Pinnacle or ascent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spaceshipbob

Yo guys hope you're all good. I have been loving my pax and keen to get a spare portable. i can get a pinnacle for $150 for the next few days., So In your learned opinions, a), is that a good deal and I should get to buying, or b), should I chill and wait for the ascent? I know it's not out yet but some of y'all have had 'em and I imagine you're the types who have compared a great many other vapes.

Thanks

spaceshipbob,
Hey Spaceship Bob - I'm a Solo owner currently looking for a new portable as well. I have done an extensive search. I've looked at almost every portable vape known to man. My impression of the Pinnacle based on my research was that it is nothing special. I was confused by the hype around the Ascent but now I completely understand it. There is a massive need for a better portable IMO. If I were you I would absolutely wait. It seems to me that most portable vapes are not that great and many may combust if not used carefully. It seems to me the Solo is king although with the glass stem its portability may not suit all. Of course this can be dealt with by acquiring one of Ed's beautiful wooden stems :) The pax seems good but it is expensive and is a herb hog. Then you have all the butane based portables. Sorry they are not for me. Then you have the flame based portables. Again not for me and may combust if technique is lacking.

By the way - if you are looking for something cheap in the meantime the Vapir NO2 is available for about $85 on Ebay through seemingly reputable sellers. Im not sure about warranties and so forth but personally that is not a big deal to me. It seems to be a better vape than the Pinnacle. I think once the Ascent has been out for a while I will get one although I think it is kind of ugly IMO. It looks like a 1990's cell phone to me but functionality is all that really counts anyway

Mr. Gweilo 420,
Reactions: satyrday

2-Medicated

Hey Spaceship Bob - I'm a Solo owner currently looking for a new portable as well. I have done an extensive search. I've looked at almost every portable vape known to man. My impression of the Pinnacle based on my research was that it is nothing special. I was confused by the hype around the Ascent but now I completely understand it. There is a massive need for a better portable IMO. If I were you I would absolutely wait. It seems to me that most portable vapes are not that great and many may combust if not used carefully. It seems to me the Solo is king although with the glass stem its portability may not suit all. Of course this can be dealt with by acquiring one of Ed's beautiful wooden stems :) The pax seems good but it is expensive and is a herb hog. Then you have all the butane based portables. Sorry they are not for me. Then you have the flame based portables. Again not for me and may combust if technique is lacking.

By the way - if you are looking for something cheap in the meantime the Vapir NO2 is available for about $85 on Ebay through seemingly reputable sellers. Im not sure about warranties and so forth but personally that is not a big deal to me. It seems to be a better vape than the Pinnacle. I think once the Ascent has been out for a while I will get one although I think it is kind of ugly IMO. It looks like a 1990's cell phone to me but functionality is all that really counts anyway

While I can easily see how one can vape through copious amounts of herb in the Pax, I would by no means call it a "herb hog". I've recently been managing 15 minute sessions with .1g bowls. As with any device, theres a learning curve to the Pax, but when it's been conquered it repays you like no other..!

Happy searching!

2-Medicated,

Shmoo

Yo guys hope you're all good. I have been loving my pax and keen to get a spare portable. i can get a pinnacle for $150 for the next few days., So In your learned opinions, a), is that a good deal and I should get to buying, or b), should I chill and wait for the ascent? I know it's not out yet but some of y'all have had 'em and I imagine you're the types who have compared a great many other vapes.

Thanks
It's really up to you. The Pinnacle is $100 cheaper than the Ascent, but it does have it's downsides. If you're into picking exactly what temperature you want, then go with the Ascent because you can only pick 370 F or 390 F with the Pinnacle. That doesn't mean you don't get full extraction though, check out my post for a decent shot of some very spent AVB. Also, if you plan on possibly using oils, the Ascent would be the way to go because the Pinnacle simply cannot handle them.

Shmoo,

satyrday

Fire, I'll take you to burn.
Fire, I'll take you to learn.

For me any more it's the Sub or the Vapor Genie coil plus torch (stuck in a mini bub). But the Solo is all-around king in the battery space IMO. The Ascent looks like a contender. Big knock on the Pinnacle is lack of high temps for those that really crave...

Fire, I'll take you to burn.
Fire, I'll take you to learn.

satyrday,

Katysax

I have the Pinnacle and the DaVinci - don't have the Ascent. I really like the Pinnacle a lot and think that it doesn't get the respect that some of the other portables get, but that doesn't mean it isn't a great vaporizer. For me mutiple temps don't matter, having a high and low setting is enough. The Pinnacle is simple, easy to clean, very portable and works well. You don't get thick clouds of tape if that's what you are looking for, but it gets the job done.

The DaVinci is enormous and heavy in comparison. It's harder to load and clean. It gets really hot so you can't just shove it in your pocket or put it down anywhere. You do get slightly thicker vape. It's great in a lot of ways, but its not as portable or as simple as the Pinnacle.

Of those two, overall I prefer the Pinnacle as a portable. I'm probably not going to get the Ascent any time soon if at all. It looks way interesting, but it has been described a cell phone sized, which is still large, and the price is high - it will go down.

Katysax,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom