Phattpiggies Wood Shed

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@muunch I was gutted for you yesterday and over the moon today.

As I prepare myself for a Thuya filing frenzy next week I had a go at finishing up a couple of other just for kicks, practice type things.

Top Lignum and a grape acrylic, Blackwood and Aluminium accents, and a Teak 62mm Square
TFLpAxe.jpg

I'm still not sure how to do the shorter stems, any and all ideas always welcome.
The Blackwood was inspired by a pen made by a guy called Lynn Lacey
SFmJbVD.jpg

This is what I had pinned down in a new jig I made

Mr. Me2

@muunch I was gutted for you yesterday and over the moon today.

As I prepare myself for a Thuya filing frenzy next week I had a go at finishing up a couple of other just for kicks, practice type things.

Top Lignum and a grape acrylic, Blackwood and Aluminium accents, and a Teak 62mm Square
TFLpAxe.jpg

I'm still not sure how to do the shorter stems, any and all ideas always welcome.
The Blackwood was inspired by a pen made by a guy called Lynn Lacey
SFmJbVD.jpg

This is what I had pinned down in a new jig I made
Outstanding again! That Blackwood is stunning!!!

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@muunch nice set of fotos. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

@Squiby I think it's some Beech but I'm really not sure.
It a Twisted Square and it's led to me doing another in the same shape but in different woods, it was a challenge doing that one.
The next will present it's own problems but should be the dogs danglies.

Many thanks again for the likes and kind words folks.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
It's a mysterywood (Piggie doesn't know afaik) squared twist. Kinda long, no carb hole. Super-smooth wood. it's really nice, took two drags off of some Blue Dream as I ran home to close my window and avoid rain coming in onto my electronics and it was super nice, but still induced coughing so may wait til I'm done w my antibiotics to really chief on this bad boy :spliff:

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@hoyo77 you've started the process by PM'ing me.

Many thanks @Creeper I've also got a collaboration deal going on with a fellow FC'er and once he gets some time out from his 'bread and butter' work I'll have some unique glass stems on offer as well.

@Squiby Another one of those 'I wonder if...' moments the other day for the Telescopic Twist.
I'll speak with George and hopefully he can get the parts out to me ASAP so I can get this completed for you.
For now you'll just have to imagine the out come of this piece once I've set to.

Left, Segmented Blackwood and Thuya Twisted Square, Blackwood and Honey Bee Acrylic and another try at a Thuya Square. All ready for a the next stages.

qiCcTOO.jpg

I have to say a big thanks to everyone who's shown interest in my work, I don't ask for anything other than patience from you so please hang in there, I've got a few days of paperwork to come for my 'normal' work which should be the last big job outside of FC that I do.

It's looking like I should hit my goal of doing nothing but woodwork from mid March.

Mr. Me2

@hoyo77 you've started the process by PM'ing me.

Many thanks @Creeper I've also got a collaboration deal going on with a fellow FC'er and once he gets some time out from his 'bread and butter' work I'll have some unique glass stems on offer as well.

@Squiby Another one of those 'I wonder if...' moments the other day for the Telescopic Twist.
I'll speak with George and hopefully he can get the parts out to me ASAP so I can get this completed for you.
For now you'll just have to imagine the out come of this piece once I've set to.

Left, Segmented Blackwood and Thuya Twisted Square, Blackwood and Honey Bee Acrylic and another try at a Thuya Square. All ready for a the next stages.

qiCcTOO.jpg

I have to say a big thanks to everyone who's shown interest in my work, I don't ask for anything other than patience from you so please hang in there, I've got a few days of paperwork to come for my 'normal' work which should be the last big job outside of FC that I do.

It's looking like I should hit my goal of doing nothing but woodwork from mid March.
Congrats on living the dream!

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@Creeper two green blanks in this lot, the shorter one is a polyester and will require a bit of practice from me as it chips. This is where I've bought them from
http://www.theturnersworkshop.co.uk/shop/pen-blanks.html
UCvAk1R.jpg

@little maggie so sorry to hear this, I hope it's somewhere in the house so you know it's there and just a matter of finding it again.

I'm really against the whole 'hard sell' thing and 'pushy' salespeople get short shrift from me everytime.
Saying that as you've set the ball rolling there have been times when I've seen or used a particular species and you came to mind straight away so I don't feel as bad about showing you what I've discovered.

http://www.theturnersworkshop.co.uk/shop/pen-blanks/wood-blanks/cinnamon-pen-blank.html
http://www.theturnersworkshop.co.uk/shop/pen-blanks/wood-blanks/camphor-wood.html

From our conversations we both understand there can be more to wood than the looks and feel.

PM me as my skills have improved but not my memory. If you are talking about the Teak and brass stem I have some of those already made up, if it's Thuya you'll have to hang in there.

As for 'living the dream' maybe more of a 'going with the obsession' is more in keeping :lol:

Enjoy the weekend people.

TheVaporist

Man is a universe within himself

I'm trying to stay far from there for my sanity's sake, but the massive black hole in the center of my wallet keep attracting this thread :D

You already know how I like your work, and the recent refinements and progression in your work are outstanding.
So I'm totally pleased to see that you gonna achieve to devote entirely yourself to your passion, huge congratulations on that!
I wish you even more success and achievements on your path!

Now I'm gonna think about wich beauty will enter the family! :sherlock:

Last edited:

VanCough

Environmentalist
Sorry if this is a stupid question but are these stems for use with the omnivap or can they be used with the dynavap original vapcap?

I'm interested in getting one and getting a wooden stem, but at the moment the omnivap is too expensive to justify!

Top Bottom