People who own the Arizer ExtremeQ or HRFury 2, do either produce lots of excess vapor between hits?

jayf95

I've narrowed down my search to these two devices. Both fit my budget at ~$200CAD. I am coming from a MFLB so my main concern is reducing the amount of excess vapor produced between hits. I use a smoke buddy to exhale vapor through, but I notice that the MFLB produces very little vapor after your hit. My buddies davinci on the other hand spews out vapor between hits and that vapor stinks up the room.

I know neither are true "on demand" vapes like the MFLB, so its expected theres gonna be at least a little vapor produced after turning the vape off. But how bad is it for either vape? Do you see excess vapor spewing from the mouthpiece between hits? Or do you see vapor leaking from the heating chamber?

I also know that its not really fair to compare a desktop and a portable vape, but Im on the fence between the two. I primarily vape at home on the couch, so portability isnt huge for me, yet its nice to have. If I get the arizer EQ I could always use the MFLB when on the go.

For the Arizer EQ, does the fan cool down the weed quickly? Like if I attach a bag to it and let the fan run after turning off heating, would it help prevent excess vapor production that could escape?
Also, how long does it typically take to heat up? Is it best to preheat the vape before adding weed?

What Im looking for from you guys is reasons to persuade/dissuade me from buying either vape. Again, my main concern is excess vapor leakage and odor production from vapor leakage.

Thanks

jayf95,
Reactions: AtomicPB

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
You are only considering a "session/on demand" distinction and not "cinduction/convection one".
EQ is a pure convection vape. That means it only produces vapor when the air is flowing.
That means when you are hitting it and when the fan is on.
It is also a session vape because it takes a while to heat up and cool down.
So if you turn the heat off and keep the fan on, it will keep producing vapor. If you want it to stop producing vapor you have to do the opposite - just turn the fan off and you don 't need to turn off the heat.
If you want it to cool down rapidly, just lift the bowl from the unit and suck on it - you will be sucking cool air that cools it down even further, but that's really not necessary, even with the heat on and no airflow, it stops producing vapor.
EQ takes about few minutes to heat up enough to produce vapor, and then like 10 more minute to get to optimal performance.
You can load the weed before of after preheating the vape, probably not going to make much of a difference.

So if you are worried about vapor leakage with EQ, don't. It doesn't actively leak vapor between hits.
The only two kind of leakage you could get with EQ are:
1) After hitting the hose, some vapor can remain in it and then slowly leak out. It's not actively produces, it got there because you were hitting it.
You can just clear it by lifting the elbow joint and sucking the vapor out and new vapor won't get in until you hit it again.
2) If you fill a bag so much that its tight, it will blow some vapor out. I just recommend not filling it all the way, so there is no pressure in it forcing the vapor out.
If you are worried about smell, you will alwas get that, regardless of leakage, leaking units might be a little more smelly than non-leaking ones, but those smell too. Just have a open window for 5 minutes after the session and the smell will clear out.

Don't have HRFury2 and never looked into it, so I won't comment on that one.

AtomicPB

I own both vapes and the MFLB.

If you do not draw the Fury2 will have some vapour escape. If you use the normal mouthpiece I don't see a comfortable way around that but I also do not consider it a huge waste. If you use the WPA instead of the normal mouthpiece you could block it with you thumb as suggested above for the EQ.

For the EQ there are two ways to consume. If you use the bags there shouldn't be any vapor escaping if you take the cyclone bowl off the EQ after the bag is filled. If you use the whip you can hold your thumb on it as @sickmanfraud said.

Coming from the MFLB I think I understand where your concern about wasted vapour is coming from but I think it is something that doesn't really matter with those vapes or any other vape that I personally know, because it really is very minimal.

On the other hand as you are used to instant on-demand with the MFLB you might consider a whole session a waste in comparison to just one or two quick draws and then a longer break before the next tokes. That can not be helped though if you decide for a session vape. With the Fury2 you could probably do two sessions a 4 minutes with one load, so that might come a little closer to the MFLB than the EQ.

Both, the EQ and Fury2 are great vapes can't see you going totally wrong with them at all. I definitely enjoyed them a lot so far. :)

Last edited:
AtomicPB,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I don't own any desktops but I'd go for an original Solo or Solo II deal over my Fury 2. My Solo II is more effective than the Fury 2 and the vapor quality and experience is considerably better. My Fury 2 is handy for a pocket but portability and stealth are its only advantages. At home I'd never choose the Fury 2.

I saw a US ebay seller with a Solo II for $180 with manufacturer warranty.

bossman,

Kozzmozz

Infinite realities, infinite possibilities
Or how about a sticky brick that is on-demand convection?
You pick it up and have vapor but as soon as you stop there is no more heat so no more smell.
The OG brick is a cordless desktop in my eyes, and I think you will really like it.
Or if you want to take it with you the junior could be a better option.

Kozzmozz,

little maggie

You are comparing totally different vapes- a large desktop and a small portable. I do own and like both and as others have said its pretty easy to cover the mp of either. With the fury, I prefer to use one of the glass stems which are easy to cover. I also turn it off after a couple of hits and use it more as an on demand.

i am curious about why you didnt choose a true on demand vape. I'm surprised no one has suggested the vapcap yet. I've used that and the original brick in the past but don't like using butane. If you do you might consider those. Especially a vapcap that is less than a hundred.

But what about the on-demand ones with replaceable batteries like the milaana, mistvape touch, tubo. Those are solid, well-made and have no vapor when not in use.

little maggie,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I agree with @little maggie that a VapCap is a solid option, particularly if you want to be really efficient. The draw resistance isn't for everyone nor is heating up for each draw. It definitely checks the box for not letting off vapor when not in use though

bossman,

jayf95

You are only considering a "session/on demand" distinction and not "cinduction/convection one".
EQ is a pure convection vape. That means it only produces vapor when the air is flowing.
That means when you are hitting it and when the fan is on.
It is also a session vape because it takes a while to heat up and cool down.
So if you turn the heat off and keep the fan on, it will keep producing vapor. If you want it to stop producing vapor you have to do the opposite - just turn the fan off and you don 't need to turn off the heat.
If you want it to cool down rapidly, just lift the bowl from the unit and suck on it - you will be sucking cool air that cools it down even further, but that's really not necessary, even with the heat on and no airflow, it stops producing vapor.
EQ takes about few minutes to heat up enough to produce vapor, and then like 10 more minute to get to optimal performance.
You can load the weed before of after preheating the vape, probably not going to make much of a difference.

So if you are worried about vapor leakage with EQ, don't. It doesn't actively leak vapor between hits.
The only two kind of leakage you could get with EQ are:
1) After hitting the hose, some vapor can remain in it and then slowly leak out. It's not actively produces, it got there because you were hitting it.
You can just clear it by lifting the elbow joint and sucking the vapor out and new vapor won't get in until you hit it again.
2) If you fill a bag so much that its tight, it will blow some vapor out. I just recommend not filling it all the way, so there is no pressure in it forcing the vapor out.
If you are worried about smell, you will alwas get that, regardless of leakage, leaking units might be a little more smelly than non-leaking ones, but those smell too. Just have a open window for 5 minutes after the session and the smell will clear out.

Don't have HRFury2 and never looked into it, so I won't comment on that one.
Thanks for the detailed reply, it's much appreciated
I think I will go for the fury 2 though and save up and get a desktop vape when I don't have to worry about stealth

jayf95,

jayf95

I own both vapes and the MFLB.

If you do not draw the Fury2 will have some vapour escape. If you use the normal mouthpiece I don't see a comfortable way around that but I also do not consider it a huge waste. If you use the WPA instead of the normal mouthpiece you could block it with you thumb as suggested above for the EQ.

For the EQ there are two ways to consume. If you use the bags there shouldn't be any vapor escaping if you take the cyclone bowl off the EQ after the bag is filled. If you use the whip you can hold your thumb on it as @sickmanfraud said.

Coming from the MFLB I think I understand where your concern about wasted vapour is coming from but I think it is something that doesn't really matter with those vapes or any other vape that I personally know, because it really is very minimal.

On the other hand as you are used to instant on-demand with the MFLB you might consider a whole session a waste in comparison to just one or two quick draws and then a longer break before the next tokes. That can not be helped though if you decide for a session vape. With the Fury2 you could probably do two sessions a 4 minutes with one load, so that might come a little closer to the MFLB than the EQ.

Both, the EQ and Fury2 are great vapes can't see you going totally wrong with them at all. I definitely enjoyed them a lot so far. :)
Thanks for the reply it was super helpful I think I'm gonna go for the fury 2. I'm curious though, how did it compare to the mflb, in terms of vapor production and how high it got you?

jayf95,

jayf95

Or how about a sticky brick that is on-demand convection?
You pick it up and have vapor but as soon as you stop there is no more heat so no more smell.
The OG brick is a cordless desktop in my eyes, and I think you will really like it.
Or if you want to take it with you the junior could be a better option.

You are comparing totally different vapes- a large desktop and a small portable. I do own and like both and as others have said its pretty easy to cover the mp of either. With the fury, I prefer to use one of the glass stems which are easy to cover. I also turn it off after a couple of hits and use it more as an on demand.

i am curious about why you didnt choose a true on demand vape. I'm surprised no one has suggested the vapcap yet. I've used that and the original brick in the past but don't like using butane. If you do you might consider those. Especially a vapcap that is less than a hundred.

But what about the on-demand ones with replaceable batteries like the milaana, mistvape touch, tubo. Those are solid, well-made and have no vapor when not in use.

I agree with @little maggie that a VapCap is a solid option, particularly if you want to be really efficient. The draw resistance isn't for everyone nor is heating up for each draw. It definitely checks the box for not letting off vapor when not in use though

The reason I'm avoiding vapcap and the sticky brick is that I refuse to use a butane torch. I don't trust myself with it when I'm stoned. I'm paranoid enough to constantly double check my mflb batteries are capped, having a butane torch and really hot vapes would stress me out. I've heard great things about them but it's not for me. Thanks for your replies though.

I like the tubo the most but I don't wanna wait for it to come back in stock. The milaana is ok but I'm not a fan of the look and I want a simplistic vape that doesn't require complex drawing techniques for when I share.

jayf95,

AtomicPB

@jayf95

Vapour production of the Fury2 is superior to the MFLB from what I can tell. I think my draw technique with the MFLB is not perfect but quite okay so that I can get nice visible clouds out of it. With the Fury2 one does not need any technique, just draw and get nice clouds.

The stone of both vapes is a little different. Maybe because the MFLB is mainly conduction and the Fury2 is a hybrid vape but both get the job done. I love both devices for what they are. The Fury2 can be more convenient at times while I like the on-demand capabilities of the MFLB.

AtomicPB,

little maggie

The fury 2 is a nice simple vape. You can't go wrong with it. And i don't like butane either. Did you rule out the mistic vape. One thing to keep in mind for future vapes is that its really a myth that you need special techniques to use the wood vapes lke the tubo, milaana, MVT etc. I know people post strategies in the threads but I assume they are looking for perfection. All of them basically involve making sure the battery is charged and then holding a button down while you inhale. Simple as that except a few allow you to set a specifc temp. Really no learnng curve so fine for sharing. Also a new one that seems similar and haven't tried is the lil bud.
when you are ready for a desktop make sure you check out the logs; underdog, enano, whispers etc. Pretty simple

broken keyboard aargh.

little maggie,

lockie

To answer your title question on the Fury 2, it will NOT leak any vapor if you just cover the mouthpiece on the top and the airflow holes at the bottom. Probably fine with just covering the MP but it doesn't leak much regardless. Very easy to do with 1 hand (thumb and pinky) as the unit is small so very easy to hide in the palm of your hand. Quick 3 clicks to turn off to reload another bowl and then turn it back on still at least a still warm unit for an even faster heat up.

lockie,
Top Bottom