Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPB

Almost READY!
t4ussh.jpg

I was one for not waiting, hate waiting for charging batteries..... Nice stuff too. I'll load my pax with that type tonight now its tobacco time so I'm not impaired and can drive round town for my kids. Going to electric store to get 18650 cells, two to replace my old two ( which are two years old now) they have been used lots.. Tho they power pax for 1hr10 mins and never show green like my new 18650 and the one which came with pax. This thing is so nice, I love it. Just a note tho.. It really vapes good on medium when it comes to tobacco. Also came up with a way to use half an oven and make pax behave as if it was a full oven... Session is quick and to the point, cigarette quick I mean. And out comes a brick cause its compressed by the spring screen under the oven lid. It can use same small amount as mflb. Just flipped the brick, it made no difference, all vaped on med. High will get one or two more. So I need not stir and flip.. Just walk up the temp band like solo.. Pictures will be posted. When I join imageur and learn how. Ps that bud reminds me of Amsterdam. Want to go to my home land soon again las time it was 2007 to bury my papa.. Miss him much.. Wonder what he would make of pax. Enjoy fellas..

Just did three quickie sesh.. Tobacco not put out vape as long as weed.. The battery is still yellow its in party mode so I can put it down it won't stand by. Damn ios6.01 makes keyboard slower.. Annoying.. Suck my pax feel better.

So I ordered the davinci but plan on returning it so I can get this instead. The davinci had lots of complaints about off gassing (releasing not normal fumes). Has the Pax had any serious problems such as strange fumes, etc...?

plazmablast,

makisupacurtain

Just got the pax last week, and I have to say it has so far fulfilled everything I have always wanted from a portable vape. I know nothing portable will ever stand up to my Cloud, but I have to say that the pax has taken the cake for when the Cloud is not an option. The warm up time, ease of use, battery life, and thorough medication is why I love the pax for when I'm out and about.

It was also great to be able to not have to combust during the NYE concert I attended, did I mention the battery lasted me and my buddy the entire 3 sets as well as the ride home. :D:D I find the best way to get the most out of your pax, is to always go straight to high temp, tamper the oven down a bit, and use nice long pulls or cigar puffs.

I was confronted with the cleaning issue after a weeks worth of use. No actual malfunctions, but the oven screen was looking like it had better days, and was developing a bit of gunk by where the airflow is. I popped the screen out, and with a Q-tip and ISO the screen, oven, and mouthpece where all restored to pristine condition.

After reading this thread for a bit, I was inspired to try my pax through a tube at home. All of the tubing I have is from the Q and will not fir around the pax mouthpiece. However, I was able to find a silicon mouthpiece from the Omicron, that is able to stretch around the pax mouthpiece and fit in a 14mm. After one session I have to say that although the pax cannot milk a piece like a Cloud can, it is definitely great in a piece, and you can still get nice full hits.

I have been in the market for a portable vape for awhile now, but have not been able to find something that would fit the bill. The Solo was the only other option, but the lack of a clear vapor path inside throws me off. Now instead of lugging around my Cloud to my friend's houses, I can just bring the pax and be just as satisfied and not have to combust. I have to say that Pax is everything I have always dreamed of in a portable, and I am happy to see that this industry has grown so much in the past few years.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
I just combined my pax with my poor unused fumo pipe with its 9 inch chamber and I must say I have created a monster. I wish I could post pics to show you guys. It's pretty badass!

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,
Reactions: welderboy

Mel Samgour

Although I recommend simply buying a new pack of oven screens (3 for $10 is a good deal) I realized that you can take the oven screen out, use a saftey pin and simply take off the rust/ resin. Use a iso wipe after to make sure no particles remain on. Does wonders

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Although I recommend simply buying a new pack of oven screens (3 for $10 is a good deal) I realized that you can take the oven screen out, use a saftey pin and simply take off the rust/ resin. Use a iso wipe after to make sure no particles remain on. Does wonders

That is EXACTLY the method I use.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast

I take coarse steel wool, put it in alcohol, and rub across the screen. Comes out brand new :-).

newVaper420,

terpsfan726

I just combined my pax with my poor unused fumo pipe with its 9 inch chamber and I must say I have created a monster. I wish I could post pics to show you guys. It's pretty badass!

how do you do that? i have a fumo with a 9 inch tube as well... pics please?

terpsfan726,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
how do you do that? i have a fumo with a 9 inch tube as well... pics please?

With a little smarts an extra mouthpiece and a piece of medical grade oxygen hose. It was very easy and looks like a manufactured part. I only have my iPhone and can't figure out how to post pics. But I do have a step by step pic gallery of how I did it.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

terpsfan726

With a little smarts an extra mouthpiece and a piece of medical grade oxygen hose. It was very easy and looks like a manufactured part. I only have my iPhone and can't figure out how to post pics. But I do have a step by step pic gallery of how I did it.

email them to yourself, or connect your iphone to your computer, get them, then upload them. interested...

terpsfan726,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Looks like I'll be trading another portable to give the Pax a try finally. Any concerns been brought up about material/air path safety etc? Its really hard to find specific info in this thread.

darkrom,

darkrom

Great Scott!

If you want to email me the pics I'll post them for you.

darkrom,

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
I take coarse steel wool, put it in alcohol, and rub across the screen. Comes out brand new :-).
The best method is heating this thing up red hot with a torch lighter- I use a pair of pliers to hold the edges, if you want it to look brandy-new heat it up on a piece of aluminum, or stainless, titanium, clean pyrex dish, etc. Dont know the specific reasoning for this, just comes out nicer looking when I have something behind the screen to absorb the heat. Takes maybe 5-10 seconds, no fucking around with pins or steal wool, scraping your nice screen in the process

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
On a side note- Got my new Pax today! I now know that my first Pax had a defective battery life. The new one was tested today, it holds twice as much run time as my first. I have no idea why, my first would go to yellow after only 3-5 minutes of use, and crap out around 25 minutes. This thing is great, I love it so much. Their customer support is amazing, they had it shipped to me in 2 days. Just used it in an MGW inverted showercap, if you pack it fine and use it on high you can get rediculous hits. Its great on medium, but if your looking for the big clouds finely grind it, pack it in semi-tight, and run on red from the get-go. I cant stress how awesome this thing is- It fits so nice in my little camera bag, when i pack it up with the match canister it honestly feels like a camera when its all zipped up. Nothing jingles around, its nice, very inconspicuous! Duno if anyone noticed, but the bag that comes with the alch. pads and pipe cleaners fits your pax quite perfect, its like a custom size ziplock for your pax. I remember reading on here at one point someone was looking for an air tight solution that isnt bulky... There ya go- haha. For a air tight mouth piece bong adapter I cut the rubber plunger on a turkey baster. Basically I cut it down to the last inch and a half, fits a few different ways, I prefer it completely covering the mp of the pax, making a really air tight pull. A lot of you probably have one of these old rubber plungers around, they sell them at bed bath and beyond for 5 bucks. Hope this helps anyone that cant find anything. Also, I found cupping the pax over the bong works fine too if your in a bind somewhere with out the adapter. (This happened to me twice so far, I'm not going to carry around a rubber tube every where I go haha)

Boss

I didn't know about the no soak oven lid. I've soaked the lid maybe twice for ~10 minutes. How will that affect use?

Boss,

JoeKickass

I didn't know about the no soak oven lid. I've soaked the lid maybe twice for ~10 minutes. How will that affect use?
I think it would drip or you would smell iso if the powder in the lid got soaked. It's just talcum powder itself afaik, so residual iso would be the only thing I think to worry about

JoeKickass,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
OK! here i go! im gonna do a quick write up on how i mated my pax with my fumo pipe. I must say this resulted in quite a nifty little addition to my pax arsenal.
The "PAX-A-FUM" (working title)
120m9s9.jpg

start with your pax and fumo pipe with 9 inch chamber (any size chamber really)
34erjiu.jpg

33wv6ts.jpg

get a piece of medical grade oxygen hose (mines about 14 inches) cut one end with scizzors but leave the connector on the other end.
2ywtqtw.jpg

romove grommet and glass bowl from fumo pipe (you may not have one of these, i ordered mine from nm distributing for 5 bucks) if you dont have one youll need to come up with another grommet that fits.
72d187.jpg

romove SS bowl from fumo pipe and remove screen from bowl
20svwqp.jpg

slide SS fumo bowl down over oxygen hose its tight but fits great
k4bcj5.jpg

a0wdw2.jpg

slide grommet onto oxygen tube and press tight into SS bowl (IT'S SNUG!)

Now, that takes care of one end of your pax-to-fumo adapter
w82694.jpg

For the other end of the whip[ we start with the pax mouthpiece
2z8qcs1.jpg

disassemble mouthpiece and machined locking washer from SS pax draw tube
fmhwl.jpg

4jxdmh.jpg

insert SS draw tube into cut end of oxygen hose (again, snug but will go)
2vmdana.jpg

imuvcj.jpg

Insert ends of whip into their corresponding instruments
qn309t.jpg

2iizoqu.jpg

And there you have it! the taste is awesome on low but you start really seeng the vapor milk on medium and high.

well this is my first write up like this on a message board i hope it works out well. thanks for checking it out!

EDIT: it looks like my images didnt upload! WTF i used tinypic and set it to message board size and used the img url in the insert/edit image box while making my post. that sounds right! right?????

EDIT#2: looks like i got it figured out. thanks for the help guys. sorry if the pics are too big but im done fucking with it! lol

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

Wicksy

Well I purchased a Pax from Ploom.com after reading almost all of the posts in this thread. I feel like this vape is going to be a good experience. Purchased on Dec.29th and it shipped out on Dec.31st using USPS Priority International mail to Canada Ontario.

- Electronic Shipping Info Received - Jan 1st
- Arrived at Sort Facility - Jan 2nd - ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)
- Processed Through Sort Facility - Jan 2nd - ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)
- Customs Clearance - Jan 5th - CANADA
- Processed Through Sort Facility - Jan 5th - CANADA

I'm hoping it will be here very soon, can't wait to test it out. Will post back my experience after initial use.

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
Question to others that have done this- What is your full charge time, from fully completely empty to fully charged green light on. I used my pax a bunch to try and kill it, left it on party mode after to fully drain, I read on here that I should train the battery when I get it. So I am going on 2 hours now (1 hour 56 minutes to be exact) unpluged it for the first time now to shake test, it still is yellow. This makes me a bit nervous. Any input from the vets would be nice!

Mr.Krinkle,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom