Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adobewan

Sorry if it's been asked and/or answered, but has an FC discount been mentioned?

Adobewan,
My guess for party mode is it turns off the auto shut off feature so it can be used continuously. If so its a pretty nice feature because I get tired of restarting my solo every twelve minutes. Even when it is plugged into my power adapter it shuts off and can be frustrating.

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
^^^ just out of curiosity, how long do you need a vape to operate for any given session?

Hippie Dickie,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
My sessions last 10 to 15 minutes depending on how rushed I am. I might be away from power for maybe 4-6 sessions at any one time. So a battery that lasts a little over an hour of I intermittent use would last me for one day of use away from power. I hope this units battery life lives up to expectations.

When I am home I stick to devices like my Underdog and Vriptech Heat Wand. I usually medicate every 2-3 hours. I usually use about .25 grams of plant material per session. So in a given day I use about 1-2 grams.

When I am away from my house though I tend to medicate a little less. I work from home though and am often around the house.

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: Bluntcrush
My sessions last all day. :lol:

But in all honesty i can vape nonstop for about 30 minutes until i am satisfied.

I used to vape BHO often so i got a pretty high tolerance.

VaporBoxed,

Dlane

pullWool
I'm new here. Owned a volcano for a long time but sold it a few years ago only to regret it... Anyhow I ordered a Pax. Definitely signup for the newsletter for a 5% off coupon code. Though vapworld is offering a grinder and free overnight shipping. Possibly worth more than the discount.
I'm psyched to give it a whirl. Not expecting volcano capabilities but a nice little package. I'm most disappointed by the charging method. Would've appreciated a USB style connection instead of the "dock". Now it's one more pointless charger and a cheap plastic dock to keep track of. Hopefully they'll offer a car charger ASAP.
Also, a sales rep seems to be answering questions on a tobacco site. But it appears they won't be doing any sort of a like q&a on here due to the herb connection. Company seems skittish to talk to their actual customers...

Hopefully it performs.

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I'm new here. Owned a volcano for a long time but sold it a few years ago only to regret it... Anyhow I ordered a Pax. Definitely signup for the newsletter for a 5% off coupon code. Though vapworld is offering a grinder and free overnight shipping. Possibly worth more than the discount.
I'm psyched to give it a whirl. Not expecting volcano capabilities but a nice little package. I'm most disappointed by the charging method. Would've appreciated a USB style connection instead of the "dock". Now it's one more pointless charger and a cheap plastic dock to keep track of. Hopefully they'll offer a car charger ASAP.
Also, a sales rep seems to be answering questions on a tobacco site. But it appears they won't be doing any sort of a like q&a on here due to the herb connection. Company seems skittish to talk to their actual customers...

Hopefully it performs.

There is also a 10% off coupon code for VapeWorld.com With the free grinder and overnight shipping I paid a little over $219 total. You can find the coupon code somewhere... I forgot where I came across it. It might have been one of the codes in this forum.

Slightly Medicated,

darkrom

Great Scott!
"The charge lasts an estimated two hours of continuous use, and about a week under typical use." So far this is the thing bugging me the most about this vape. Anyone else feel like 2 hours of use is hardly good for a week, 168 hours, of typical use?

First of all that isn't very much for the members on this forum as far as 2 hrs of use per week IMO based on what I read. However since they sell this as a "tobacco" vape I'm sure, 2 hours DEFINITELY isn't enough to call a weeks use.

I'm just confused by this because 2 hours of use is actually really impressive on its own, no need to throw that claim out there to hide the positive truth with ridiculous marketing IMO. To be clear I think the battery life is great, I just wish they weren't making assumptions about people's weekly usage of "tobacco".

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I tend to agree with you. The week long use estimate is just a weird. A two hour battery would last me two days with my average usage max... maybe less. If i was gone for a full 12 hours it would probably only last me one day. I also want to know what settings this statistic is derived from. Is this two hours on the lowest temp or two hours on the highest temp. My solo lasts ALLOT longer on one then it does on seven.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
My guess for party mode is it turns off the auto shut off feature so it can be used continuously. If so its a pretty nice feature because I get tired of restarting my solo every twelve minutes. Even when it is plugged into my power adapter it shuts off and can be frustrating.

Same thing with the No2 - nothing like walking away for a minute and coming back to a luke warm vape :doh:

BTW - I am trying to convince the wife to try the Ploom - I want her to kick cig's and I think the Ploom looks like a great alternative. Check it out...

mvapes,

monacokid

HIGH ABV
i also just pre-ordered and im super excited!! the only thing im skeptical of is if the battery life is as true as its marketed to be, but regardless im sure itll exceed expectations of most compared to what is on the market ie. davinci, mflb, solo, blunt etc. the only true competitors i see for this product is the solo for its longevity in battery life but lacks comfort in size, and the mivape (as i can stand by there products owning a vivape) but it is not released yet and am unsure of bowl size sense such little information is provided aslo with battery life but i presume it is around the same regardless.

monacokid,

natural farmer

I would put the Pax as a direct competitor to Solo, DaVinci... These are mostly convection vapes whereas Pax is mostly conduction. It remains to be seen what the taste is like and if it betters the MFLB and Vaporblunt which I believe are the true competitors if you can spare the bucks of course.
I like Pax's design for sure and the tech stuff but let's see how it does where it matters. Vapor production and taste! :)

weedemon

enthusiast
^ I want all 3 of these vapes (Solo, Davinci and the Pax :p)

I think I will only ever own 1 though. :p I say this now... i have VAS just like many of us on here though. so we will see! haha

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
I'm fairly confident the pax will blow the davinci out of the water, but thats just my :2c: coming from someone who has a davinci and preordered the pax. Only time will tell

kushcabbage,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Well I have a solo and the DaVinci. I really really like my DaVinci. It impressed me immensely. I use it as my main portable. I never use the Solo as a portable. I just can't get over the glass stems. They just look to much like crack pipes. I am to afraid a cop will come over and hassle me because he things I am smoking crack.

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: darkrom

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
so really it's all up to personal preference, I'm completely opposite because my da vinci is to hard to reload on the go for more than a one time portable vape , the tanks don't work for me, and gets quite hot to put right back in the pocket like the tv. I'm very curious to see how hot the pax will get on the outside with the 3 different levels. maybe this will give us our true vapor fix on the go

kushcabbage,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
The DaVinci takes some maintenance to run well. I noticed I have to be more proactive about cleaning. I also don't use the storage compartment built in to the device. I decided to use a pill container to hold my pre-ground material. It makes it pretty easy to load on the go. I have not noticed the heat issue... although it has been very cold here this summer. If anything I had welcomes the extra warmth. I can see how the heat could be an issue for some. Where do you keep the device? I keep mine in my first shirt pocket.

Slightly Medicated,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
I don't use the storage compartment or the brush but I cut a paper clip right at the curve and wrapped it a few times in electrical tape to create a nice seal that fits in the hole where the brush was. I use it to get loose AVB out of the chamber and to pack new fresh things down in. The bowl is pretty deep which is a plus. I usually keep it on my back pocket like a walkie sticking out. A belt clip would be a nice addition..

kushcabbage,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
This whole product is getting me excited. I love the minimalistic "Apple" look to it and I think it could just sit in my pocket ready to go. I really wish someone could get their hands on one and actually USE it. if it hits nicely I am going to buy it. I am even considering selling my Q to fund it!

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
This whole product is getting me excited. I love the minimalistic "Apple" look to it and I think it could just sit in my pocket ready to go. I really wish someone could get their hands on one and actually USE it. if it hits nicely I am going to buy it. I am even considering selling my Q to fund it!

The second I get my hands on one I will upload a video demonstration. I will try and get some information out abut the products performance ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom