1. If the Herbalizer was a fortune cookie what would it say? Tell us and win it!
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by frayded, Jun 1, 2012.

1. terpsfan726

terpsfan726 Active Member

had the same feeling. Would get uneasy if i just 'asked' for a free t-shirt

will ask for some lube though. thanks krinkle!
    Mr.Krinkle likes this.
  2. Mel Samgour

Mel Samgour Member

If it's dead it doesnt turn any light on, could just mean its on high;)
    Mr.Krinkle and Bluntcrush like this.
  3. Bluntcrush

Bluntcrush Director of Vapor Research Labs™

Quite right! I stand (sit) corrected!
    Mel Samgour likes this.
  4. SunDoobie

SunDoobie Member

I am new Pax user and was wondering if I don't finish the entire oven load in one session, then can I just leave whatever is left in there and vape it at a later time? Does this method waste the flowers? Should I just vape what I can and disregard what is left?

Also I just ordered the case recommended by TheDudeNextDoor

Just wanted to say great tip and thanks!

For one did you see the video per Ploom's website?
    http://www.ploom.com/pax#videos
    I followed their procedure and also incorporate the tips per the vaporpedia
    http://vaporpedia.com/wiki/Pax
    TheDudeNextDoor likes this.
  5. rendole

rendole New Member

Just wondering, is it bad to charge the pax with a packed oven? I was going to pack the oven tonight so I didn't have to in the morning and let the pax charge over night.
  6. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

Yes you can, but be aware that it will taste like shit. It does waste a little of your load because when you turn it on it doesn't turn green until well past vapourizing temperature. The amount is probably trivial though.

I charge with something in the oven all the time. There's no reason I can think of why you shouldn't.
    Phizix and SunDoobie like this.
  7. JoeKickass

JoeKickass Well-Known Member

I've had my Pax since the beginning of August (5 months) and rarely clean it more than just wiping it out. My oven has had black crud caked on the walls for at least two of those months but since a few days ago it has seemingly been overheating, tasting like garbage, and giving dark med/high abv on yellow low setting. I thought about sending it back but thought I should clean it first:

First I cleaned the screen and the tube, there was a mild improvement but it still seemed like med abv/harshness on low.

Soaking the MP in iso made a big difference in taste! (I had just been q-tipping it and not smelling it lol)

And chipping the crud off the oven walls and going over it with Magic Eraser got rid of the harshness that I thought was a temp malfunction!

I think I'll be using that stuff more often, it's just like open cell foam and cuts like butter with a knife so you can make a hundred little chunks out of one eraser bar. I stick a slightly wet mini-slice in the oven and use the back of a pen to scrub it around and it looks shiny like new!

A clean Pax certainly is a happy Pax...
  8. TheDudeNextDoor

TheDudeNextDoor Abiding

You're going to love that case, Doobie! Perfect for the Pax and a couple herb cans.
    SunDoobie and Mr.Krinkle like this.
  9. Mr.Krinkle

Mr.Krinkle Shpooding Time.

cool, never even saw that in my quest for the perfect case. Right now I am using a benchmade knife case which fits it like a fucking glove, I love it.
    Forgot about the magic eraser, I was trying my hardest to get it shiney new looking for the send-back.
  10. SunDoobie

SunDoobie Member

[​IMG]

How can you go wrong with this setup?

:rockon:
    Professor Pickles and fluge like this.
  11. TheDudeNextDoor

TheDudeNextDoor Abiding

Professor Pickles and Mr.Krinkle like this.
  12. Mr.Krinkle

Mr.Krinkle Shpooding Time.

13. ipax

ipax Member

Nope! I for sure don't have the balls to take something apart that has a ten year warranty!

And Pakalolo Thats the piece! I haven't taken the magnet out or lost it (that i know of?) but occasionally my screen does fall out...

P.s. fun story: Just read the second page of this thread accidentally (must have clicked page 2 instead of last) and it was the scariest thing because everybody was talking about how they preordered this new device and it was gonna be really exciting... lol Thought my relatively new pax was already obsolete :X
  14. CHIDOY

CHIDOY Well-Known Member

i dont even own a pax and i think that case is perfect for it. i love how clean and organized it is.
    TheDudeNextDoor likes this.
  15. Tstat

Tstat Dead Foot Designs Accessory Maker

jambandphan03 and Bluntcrush like this.
  16. Paxman

Paxman New Member

Just got my Pax yesterday a little worried about the battery though. I charged it last night and saw that it was at green so I took it off and put it away. Tried hitting it this morning and it was hitting fine but after 4-5 hits it was already at red when I shook it. Anyone have any advice or seen this before? Thanks
  17. HSIHP

HSIHP Well-Known Member

Let it sit on the charger overnight tonight to really work that battery in. I had this same issue and it was solved by doing this.
  18. ipax

ipax Member

Jeeze, slow thread lately, huh? Here's the pic of my silicone band. Im gonna contact ploom and see what they say

[​IMG]
  19. Paxman

Paxman New Member

Thanks man, ill try that tonight
  20. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

Thanks for the pic. That is not the same silicone O-ring that I referred to. I didn't even know there was one there, but I can see how it would mess up your Pax when it comes loose like that. Looks like a warranty issue to me.
    SoCalShore and Vitolo like this.
  21. rgs3

rgs3 Active Member

Here's an idea, what if we were able to press the bud (about .25 grams) into pill form, then pop that sucker in the oven and break it up with your stirrer of choice? This would make things super easy for storing, transporting, and using. Can this be easily done?
  22. VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd Well-Known Member

I came up with this idea a while back. But I want a pollen press roughly the size and shape of the oven that I could put bud in and press out little cakes.
    Professor Pickles and darkrom like this.
  23. rgs3

rgs3 Active Member

Yes, this exactly. Is this possible and/or easy to do?
  24. VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd Well-Known Member

I'm sure someone with a little machining knowledge could do it easily. Then u could have several premade "pax-cakes" in a tictac container for quick easy use.
  25. DasBlunt

DasBlunt Member

So random Pax owners, how is this thing holding up?

Warranty issues? Are they shipping out new units with all the warranty issues I have seen in this thread, now fixed?

Battery Life? Good?

Quirks? Random plastic or strange things happening?

With so many small parts, any unit will have issues (look at cell phones), but I wanted to hear a bit of consensus before I drop 200+ USD.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors