Discontinued Pinnacle Pro

MuushuPork

Howdy folks!

So how would you like to be able to fill a bullet in approx 3-5 seconds and be a perfectly packed fill EVERY time? Stay tuned…

The BarnBoy is hoping everyone is doing well!!! It has been a busy summer and the BarnBoy family is having fun enjoying life at its best. I have taken the PNP on water ski boats, camping trips, road adventures, etc. It really is an excellent tool for stealth, when it functions correctly. I truly hope TRVB will come up with a solution for a battery replacement program as he promised. This is the last major issue with this product. My Panasonic batteries arrived, apparently slow boat across the US… :cuss:

I regret to say that this will probably be my second to last semi-serious posting. As I said before I need to spend more time with wife and family. But I will continue to stalk this thread and help where I can. Especially on something that happens rather serendipitously.

While out and about, I hit on an instance where my hands were tied up, so loading a bullet the standard pack with a tool method using both hands wasn’t going to work. Taking inspiration from @TherealVaporblunt and his Aardvark, I placed a bullet, screen end in my mouth. Using the bullet like a straw, I was able to suck more than enough herbs into the bullet and pack it with my one free hand...

Oh, and the extra benefit was the taste of fresh-fresh herbs on my tongue! :o

Now fast forward to the present. After rummaging in the barn for some hose that was used for my Steinel setup, I was able to extend the bullet 24+ inches away from my face so I can actually see the filling process. And it looks pretty much like what is shown in the photos below. Put the bullet into the straw/tube holder. Yes, I have found some coffee shop straws that will fit and hold the bullet nicely. Hover over the herb and “Hoover” it with your lungs as hard as you can! As always, use your tongue as a particle catcher, especially if doing this method with keif. As you suck, push down to help pack in. Keep drawing your breath until the bullet is full. You will notice a balance of restriction and fill to get it perfect every time. It will also clean up all the loose bits in your grinder and spill tray…

hGVBQwG.jpg

It now takes me less time to fill all x8 bullets than it does for the PNP to warm up when plugged in…
-BB

Been doing this for some time now with a small section of dbv whip tubing. Its perfect with half a chopstick to pack.

MuushuPork,

lookhigh

FC member
Few weeks old GPonG. Only used level 2 and 3. Took out the glass sleeve and I find this....

PnP is going in the trash, I'm getting a Solo and moving on.

SOLO is not without its problems either. Ie stems break, base plate cracking etc.
All vapes will need spare parts/repairs especially portable ones. someday they will be more reliable but as for now.... i don't know.

Vape Dr.

Theres a new one pinnacle portable coming out? Any info?
@llamaman001 The pinnacle X is a new design they are working on with a metal casing. Same diameter, a little bit longer. I am looking forward to that very much as I'm not having much luck with my PnP. I just sent back my 4th unit to be warrantied. It was brand new, first time using it (I start on #1 and end on temp #2) and the unit kept shutting off on itself on temp #1.
Being at such a low temp, I'm curious as to the problem, its not overheating. It is a bit off putting, having to send back so many units, but at least they stand by their product and warranty.
@CarolKing I went through theyoyokid with all my warranties. He is fantastic and quick.
@Kief I agree, definitely recycle any old vapes
@MuushuPork I've used my Wispr rubber stems with an O-ring on my Solo when I've taken it out and about with me. It works better than I thought!:)

***EDIT IN***
@BarnBoy That's awesome you posted that, that's how I fill my bullets as well. Same method as the SOLO quick and simple!

Last edited:

llamaman001

Are you having to pay shipping both to them and back? So basically its just a metal PNP? Are there any added options? Is it still plastic or are the replacing all the parts? If pinnacle could get away from the plastic stuff being around the oven and/or mouthpiece Id be interested to try a product of theirs again.

llamaman001,

Vape Dr.

Just to ship it to theyoyokid. He ships it back on his dime.
The only thing I know is what you all now know.
They are working on a pinnacle with a metal casing to be the Pinnacle X.
As I find more information it, I will be sure to post it for all my friend.:)

**EDIT IN**
It's hush hush right now, I've probably said too much by mentioning it so soon. But now we all have something to look forward too.

Last edited:
Vape Dr.,

Vape Dr.

You will not find any info on the unit here @llamaman001.
As I said, I probably shouldn't have mentioned it quite yet, it is still in its pre-production stages.
It probably won't be available until the end of this year or early next year.

I can tell you they are working on getting rid of all the present issues the PnP face and the new unit will be much much better in every way.
Sorry guys, that's all I can say, but that's better than no news right!:)

@BarnBoy Please make sure to keep your eye on the forum, I know how much you love your PnP! You will be very happy with the new unit!

llamaman001

Thanks for the info vape Dr.! I always like having my anticipation increased and the fact that vaporblunt is improving upon the PNP makes me happy in general. Very glad to hear there is something new in the works.

llamaman001,
Reactions: Vape Dr.

SushiX

San d'Orian Royal Heir
This was the response from 'theyoyokid1' when I told him about my issue:

"The picture you posted show nothing of melting? Only broken glass."

Apparently he's blind.

Few weeks old GPonG. Only used level 2 and 3. Took out the glass sleeve and I find this....

14vsjo6.jpg

SushiX,

salivape

@SushiX To be fair it doesn't look like it's melted in that photo to me either. It looks to me more like an excess bit off plastic that was never trimmed properly? I'm not saying it hasn't melted as you'd know better than anyone but I can understand why yoyo kid said that.

salivape,

MuushuPork

Apparently he's blind.

FYI I stated a while back that TRVB was using the old PonGs we were sending back and retr0-fitting them with glass. They still melt at high temps.

You will not find any info on the unit here @llamaman001.
As I said, I probably shouldn't have mentioned it quite yet, it is still in its pre-production stages.
It probably won't be available until the end of this year or early next year.

I can tell you they are working on getting rid of all the present issues the PnP face and the new unit will be much much better in every way.
Sorry guys, that's all I can say, but that's better than no news right!:)

@BarnBoy Please make sure to keep your eye on the forum, I know how much you love your PnP! You will be very happy with the new unit!

There were pictures of the new prototype posted by @Engineering in this thread or maybe another at some point. It was definitely a polished metal surface.

MuushuPork,

SushiX

San d'Orian Royal Heir
The broken pieces you see are definitely plastic. Because they beveled the the edge for the glass sleeve to sit in, it's very thin and appears transparent like glass. Anyone with a GPonG should be able to see it on their own piece.

Here's a big picture close up through a magnifying glass to help see it better, click the picture to enlarge it:

s5jwgk.jpg

Last edited:
SushiX,
Reactions: Kief

SushiX

San d'Orian Royal Heir
FYI I stated a while back that TRVB was using the old PonGs we were sending back and retr0-fitting them with glass. They still melt at high temps.

This is an entirely new and seperate GPonG. I never sent my broken PonG back due to potential issues with declared item value and custom fees associated with it(as others have reported). They also weren't accepting returns through Dave yet when I decided to just order the GPonG from theyoyokid1.

SushiX,

MuushuPork

This is an entirely new and seperate GPonG. I never sent my broken PonG back due to potential issues with declared item value and custom fees associated with it(as others have reported). They also weren't accepting returns through Dave yet when I decided to just order the GPonG from theyoyokid1.

I'll try to clarify the situation for you. Many people sent their older PonGs back in exchange for new GPonGs. Many of the PonGs exchanged were thinwalled and not meant to be used with the PNP, which caused them to melt (LIKE YOURS). Even though we all assumed we were getting brand new GPonGs with plastic that was made to withstand the heat of the PNP, It turned out TRVB was only retro-fitting the old PonGs and praying they didnt melt with the glass in them.

SushiX

San d'Orian Royal Heir
I'll try to clarify the situation for you. Many people sent their older PonGs back in exchange for new GPonGs. Many of the PonGs exchanged were thinwalled and not meant to be used with the PNP, which caused them to melt (LIKE YOURS). Even though we all assumed we were getting brand new GPonGs with plastic that was made to withstand the heat of the PNP, It turned out TRVB was only retro-fitting the old PonGs and praying they didnt melt with the glass in them.

Ah I see. When I first received the GPonG I noticed the plastic wall was much thinner than the thick walled PonG I had which also melted/cracked. I assumed the glass would be capable absorbing and dissipating the heat and gave the benefit of the doubt. During use I noticed the GPonG was warmer overall compared to the PonG, which would make sense since the whole glass sleeve is getting hot.

I guess the amount of heat the glass sleeve can absorb before just transferring it to the now-thin-again plastic is very little. I'm just gonna avoid plastic vapes overall from now on.

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer

Apparently he's blind.

I would need to see this in person to give you a real opinion. Please return it to me and I'll replace it with a new gpong while we diagnose the problem.

Thanks for the info vape Dr.! I always like having my anticipation increased and the fact that vaporblunt is improving upon the PNP makes me happy in general. Very glad to hear there is something new in the works.
There were pictures of the new prototype posted by @Engineering in this thread or maybe another at some point. It was definitely a polished metal surface.

We do not have a final , proven design yet. Just renderings that may or may not become reality. We also do not have a name yet, so it's really hard for me to give any info. We often refer to things as "x" or "2.0" until we decide what it is, sometimes the final design dictates the name. All I can really confirm is that I'm working hard.

SiDankies

I would need to see this in person to give you a real opinion. Please return it to me and I'll replace it with a new gpong while we diagnose the problem.

We do not have a final , proven design yet. Just renderings that may or may not become reality. We also do not have a name yet, so it's really hard for me to give any info. We often refer to things as "x" or "2.0" until we decide what it is, sometimes the final design dictates the name. All I can really confirm is that I'm working hard.

Glad to hear!! Hope you can improve durability and function while maintaining a small sleek design.

SiDankies,

Kief

Medicated
Are you talking about his avatar pic? I'm pretty sure he said that was an old prototype, not a new one. It's been up for a long time.

Kief,

Abraham310

Hello, everyone.. I'm happy cuz finally I can post on this phorum. :D

I bought this vape arround March 2014, my first unit has that melting problem y it finally get completly dead.
Here is the video... (I uploaded it a few months ago)

Well, afetr that I have to get the unit back to "theyoyokid", he only told me that my unit was covered uner waranty and he gives me a replacement. So, warranty was fine, but I've spent a lot of money on the shiping from México to CA and again back to México.. (Im Mexican)

Well, I was so mad cuz I was completly sure that my unit will get damaged again, but thanks to god the Gpong arrived to my hands and it's much better vape experience, and my PNP has living more than just one moth!

I must say there's a little melting, but cleaning is much easier I clean it about 2 days per week, I use it all day... I'm using hot water on glass, and iso on the screen just a little, is perfect! :D
I had a bad experience and I'm having a good experience right now :)

I have a question... There's any way to get screens replacements for the GPONG? Mine gets a little hole on the sreen and my spittle pass trough that hole, it gets dirty so faster..

I apriciate all things that I've learn on this phorum like a "guest" but I'm happy to be a member finally. LOL. and sorry If I have mistakes on my english..

Last edited:

vtblues

Quick question for you PnP owners. How long does your PNP take to heat up to temp #1?
I've had 4 replacement units and they all take over 2:30 to heat to the first setting.
I could swear my first unit heated up in 45 seconds to a minute to temp #1.
What are your guys average heat up time to the 1st temp setting?
Thanks in advance!
I just timed my pnp, 90 seconds warm up to the first light, fully charged with a room temperature of 72°.

Top Bottom