• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

pen-style vape for herbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterchen

Hi guys,

I just came back here after a long pause, so I guess lots has changed on the market.
I was wondering if meanwhile there is a good reliable hard-enough-hitting on-the-go pen-style vape for herbs.

It should look similar to an e-zig.
If possible I'd like to not inhale stuff through plastic.
Price does not matter.

Thanks for all suggestions!

peterchen,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Only dry herb vape I'd consider the size of a pen is the Grasshopper, everything else just doesn't compare performance wise

Delta3DStudios,
Reactions: peterchen

peterchen

Only dry herb vape I'd consider the size of a pen is the Grasshopper, everything else just doesn't compare performance wise

Hey, thanks for replying. So would you recommend the grasshopper in general as a good vape?

Edit: Ok, so I checked it out and it's not yet officially released so it's not a good candidate for me. I dont wanna try out something brand new and deal with the common initial issues new vapes tend to have.

Last edited:
peterchen,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Hey, thanks for replying. So would you recommend the grasshopper in general as a good vape?

Edit: Ok, so I checked it out and it's not yet officially released so it's not a good candidate for me. I dont wanna try out something brand new and deal with the common initial issues new vapes tend to have.
It's the best stealth vaporizer I have ever used - great performance, and insanely fast heatup times in a discrete size. Is it a good all around vape? Not really - mouthpiece gets hot as hell after 3 puffs.

Indeed the Grasshopper is just wrapping up the IGG backer shipments now, and they should be starting to ship preorders very soon after (although there's a lot of preorders to ship). But for stealth, it's certainly worth the wait.

That sai, I suggest you check out the Arizer Air. It's not quite as small as the grasshopper, and it doesn't heat up nearly as fast, but it's a good entry level vaporizer at a fair price (around $165 with coupon online)

Delta3DStudios,

SilentRunner

SilentRunner,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The Arizer Air will hold you over until the Grasshopper is available. If you order the Grasshopper today it could still be 6 months or more before you receive it.

The Air is very sturdy and well made It's about the size of an ecigar us is how I would describe it. Check out the thread. It's very easy to use and clean. The 2 lower temps is where the flavor is at. It works well with a water tool or a j hook with an adapter (GonG or WonG).

There have been very few faulty units. Try ordering through Puffitup, they are one of FCs vendors that advertise here. They have great customer service and they actually answer their calls and emails.

Last edited:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I bought the XMAX-Pro V 2 (Cigar Pen) when it was on sale at PIU and then put it threw a detail series of tests. See link at bottom.

Since writing up the review I bought another when they went on sale at PIU a second time. After several months I wouldn't change the review. I bought the second one for my wife as a daily driver so I could keep the first one as my Solo backup. My wife was tired/bored with the MFLB and doesn't want to use the Arizer Solo. My wife is pretty hard on electronics so I picked the Xmax-Pro-V2 in case she kills it. They are currently going for $79.

I'll summarize to save you time. If you like what you see you could read the detail review via the link at bottom:
- Batteries are changeable and I would suggest at least buying one extra since the battery life is about 30 minutes per charge. Each session cuts off automatically at 5 minutes.
- It's a large form factor for a pen vape. Closer to the Arizer Air in size than an e-cig. I've heard people call these 'cigar-pens'.
- I wouldn't choose the Xmax over my Arizer Solo and although I don't own an Arizer Air... what I've read tells me I wouldn't choose the Xmax over the Air either.

With the above in mind why am I suggesting you look into an Xmax-Pro-V2..... It's a cigar pen that works for herb, is decent for out and about events, it's inexpensive and would tide you over nicely till you can get a grasshopper.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/xmax-v2-vaporizer-also-atmos-astra.15773/page-13#post-852948

His_Highness,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom