• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Phattpiggies Wood Shed

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
In this segmented one the 'hot end' and the MP have been threaded, again no adhesive in the vapor path as the condenser runs the full length.
Ovangkol, Padauk and Blackwood MP.
FXsnglX.jpg

uRKeK02.jpg

Nothing up my sleeve at all @Squiby :lol:
Oh my that is a nice one...

HD Springer

Received the latest @phattpiggie special this evening. This one is a beaut! A vintage cigarette holder dating back to 1919 which was modified and revived into a vapcap stem! Thanks Piggie!

OcctOWx.jpg

The age is almost as amazing as the piece itself. I couldn't handle the pressure of owning a piece as priceless as this. I might get 1 bowl out of her before I'd drop her.

Papa Woody

"The vapor is strong with this one"-Obi Onda Woody
Oh, dear... :ugh:

Do you think cannabis consumption increases proportionally to the number of stems you have?

If it does, I may be in a bit of trouble....:whoa:

Cannabis consumption increases proportionally with the square of the number of stems you have...

The Inverse Stem Law...

You are in more trouble than you can imagine...

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@Godspeed everything is in this thread, no website at present. Feel free to PM me.

Order placed for some more Thuya and a couple of nice acrylics.

Late EDIT.
Got another Segmented stem done this time as all the cuts are 45 degrees I thought I'd give it whirl with no glue. Tried a new clamping method which seems to have worked. Just need to modify a set of jaws for the lathe as my drill press has a tendency to wander.
Ovangkol, Blackwood, Padauk, Lemonwood, Ovangkol and a Blackwood MP.
W9fNRgR.jpg

@Aezhenn here's the 'hot end' and the threaded condenser, same goes on at the MP. It all went a bit out of shape when I tightened the bits up, but leaving enough meat on it meant I had plenty left to get the final shape.
FMXJ0km.jpg

Last edited:

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Not been busy in any satisfying kind of a way recently, got new Thuya coming and already have some more acrylics to play with.

This video shows why some people received Ear wax spoons with their stems. I only had a couple at the time.
I've also used long nose pliers or a small flat blade screwdriver. Papermate pen with the internals removed.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
@Godspeed everything is in this thread, no website at present. Feel free to PM me.

Order placed for some more Thuya and a couple of nice acrylics.

Late EDIT.
Got another Segmented stem done this time as all the cuts are 45 degrees I thought I'd give it whirl with no glue. Tried a new clamping method which seems to have worked. Just need to modify a set of jaws for the lathe as my drill press has a tendency to wander.
Ovangkol, Blackwood, Padauk, Lemonwood, Ovangkol and a Blackwood MP.
W9fNRgR.jpg

@Aezhenn here's the 'hot end' and the threaded condenser, same goes on at the MP. It all went a bit out of shape when I tightened the bits up, but leaving enough meat on it meant I had plenty left to get the final shape.
FMXJ0km.jpg
Angled clamping is a real pain but worth it in the end. Great work! I'm working on ways around the problem and it seems like a bi axis clamp is needed. I'll probably make a jig for it at some point. For now I've been wrapping my 45 degree stuff in elastics and string to keep the joint from slipping sideways. Wood glue doesn't need a ton of pressure to get a good bond but it does need some.

I don't know if it was intentional but that looks just like the German flag.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@Munch I saw it was down for delivery today.

Tried a 62mm Square today in Teak, had another idea as I've been looking at it.
Wremeh9.jpg

Thuya has arrived along with a couple of really good looking Tulipwood, the colors in this are amazing and are pretty close to the video as in the hand.
Roughing out, next time I'll get some before and after shots of the lathe, messy, chips go everywhere. The only one which came round was the Synthetic Ivory.
UCvAk1R.jpg

Had to make a jig to hold segmented stuff and it's made life a bit easier.
SDfh3Zv.jpg

Top Bottom