Discontinued Pinnacle Pro

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Just for the Pinnacle Water tool on VaporBlunt site is $69. The Pnp is priced separately. Whatever you decide VB makes a good product, you won't be sorry.

Last edited:

PureVapr

@TherealVaporblunt
@Engineering

Brand new PnP.

Use: 5 or 6 bullets vaped every day at high temps (level 5).

Thick-walled PonG.

After 5 days:

76B5E264-7583-4441-9275-75C3829083AE-275-0000004A0AD42773_zps385e1957.jpg

After 6 days:

6DF94CCB-480C-46BF-83B4-A10D9A72687A-275-0000004A102891E5_zps1db7b000.jpg

After 8 days:

4B2841F0-839A-4939-9BA4-AD786D6A89E3-275-0000004A176C4C24_zps467539f7.jpg

This is my second unit, the first was replaced by a distributor in my country after the plastic ring on the top of the unit disintegrated, as well as both PonGs (one with the Water Tube, one with the unit) all in a very short space of time.

I'm guessing my PonG has another day or so of life left.

The plastic you are using clearly isn't up to the job. It's simply not fit for purpose, should it be crumbling like this? What sort of testing was done at high temps?

If you could come back to either of the PMs I sent you last month or one of several emails I have been sending since December, that'd be great.

All I'm after is a PonG that won't crumble, please? Unfortunately I don't think such a thing exists, does it?

Many Thanks.

rzaraze

Im thinkin of orderin the Pinnacle Pro with the hydrotube water tool. Problem is the seller doesn't have the water attachment in stock so Ive been lookong at the Vaporblunt 2.0 hydrotube water attachment tools which are more intricate. The seller also has 18/14 mm decreaser adaptor which should allow me to use the Pinnacle Pro with those attachments.

Just want to ask the experts regarding these attachments whether there would be any problems with that configuration? And would it be worth the extra 50 usd? compared to the original Pinnacle Pro bundled with the water attachment? or should I just wait for the Pinnacle Pro original water attachment.

Any opinions would be much appreciated as im a newbie in vaping and have no idea regarding stackers or chuggers in hydrotube water attachments.

I would not suggest doing that. The 18 mm tube is much bigger and will probably fall right off the pro due to the weight.

Ice Rasta

I thought the glass adaptor would just sit on top of the PnP PonG adaptor then on top of it all would be the water tool attachment. Plus I would be holding on to both the PnP and the water tool attachment to prevent slipping and breaking parts. I know how prone to those things I get when I'm baked :-)

Just wanna know if they would fit together like the seller says or not.

Ice Rasta,
Reactions: CarolKing

rzaraze

I thought the glass adaptor would just sit on top of the PnP PonG adaptor then on top of it all would be the water tool attachment. Plus I would be holding on to both the PnP and the water tool attachment to prevent slipping and breaking parts. I know how prone to those things I get when I'm baked :-)

Just wanna know if they would fit together like the seller says or not.

You are right. The pong is just not the most sturdy thing. The 18 mm tube is much bigger than the pro. It would be funny. It's not necessary, you will enjoy the pro without it. I had the guy at the store put that tube on for me and I could tell instantly it wasn't the best idea.

Ice Rasta

Yeah I c what u mean. Save the cash for a nice piece of glass as Ratm22 suggested.

Thanks!!

Unfortunately I can't get my hands on any oils as I live in Thailand so I doubt I will go over 2-3 on the temp.

But damn that thing looks melted to the max and would be a product killer for oil/wax connoisseurs out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ice Rasta,
Reactions: CarolKing

PureVapr

@Ice Rasta doesn't it just :) the thing is, the only thing I can see that sets this unit apart from the original Pinnacle is the fact you can up the heat levels to vape oils & wax. I like to do that, but the unit just doesn't seem to be able to cope.

@RUDE BOY does it? So how many different PonGs are out there? I've destroyed 3 altogether for what would seem to be normal use. A clear one with a thin wall (which came with my Water Tube, you know the thing that works with high-heat levels ;) ) and 2 thick walled black PonGs.

So there is a mysterious, third, different PonG? Maybe it's the one that should be shipped with this product, maybe it will be the PonG that doesn't disintegrate within a week. I'd love it if it is, it'd be good to have a unit that doesn't fall apart, I like it really - it's my first vape. I fucked combustion for this thing, went the whole hog and got the bullet holder too.

Et voila... an email in my inbox requesting my address confirmation. Shouldn't take a post on a public message board to provoke a response really VaporBlunt.

063_XOBX

Ganjapreneur
@TherealVaporblunt
@Engineering

Use: 5 or 6 bullets vaped every day at high temps (level 5).
There's your problem. On the instructions included with the Pro it specifically states that the highest heat setting (5) is for use with the FMJ and waxes/oils. Use a lower heat and your issue probably goes away.

I've been using my Pro pretty hard since I got it (at recommended heat levels) and haven't had any of your issues.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I have no idea of how many different pongs there are but I actually have 4. clear, smoky tint , a little darker gray thin walled and a newer Pro black slightly translucent one. I don't have a pro model PN but still any part should withstand any temp the unit provides. You still have to use the same PonG with oil in the FMJ at the highest temp the PNP throws out. I do hope this all gets sorted out as I was thinking of picking up a PNP in order to just have the first 3 temperature settings, I'll wait a bit.

063_XOBX

Ganjapreneur
I don't have a pro model PN but still any part should withstand any temp the unit provides. You still have to use the same PonG with oil in the FMJ at the highest temp the PNP throws out.

The instructions also say not to keep the unit upright while using the fmj (to prevent oil spillage mostly). If you look at his pictures there is a noticeable amount of avb in his mouthpiece, an indication that rather than kept upright he's been using it at an angle meaning the bullet was kept right against the PONG. I'm sure you can see where that would be an issue on the highest heat setting with a 5 bullet a day habit.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I see it's an issue from the pictures. I do not believe the included mouthpiece or pong should break down with creep or melt in any which way you use the PNP . This material is obviously Sub Par for this use at these temps.
I do love using my PN but vaping melted or degrading plastic parts are not what I desire from my vaporizer.

The pong in the picture above probably weighs less then when new, The balance of that weight went up with the vapor.

Last edited:

063_XOBX

Ganjapreneur
So I'm gonna pick up a water cooling system and I'm deciding between the Pinnacle Water Tube or this bubbler off pipesdaddy-http://www.pipesdaddy.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BB%2D0101%2D0005&CartID=1
Will there be any difference in performance between the two? Stealth isn't really an issue as I'd be using either of these in my home.
Water tube will probably have better diffusion and since you'd be able to use the Pro standing up as intended it's FMJ compatible.

CarolKing

@Ice Rasta doesn't it just :) the thing is, the only thing I can see that sets this unit apart from the original Pinnacle is the fact you can up the heat levels to vape oils & wax. I like to do that, but the unit just doesn't seem to be able to cope.

@RUDE BOY does it? So how many different PonGs are out there? I've destroyed 3 altogether for what would seem to be normal use. A clear one with a thin wall (which came with my Water Tube, you know the thing that works with high-heat levels ;) ) and 2 thick walled black PonGs.

So there is a mysterious, third, different PonG? Maybe it's the one that should be shipped with this product, maybe it will be the PonG that doesn't disintegrate within a week. I'd love it if it is, it'd be good to have a unit that doesn't fall apart, I like it really - it's my first vape. I fucked combustion for this thing, went the whole hog and got the bullet holder too.

Et voila... an email in my inbox requesting my address confirmation. Shouldn't take a post on a public message board to provoke a response really VaporBlunt.
That pong doesn't look healthy enough to use, stop using it. TRVB said that they had someone answering phone calls. Have you tried calling them?

I wonder if somehow that could be a mouthpiece or pong for a different unit? Rude Boy might be right, it might not be for the Pnp. They had some defective pongs early on, I don't remember if they had any defective mouthpieces. Yours is definitely defective though. I'm sure you are very frustrated with this issue, I sure would be.

Last edited:

Philreal187

I'm on a mission to get the best portable vaporizer for my needs. I have had a vapor bro box for over 4 years and still use it today as much as i did when i first got it. I plan to only use dry herb, my first port vape pick was the mflb but i have realized ill probably just end up not using it after a few month just not what im looking for. My second pick the the Pinnacle Pro dlx, im still leaning with this one the most for the easy bullet loads and the water tool. Third is the da vinci ascent looks pretty nice but not sold on it yet. Finally is the solo which i keep reading about, i dont kno if i like how it loads and i hear its tough to hit, but it seems to keep rating the highest from reviews. I would love to hear some pros opinions on which one is the best over all, since i have a home vape its one for the go im looking to get.
Thanks

CarolKing

I have all three units and love them all. Why don't you read through about 20 pages of each of those threads on FC. The Solo has been around the longest, so it has the longest record. I dont know if money is an issue, you can get the Solo for $160. through Puffitup, they are an FC sponsor( I hope it's still on sale ). The other 2 units have only been out since September. The Ascent has had some faulty units and so has the Pinnacle Pro. There is always a risk with a new unit until all the bugs are worked out.

Ask questions of some of the members while you're checking things out. Our members are very thoughtful and really try to help each other. What might be good for one person may not be for someone else. Good luck with your search.

Last edited:

Philreal187

I have all three units and love them all. Why don't you read through about 20 pages of each of those threads on FC. The Solo has been around the longest, so it has the longest record. I dont know if money is an issue, you can get the Solo for $160. through Puffitup, they are an FC sponsor( I hope it's still on sale ). The other 2 units have only been out since September. The Ascent has had some faulty units and so has the Pinnacle Pro. There is always a risk with a new unit until all the bugs are worked out.

Ask questions of some of the members while you're checking things out. Our members are very thoughtful and really try to help each other. What might be good for one person may not be for someone else. Good luck with your search.

Thanks a lot and this site has been the most helpful in getting more then one opinion. I'm looking to get one with my tax return so im willing to pay alittle extra to get the quality. I have thought to just wait it out another year and see what comes out but my patience is about gone since ive spent weeks researching the portable vape market haha. thanks again.

063_XOBX

Ganjapreneur
Thanks a lot and this site has been the most helpful in getting more then one opinion. I'm looking to get one with my tax return so im willing to pay alittle extra to get the quality. I have thought to just wait it out another year and see what comes out but my patience is about gone since ive spent weeks researching the portable vape market haha. thanks again.
You should factor in that your own personal usage patterns may not be others. Personally I'd say that for a portable it's between the Pinnacle Pro and the Pax because I need something I can use in semi-public in a portable. I'd feel comfortable with either in a movie theater for example.

UnderMist

Technically its vapor but UnderVape sounded weird
Just ordered the Pinnacle Pro, with the Water Tool through the eBay store that was recommended in this thread. Looking forward to seeing how it works. I read through this thread as well as other threads dedicated to other portable vapes. It was between this and the Solo. I chose this, mainly because of its form factor and the way it loads up the herb material. Hopefully it lives up to the reputation it has earned. I am however a little bit weary of the PonG tip, since issues have been reported as well as the battery being prone to dying too soon. I will post here with a quality over view once I receive the unit to add another perspective on it.

420time

ive gotten the same thing as you, but mines is from using oil and it getting stuck on the pong, and kinda stuck on the PnP because of the oil built up on the sides. so when ever i pull mines off its always a pain and a small piece gets pulled off in the process. maybe all you need to do is clean it more often.

420time,

samirfuzzywuzzy

Yesterday Penelope (sexy name for my PnP), the wife and I went to the nude beach.
20140203_130427.jpg

I must say there is nothing better then being stoned out of your mind, naked, on a beautiful beach with the love of your life!

I think this experience is not for everyone but most peace loving hippies like me will find it to be the ultimate deviation from society and its constraints.

Top Bottom