1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by frayded, Jun 1, 2012.

1. rendole

rendole New Member

Well I already ordered it so it's not like it matters now, let me know when you get yours i'm interested to see who gets theirs first.
  2. Mr.Krinkle

Mr.Krinkle Shpooding Time.

What was it, alien blood in the pax? I think that is debatable, cant imagine even if it did have acid in it, that it would eat clean through a box in the amount of time you say. Even if it was for what ever reason oozing magic acid, you dont have the product any more, yes you explained it was leaking alien blood, but from their perspective it just sounds like some stoned dude trying to get a free Pax. I'd tell you the same thing, and unless you have some sort of proof that you at one point owned a Pax, iI'd say your shit out of luck. I dont understand how you think they are being unreasonable?
    VaPeD&CoNfUsEd likes this.
  3. jay87

jay87 Member

I recently ordered a pax but have a few questions about it:

1. How much does the pax continue to smell after a few sessions without cleaning? After cleaning? (The smell probably varies depending on what is in it, so for reference I will be using high quality material)

2. Does the lubricant some people have been getting allow you to clean the pax less and avoid the temperature light or sticking mp issue?

3. On average how many draws are people getting from a fully packed pax? And how effective is the pax when it comes to vaping half of an oven, stopping, then continuing to vape the other half later?

Thanks for your responses.
  4. Mr.Krinkle

1. From my experience, It'll smell no matter what once you use it. I clean it really thorough and it still smells. 2. It'll help, I wouldn't clean it less, It literally takes 30 seconds to clean the air path. 3 You get a bunch of hits off a full one, the store owner I got it from said 5-6, I'm finding a full oven gets about 20-30 though. Its very effective with a half oven, I'd say more efficient then a full oven. I try and shoot for 2/3rd's packed tight, even when packed tight it'll expand as it heats a little bit. If you save some for later, it'll work fine, you have a lesser quality taste than before, I hear a lot of complaints, I actually dont mind it or notice it too much. Either way, I try and pack only what I'll be using, instead of saving some for seconds.
    Bluntcrush likes this.
  5. Live-N-Learn

Live-N-Learn Higher, Higher, Baby...

While I agree with you, the alien blood made me curious. Alien blood is acidic?
    Idk why i thought of ivan ooze from power rangers when you said alien blood :p

[​IMG]
  6. Mr.Krinkle

Bhahahaha- That character exists in a part of my brain that has no been accessed in some years
    Edit- So, just got done talking with Ploom, they are very nice for customer service, despite previous posts. This Pax unit is taking 2 hours to turn green, even when not fully depleted, so I recommend people time their charges to make sure its not running off a dud battery ( I think that may have been what happened, I am getting 2 hours charge for 1 hours use, should be 2 hours use from 1 hour charge. meh.) They have 2 day shipping so this isnt as bad as it could be, and it hasn't cost me a dime yet so I'll remain positive.
    2nd edit- Just got an email saying everything would be expedited shipping and that they were very sorry for the inconvenience and that a few goodies would be tossed in for the trouble of 2 returns in 2 weeks (More stickers!:lol:) I am going to recharge it one last time in a totally different room tonight, I can't see how this could possibly make a difference and I am 99.999% sure I'll still get a 2 hour charge, but we shall see. Bottom line Pax rocks, for anyone on the fence. If your unsatisfied, tell Ploom and they will bend over backwards to make sure you're satisfied.
    newVaper420 likes this.
  7. Mel Samgour

Mel Samgour Member

Got my mp lube, a bunch of Ploom stickers, magnets & a Ploom tshirt today. Too excited to try it, hopefully solves my MP issue
    mollee and Mr.Krinkle like this.
  8. Mr.Krinkle

whoa a shirt, lucky :) I want a shirt. GIVE ME YOUR SHIRT!
    Mel Samgour likes this.
  9. Live-N-Learn

Tshirts &&& magnets... I dont have either of these! I have about 40 stickers now, and Im still ready to trade!
    Mel Samgour likes this.
  10. VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd JoDa Glassworks Glass Blower

Wait...wait...wait...... There's a shirt now?!?!? I've got everything else but no t shirt! I want one!
    Mel Samgour likes this.
  11. Mr.Krinkle

haha I just hope I get a proper working Pax, they can keep their stickers and shirts :)
  12. Mel Samgour

Mel Samgour Member

13. Hoops

Hoops Well-Known Member

I'm about a week deep with my new Pax. If it's fully charged. . . should the battery light go red on me in about 24hrs without use? That's been my experience so far, wondering if that's right.
  14. Mr.Krinkle

no- unless you're leaving it in the cold car- it should hold a charge at full with out use.
    Edit- On their site they say a full charge could potentially last you a full week of light use.
  15. TheDudeNextDoor

TheDudeNextDoor Abiding

What the hell are you guys saying in your requests to get a damn shirt? All I got besides the lube were two measly ass stickers. :lol: I want a fucking shirt goddammit! lol
    Mel Samgour, mollee and Mr.Krinkle like this.
  16. Hoops

Hoops Well-Known Member

Yep, I leave it in my car during the day...and it's cold out. I will research further, thank you.
    Mr.Krinkle likes this.
  17. Mr.Krinkle

:tup: the cold will kill it
    Hoops likes this.
  18. TheDudeNextDoor

TheDudeNextDoor Abiding

There's the problem. Cold plays hell on these batts.
    Hoops likes this.
  19. VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd JoDa Glassworks Glass Blower

Oh yeah I'd sport the shit outta that tshirt. What size did they send ya?
    Mel Samgour likes this.
  20. Mel Samgour

Mel Samgour Member

I actually requested a Ploom tshirt months ago when I first purchased my PAX in about Oct. (I believe I saw it w/yellow logo on Vapeworld or a website similar) and they informed me it was only for commercial use. So when I recieved this email, I thought it was spam/fake. Contacted Ploom, who confirmed that it was them offering the shirt. At this same time I also asked for the lube and some stickers.
    [​IMG]
    I asked for this shirt in a large so my boyfriend & I can both wear it, since we share our PAX. Anyways I think it would be awesome if I could get them in all the colors, I think a shirt w/the blue logo would be sick!
  21. Live-N-Learn

That shirt is dopeeeeee. I want the green X one, in black. :rockon:
  22. TheDudeNextDoor

TheDudeNextDoor Abiding

You know, I feel a bit like a prick saying this, but this kind of makes me feel like an unappreciated "Ploomer." I got nothing with my lube but two stickers, and a note saying "sorry you're having problems." When I now start seeing all these grand expressions of customer appreciation and all this extra stuff people are getting because they are so appreciated, it makes me feel rather unappreciated really.

I'm glad they fixed you up, Mel, but maybe Lorenzo and the rest up there should recognize that we "Ploomers" talk among ourselves so when certain customers are treated with more appreciation than others, how does that make us "others" feel?

I am very happy with my Pax, and this does not change that, but it does make me feel less warm to Ploom as a company for sure.
    Bluntcrush likes this.
  23. swiss

swiss Member

Hi everyone, I'm from Switzerland and I received my PAX just today. I ordered it from ebay and it came without a charger stand! :(
    I'm screwed, I don't have any charger and I dont see a possibility to buy one in europe. I don't want to wait so long to order a charger... :(
    Is there any other ways to charge the PAX... any DIY solution? It must not be that hard, I can see the 2 connectors on the mouthpeace top.
    Please help!
  24. Live-N-Learn

I didnt even get a note, just 2 packs of lube and a few stickers. Lucky you!

Campaign: Pax Shirts for all FC!!!! We all are customer support for Ploom anyway, might as well dress the part. :p

[​IMG]
    (Not the shirt I want)
    VaPeD&CoNfUsEd likes this.
  25. Bluntcrush

Bluntcrush Director of Vapor Research Labs™

Yeah- but why would they make a shirt that indicates that the battery is DEAD...fail.
    VaPeD&CoNfUsEd and Live-N-Learn like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors