Phattpiggies Wood Shed

needalift

@GreenHopper you're more than welcome. Enjoy.

@nickdanger just tell the nice man they are 'Little Stems of Calm' and the more you have and the prettier they are, the calmer you will be.

As @VapCap and @Winegums know well no off cut gets thrown away, nearly all of them can be used some where or other.
So what do you do with a 10mm thick piece of M3 Mokume, you use it that's what.
Blackwood and Cobaltium with Aluminium.
pMo0DCG.jpg
This piece looks perfect . If by some off chance it's not spoken for , hit me up !!

needalift

@phattpiggie , I've had a little time with the stem I got from you and I'm loving it !! The draw feels great and with it being a longer stem it just feels cool to hold . It took a little adjustment from my usual heat to draw process due to the size , but quickly became comfortable . Great work !!
I promise I tiptoed around how to word a post about my huge stem to keep it from sounding dirty . :D

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
I've avoided any smutt since I became 'professional' piggie, not cussed or dropped any innuendo in anywhere @needalift and to be fair it's been a struggle. I'm foul mouthed and don't need any encouragement.

So you enjoy playing with your wood, make sure and use the finish I sent you and take your time and polish the wood I gave you, the finish can also be used to lube your tip before you insert it.
Your wood does lack a bit in girth but it more than makes up for it in length, probably the longest wood I've given any one.

Welcome to the 'Daddy Long Toke' club.

More seriously let me know how you get on, myself and @Ruta have noticed a difference in performance with the longer stem.

needalift

@phattpiggie I am enjoying it so far . I noticed a difference in performance , and for me , it's for the better . I am not one that finds a close cab too restrictive , in fact I like the how a pull feels with a closed carb . Having a piece with no carb is a whole other story . I thought with the length and no carb that it may be more restrictive , but instead it was less . Vey much like when I smoked a cigarette ( many years ago ) . I am also not one to complain about heat or harshness of a draw off a vapcap , but when I used this long piece, I noticed a significant difference but for the better . Very cool vapor . I think this stem performs great !! Do you get the same experience ?
I'm really liking this piece even the inclusion on the hot end !! It is much smaller than it looked in the pics ( the inclusion that is ) . Either way I love it being there . If someone else decides they would like one that looks exactly the same , there will always be that characteristic that makes mine a one of a kind !!! It amazes me how sometimes people forget that wood is full of imperfections and that's what makes it beautiful and unique . Now I can't wait to get my next @phattpiggie piece !!!!!

almost there

@phattpiggie , I've had a little time with the stem I got from you and I'm loving it !! The draw feels great and with it being a longer stem it just feels cool to hold . It took a little adjustment from my usual heat to draw process due to the size , but quickly became comfortable . Great work !!
I promise I tiptoed around how to word a post about my huge stem to keep it from sounding dirty . :D
Do tell, how big is that big stem? I'm guessing at least 150mm for the stem? These pics are getting me so hyped for mine. Been waking up at 5:00 every morning when the usps notice updates me on the status of my delivery. Hope it gets here soon bc I seriously need sleep:freak:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I forget exactly how long my stem is, but it's probably close to XLS size or a bit bigger. I personally quite enjoy the draw resistance w no carb. Dense vapor and it's tasty! I admit after seeing @little maggie s stem that she paired w her WS I'm thinking I will probably need to get another one at some point, similar to hers... That thing is amazing. :bowdown:

almost there

A big thank you to @phattpiggie for making me this stunning piece, in some cases the clothes does make the man. I feel so classy holding this in my hand. The black wood is so amazingly smooth and has such a nice solid weight to it. Thanks PP for convincing me to go carb-less, as @needalift said the extra length magically reduces draw resistance, it's like a turbo vapcap.
2Pgmgeh.jpg

2Pgmgeh.jpg

2Pgmgeh.jpg

PsySijk

A big thank you to @phattpiggie for making me this stunning piece, in some cases the clothes does make the man. I feel so classy holding this in my hand. The black wood is so amazingly smooth and has such a nice solid weight to it. Thanks PP for convincing me to go carb-less, as @needalift said the extra length magically reduces draw resistance, it's like a turbo vapcap.
2Pgmgeh.jpg

2Pgmgeh.jpg

2Pgmgeh.jpg
Hmm very tempting to go carbless, whats the science behind the reduced drag on the draw? is it just the Vapcap performing well without a carb in general or does the extra length really make the odds?

almost there

Hmm very tempting to go carbless, whats the science behind the reduced drag on the draw? is it just the Vapcap performing well without a carb in general or does the extra length really make the odds?
can't explain the dynamics of it but maybe PP can? If I had to guess it's the combination of having a skinny tip so it's easier to wrap my lips better for a better seal and the extra length. I was a little apprehensive that I would miss having the carb even though I always use it closed. now that I actually have it I'm glad there's no drilled hole on its beautiful surface

Last edited:

needalift

2Pgmgeh.jpg

2Pgmgeh.jpg

2Pgmgeh.jpg
That looks awesome !! Very classy . Nice work @phattpiggie !! Nice choice @almost there !! That Blackwood looks great .

PsySijk

can't explain the dynamics of it but maybe PP can? If I had to guess it's the combination of having a skinny tip so it's easier to wrap my lips better for a better seal and the extra length. I was a little apprehensive that I would miss having the carb even though I always use it closed. now that I actually have it I'm glad there's no marks on its beautiful surface
I suppose even if the hit is too hot you can draw air in through the corners of your mouth like a spoon pipe or something.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I suppose even if the hit is too hot you can draw air in through the corners of your mouth like a spoon pipe or something.

Exactly what I do.

Mines 98mm. It does definitely have the most draw resistance of any vape I have, but I think it's about on par with a carb closed TI woody, when I had that. I really like it regardless, it feels like smoking a joint and that's how I use it. Mine kinda looks like some badass Harry Potter wand found in some artisan wand shop.

edit:

I certainly feel like a wizard when I use it, at least :myday::sherlock:

Last edited:

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Good to see it arrived safe and sound @almost there, if you have any difficulty removing the condenser PM and I'll talk you thru it.

The condensers need to be cleaned from the MP end in yours @needalift.
Small wad of paper or cotton, hemp. You choose.
Pushed into the condenser about 1/2" drop some Iso onto the wad and push it thru with one of the skewers I send out.

The condenser is made of two different diameter SS and if you try from the hot end the wad will stick and you'll swear.

As for the difference I am putting it down to the fact that the extra length and small bore of the condenser accelerates the vapor and it makes a difference some how.

All I know is I found a difference in performance, then @Ruta confirmed it and now you good people are saying the same thing.

I've settled on using my 107mm Blackwood/Padauk segmented or the original condenserless 150m Padauk.
I ain't coughed up any bright red loogies yet so I figure the color has leached out into the reclaim and not me.

I went with the small bores as they allow me to make slim stems, but I've looked into making the condenser in 6mm as well if anyone wants, just need to buy the tap and die.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@grokit, thanks. As you say there shouldn't be any problems. One size fits all.

@david8613 I'm expecting an M to arrive any day so I can be sure, I am keen to see how much heat transfer there is with the all SS construction.

But for now here's some pictures of another segmented stem I got done today in between conversations with people on the other side of the planet.

The case of the wondering drill, Thuya burr and a 5mm hole.
Looks good from this end, but not so the other
HlrWdOwm.jpg
5Z3UrcHm.jpg

Put together like this and the ends won't pull together properly, so it's back to the lathe on a custom mandrel to square it all up.
vqSQP3Um.jpg
65QvUM1m.jpg

My new favorite piece of tooling, a collet chuck. This allows me to take pieces in, out and turn them around at will with out any concerns of it not centring again.
Second picture is the 'hot end' getting a thread put in it. The MP gets the same treatment.
XGU3aJDm.jpg
pQAeSfLm.jpg
ZwSMAjbm.jpg

Collets go from 2mm to 20mm so a quick swap and the condenser goes in and gets threaded.
Condenser gets screwed in to the Blackwood, brass and Thuya all go in place
U12BZAcm.jpg
umYZ5oKm.jpg

and it all gets screwed together, you can see the PVA which I've had to use so it all just doesn't spin when a chisel is offered up to it.
9fpd7Ez.jpg

Turned and squared, but it's not for public gaze just yet, nice surprise for the lady it's destined for.

Top Bottom