Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
Thanks, yea I have had the shittiest luck haha. I didnt mind the free parts as a way of them saying sorry, I tend to loose things. It went on the charger at 910, we will see if it takes an hour or not soon enough. If it takes more than 2, its goin back.:( There is no reason it should take 2 at this point, I over charge it every day for over a half hour extra. Fudpucker, that sucks, I liked the pax becuase of how easy a time I have gettin blazed with this thing. I notice a heavier high than I would with glass and lighters. It really gives me that K.O. kind of high that I'm looking for.

does any one know what it means when it blinks orange 3 times an shuts off? I see it do this with red when the battery is dead. It did this to me earlier and confused me. Turned it back on and it was fine. Pax has been on the charger sense 9:10, its 10:51 battery is at yellow. I honestly want to fucking smash this thing.

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

Mr.Krinkle,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
does any one know what it means when it blinks orange 3 times an shuts off? I see it do this with red when the battery is dead. It did this to me earlier and confused me. Turned it back on and it was fine. Pax has been on the charger sense 9:10, its 10:51 battery is at yellow. I honestly want to fucking smash this thing.
I completely understand y u r frustrated, but I also believe that you have just been unlucky. I know that the pax can be a awesome product. Never heard of the orange light blinking 3 times tho.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,
Reactions: Mr.Krinkle

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
yeah I am fucking pissed this is unacceptable I feel like I am a beta tester. They need a redesign. This is the letter I just sent customer support Hi again, I am so sorry I am such a pain. I have had my Pax a few days and it still will not charge properly. It wont go green in under two hours. I hoped after a few days of "training" the battery it might snap out of it. I left it on the charger past green on a few different outlets in the first few days. Right now I am letting it charge in a room where no electricity is even in use. No electricity is in use in that entire part of the house. I put it on the charger at 9:10, its 11:13 and the battery is now just turning green. This is the second Pax to do this to me, I noticed this problem from day one and you guys gave me some advice to trouble shoot. I can tell you that advice was good but did not help. It takes literally the same amount of time every time I charge it, just a hair over 2 hours. I can charge it at a friends house tomorrow if you really want, but I have never had a electrical problem, I can run an xbox, my fan, my tv, lights, and a blow dryer with out blowing a fuse. I'm really at a loss, I dont want to keep having to fiddle with this thing. The temp light comes on every time I start it up too, I usually have to close it once or twice. My first two pax didnt do this once. Doesnt seem worth noting though as I cant see any possible solution to this. its just icing on the cake. I know you guys did a lot of planning and two smart guys designed this, but I really hope you pass this tip on that I have. I think you guys should redesign the mouth piece to have two tubes coming off of it, one for the air as it currently has, and one that is actually solid steal pin for sensing power and controlling temp settings. (this is hard to explain, i imagine the mouth piece once removed would look almost like the prongs on the cord of any electrical device that plugs into walls, like the prongs on the charger for example.) Most of your issues are from the switch getting gunked up being on the air path, if you make a second pin hole off to the side that is separate for power settings, and then attached a second steal tube or pin to the mouth piece, it wont get gunked up. You could even use the same locking mechanism that exists on the Pax already, but just take it off the side which air passes. You could put the temp button at the very bottom of the new pinhole, enabling you to change the temp settings by clicking down the mouth piece past the first click (when you click the mouth piece down you can hear two clicks, the first click indicates it will lock shut, the second indicates it will reopen, the pax requires you to slowly close the mouthpiece to shut it off, if you click it down fast past the first click it reopens, you could click it down fast to cycle the temp settings.) This would result in a sleeker design as you would not have to remove the mouth piece to change the temp settings (a major flaw in my opinion) and it'd save you a ton on coming up with trouble shooting problems. You'd illuminate the need for the lube, it makes the mouth piece taste really bad, and the lube costs you guys money. Its a win.win. I'm sorry this is such a long read, I really put a lot of thought into it, please pass it on, I can make a diagram if my description is unclear. Final question, is Ploom planning on releasing an update other than funky tasting lube any time soon? If this current Pax cant be debugged and needs to be returned, This will be my third return sense the end of December (I bought the Pax as a present to myself on the 24th.) Thanks a lot for all the time and support.

Mr.Krinkle,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
yeah I am fucking pissed this is unacceptable I feel like I am a beta tester. They need a redesign. This is the letter I just sent customer support Hi again, I am so sorry I am such a pain. I have had my Pax a few days and it still will not charge properly. It wont go green in under two hours. I hoped after a few days of "training" the battery it might snap out of it. I left it on the charger past green on a few different outlets in the first few days. Right now I am letting it charge in a room where no electricity is even in use. No electricity is in use in that entire part of the house. I put it on the charger at 9:10, its 11:13 and the battery is now just turning green. This is the second Pax to do this to me, I noticed this problem from day one and you guys gave me some advice to trouble shoot. I can tell you that advice was good but did not help. It takes literally the same amount of time every time I charge it, just a hair over 2 hours. I can charge it at a friends house tomorrow if you really want, but I have never had a electrical problem, I can run an xbox, my fan, my tv, lights, and a blow dryer with out blowing a fuse. I'm really at a loss, I dont want to keep having to fiddle with this thing. The temp light comes on every time I start it up too, I usually have to close it once or twice. My first two pax didnt do this once. Doesnt seem worth noting though as I cant see any possible solution to this. its just icing on the cake. I know you guys did a lot of planning and two smart guys designed this, but I really hope you pass this tip on that I have. I think you guys should redesign the mouth piece to have two tubes coming off of it, one for the air as it currently has, and one that is actually solid steal pin for sensing power and controlling temp settings. (this is hard to explain, i imagine the mouth piece once removed would look almost like the prongs on the cord of any electrical device that plugs into walls, like the prongs on the charger for example.) Most of your issues are from the switch getting gunked up being on the air path, if you make a second pin hole off to the side that is separate for power settings, and then attached a second steal tube or pin to the mouth piece, it wont get gunked up. You could even use the same locking mechanism that exists on the Pax already, but just take it off the side which air passes. You could put the temp button at the very bottom of the new pinhole, enabling you to change the temp settings by clicking down the mouth piece past the first click (when you click the mouth piece down you can hear two clicks, the first click indicates it will lock shut, the second indicates it will reopen, the pax requires you to slowly close the mouthpiece to shut it off, if you click it down fast past the first click it reopens, you could click it down fast to cycle the temp settings.) This would result in a sleeker design as you would not have to remove the mouth piece to change the temp settings (a major flaw in my opinion) and it'd save you a ton on coming up with trouble shooting problems. You'd illuminate the need for the lube, it makes the mouth piece taste really bad, and the lube costs you guys money. Its a win.win. I'm sorry this is such a long read, I really put a lot of thought into it, please pass it on, I can make a diagram if my description is unclear. Final question, is Ploom planning on releasing an update other than funky tasting lube any time soon? If this current Pax cant be debugged and needs to be returned, This will be my third return sense the end of December (I bought the Pax as a present to myself on the 24th.) Thanks a lot for all the time and support.
Dude that's all in white on my phone. Can't see a damn thing.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

NYC5IKH5jabi

Mr. Krinkle, man I hate that for you! I just cannot fathom why this continues to happen to you. I've had my Pax for a couple months now with almost zero issues, and I was a little concerned putting down the money for the same reasons. I've had the temp-light issue a couple times but no problem since learning how to deal with it and no problems at all since starting with the lube.

Fudpucker, not sure what to say. I have a Buddha also and the MFLB was my first vape, and the Pax gets me every bit as high as my Buddha and way higher than my MFLB ever did, and I am by no means a light weight. My friend, whose tolerance might be higher than mine, has a Cloud that he swears by, and my Pax can get him flying. Strange.
Yea bro I've been smoking for 5 years everyday I was burning about 9 or 10 blunts a day with my friends and few alone. If I had bought anything other than a pax I wouldn't have known what I was missing out on. Within a week after getting it i smoked a blunt after 5 days and it felt so nasty. I quit smokin cigarettes 20 months ago and now after quiting combustin for only a week I started smelling the toxic fumes in the blunt I now regularly smell in cigs and now both just make me feel awful! Its as if after smelling and tasting pure cannabinoids my body is really turned off to combustion. Idk if this is saving me from cancer but I have noticed a much lighter and more savory taste and smell and an increased high from lower dosages (only used to roll fat dubs in blunts) now with my pax. I just love it! If only I could charge a few extra batteries and swap me on da go lol. The next model should have easy battery swapping built in.

Speaking of next model wouldn't an easy way to get around the temp light issue while maintaining the steathly buttonless exterior of the pax be to have the motion sensor act as the heat switch? Even when the temp light is on it doesn't mean ur pax is too dirty to be used, it'd still work if the sensor would just recognize that the mouthpiece is in. Use the motion sensor to turn the heating on the same way the motion dictates the party mode setting. If u turn three times towards u the party mode works. If u turn three times away from u the heating command is given to the pax? And keep the mouthpiece function only as off when pushed in and temp setting when taken out. Plus it would be extra security against turning on during storage. As of now if the mouthpiece comes out ur pax is getting hot. If the heating command were also needed along with the mouthpiece being out then the likely hood of accidents would decrease no?

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I can charge it at a friends house tomorrow if you really want, but I have never had a electrical problem, I can run an xbox, my fan, my tv, lights, and a blow dryer with out blowing a fuse.

It's time to do this if you haven't already. If you have, what happened? Since this is your third unit, everything you've described points to a problem with your power, not the Pax.

welderboy

its 4:20 somewhere.....
Has anybody used the cobra radar detecter car charger? I picked one up awhile ago and never used it yet. I was wondering if the charging times are the same as the wall charger.

welderboy,

Wicksy

So it's been 12 days since I received my pax and I am in love, its the prefect vape for me. Very portable I never have a problem walking down the street vaping. I usually always vape low-medium directly from the pax and high when attached to my bong. Provides very good vapor on all settings. Found having your herb finely ground, dried well, and packed tight provides very nice vapor and gets evenly cooked. I'v blown through an ounce+ already so i'v cleaned about twice, am going to again tonight as i'm starting to get a temp light issue. I wish I would have requested lube with my initial order as i'm in Canada and shipping is 9 days ... Anyways the Pax is great I would recommend it to anyone, my new baby! :tup: Very satisfied.

Wicksy,
Reactions: mollee

justnuts

Just got my new PAX ... this thing looks awesome! Just don't have anything to test it with!! Not as easy as the rest of the world I guess!!

I thought I would need a voltage converter, but pleasantly surprised to see its ok to use directly in UK power source with plug adaptor.

Just one problem, no lube packs!! Soooo what can I use as a replacement when it comes down to cleaning. Being in the UK, Ploom will definitely refuse to send out some lube. Plus I am leaving for Amsterdam in a week!!

So anyone with an update on what the lube replacement is?

justnuts,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Just got my new PAX ... this thing looks awesome! Just don't have anything to test it with!! Not as easy as the rest of the world I guess!!

I thought I would need a voltage converter, but pleasantly surprised to see its ok to use directly in UK power source with plug adaptor.

Just one problem, no lube packs!! Soooo what can I use as a replacement when it comes down to cleaning. Being in the UK, Ploom will definitely refuse to send out some lube. Plus I am leaving for Amsterdam in a week!!

You don't "need" the lube. I don't have any and my Pax works perfect. If you run into issues, you can carry ISO wipes and that should be fine if you run into the temp light issue.

newVaper420,

gosaints420

It's time to do this if you haven't already. If you have, what happened? Since this is your third unit, everything you've described points to a problem with your power, not the Pax.

I'm an electrician and I'd say there is very little chance it is his power that is the problem. Yes it's his 3rd Pax with problems but how many other things does he have plugged in with no problems?

gosaints420,

welderboy

road testing !!!!
IMG_20130121_100406_zpse9fc7ffc.jpg

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I'm an electrician and I'd say there is very little chance it is his power that is the problem. Yes it's his 3rd Pax with problems but how many other things does he have plugged in with no problems?

I'm assuming that each Pax had its own charger. Ploom has sold thousands and thousands of these things. There are over 7000 posts in this thread and only one other person has reported a similar issue. What are the odds that Mr.Krinkle gets three in a row that take twice as long to charge? Lower than his power being the problem? What else could be the source of the trouble?

If I were Ploom I'd insist that he try charging it somewhere else.

pakalolo,

welderboy

I'm assuming that each Pax had its own charger. Ploom has sold thousands and thousands of these things. There are over 7000 posts in this thread and only one other person has reported a similar issue. What are the odds that Mr.Krinkle gets three in a row that take twice as long to charge? Lower than his power being the problem? What else could be the source of the trouble?

If I were Ploom I'd insist that he try charging it somewhere else.
im no electrician, but i weld at a place where there are 2 separate bldgs. when i weld in 1 bldg i have to turn up my welding machine quite a bit than the other because the electricity is "hotter" (for lack of better words) than in the other bldg. i would definitely try another source, electricity can be one strange animal.....

filteredhead

Thanks for the pics and idea welderboy, your method of securing the Pax to charge stand is brilliant. Also there are a few posts from JDSupreme in this thread with pics of the cobra charger and confirmation that it worked with the Pax.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/pax-vaporizer-by-ploom.6223/page-96#post-270948
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/pax-vaporizer-by-ploom.6223/page-109#post-273917

I've also used it. It works well :-)
Thanks for your confirmation too.

I've been thinking of ordering one of these for over a month however would like to hear folks thoughts on if the built-in Pax charging circuit would continue to operate as intended with input power from 12VDC cobra charger versus the standard 9VDC power supply wall unit that comes with the Pax.

I would like to put my concern to rest: could input of 12V cause the Pax unit to charge the 18650 cell slightly beyond 4.2V? Also, would like to know if Ploom is okay with Pax users running these 12V chargers.

filteredhead,

I have an email into Ploom trying to verify whether the lube we need is Propylene Glycol, such as this:

http://www.amazon.com/Essential-Dep...TF8&colid=30JRD4AEFWX08&coliid=I2OVRQYEU2E71K

I am 95% sure this will work, and is probably what we are using already, but I cannot say for certain until I get confirmation from Ploom. In the meantime, read the cleaning method outlined in the Vaporpedia page linked in my sig and keep watch here. I will post here and update Vaporpedia as soon as I hear something back from Ploom.

TheDudeNextDoor,
Reactions: mollee

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
The amount of power required to power the charger is like nothing. How would it power an xbox, light, fan, and tv, but not a tiny little charger. I've tried 3 different rooms, all 6 outlets in my bedroom, tried unplugging everything last night and no power was in use in any room on the third floor. Also, someone said this is the third model to do this and I am the only one to experience battery issues. This isnt true, its the second model to do this, and I have read multiple battery issues on here, and a bunch of people complaining of slow charges and low battery life... soooo... OH and why did they send me a brand new one the same day, after explicitly telling me they would repair it if possible? Maybe because it was broken? Hmmm.... I will charge it today elsewhere, I almost want to tape the whole process. It did this from the very first charge. So didnt the last one.

Mr.Krinkle,
Concerning pipe cleaners...

I like using the ones with bristles. They are more course, so they clean better, and they are less fluffy, so they are less likely to melt or leave any residue strands behind. You can find any number of brands, but search for "bristle pipe cleaners." Here's the first result from Amazon (there are many):

http://www.amazon.com/Bundles-Pipe-...8794434&sr=8-1&keywords=bristle+pipe+cleaners

darkrom

Great Scott!
Concerning pipe cleaners...

I like using the ones with bristles. They are more course, so they clean better, and they are less fluffy, so they are less likely to melt or leave any residue strands behind. You can find any number of brands, but search for "bristle pipe cleaners." Here's the first result from Amazon (there are many):

http://www.amazon.com/Bundles-Pipe-Cleaners-Hard-Bristle/dp/B000W5R6UA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358794434&sr=8-1&keywords=bristle pipe cleaners

Thanks just ordered those. Hope they fit :p

darkrom,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom