like him. The only reason I have not recommended it to many people is that it requires an interest in vaping beyond just pressing a button and getting high. So only one of my friends got this little beauty, and he is the gadget kinda guy. Most of my other friends whom I have "converted" now rock with FireFlys or Pax'es.

Still I really like it. It is SO easy to use, even for a n00b. It requires some "modding" though, but that appeals to me - a one time Master Spliff Roller. It IS slightly to harsh on the troath, even with technique. I never go above heat level 2 with herb, and that is mainly just to finish a bullet of. Still i find it irritates my throat, whereas with the FireFly I can do heavy rips, and it feels smooth as Norwegian Mountain Air!

What I do is I either vaporbong it through water or I hook it up to a long glass downstem and then hook the downstem to a Da Buddah hose and glass mouthpiece. Works great! One only has to be careful not to tip the top off, so a certain holding technique is required. Maybe I should just get the WT?

I can live with the slightly harsh vape that comes from only using the GPonG (waaay better than the PonG though. This did actually melt on me, a setting 1 kinda guy), when out and about. The ease of loading herb and dumping ABV on the go makes up for that, as well as the super stealth of the unit. Airport security asked me if it was some sort of insuline needle. "No", i replied, "it's an e-cigar", and then I went on to explain to him the benefits of vaping organic tobacco rather than e-juice looooool

Now, after approx 6 months of HEAVY use, my collar is cracking. I've inquired about a replacement one from TYYK1 when I bought the new elongated glass stem earlier today. It seems rather easy to replace. I really do not want to send it across the atlantic ocean to change such a small part.

All in all, this vape will always have a special place in my heart, as it is the one who saved me from the horrors of combustion.

@TherealVaporblunt I hope you continue to stand behind your product and make sure customers get help when they need it. With the recent development I feel a lot safer when recommending your products to people who are curious about vaping. A good first impression is important to get people to convert. I'm exited to see where you can take this design, and I'm sure you've learned a lot from the whole PnP experience. As people have said, better materials is the key here, because this vape is ingenious! Thank you!

All right. My next posts wont be an essay like this, but I've read each and every post in this thread so I felt I had rather a lot to get of my chest.

Stay vaping, and let's keep this forum the nice place it is :D

Have a nice day,
NorVape
(who's been 100% smoke free for six months, and now can RUN up a set of stairs with ease)

VAPEHUNTER

Hello, everyone!

(TL;DR warning, and please excuse my English, not my first language)

I've been lurking around these parts for around eight months now, and figured it was time to register and contribute to the best of my ability. I really want to start out by thanking the people on this forum for giving people considering switching to vapor so much information. It is one thing to read articles, but a wholly `nother thing to read actual user experiences - good and bad. With out this forum I wouldn't been able to make the switch from smoke to vapor so smoothly, and I would've missed out on the health benefits and of course all the other good things about this hobby (or lifestyle, rather)... Thank you, and keep spreading the "gospel" of healthy canna consumption :D A lot of my friends are vaping now, after seeing, feeling and tasting how much better it is than combustion. We're saving lives, and bringing canna in to the future here, folks!

The Pinnacle Pro is my first vape. Before that I've been smoking Euro Style spliffs, and the occational bong rip, for about 15 years, and my lungs couldn't handle it anymore. As some of you may know, in parts of Europe "Middle Eatsern" hash is often smoked mixed with tobacco and rolled in joints (no, my dear UK canna-brethren, we're not talking soap bar ;D Older folks from the UK, US and Canada know what I'm saying, as well as most "stoners" from Scandinavia, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Greece and of course India, Nepal and the Middle East). When I was smoking, I largely preferred this "old school" hash and it's more balanced and mellow effect to the modern, more intense high end weed. Now, of course, being able to control temps to achieve different effects, high grade modern weed has become a new favourite for me. Vaping really brings out the differences in the strains as well - from flavour to effect.

Being able to use what you Murrcans call "concentrates" was important for me when choosing a vape, as well as portability and stealth when out and about. I basically wanted a vape to replace my spliffs, not something reminding me of the bongs I know many are fond of.

I found out that the PnP works well with Middle Eastern Hash! It's a sticky mess to clean up though, so I must admit vaping changed my preferences from this form of hash to buds and the occational "modern" concentrate... when it's available in this cold and barren land, so far far faaaar away from Cali. A lot easier to dump the ABV out into the ABV bowl and pack a new one, than scraping the sticky hash out.

My hash technique now involves using a regular bullet, rolling high quality hash in to a ball, covering the ball in unbleached raw papers (hey, I've been smoking paper from the age of 11 `till 28, so I probably wont die from vaping some raws lol), and thus containing the stickyness of this exotic hash within the paper, but not affecting vapor production. Remember this hash is NOT full melt, and was never made for anything but combustion.

I almost feel as if I should make a "VAPING IMPORT/MIDDLE EASTERN HASH"-thread here, but I'll wait `till I become a more seasoned member of this board :D I know a lot of Europeans have access to good hash and shit weed, so I feel there should be a conversation about this.

I really like the PnP. It feels like something made by an enthusiast in a garage, for others like him. The only reason I have not recommended it to many people is that it requires an interest in vaping beyond just pressing a button and getting high. So only one of my friends got this little beauty, and he is the gadget kinda guy. Most of my other friends whom I have "converted" now rock with FireFlys or Pax'es.

Still I really like it. It is SO easy to use, even for a n00b. It requires some "modding" though, but that appeals to me - a one time Master Spliff Roller. It IS slightly to harsh on the troath, even with technique. I never go above heat level 2 with herb, and that is mainly just to finish a bullet of. Still i find it irritates my throat, whereas with the FireFly I can do heavy rips, and it feels smooth as Norwegian Mountain Air!

What I do is I either vaporbong it through water or I hook it up to a long glass downstem and then hook the downstem to a Da Buddah hose and glass mouthpiece. Works great! One only has to be careful not to tip the top off, so a certain holding technique is required. Maybe I should just get the WT?

I can live with the slightly harsh vape that comes from only using the GPonG (waaay better than the PonG though. This did actually melt on me, a setting 1 kinda guy), when out and about. The ease of loading herb and dumping ABV on the go makes up for that, as well as the super stealth of the unit. Airport security asked me if it was some sort of insuline needle. "No", i replied, "it's an e-cigar", and then I went on to explain to him the benefits of vaping organic tobacco rather than e-juice looooool

Now, after approx 6 months of HEAVY use, my collar is cracking. I've inquired about a replacement one from TYYK1 when I bought the new elongated glass stem earlier today. It seems rather easy to replace. I really do not want to send it across the atlantic ocean to change such a small part.

All in all, this vape will always have a special place in my heart, as it is the one who saved me from the horrors of combustion.

@TherealVaporblunt I hope you continue to stand behind your product and make sure customers get help when they need it. With the recent development I feel a lot safer when recommending your products to people who are curious about vaping. A good first impression is important to get people to convert. I'm exited to see where you can take this design, and I'm sure you've learned a lot from the whole PnP experience. As people have said, better materials is the key here, because this vape is ingenious! Thank you!

All right. My next posts wont be an essay like this, but I've read each and every post in this thread so I felt I had rather a lot to get of my chest.

Stay vaping, and let's keep this forum the nice place it is :D

Have a nice day,
NorVape
(who's been 100% smoke free for six months, and now can RUN up a set of stairs with ease)
Well first, welcome to the forum and congrats on the purchase, glad your experience has been for the most part a good one. Have you ever tried putting a small screen on top of the herb/ hash in your bullets? It really helps keep the PnP clean and reduces the chance of the collar cracking (again). It also makes transporting packed bullets easy.
As far as your english goes it might be better than mine after a bullet or two:lol:. Great first post and keep spreading the good word about vaping:cheers:.

NorVape

Vape Rictim
Well first, welcome to the forum and congrats on the purchase, glad your experience has been for the most part a good one. Have you ever tried putting a small screen on top of the herb/ hash in your bullets? It really helps keep the PnP clean and reduces the chance of the collar cracking (again). It also makes transporting packed bullets easy.
As far as your english goes it might be better than mine after a bullet or two:lol:. Great first post and keep spreading the good word about vaping:cheers:.

Thank you for the warm welcome :wave: We'll see how good my English is after a couple of bullets as well :smug:

So the screen on top of the bullets are actually that beneficial? I always thought that technique was more aimed at not clogging the screen in the glass stem. I just pop that out and clean it with a q-tip dipped in ISO, and slide it right back in.

Also, I remember reading something about using a "baby bottle nipple" to steady the GponG when hooking it up to stuff, but I can't seem to find `em. I guess these would need to be able to withstand heat, and it's those I can't find. Maybe, since this vape basically is made to be hooked up to things, some sort of "steadier" would be a product idea?

Just thinking out loud here, it's Friday afternoon round my parts of the world :cheers:

Top Bottom