• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coastal

About stirring: I load the oven to the top but leave it loose, don't pack it. After each draw I trun it upside down and shake it a bit to redistribute the oven. It all gets vaped evenly that way.

If you really want to stir it, a toothpick or a twig off the nearest branch will work just fine, no tools required.

Coastal,

Dammit

How come after it is ready and green, after I take a hit it will change colors to the temp color, and then I shake it, it goes back to purple and starts heating up again????

Wasn't like this the first night I got it.

Mine does this as well. I'm pretty sure it's just your mouth piece moving around. It's just magnets that set the pax into different modes so if the mouth piece shifts around, it might think you took the mouth piece off or something. Just make sure it's secure and you'll be fine.

Dammit,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
interesting, I'm curious about the long term affects of having a neo magnet next to an accelerometer unit.

kushcabbage,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
holy crap, cant even keep up with this thread, so fast.

spent all day with the pax, with only two ovens loaded for the day i was pretty medicated ALL DAY.

just click, wait a few seconds, toke and click back in the pocket, done! maybe can do that 3-4 times for a good medicating sessions off a super tight packed bowl.

i love this thing SO MUCH. cause herbal highs, are just the best for me, and what work for ME.

so having such a discreet (holy shit id take this anywhere, looks like an ipod) vape makes it easier to be out more and still be medicating without the hassle of like loading shit, stirring, waiting, having to have proper hit tech.

just click, cruise in my car, hit it natrually or any way i want, just like second nature and ALWAYS produces FAT hits :)

yeah i could do that with the solo, but when i was done it was like, hang on, unload do all this shit while driving, or if you put it away, then when it gets cold and emptying the bowl cold is a bitch and you just dont wana do it later. with pax, click off, pocket, done.

btw i did bend the corner of my screen up like everyone said, and no probs, fast draw, slow draw, it vapes evenly for me on medium.

only gripe, car chager, who cares, i have AC in my car anyways and i could just buy another home charger, but guess what YA DONT NEED IT. (unless you're away from home or a power outlet for a LONG time)

JoeKickass

Mine does this as well. I'm pretty sure it's just your mouth piece moving around. It's just magnets that set the pax into different modes so if the mouth piece shifts around, it might think you took the mouth piece off or something. Just make sure it's secure and you'll be fine.

It's a loose connection somewhere, just be ready to send it in if it breaks:

Definitely sounds like a loose connection, the mouthpiece makes an electrical connection between the stem in the Pax and the spring surrounding it that supports the mouthpiece. You should be able to switch between temp and heating just by resting the mouthpiece on the spring, or by using a paperclip to touch both the stem and the spring.

Hey all, how big is the end of the power adaptor that plugs into the doc?

You thinking of charging it from your car or a battery? Here's my idea:
So you can forgot the expensive regulator I had in my other post, here are your options for powering your Pax on-the-go:

Car adapter
Spare Wall Adapter

Just make sure it's right-angled, the center is positive, and the size is close to 1.3mm ID, 3.5mm OD. Like Ploom said anything 9 to 18v will work!

If you want to charge your Pax away from any outlet or car at all you need to buy an extra adapter, cut the wire, and solder on a connector. Then you buy a spare battery: 2-3 Charges or 5-6 Charges, solder it to the other connector, and you can plug you Pax charger right into your battery pack. You need acharger for the spare battery pack and one more connector to make it easy to connect but it's under $100 now even with the big battery :brow:

JoeKickass,

Elvis

bricked
Hey Joe, no I ordered one and its on it way to me in new Zealand. I've got an adaptor with the same output just need to know the size of the end so I can make sure it will fit when it arrives and I can get vaking asap

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
shot a quick video, was so high while using that thing during the video it just came to a slow crawl, gonna have to edit that shit out hahaha. i just love this thing. just a pinch of half a gram it fucks shit up and gets you hiiiiigh :) :science:

Xchadb,

JoeKickass

Hey Joe, no I ordered one and its on it way to me in new Zealand. I've got an adaptor with the same output just need to know the size of the end so I can make sure it will fit when it arrives and I can get vaking asap

Just in case you didn't see it:
Just make sure it's right-angled, the center is positive, and the size is close to 1.3mm ID, 3.5mm OD. Like Ploom said anything 9 to 18v will work!

Hole is 1.3mm or smaller, outside of plug is 3.5mm and it needs to be right-angled

JoeKickass,

MoneyCheeba

Had to join in I'm new and waiting on my Pax, My first Vape ever, very informative thread I must say, I was suckered by Vapeworld ordering my Pax, it said the cobalt was available, once I made the purchase they shot me to back order, funny thing is there is no cancellation option for the order so I have to wait till, or better yet chose to wait till the 20th to get mine shipped, a long wait it is, but from what I can tell worth it by this thread, I was going to get it from vaporstore but they don't have the extra screens and extra lid accessories available, but if anyone is interested they say they have black and purple ready to ship, no wait, I would have ordered from them but I wanted the extras as backup just in case they were needed.

MoneyCheeba,

Elvis

bricked
Just in case you didn't see it:

Hole is 1.3mm or smaller, outside of plug is 3.5mm and it needs to be right-angled
Thanks Joe. Looking forward to jamming this unit and comparing to my puffit. I ordered the amethyst one : )

Elvis,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
Maybe someone can help me, I am on the highest setting, but I barely seeing any vapor. Is this normal? I'm coming from a VG bat and I could get some decent vapor out of it. Any ideas?

lesvape,

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
Maybe someone can help me, I am on the highest setting, but I barely seeing any vapor. Is this normal? I'm coming from a VG bat and I could get some decent vapor out of it. Any ideas?

The oven should be tightly packed. Stuff a .3 in there and i bet you will not be disappointed.

tranceporter,

suhbliem

Grower
I strongly disagree with that statement. I never stir my Pax and the bowls are pretty consistently vaped. I could probably get 2-3 more hits from stirring it once, but I get such satisfaction from tapping out a brick of ABV and tossing it aside that I don't bother. Besides, who spends $250 on a portable device and expects to carry around their own stirrer?

I spent this past weekend camping with my Pax, and I'll most likely make a post about it tomorrow. For what it's worth, I liked it so much that it's just now occurring to me that since I got home this afternoon I've continued using the Pax, and my beloved Solo is sitting cold in my desk. I suppose that she's gotten the message that from now on, she'll have to share me. I also RMA'd a Pax last week, and might make a post about that, too.

I agree the pax does not require stirring. I get 4 sesh's out of one oven load and when I empty it, it is all abv

suhbliem,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
So is it recommended to try to discharge the battery as much as possible each time before charging? I know there's not any real long term input on this yet and I will probably do it regardless.

Also, say you charge it up and don't use it for a week or more (once again, prob not much input in this dept yet), it holds a charge well?

JDSupreme,

JCat

Accessory Maker
my mouthpiece is sticking too. i've cleaned the vapor path well and this doesn't seem to affect the sticking of the mouthpiece. as i feared before buying this, i feel the mouthpiece tube going over top of the vapor path in the body leaves and area that is pretty much completely inaccessible for cleaning. i suspect this is the area getting buildup and will soon cause my click mouthpiece button to fail.. anyone reach out to ploom/know a solution for this issue?

I noticed mine starting to fail to catch a little so I just used a pipe cleaner with 99% ISO (almost dried) to rub around the outside of the stainless tube in the body ... just took a couple seconds and seemed to do the trick. Working fine since!

I also noticed that it's not too hard to take apart (one screw and then "push" it apart? refer to prior posts by JoeKickass I believe) so if it gets too bad one could take apart give a good cleaning, and re-assemble. Probably won't take more than 10 min. I would like to know what Ploom's policy on this would be as far as voiding the warranty though ... I mean if it's something that is going to need to be done every once in a while, I don't want to have to send my unit away for 10 minutes of work just to avoid voiding my warranty!

Pack down tight! (across the whole length of the bowl ... even if it's only half full it needs to be packed tightly) This was my experience initially too until some members helped me figure this out :)

mod note: Please avoid making back-to-back posts in a thread. Use the Edit feature. Merged.

JCat,

Cleanfiend

any other espresso enthusiasts agree that the pax needs a proper tamper? i have tried to use the cap for this purpose, but the curvature of the magnetic cap prevents one from getting a uniform packing. Anyone have any suggestions for objects that work well as a Pax Tamper?

bazzles

I just pulled the trigger on the black Pax from VaporStore hopefully it is in stock like the site says and ships out today. I cant wait to try this thing out. The HV Evo just doesnt cut it for me. From videos of the pax the vapor production looks on par with a desktop vape which is nice.

bazzles,

turk

turk
I use my index finger :shrug:

...me too....I've also found other handy things around work as well a "precise V5 extra fine" pen bottom which I always have in my pockets as part of my job...work perfectly...but anything that is hard and can fit in the oven will suffice...

turk,

mattstermh

So my mouthpiece is just not secure...i have to keep it slightly pushed down to activate the purple light (start temp) and keep it pushed down with my mouth while pulling in order for it to stay green.

DAMNIT I guess I have to send it back.

mattstermh,

Drastic

Vape4Life
On the mouthpiece, very innovative design but it has a flaw: the unassailable outer part of the air-path pipe. The resin that builds up in the mouthpiece when in use gets transferred to the outside of the air-path when you click off and the unit cools. Only fix I found so far is opening up the pax, push the clip up and let the spring fall out, then go to work with 99 iso around the air-path where the spring was(tight fit, not easy) This lasts me about 3 days of heavy use.

Best method I found: 0.3-0.4 flower and <0.1 wax in the middle loaded tight. I stir once half way through and im good for like 4-5 10 minute sessions, but do not leave the unit standing on the mouthpiece, wax ran down the air-path and froze the button.

For those whose heater wont stay on try cleaning around the air-path in the device very well. Try to get the spring also. See if you notice any change.

MoneyCheeba

I wonder if the kinks are just because this is the first round of Pax shipments, maybe the second round of shipments may have better function? I don't know but I just cancelled my order with Vapeworld which won't have the pax in cobalt till Aug. 20th and black and purple till Sept. 10th, way too long of a wait...I ordered it from vapor store, I called them and they said they have purple and black in stock and my Black Pax will be shipped out today, only thing is they don't have replacement parts for the Pax at vaporstore.com extra screens and lids and mouth piece will come in handy from the comments I've seen here, anyway my Pax is on it's way, for those who bought the Pax on vapeworld and are waiting, if you decide to cancel your order it says it will take 24 to 72 hours to be credited back, so you decide.

MoneyCheeba,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
Seems like having to open up the pax to clean an inassesable spring that get coated by the vapor path when the spring is depressed is not the way to go about things. Especially if this 'voids the warranty' I'm still ploom less over here though so I can't really comment but on the experiences of others. A sticking mouthpiece seems to be problem número uno, battery charging at a second. Any new device can have problems, but a device that can't be fully 100 percent clean seems inconvient especially when we were told all separated vapor path. For 250 dollars and the hype, waiting and testing they said they did, you think they would have noticed something as essential as the mouthpiece not holding in the slot do to resin build up. I'm sure tobacco makes resin too, especially with the fruit sugared version of tobacco available (which it was made for) I don't think we are having this issue just because of the herb we are using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom