• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Camel bak hoses fit almost perfectly fyi, and camelbak designs shit to be used for military in deserts and shit, so I doubt they use low grade hoseing that will leach out in hot temps

Do you mean hoses that are attached to camel back packs or are you referencing a brand?

Edit: Oops, did not mean to double post. My bad.

TheDudeNextDoor,

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
The camelbak brand hoses, the ones that connect to camelbaks. Meh. I duno. You can get replacement hoses for these. just sayin. Had one laying around, it fit almost perfect. And it may be cool to hook one of these up to a mcdonalds cup haha stealth smoking.

Mr.Krinkle,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
I see what you mean. Checking for oxygen hose through Amazon, it looks like a basic standard size. I found one that referenced 5-7 mm, which would be about 1/4". Great idea! Seems you wouldn't have to worry about any off gassing with a hose like that.

That's exactly what I figured.... If its safe enough for patients in a hospital then it's safe enough for me. It's gets Luke warm at the hottest spot of the hose right at the downstem.

My hose came off of a legit oxy tank and cart like you'd walk around the hospital with.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I've seen that little $40 bubbler around a few times now, and decided to pick one up :D it's nice to have a small piece to grab and go with for travel.

jambandphan03,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Thanks welder. I actually changed my adapter completely since I posted those pics earlier. I couldn't stand the loop so I just made it as short as I could so it wouldn't kink when connected to my pax. I'll post an updated pic tomorrow. I'm down for a pimp my pax contest.

Jam, it's a perfect small piece and I get some monster ass rips with it and the pax!

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
Thanks welder. I actually changed my adapter completely since I posted those pics earlier. I couldn't stand the loop so I just made it as short as I could so it wouldn't kink when connected to my pax. I'll post an updated pic tomorrow. I'm down for a pimp my pax contest.

Jam, it's a perfect small piece and I get some monster ass rips with it and the pax!
OH ID SO WIN! ITS ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN! haha just kidding. Funny what you said about how it changed completely, I came up with no like 9 different designs before I came up with the one I use now, and thats gunna go tommorow.

Mr.Krinkle,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
OH ID SO WIN! ITS ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN! haha just kidding. Funny what you said about how it changed completely, I came up with no like 9 different designs before I came up with the one I use now, and thats gunna go tommorow.

Be careful I'll pull my daughters bedazzler out of the closet and put everyone's pax's to shame! Lol j/k. Although my brother does have a vinyl plotter so I could really just make any kind of skin I could ever want! (now my gears are turning)

spaceshipbob

Had a pax about a week now and haven't burned anything since. Best purchase in years. I have a question about cleaning the screen - has anyone used coke or vinegar to clean? Don't have any iso yet (is on its way though) and my screen is fairly stained already.

Thanks!

spaceshipbob,

spaceshipbob

Thanks Welder. Do you think leaving it to soak in a cup of coke would damage it? I'm pretty sure it'd get the stains off. I'll buy one of your other suggestions when i can get out.

spaceshipbob,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Thanks Welder. Do you think leaving it to soak in a cup of coke would damage it? I'm pretty sure it'd get the stains off. I'll buy one of your other suggestions when i can get out.

I probably wouldn't use coke. That's just me. I would wait until you get the ISO. I don't think it's that big of a deal.

newVaper420,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

The reason for using ISO is that it dissolves the resins quickly, and you can reclaim them for later pleasure although not from this screen, it's too small. It would be interesting to see whether Coke would work. I doubt that it would damage your screen unless you leave it soaking for a long long time. I know Coke sells SS travel mugs.

welderboy

its 4:20 somewhere.....
The edges of the screen are scalloped, that's how the vapor flows around the screen. As long as there's no crud on the edges and you have airflow, your good to go.I push my screen down in the middle and let the ends come up, forming a slight u shape. That leaves airspace behind the screen for the vapor to flow through, and binds the screen up so it won't fall out. I thought my screen on my first pax was too big, so I forced it down flat with a screwdriver, then I wondered why I had so much resistance. Oh well, live and learn....

spaceshipbob

The reason for using ISO is that it dissolves the resins quickly, and you can reclaim them for later pleasure although not from this screen, it's too small. It would be interesting to see whether Coke would work. I doubt that it would damage your screen unless you leave it soaking for a long long time. I know Coke sells SS travel mugs.

Aha, nice, thanks. Think i might just leave it in a small cup of coke for a few hours. Does anyone know what the screens are made of?

spaceshipbob,

ILoveCollege

Yeah.. F* Combustion..
You people with glass are making my pieces look bad.. Jealousy is at an all time high..

Also, I wish green was legal everywhere, as I am in the job hunting market, and it would be nice to toke as it has been over 6 weeks since my last toke..

ILoveCollege,
Reactions: Mr.Krinkle

welderboy

its 4:20 somewhere.....
Good luck ILC, I work a lot of nuke plants, so I know all about drug testing and abstinence. I use synthetic urine most of the time, works like a charm. I actually like the pax better without glass, there's better flavor, and it's just more convenient. The glass is just the mad scientist in me coming out. I'm thinking bout airbrushing my pax in realtree camo, then I can tell ppl that its a turkey call....lmao

jambandphan03

in flavor country
check out Radical Russ, he's got some things to say about drug testing... airs live, daily, 3-5pm PST week days, repeats at 6-9pm PST http://420radio.org/ other potcasts also being done "radio show" style there as well. Good info for those that want to help make change happen..

I am loving the addition of the glass adapter to my pax, but it is a little big and heavy. I am thinking of trying to get a smaller adapter, something similar to this:

vbh20adgg19.jpg

jambandphan03,

xclarryx

what is the best way to hook the pax up to some glass? i got some of the regular clear tubing from lowes, 1/4 inch, but I'm looking for something a little better.

xclarryx,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom