PCKT One Plus vs CCell batteries

Vaporware

I have a few CCell cartridges and a CCell Palm battery, but it has the same harshness for me that cartridges do on most batteries*. The temps on Pax Era pods can be turned down enough to be more comfortable for me, but I don’t love the wick system or the fact that I can only buy pods from one company here right now and I can’t easily refill them, so I’d rather use more CCells (and flower).

Since the PCKT One Plus has 3 temp settings I’ve been thinking about trying one, but I need to know if I can use it to get cooler, smoother vapor or just hotter and even harsher vapor?

The voltages listed imply the latter, but it also says it adjusts those voltages based on the cartridge, so I need to hear from actual users.

What do you think? Is the PCKT One Plus capable of delivering cooler and smoother vapor than the CCell Palm?

If not, any other suggestions that are a similar size?

*I think part of the harshness is non-cannabis derived terpenes and stuff like that, but at least for me that problem can be mitigated with lower temps.

Vaporware,

Vaporware

I decided to take a chance on the PCKT One Plus while it was on sale and it does seem that at least on the lowest setting it’s a lot less hot and harsh than the CCell Palm. The terpenes in these cartridges are still a bit rough on my throat, but it’s a lot less bad so I’m happy with it so far.

Baron23

While I like the auto=draw and either fixed temp or a few set temp type batteries that hide the cart (e.g. Palm, PCKT, etc) if I wanted to really control the temp and experience of a cart, I like my small box mods.

I have an Eleaf Nano which I like very much. Its small, its rugged, has a nice display, and variable voltage is adjustable across a very wide range. No, it doesn't hide the cart in the battery, but it def has functional benefits over the Palm type incl a fire button (which the PCKT Plus now also has) in case your cart clogs.

Cheers

Vaporware

If you have access to co2 or distillate syringes, the Era pods are pretty easy to refill.

I haven’t bought any yet, but I know at least one place I could get them so I’d give it a shot.

When I looked into it shortly after the Era came out I saw a lot of people failing to refill theirs successfully, but it looks like they’ve worked out how to do it better now.

Do you recommend extensive disassembly, or just pulling the mouthpiece and injecting through a port?

Also, my empty pod falls out constantly; is tape the best solution?

...and finally, my oldest pod is still fairly full, but it’s very difficult to get anything out of it. If you really suck hard and turn up the temp it can work a bit, but it’s far from normal. Any tips on getting that one working right again, or maybe a link to a good resource that would answer these questions?

While I like the auto=draw and either fixed temp or a few set temp type batteries that hide the cart (e.g. Palm, PCKT, etc) if I wanted to really control the temp and experience of a cart, I like my small box mods.

I have an Eleaf Nano which I like very much. Its small, its rugged, has a nice display, and variable voltage is adjustable across a very wide range. No, it doesn't hide the cart in the battery, but it def has functional benefits over the Palm type incl a fire button (which the PCKT Plus now also has) in case your cart clogs.

Cheers

Thanks, I did think about that, and I might try it later, but right now the main use I have for these carts is pulling them out of my pocket (assembled), using them in a place I’d rather they not be noticed, and dropping them straight back into my pocket.

If I’m home or in a more comfortable environment I prefer flower, dabbable concentrates, or hash now that I’ve found some.

Anyone who uses them a lot at home should seriously consider this. Unless you like hot, harsh vapor or you need the tiny size and it’s all you can get your hands on, I can’t recommend the non-adjustable batteries like the CCell Palm.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Do you recommend extensive disassembly, or just pulling the mouthpiece and injecting through a port?

Don't disassemble it or remove the mouthpiece, that's too much of a hassle. There's two little rubber stoppers that plug the oil fill slots in the top of the pod below the mouthpiece, you can see them if you shine a light down the pod. all you do is slip your luer lock syringe tip right to the edge of one of those plugs and push and it will insert right in, fill the pod, and when you remove the syringe the little plug will automatically seal.

Also, my empty pod falls out constantly; is tape the best solution?

It's the simplest solution I've found. A little strip of Scotch tape on one side of the pod is enough to snug it up in my Era.

...and finally, my oldest pod is still fairly full, but it’s very difficult to get anything out of it. If you really suck hard and turn up the temp it can work a bit, but it’s far from normal. Any tips on getting that one working right again

Do you know if it was distillate or co2 oil? You could try putting it in a ziploc bag and floating it in some warm water to change the viscosity and then try to use it, but if it reverts to the original state when it cools down, as I suspect it might, you may consider syringing it out of the pod to use elsewhere if it's not wicking in your Era.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: Vaporware
Top Bottom