Photo sharing

needalift

im curious who you guys use to share pics . I use Photobucket which is no longer free . All of my pics can no longer be viewed and they want me to pay $300 annually to continue using them . Not gonna pay that . That is crazy to me . What are some good (easy to use ) recommendations ???
Thanks !!!

needalift,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I make this comment, because my photobucket accounts have 1000+ images, and I know that my images from 7 years of posts in this forum are now invisible.
Many of you will face this.
I found a workaround that sometimes works.
If you see this:
vape%20often.jpg

Left click it and select "view image".
You will be taken to photobucket to that particular image.
Once in a while you will see what you see above, there at photobucket.
Sometimes it shows the image well.... It also gives the direct link to the image that you can copy and use some of the time.
Sometimes all it shows is the image above.

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
yes... and tinypic is easy also.
what won't be an easy task is getting all of the images from photobucket downloaded.....
reloaded to imgur or tinypic....
and then go back and find all posts with images (about 20- 25% of my posts have images)
That is a big task to repair.
In future I can use imgur, or tinypic.
I simply mourn for all of the images I posted here over last 7 years!

needalift

@Vitolo , this is exactly what happened to me !! So aggravating !!! When I looked it up , they want you to pay $399 annually to host your pics . That's some bs if you ask me . I'm also sorry that this has happened to you too . I didn't lose a lot on FC . My posted pictures aren't as extensive as others , but I have a ton of those Photobucket images where my pics used to be on the record collecting forum I'm on :( .

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
I just learned that I have my own personal photo hosting service (as long as I keep my patient forum functioning).
I can "attach images" to posts at VaporTrail... and then I can copy and paste them to here.
I can not go back and reconstruct years of images posted here... but I can move forward gracefully, and when a question comes up.... retrieve old images and use them in other locations!

MinnBobber

?? As a photobucket user myself, what exactly do we have to do to retrieve our PBucket pics and move them to imgur??

Thanks

MinnBobber,
Reactions: needalift

Vitolo

Vaporist
you log into photobucket, and can touch images individually and the to the right.... select "download"
Or you can select an entire album, and touch (again to the right) "download album".
If album has many images in it, it will tell you that you do not have to wait.... when album is ready for download you will get an email to let you know.
The download album link lasts for 12 hours... if you miss that time frame you can do it again.
The download album deal takes about 20-30 minutes. The individual downloads are instant.
Image shack called themselves a free hosting service, and they were first to do this (charge high dollars).
At the time I had only 4000 posts, so fixing it by going to photobucket was the solution.
Now photobucket got too big for their britches, thinking that we would comply due to forums etc.
Imgur will begin charging for sharing next.
Finally I believe that even tinypic will eventually charge for sharing.

Top Bottom