Pinnacle Pro or Pax?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotthudachek

Hi! I'm totally new here it seems like an awesome place!! I was going to post a new thread but I guess I am not allowed to yet so I will just ask here.
My buddy bought a PAX months ago and loved it and had to get me a portable vape. I went with the Arizer Solo which I also love. I am looking for another vape to add to my collection and this time I want something a little more portable that I can bring on the run with me.
I was set on getting a PAX but after recently seeing and reading about the Pinnacle Pro I am kind of leaning more towards the Pro. I am also very intrigued by the water pipe attachment!! It looks fun!!!
So I ask...PAX vs Pinnacle Pro? What should i go with? I love the portability of the PAX and how simple it is.
They are both around the same price. I am torn. What to go with!!?

scotthudachek,

Grim Chiclets

They are both around the same price. I am torn. What to go with!!?
I'd actually say for portability, the Cera is my number 1 choice just for the speed and amount of bowls you can do on a charge- but between the Pax and PnP I'd go with the Pinnacle Pro, IMO it's better than the Pax in like.. every way.:myday:

I'd also like the note that the Pinnacle Pro is great at home as well- especially with the WT or a nice piece of glassware :science:

Grim Chiclets,

1_gr8_underdog

Trapped in the Astral Planes Back from the dead
Hi @scotthudachek & welcome to FC.
I can be of little helping choose between these two. But I can guide you over to a previous thread with more posts to examine. Maybe somewhere in there is the key. Here is the thread, there are some comparisons you may find useful. Hope this helps. :tup:

Last edited:

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Pinnacle was good but too harsh without water, and i dont wanna carry around a water tube with me. Pax is nice but its a huge bowl and it is more picky about being cleaned. Its not cleaning 24/7 like people say. They all have their own quirks. Maybe check out tha firefly also?

Tweek

Pax is slick, but it gunks up fast and its failed me in that way as a portable...I don't have the time to fuss when I am trying to get a quick, discreet hit in. I love my pinnacle pro...true, it does get harsh on higher temps without water, but it works quick and is low maintenance.

I wouldn't recommend the Cera...that thing is so heavy, it's like having a carrot in your pocket. Oil carts are great, but vapor production is very light for herb.

If you are open to other suggestions, have a look through the portables section, Lots of great options.

arf777

No longer dogless
I own 'em both, and the Pax is not even in the same league as the PnP, IMHO. The PnP is much better with a water tool. But keep in mind how damn tiny the PnP water tools are- I have one that is no taller than the PnP itself, and is so well made I doubt I CAN break it just in my pocket (unless I fall down directly on it). Have carried them both around in my pocket, totally forgot the glass was even there.

arf777,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Norlin

Classic Rocker
My pax is so finicky it's ridiculous (even after multiple cleanings), I'd never consider buying another one again. :cry: When it does work, however, it's an okay experience.

Such a great concept though...

Norlin,

Curiousone

I own the Pax not the PNP. I did not expect to have to clean it nearly as much, but about every 2-3 days seems to keep it problem free. Other than that, I do like it and I find it is very portable/stealthy. But it is a "stinker" compared to my the Solo.

I find that my friends enjoy it over other vapes also.

You have to be committed to keeping it properly cleaned to fully enjoy it, imo

Edit: The PNP does seem interesting...but I'm happy with my decision.

Curiousone,

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Tha only reason i gifted my pinnacle, was, it was too harsh for me, if that was different, i would still have it, and it would probably be loaded right now.

KidFated.,

KC

feet on the ground, head in the sky
Depends on your use, I think. The Pax is the stealth winner, I think, and hits smoother dry. The Pinnacle is more conservative with herb, offers more flexibility for use (WT, more temps) and is easy to maintain. With the WT, I think the Pinnacle is much smoother.

Taste is better on the Pax, IMO.

I own a Pinnacle though, and prefer it. I would only use the Pax once in a while, since I do most of my medicating at home. The leftover AVB from my Pinnacle is very usable for hot chocolate/milkshakes/edibles.

KC,

Vape Dr.

if your having trouble with a dirty pax, try charging it mouthpiece up in a shallow drawer (so it doesn't fall over) with the charger on top. it makes a world of difference.

Vape Dr.,

Uncle Tito

"Just to kick it is a blessing"
I had the same dilemma and I ended up going with the Pax. The ultra portability plusits discreet nature were the perfect combo for me. It gives me big clouds of vapor and fantastic highs and I clean it every week or two. I can say i would trade my Pax for a Pinnacle Pro. I used a friends pinnacle pro and liked it but it didn't have any decided advantages of the Pax which is smaller, better looking, and more discreet. Either way I'm sure you will be happy

Uncle Tito,

Vape Dr.

Pax is slick, but it gunks up fast and its failed me in that way as a portable...I don't have the time to fuss when I am trying to get a quick, discreet hit in. I love my pinnacle pro...true, it does get harsh on higher temps without water, but it works quick and is low maintenance.

I wouldn't recommend the Cera...that thing is so heavy, it's like having a carrot in your pocket. Oil carts are great, but vapor production is very light for herb.

If you are open to other suggestions, have a look through the portables section, Lots of great options.
with your pax, charge it upside down with the charger charger on top. also the pax charges 1:2. for every minute of use it takes 2 minutes to charge. i love my pax and my pinnacle pro, but of i had to pick one it would be the pax way longer battery life

Uncle Tito

"Just to kick it is a blessing"
with your pax, charge it upside down with the charger charger on top. also the pax charges 1:2. for every minute of use it takes 2 minutes to charge. i love my pax and my pinnacle pro, but of i had to pick one it would be the pax way longer battery life
Why do you charge your Pax upside down?

Uncle Tito,

Vape Dr.

it keeps the mouthpiece from sticking. clean your pax, then put it in a shallow drawer(so out doesn't fall over) mouthpiece up with the charger on top. i do that and i clean mine every 2 Weeks and its not even that dirty. gravity keeps the mouthpiece clean. I always keep it charged above 75%. full battery = bigger tastier hits. i never go above medium. and use a half packed oven with a custom dual stainless steel mesh screen setup that allows better air flow between the herb and oven lid, less restrictive draws. usually get 12 nice hits on low and 12 on med out of .01-.02 Gs.

Last edited:
Vape Dr.,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom