• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

slosmoke805

My mouthpiece became stuck today and I pushed it further than it should go down in the off position. I've tried blowing in it to heat it up and there's no movement at all. I'm sure it needed more lube on the silver part of the mouthpiece but Pax support is taking too long to respond and I was wondering if anyone else has ever had this issue. I could only find videos and posts of people that got it stuck in the off position and not further down than that. Here is an image of what I mean by getting it stuck further down. Thanks for your time. Really jonesin' for a sesh right now. :/

14nn1vn.jpg
[/IMG]
14nn1vn.jpg

Last edited:
slosmoke805,
Reactions: VegNVape

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
My mouthpiece became stuck today and I pushed it further than it should go down in the off position. I've tried blowing in it to heat it up and there's no movement at all. I'm sure it needed more lube on the silver part of the mouthpiece but Pax support is taking too long to respond and I was wondering if anyone else has ever had this issue. I could only find videos and posts of people that got it stuck in the off position and not further down than that. Here is an image of what I mean by getting it stuck further down. Thanks for your time. Really jonesin' for a sesh right now. :/

14nn1vn.jpg
[/IMG]
14nn1vn.jpg

Try leaving it in your car on a hot day (keep the vape upright the whole time)

Then immediately try to unstick it while it's warm. CLEAN IMMEDIATELY after removing mouthpiece

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep

14nn1vn.jpg
[/IMG]
14nn1vn.jpg

Yep yep a hairdryer is the way to go. First warm your Pax up, and also take a fat rubber band to put over the lip of the mouthpiece to then grip with a pair of needle nose pliers and puuuuuull . . .

Let us know how you get on.

:peace:

VegNVape,

smolderson_bud

The idea is you put the charging dock on top of the mouthpiece. This way the vaporizer is always "upright" - helps to ensure your vape never builds up reclaim around the temp switch sensor

But I will certainly get a picture for you with the charger on top

OK, so, you mean, it would sit in your dock and then we'd put the native dock/charger on top of the Pax while it is sitting in your dock?

Also, on the 'upright' issue... Sorry, I know there must be a thread about it (and you may have even linked to it), but does it matter how the Pax is stored always, or only while heated?

Last edited:

Phlegmy Kilmister

The idea is you put the charging dock on top of the mouthpiece. This way the vaporizer is always "upright" - helps to ensure your vape never builds up reclaim around the temp switch sensor

While there is a switch in there, the danger comes into play while cleaning only, you don't want alcohol/resin mix to enter into the switch, because when the alcohol evaporates the resin will insulate the contacts.
Resin alone won't flow into the switch unless the vaporizer was so packed with resin I doubt it would even function.

Also, on the 'upright' issue... Sorry, I know there must be a thread about it (and you may have even linked to it), but does it matter how the Pax is stored always, or only while heated?

Heated, but that would include using the PAX.
The problem is the design, it is a nested tube (tube in tube). While the mouthpiece is up in the 'use' position, vapor is collecting on the inside surface of the larger tube (mouthpiece tube), when you push the MP in, the smaller tube (inside the PAX) scrapes the resin from the wall of the MP tube's inner surface.
When you use the PAX this tube (inner tube running from oven to MP) gets hot and the resin melts and flows and adheres the nested tubes together.
Proper cleaning and care is the only remedy.
Well I suppose you could use a magnet if you are lazy and only use a single heat setting.

Phlegmy Kilmister,
Reactions: TommydCat

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Heh, what about using a hair dryer?
Yep yep a hairdryer is the way to go. First warm your Pax up, and also take a fat rubber band to put over the lip of the mouthpiece to then grip with a pair of needle nose pliers and puuuuuull . . .

Let us know how you get on.

:peace:

I guess my thinking is leaving it in a hot car for several hours will help encourage the heat to thoroughly penetrate the vape. A blowdryer may help - but one's hand's may get hot faster than the vape's internals

Resin alone won't flow into the switch unless the vaporizer was so packed with resin I doubt it would even function.
You sure about that? Depends on your climate and how you store the vape. I've had my Pax1 gunk up on me becase I left the vape sitting horizontally in my glove box for one day. It was a bitch to unstick (yes, I immediately cleaned the vape - I had been slacking in cleaning the vape).

That's why these days I take no chances - my vape stays upright at all times when not in use (even when in use, I still prefer to keep the vape upright). :nope:

Delta3DStudios,

Phlegmy Kilmister

You sure about that? Depends on your climate and how you store the vape. I've had my Pax1 gunk up on me because I left the vape sitting horizontally in my glove box for one day. It was a bitch to unstick (yes, I immediately cleaned the vape - I had been slacking in cleaning the vape).

That's why these days I take no chances - my vape stays upright at all times when not in use (even when in use, I still prefer to keep the vape upright). :nope:

Yes, quite sure. Allow me to explain. First, I am strictly speaking gunked up switches, the PAX1 has 3 'switches'. Actually as far as I am concerned though, 1 switch, 1 sensor, and 1 contact point, although they all function as switches. The main 'switch' that turns the device on is a magnetic sensor (most likely a Hall effect, though it could be a micro reed).
As I said above, you can turn on and off the PAX1 by placing a magnet about 25mm down from the MP on the 'petals' side of the PAX. There is a small magnet in the bottom side of the MP which performs this function normally. Push it in and the magnet is close enough to the sensor to cause an effect, pop it out and the weak magnet is too far distant and the 'switch' closes and powers the device. Try it if you have a PAX1, remove the MP and slide the magnet side down the 'petal' side of the PAX, you will hit a spot and the petals will darken and the PAX is off, replace the MP and secure it down in the off position, place a different magnet (I WOULD NOT recommend a strong neodymium) in the same area and although the MP is down and the device off it will 'start', i.e. the petals will alight and the oven heat.

The second 'switch' is the lighted button to change the temperature, this is a proper switch and the one you don't want alcohol/resin to enter as it can insulate the contacts and render the switch inoperative. But to have strictly resin flow in it would mean your PAX is VERY gunky, so fouled the MP probably would be stuck long before this would happen.

The third 'switch' is a contact point between the tube inside the PAX, the vapor tube as it were, that runs from oven to the MP recess and the 'catch' for the MP. This switch turns on the oven, so with the MP removed the device will be 'on' but the oven will not heat. This is important so you can clean the PAX without a hot oven. With no MP in place the device will be on because the magnet isn't anywhere near the sensor/switch, but with the MP out no contact is made between the inner tube and the catch.
You can test this by sliding a pin down the space so it touches the tube and the catch. The oven will now heat without the MP in place.
I suppose resin could build up on the outside of the inner tube/inside of the MP tube to prevent electrical contact, but again, the MP is probably going to be stuck by this point anyway.

I am not saying keeping a hot PAX1 upright is a folly, what I am saying is the only switch that will be effected to warrant a repair is the temperature switch should it become fouled with resin/alcohol.

:huh::huh::ugh::huh::huh: Long time pax 1 owner and I know for a fact thI s issue has been adressed in this 489 page thread but for sake of time could someone reiterate how to get the screen to secure properly when pushing back into place. I have cleaned my unit atleast 100 times but this is the first time this has happened to me. I tried bending it slightly but to no avail, and what is most interesting is that if I install it upside down it fits properly. Please help :huh:

MoneyVapeTheWorldGoRound,
I have read really good things about Pax customer service. However, that has not been my experience. I am on day 14 without a solution. I bought my authentic Pax from a local store because the site only had black available. The store, ended up with only a black Pax 1 anyways but they gave me a discount and some extra cleaning supplies. I was told before coming in they had a green Pax. Anyways, I have alot of experience with vapor. I can ghost hit and get ripped. I can blow huge clouds. I can do both off all 3 of my vapes. I really like the Pax 1 and I'm sure after I have it for a year, I will be ready for a new Pax model! Now my issue with customer service: Problem- New Pax 1, Registered, Authentic, under two months old, cleaned frequently, used infrequently. Customer Sevice 14 day wait on return email. Generic Email about charging, hitting and colors of lights. My issue, I told them was, I charge Pax fully till light is green then leave it on for another 30 as they suggested. I get only two loads before I can shake my Pax and light flashes red. If I turn on and off during either session, it shuts down during second load. I hear you get 4-5 loads. I hear up to 15 hours this charge could last. Mine does not come close. All they offered me was a free return of my Pax 1 and $80 off new Pax 2! If you do the math, that means I would spend $400 on a Pax 2! What kind of warranty is that? If I owned my Pax 1 for a year or so it might be a fine offer. I have only owned a Pax 1 for 2 months and it's been broken since I bought it. The store I bought it at said it's covered under the 10 year warranty. They wont help because I used it. Pax seems to be pushing customers towards new units and forgetting the Pax 1 owners. Even the ones who just bought a Pax 1. What a shame. I was under the impression Pax emailed you paid for shipping labels with instructions on mailing unit back. They receive it and send a new unit out quickly. I heard the turn around time was fast. Like I said, I'm at day 14 and no solution in sight. I have stopped using it because I'm tired of charging it. Really when I use it, it just gives me a sick feeling because of the way it works, the money I spent and the generic customer service. 10 year warranty, yeah right! It's only been two months. Any suggestions? I feel I'm being put thru the ringer! If Pax reads this, why are you making this difficult?

thedayfelloncedar,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Welcome to the Forum! Omf that was hard to read, maybe next time could you try and use paragraph returns between your sentences to space out your thoughts/questions a bit

I hear up to 15 hours this charge could last
Woa. I'd like to see where it says 15 hours! That's pretty damn impressive for any portable vape. Anyone know of a vape that can last 15 freaking hours on a single charge???? As far as I know, they advertise up to two hours of use. 4-5 loads on a single charge sounds perfectly normal for a Pax 1 vaporizer

Sorry customer service isn't up to your satisfaction, but battery performance is no guarantee. When was the last time your cellphone lasted as long as they said it will? My new Samsung Galaxy S6 claims I can get 17 hours of battery life, but ya know what, after three months I only get 10 hours before I need to charge it up. Should I claim the phone is defective and demand an upgrade to the new Galaxy S6 Edge simply because it didn't meet their promise?

If you're looking for a vaporizer designed to last for 15 hours without plugging into a charging outlet, I suggest you either buy a butane powered vaporizer, or a vape with replaceable batteries like the Arizer Air

:2c:

Delta3DStudios,
Please do not insinuate that another member is an ass even if it's true, which it is not here. Warning point issued.
Hey,
Thanks for the welcome to the forum. Next time I'll put it into paragraphs for you!

Anyways, your bit off. What I'm saying is, I read this complete thread. I read many with same issue. I read many on reddit with same issue. All had great customer service solving problem quickly.

I stated it was rude to ask me to pay $400 for a Pax 2 when I only had a Pax 1 for such a short time. It is, as you know a faulty unit because it barely makes it thru two loads on a full charge and it's a new authentic Pax.

Comparing cellphones and vaporizers is pretty lame dude. You come off as an ass. I'm sorry I didn't break my train of thought up for you. Please remember: I give a fuck about technology. Don't compare nature with such rubbish.

thedayfelloncedar,

smolderson_bud

Cleaning Problems

I know I probably waited too long to clean it the first time (letting it build up) and I may never get anywhere with this, but...

1. My 'screen' has a layer of brown resin that won't come off unless I scape and scratch at it for hours with a dental pick or such. Soaking it in 90% ISO does nothing.

2. Oven has same problem as .screen'.

3. When I use Pax in the TV room while my partner is in there, they complain about a skunk odor (i.e. they actually like the aroma of MJ being burned. So, it's not that). Unfortunately, the oven end of the Pax is the skunk, and no matter how much I clean it (according to the official video from them), it still does the same thing.

Any way of dealing with any of this?

smolderson_bud,

zor

I've often had to put a lot of elbow grease to get the brown scorch off the screen and walls, but in the ~2 years I've used it I never really bothered to get it spic n span and the device functioned fine through the day I gave it away (lost touch with the friend I gave it to, oh well). If you really want to scrub it clean I'd recommend some steel wool and/or a steel brush, but it is tricky to use on the small screen and the internal oven.

the odors of MJ burning and vaping are quite different, unfortunately I think the Pax just has an odor to it that is unavoidable. If you try to isolate the oven with a cap or soomething it will impede airflow and you won't be able to pull from it.

zor,

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Cleaning Problems

I know I probably waited too long to clean it the first time (letting it build up) and I may never get anywhere with this, but...

1. My 'screen' has a layer of brown resin that won't come off unless I scape and scratch at it for hours with a dental pick or such. Soaking it in 90% ISO does nothing.

2. Oven has same problem as .screen'.

3. When I use Pax in the TV room while my partner is in there, they complain about a skunk odor (i.e. they actually like the aroma of MJ being burned. So, it's not that). Unfortunately, the oven end of the Pax is the skunk, and no matter how much I clean it (according to the official video from them), it still does the same thing.

Any way of dealing with any of this?
I use a brass gun cleaning tool. Maybe 4 in long it scrubs the oven sparkling new. I imagine any brass would do the same.:tup:

Custom Flower Hardware,

Wizsteve

for cleaning oddly a magic eraser works wonders, i would however just buy a few extra screens.

i let mine get tranished too found ecig juice, Q-tips and a few paper towels was able to restore it to new

Last edited:
Wizsteve,

canamjay

I believe it's authentic. I got from vaporal.com and they say it's authentic and has the 10 yr warranty. They say they honor the warranty for the 1st year and after that I send it to Ploom. Is that normal?

Coincidentally, After reading this, I got much better battery life on my last charge! hahaha
Maybe the battery needed conditioning as @eruptor said. I got thru 2 full ovens, almost... when it died on the 2nd one I was too happy about the improved performance and way too baked to really care! lol
Seriously though, the battery performance was noticeably better. Maybe close to what you get? I take more puffs per session than most people describe on here I think. And my tolerance (and desire to STAY high) are way up there too

I grind fine and pack full and tight. Stirring after every 3 draws, I start on low for about 9 long draws, go to medium for 6 draws then finish on high. Before today, it would die after about 2 draws on high.
Today however, I took about 6 good draws on high and then packed the oven fresh. I was able to make to 2 draws on medium on the 2nd oven-full before the battery died.

Bought my Pax Jan 2015 from Vaporal.... website now defunct and superceded by Vaporizzy (!) ... Vapor Al still on Facebook... my invoice number was 6396 states Vaporal will handle warranty needs in first year....ten years warranty promised on invoice... I'm having charging/using problems...green light comes on when charged... when packed and turned on...does not heat to use temp...light stays pinkish/purplish, then 3 quick red flashes and goes to off... unit begins heating up , but never seems to get to operating temp... anyone know of this Al guy's true whereabouts? will he actually (ever) respond and stand behind his claims or have I just thrown away the better part of $200 bucks to a cheater??

Mod note: posts merged.

Last edited:
canamjay,

Kaptan

Bought my Pax Jan 2015 from Vaporal.... website now defunct and superceded by Vaporizzy (!) ... Vapor Al still on Facebook... my invoice number was 6396 states Vaporal will handle warranty needs in first year....ten years warranty promised on invoice... I'm having charging/using problems...green light comes on when charged... when packed and turned on...does not heat to use temp...light stays pinkish/purplish, then 3 quick red flashes and goes to off... unit begins heating up , but never seems to get to operating temp... anyone know of this Al guy's true whereabouts? will he actually (ever) respond and stand behind his claims or have I just thrown away the better part of $200 bucks to a cheater??

Mod note: posts merged.
Try contacting Ploom directly.

Kaptan,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
So, Pax faithful clan. The Pax is my only portable flower vape. I still smoke so I only use it for stealth reasons like indoor concerts. Mine is several years old and still going strong , but only gets used on occasions. I medicate with about 50% flower and 50% concentrates so a dual purpose like the Haze may be better for me long term. Is there a big enough upgrade from the Pax 1 to upgrade to the Pax 2, haze, or any other portable or are they just marginally better and I should stick with my little purple Pax 1?

mrbonsai420,

Nok21

So, Pax faithful clan. The Pax is my only portable flower vape. I still smoke so I only use it for stealth reasons like indoor concerts. Mine is several years old and still going strong , but only gets used on occasions. I medicate with about 50% flower and 50% concentrates so a dual purpose like the Haze may be better for me long term. Is there a big enough upgrade from the Pax 1 to upgrade to the Pax 2, haze, or any other portable or are they just marginally better and I should stick with my little purple Pax 1?

Biggest difference I've seen as a fellow PAX origonal user:
-Bigger overn
-Smaller Vaporizer
-NO FUCKING MOUTHPIECE TO CLEAN
-Did I meantion the mouthpiece!?
-Aftermarket addons, such as water pipe mouth pieces and a clamping oven part.

Im sticking with my normal PAX 1 until I have to either: Send it in for a new one, Send it in for a 2 because they no longer have the model 1s's, or until something I like more comes out.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
My Charger unit bit the dust. Does anyone know of a complete Pax 1 charger cheaper than $20? If I can find a used Pax 1 complete unit for $30 or under I will just buy it for the Charger I guess. One went up for $30 like new yesterday but it sold fast.

mrbonsai420,

Kalessin

Does anyone else find that their Pax's battery is extremely sensitive to cold? I left mine out in my car when it was maybe, 50 degrees out the other day, chilly but not TOO bad, and the cold completely sapped the battery after like an hour.

Kalessin,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom