• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norlin

Classic Rocker
I know people have mentionted taking their PAX to stadiums, vacations etc. I went to a stadium yesterday initally going to pretend it was an MP3 player with headphones around it and once I saw they were using metal detectors I did not want to risk it going off.
For those that did, did somebody wave a metal detector around you/ did you walk through one? Was it a important high security stadium Im scared for it to go off.

Don't worry about it, I've taken my packed to the brim pax in my pocket through Denver's very extensive airport security (that is, through the xray.) without the headphones, and made it through twice. Security isn't that big of a deal thankfully.

I know xrays and metal detectors are not the same thing, my point is even they couldn't tell the difference between it and any consumer electronics :D

An unrelated note, I also had two ounces of herb on me at the time two, just not on my person. In my luggage, in my pants were two ozs in ziplock, under all my other clothes, between a cookie sheet, and all the power tools I could manage to stuff. When xraying I noticed the baggage dude opted to search my sister's bag rather than mine. I imagine because it was less work...

Dude, I'm beginning to think you are the most awesome guy on the Internet!! Thanks soooo much for dogging this, as well as the Pax Pack pics, pipe cleaner recs, and on and on! Always look forward to your posts & support of all of us! :D

Thanks mollee! I'm glad to hear that Paxers are benefiting from that info. I figured if a little work on my end could save others a lot of headaches and frustrations, then it is well worth the time.

VapeGirlie

IMG_20130122_122009_zpsb037465f.jpg

I would like to buy one of those silver tamper/stir tools that you made! How cool! I'm serious. I'd like you to make me one. Let me know if you will agree to do it. Thanks! VapeGirlie

BTW, This is my very first post. I just got my Pax on Tuesday, and somehow I ended up on this site. You guys are great, and I love my new Pax so far...

mod note: Edited to fix quoting.

VapeGirlie,
Reactions: welderboy

welderboy

its 4:20 somewhere.....
i can make you a thousand.....lol....ill give you this one just let me know how to get it to you......maybe i should deliver it, the temp here is like 6 degrees

welderboy,

VapeGirlie

i can make you a thousand.....lol....ill give you this one just let me know how to get it to you......maybe i should deliver it, the temp here is like 6 degrees

Okay, I'll order two then!! One for my purse and one for at home! Cool! I'd like to discuss mailing details etc. by email. Since I'm new here, I don't know if I can access your info, but I'll get back to you soon ...

VapeGirlie,

JoeKickass

Okay, I'll order two then!! One for my purse and one for at home! Cool! I'd like to discuss mailing details etc. by email. Since I'm new here, I don't know if I can access your info, but I'll get back to you soon ...

Just click on someone's name, and then "start a conversation" to send a private message, you don't even need email ;)

JoeKickass,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

I would also be interested in one of those tamper tools.

Before this gets out of hand, if welderboy wants to start making these for sale then he'll have to stop posting until he registers with vtac. If he wants to give them away then he'll need a different thread. Meanwhile, if you want to pester him for one, we have PMs for that as JoeKickass pointed out.

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
new pax is on its way to my doorstep. I told them I felt really bad and they said I was helpful with everything and that I didnt have any reason to be sorry. Made me feel a little better haha. Cant beat their customer support.

Sweendog

What's happening guys. I'm so close to pulling the trigger on this vape but just have a couple questions I wanted to ask actual users. My 2 biggest concerns right now are abv and vapor production. I've heard the abv doesn't really change with the different settings and that it can be sort of dark. How is the abv coming out for you guys? With my Mflb it seems to be very charred and dark. Next would be the hit size. I'm not expecting huge hits but how are they compared to something like the Mflb ? Sorry if this has been answered I tried googling and didn't get much help

Sweendog,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
My Abv comes out about tobacco brown and I use it to make some great qwiso! And I blow clouds from my pax especially compared to a mflb.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,
Reactions: Sweendog

jambandphan03

in flavor country
when I run mine on Low only, I get golden brown ABV, if I go to Med it turns a dark brown (tobacco) and looses flavor faster, on High it turns a very dark brown (coffee grounds) and tastes pretty toasted. I have one of the older Pax, so I don't know if the newest ones behave the same.

icenine

I've had the Pax a few months now and haven't had any major issues. I still get the temp light issue if I don't clean it regularly.

Two quick questions:

1. When I clean the Pax and replace the screen I feel like it's sometimes hard to get it to "click" into place. The screen also wavers back and forth like a teeter totter. I'm always trying to get it to where the screen is higher on the side with the intake tube and lower on the other, but it doesn't always feel like it's in the right place and I've even had the screen pop out a few times while trying for the perfect fit. Solutions?

2. Does the lube really seem to help with the temp light issue? If so, should I just contact Ploom? Is there a grocery store alternative like vegetable oil that I can use as a substitute?

Thanks in advance for the help. And thanks for running a great forum.

icenine,

druminfected

Hello FC folks! I busted out my PAX again, and charged it up and finished the whole load. Today I turn it on and it flashes a couple times and then no more, cause the battery is drained. I told Ploom customer support about this and they told me to send it in, so I did so, and they told me that they tested out my unit and it charges fine and they don't see any issues with it so they sent me it back. I asked if I could get another charger because I thought that might be the issue then, but the same thing happens, and I only get 1 or 1 & 1/2 loads goin before it dies.

I have no idea what to do not and just disappointed with my PAX experience. Any ideas on what the issue is or how I can get this resolved? thanks FC, everyone is so knowledgeable here.

druminfected,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom