Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipax

I contacted Ploom via their weird chat feature (more like hybrid email not chat btw) and they just told me to clean it with ISO, no mention of any lube. The guy said to clean it around the spring area which I really havent seen or noticed. Ill try those suggestions, thanks guys.
Try using internet explorer or firefox. Its a longstanding chrome issue that chat doesn't work. Its not a hybrid its a chat.

When I first got my pax I also let my mouthpiece soak. But I don't really think the soaking does any good. I left a resin covered screen in the iso for 24 hours and it didn't help the resin come off at all. Friction + ISO. Just to save you some time

ipax,
Reactions: rgs3

filteredhead

Sorry for the repost then, I did read the first 75 pages before posting thought!:D And Redhead, thats the exact reason I bought this, going to shows that arnt outdoors, (Further! Sick! Love me some dead! Drove 25 hours all the way to Michigan to see them at Rothbury 2009, I do Gathering of the Vibes every year!)
Wow that was a long drive and yet surely was a fantastic trip. Agreed the Pax worked great indoors at the show, everyone who pulled on it returned it with a smile. My only tip was "use a super long slow milkshake draw" and they would be off to big clouds and happy trails with their first pull.

@filtered... nice man
im surprised the lube doesnt work for you 100% tho, i know what u mean about having to fiddle with the pax to get the temp light issue away.. but since i got the lube i rarely get the temp light issue..
Thanks for your understanding, I have tried only a rather light application of lube so far, however based on your feedback and others here am thinking of doing a fresh new deep cleaning to mouthpiece ring/tube, vapor tube/switch latch/spring area and then apply a more liberal amount of lube and see if that makes any difference.

I have been cleaning the MP entirely with ISO and I also let it sit and soak for a bit. I havent cleaned the outside of the vapor tube however, only the inside with the pipe cleaner. Are you saying the part that the MP tube goes around/over? Doesn't seem like I can get anything down in there to clean.

You need to clean the outside of the vapor tube to resolve the temp-light issue. You don't HAVE to have the lube to resolve the issue, but it helps. Go to the Vaporpedia page linked in my sig and all will be explained. Currently, to get the lube, you have to request it from Ploom. It looks like we should be able to get it in bulk commercially, though. Still waiting to verify that.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
You need to clean the outside of the vapor tube to resolve the temp-light issue. You don't HAVE to have the lube to resolve the issue, but it helps. Go to the Vaporpedia page linked in my sig and all will be explained. Currently, to get the lube, you have to request it from Ploom. It looks like we should be able to get it in bulk commercially, though. Still waiting to verify that.

I hope we can get it commercially, I'd like an eye dropper or something full of it. That'd be way easy to apply than the stupid packets.

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
Wow that was a long drive and yet surely was a fantastic trip. Agreed the Pax worked great indoors at the show, everyone who pulled on it returned it with a smile.
Yes it was insanely long drive, no sleep all the way through. Would have been half as long if I had my passport, I would have been able to drive through Canada. Curses to Bush. The fest was absolutely insane. Listening to the Rothbury sets still gives me goosebumps. String Cheese was absolutely insane. The Dead on the 4th of july playing U.S. Blues to a massive elaborately timed fireworks display, sherwood forest lighting seemed to be synced to the headliners like a massive interactive windows media visualization most of the time.:uhoh::o :uhh::ugh::drool::rockon::bowdown:The overall lineup was ungodly. I miss Rothbury so much. I may return to Electric Forrest if they make a compromise on the lineup and give us back some more jam bands.
side note. Loving the hell out of this bong adapter, I seriously get bigger hits than I do with a flame! Epic hitz0rs. Strongly advise people attempt adapters if you have some stuff to tinker with. The vid incase you guys missed it.
Cheers. :rockon:

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Missin' me some cheese... been too long. Going to shows is one of the motivating factors to get a portable for me too, and summer festivals. I was packing all my portables at the weekend camp outs, and I was damn happy to have all of them, since charging is limited when out for a few days at a time. Next summer should be even better! :D Pax has been my main pocket vape since getting it, the others are all now considered "back up" :lol:

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Yep...hate to say it, but my replacement Pax has either a faulty battery or the LED display is telling me that the unit needs a charge sooner than it really does. Also noticed during today's cleaning that in the corner of the oven next to the air tube it was CAKED with brown goo! (yummy!) Pax #2 you are officially on alert and may be returned yet again!

Bluntcrush,
Reactions: ogcook

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Sorry BC, I'm starting to notice I get maybe 2 ovens per charge now, though I tend to turn mine on and off several times per oven load, doing the low/med/high routine. I do get quite a bit of mileage out of one load running it this way, but it either drains my battery too fast or I am starting to see the battery taking a bit of a dive in performance. It's really hard to judge the way I use it. I guess I will have to spend a day or two just running the pax again to see how it's behaving.

jambandphan03,

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
Sorry BC, I'm starting to notice I get maybe 2 ovens per charge now, though I tend to turn mine on and off several times per oven load, doing the low/med/high routine. I do get quite a bit of mileage out of one load running it this way, but it either drains my battery too fast or I am starting to see the battery taking a bit of a dive in performance. It's really hard to judge the way I use it. I guess I will have to spend a day or two just running the pax again to see how it's behaving.
Hmm that sucks, even though mine charges retarded it gets 6 or 7 packs :( I can use it a full day of moderately heavy use on one charge.

Mr.Krinkle,

Bluntcrush

I have been using it for 2 sessions per load. one on yellow, then the second on orange. Maybe that has something to do with it. So I am really getting (at least) 4 sessions where I was prolly getting 5 before, but the temp change requires more power I bet!
Thanks for making me feel better about things!

Bluntcrush,

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
Did they send you a used (refurbished) Pax as a replacement for your first one?
I dont think by law in california they can do that. Look into corprate policies on stuff that has been smoked around. Mac wont even look at your computer if you smoke indoors (near the comp.) they say its a biohazard and they are protected by law to refuse you service. Cant imagine they'd risk having Ploom shut down just to refurb some used parts.
I have been using it for 2 sessions per load. one on yellow, then the second on orange. Maybe that has something to do with it. So I am really getting (at least) 4 sessions where I was prolly getting 5 before, but the temp change requires more power I bet!
Thanks for making me feel better about things!
Try leaving it on the charger a while, they told me in a email for my first pax that I will get signifigantly less charge if I take it off the charger right as it turns green. Leave it on an extra half hour at least, that will help indefinitely.

welderboy

its 4:20 somewhere.....
i picked up this quirky little adapter at the lhs today, works perfect with the mobius. the glass butts right up to the mp, so there is no vapor exposed to the hose, if your worried about that kinda stuff. at first i didnt want it because it was angled, but its actually better, because it tilts the pax away from my face. I also discovered it works great alone as a glass mp, no more burnt lips.
IMG_20130119_171003_zps3c216588.jpg
IMG_20130119_155651_zps4b2f73ab.jpg
IMG_20130119_155755_zpsb88f8c9d.jpg

Bluntcrush

Nope it was new in box. Thanks for the tip MK! Much appreciated! I will try that! :)

Bluntcrush,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Thanks for sharing the adapter idea, I had been sticking my silicone tube down into a 14/18 reducer and it was a bit floppy. I took one of my 14/18 male/male adapters and put the tube over the 14 end, snugged it up to touch the mouth piece as you have done, now I have a much more stable connection to my 18mm pieces. :tup: my adapter is not angled, I do have one of those somewhere, but it's not really an issue.

t0CecUX.jpg

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Mr.Krinkle

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
Thanks for sharing the adapter idea, I had been sticking my silicone tube down into a 14/18 reducer and it was a bit floppy. I took one of my 14/18 male/male adapters and put the tube over the 14 end, snugged it up to touch the mouth piece as you have done, now I have a much more stable connection to my 18mm pieces. :tup: my adapter is not angled, I do have one of those somewhere, but it's not really an issue.
Cool! :tup: nice adapters. Glad to inspire. The glass blower I spoke of earlier is just getting over the flu, messaged me last night to come on down. I'm guna go in monday, so I may have a working glass on glass prototype. I am going to dremel tool a mouth peice until it is a small tube, so that it'll fit snugly inside the glass on glass adapter. I cannot see how there can be any possible flaws to this, and it'll be completely secure and air tight.

Righteous! I have that same little bubbler. And what a great use of the Pax sticker! You've got my wheels turning there, Vaped. :clap:

TheDudeNextDoor,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Yeah its the infanous no-name from pipesdaddy. And btw that's medical grade oxygen hose and a downstem from my spare mouthpiece plus a little well placed heat shrink tubing.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
What size oxygen hose did you use?
Beats me, it was from a portable oxygen system, standard size hose I guess. Look to be either 3/8 to 1/4 O.D. It didn't wanna fit but a couple seconds with my butane heat gun and it went right on. It's the perfect size for the pax down tube btw.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
Camel bak hoses fit almost perfectly fyi, and camelbak designs shit to be used for military in deserts and shit, so I doubt they use low grade hoseing that will leach out in hot temps

Mr.Krinkle,
I see what you mean. Checking for oxygen hose through Amazon, it looks like a basic standard size. I found one that referenced 5-7 mm, which would be about 1/4". Great idea! Seems you wouldn't have to worry about any off gassing with a hose like that.

TheDudeNextDoor,
Reactions: Mr.Krinkle
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom