Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

mixchu69

Hey all, I finally got my profile of the Pax nailed down. I've got a sweet low-poly mini stand to keep the Pax upright when not in use (I'll be publishing it very soon to my store).

And yes, before you ask for it, I AM working on a silicone waterpipe adapter for the Pax1. Already tried to use my 3D scanner, but the latest software update has rendered the scanner unusable for scanning tiny objects like the Pax1 mouthpiece. (Guess it's time to invest in a Laser 3D Scanner..... lol). Since I can't scan it, I'm using a different method to design the adapter. ETA about 1-2 weeks.

Are there any other requests for accessories? I might as well bust them out all at once....
Are there any solutions to the hot mouthpiece? Don't want to purchase pax2 at this time (need to save up).

mixchu69,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Are there any solutions to the hot mouthpiece? Don't want to purchase pax2 at this time (need to save up).

Well, you might be able to use my silicone waterpipe adapter as a mouthpiece, but sadly otherwise I don't have any solution that would work and be food-safe

Delta3DStudios,

DyerMaker

Flowers&Shatter

It would be cool if they made borosilicate mouthpieces. I think this would reduce the heat that some people report and look cool as shit.

DyerMaker,

mixchu69

Well, you might be able to use my silicone waterpipe adapter as a mouthpiece, but sadly otherwise I don't have any solution that would work and be food-safe
Thanks for the feedback. I can't find any solutions either, and pax 1 has been around awhile. I assume if there was something, it would already be created and posted.

Tanz

Looking to get one this week,. Is there a way to tell the production date on the unit by the serial number or something?

Tanz,

Bandoo

Draw slower...and open your lips a little so the hot air is not hitting your lips so directly.
The Pax2 is just as warm on the lips as my P1. You just cant suck in the thing so hard with your lips so tightly around the mouthpiece.
You can also open the hole in the mouthpiece a little and just run it on low and medium. I never went above that anyway.
I love the Pax 1 or 2.
Ymmv.

Tanz

If anyone knows can you please let me know...how old or what year is a BJ serial number from? I just picked one up.

And one thing already concerning is that the battery is getting pretty warm while charging. Is that normal?

Tanz,

Bandoo

If anyone knows can you please let me know...how old or what year is a BJ serial number from? I just picked one up.

And one thing already concerning is that the battery is getting pretty warm while charging. Is that normal?
Thats normal.

Bandoo,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Hey all!

I just wanted to share that my new Pax1 Mini Stand is done!

I made this mini dock to hold the Pax and it's charging port while not in use so as to prevent resin buildup. The dock can also be used to hold the vaporizer upright while charging (which is my preferred method of charging).

Yes this is a small dock, but I can make a larger one if you want something more exotic (PM for more information).

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I see it in 'stand' mode, but I don't get it.
Can you show it in 'charging' mode?
The idea is you put the charging dock on top of the mouthpiece. This way the vaporizer is always "upright" - helps to ensure your vape never builds up reclaim around the temp switch sensor

But I will certainly get a picture for you with the charger on top

Delta3DStudios,
Reactions: VegNVape

Nok21

Just wanted to add that I've found the cheapest possible way to make a water pipe adapter for your pax- a Hookah Grommet! These cone-shaped pieces of rubber slide right over your mouthpiece (Haven't noticed any foul taste with the grommet in the air path at all, either) after you let them "Squish" between two large books, so the grommet takes a shape more similar to the mouthpiece- Once attached, you can hold the mouthpiece up to your downstem, firmly press down, and enjoy a PAX with a waterpipe. Easy, cheap, and effective- though if you do this, you will have to clean your pax more often. I have not noticed any major residue build up near the mouthpiece with this method either, and i've been doing it for months.

And a quick question- has anyone found a somewhat reliable way to collect reclaim oil from inside their PAX yet!?

Gavchar

Hi! New here, I got myself in a problem I lost or forget my pax charger kit and I'm travelling, do anybody have an idea of how can I charge te pax if I can get my hands on a 9V AC adapter?

Gavchar,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Hi! New here, I got myself in a problem I lost or forget my pax charger kit and I'm travelling, do anybody have an idea of how can I charge te pax if I can get my hands on a 9V AC adapter?

The Pax charges using tiny metal contacts on the inside of the mouthpiece compartment (one pair of contacts on each side if I recall). It would be extremely difficult to charge the Pax without it's official charger.

I think the *easiest* way would be to disassemble the Pax and remove the battery to charge with an external charger.

My suggestion - go check out craigslist - you might be able to find someone locally who has a Pax1 for sale cheap (I always see the Pax1 pop up on my local craigslist, which surprised the hell out of me given my location in a non-legal state)

Delta3DStudios,

deffjaniels

Just wanted to check in on this thread. After contacting Pax with my battery issue (battery dies immediately after charging despite less than 6 months of infrequent use), they offered to let me send it back for them to fix it. I haven't gotten around to it yet (just got a Arizer Solo so I'm not too pressed for time), but their customer service was encouraging : )

deffjaniels,

Tanz

So I'm getting used to the Pax and gotta say it does work that is for sure, but with no visible vapor for the most part for me, except for some very light tiny puffs here and there.

I never expected any visible vapor way back years ago when I first got a MFLB and using it very rarely and lightly back then I really didn't get too much visible vapor. I figured it was supposed to be invisible because it's just vapor but then I got a Solo, things changed...and along came The Mighty and, well, everything changed! lol. Spoiled for clouds now and it's become a way to gauge the session.

Tried a few tips and tricks but still no visible vapor, and that can be tricky...hmmm, maybe one more hit...did I get any this time...one more, and then, well, lol.

I was thinking at first that maybe the battery was too weak and it's not getting hot enough. But it sure does get the job done and the taste is strong and the mouthpiece does get warm so it seems like it is heating fine but something still doesn't seem right.

Tanz,

subway13029

With the pax you gotta make sure that you grind it super fine and pack it full..also tamp down the load really well..I always had to follow these steps and put a folded screen on top to keep the load tamped down..and to insure even heating of the load..and no take long slow sips of the pax. It definately has a learning curve and you gotta get the technique down..it will come..it used to get clouds with my pax but you gotta follow the steps.

subway13029,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
So I'm getting used to the Pax and gotta say it does work that is for sure, but with no visible vapor for the most part for me, except for some very light tiny puffs here and there.

I never expected any visible vapor way back years ago when I first got a MFLB and using it very rarely and lightly back then I really didn't get too much visible vapor. I figured it was supposed to be invisible because it's just vapor but then I got a Solo, things changed...and along came The Mighty and, well, everything changed! lol. Spoiled for clouds now and it's become a way to gauge the session.

Tried a few tips and tricks but still no visible vapor, and that can be tricky...hmmm, maybe one more hit...did I get any this time...one more, and then, well, lol.

I was thinking at first that maybe the battery was too weak and it's not getting hot enough. But it sure does get the job done and the taste is strong and the mouthpiece does get warm so it seems like it is heating fine but something still doesn't seem right.

What temperature are you running? Green or Red? High temps produce a much more visible vapor

The pax requires a dense pack because it's a conduction vaporizer - heat is transferred mostly through physical contact of the herbs and the oven walls - a loose pack doesn't allow proper heat transfer in this kind of vape

Delta3DStudios,

Tanz

With the pax you gotta make sure that you grind it super fine and pack it full..also tamp down the load really well..I always had to follow these steps and put a folded screen on top to keep the load tamped down..and to insure even heating of the load..and no take long slow sips of the pax. It definately has a learning curve and you gotta get the technique down..it will come..it used to get clouds with my pax but you gotta follow the steps.

It's packed tight and full. I use the Volvcano grinder that came with the Mighty and it seems like a fine grind and works great with all my other vapes.

I do take long slow draws too. I managed to get a small cloud, I guess you can call it, that dissapated quickly so nothing like my other vapes.

What temperature are you running? Green or Red? High temps produce a much more visible vapor

The pax requires a dense pack because it's a conduction vaporizer - heat is transferred mostly through physical contact of the herbs and the oven walls - a loose pack doesn't allow proper heat transfer in this kind of vape

I'm using it on medium/orange...havent tried higher yet but will give it a go.

Ya, I figured the oven won"t be able to effeciently heat what its not touching so I do pack it really snug in hopes of it distributing the heat throughout. The first time I used it though I did not pack it so tight and even when loose I found it worked just as good, effects wise..

Tanz,

Tanz

Are you using the screen on top??give that a shot..it changed the game for me..

Can you explain what you mean by using the screen on top?

Do you mean putting a screen on top of the material? The oven gets packed totally fully, leaving a layer of material stuck to the oven lid when I dump it. Would it still even need one when packing full...?

Tanz,

subway13029

Yes in my experience it helps distribute the heat making it vaporize more evenly..just take a regular round ss screen and fold it to fit the shape of the oven and place on top of material and then it's good when the oven lod touches the screen..the lid is not a good conductor of heat..I think this will greatly help you..

subway13029,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Can you explain what you mean by using the screen on top?

Do you mean putting a screen on top of the material? The oven gets packed totally fully, leaving a layer of material stuck to the oven lid when I dump it. Would it still even need one when packing full...?
We use the screen to act as a spacer - it reduces the size of the load necessary, and it seems to slightly increase performance (at least in my experience) - although I'm so lazy I usually pack my Pax full and have at it

Delta3DStudios,

Tanz

So the third time packing the oven (have not used it much at all but certainly gaining its place in the rotation now) I didnt pack it as tight but not loose either and, clouds. Strange..I read somewhere else where it took three times/oven loads for their Pax to produce vapor also without really changung anything technique wise.

Tanz,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom