• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Got my replacement Pax this weekend and noticed 2 differences vs. my first one.
This new one seems to heat up a lot quicker than my first, I never actually timed my first one but this one is noticeably faster at getting hot and turning green.
Also the draw on this one is MUCH better than my first, this one feels like I am hitting a nice loose joint, which is perfect IMO (verses my first one which felt like I was sucking a thick milkshake through a straw)

So glad to have the Pax back, I missed it so much the 2 weeks it was away.

Please post your heat-up times.

If there is an improved draw then the screen must be different, since that is the most limiting part of the the path. Is the edge of the screen noticeably wavy or have notches? Does it sit differently? Is it now perforated?

pakalolo,

Espo

Please post your heat-up times.

If there is an improved draw then the screen must be different, since that is the most limiting part of the the path. Is the edge of the screen noticeably wavy or have notches? Does it sit differently? Is it now perforated?

I will time it later when I get home from work. I use my Pax exclusively on High but can test the warm up times for all three (low, med, hi) with proper cool down times.

Talking about the draw -- when I first got my Pax (when they were released) it was VERY hard to draw (still worked and got me medicated) so I contacted VW about it and they sent me out a new oven door to try and it seemed to make a huge difference (went from feeling like sucking a thick milkshake up a straw to a tightly rolled blunt). But this new unit got (replacement) is even easier to draw from, and now is like a loosely rolled joint, and can puff on it like a cigar with ease to produce clouds of vapor.

US_BLUES

Hello World.

I was wondering if anyone had an extra oven door for the Pax? I am in need and have an awesome device with no oven door now... Not looking forward to combustion

US_BLUES,

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
Hello World.

I was wondering if anyone had an extra oven door for the Pax? I am in need and have an awesome device with no oven door now... Not looking forward to combustion

You can purchase the oven door directly from Ploom.

Deadshort480,

elevation

Still no indication from PLOOM when the PAX will be available in europe.

Annoying to say the least. I have seen the Davinci come and now the Puffit..I am not even slightly interested in both. The PAX seems like the real pocket vape.

elevation,

FriedClaustrum

Wow this thread moves fast! A few weeks ago I posted (my first post) which seemed to re-invigorate the discussion about the mouthpiece/temp light issue. Then we had a hurricane, and when I got power back I was pages and pages behind and now I'm finally caught up!

Thanks to all who posted about cleaning the spring/spring area. That fixed the problem. But now I have the temp button problem! I have no idea how I got iso in it but I must have. It won't budge, and it's stuck on high, my least favorite. Any pointers on getting this back to normal? I know it's been discussed but I can't find it again.

Wanted to point out some other things. Someone mentioned a few pages back that all paxes must be slightly different. I think it's more that all weed is different. I had one strain (I was told it was white widow) that seemed really pretty dry... but it just wouldn't work well in the pax at all. It never tasted like anything, and I never got high -- but it clogged the shit out of the pax - was dirty and sticking by the end of the day. The same herb, while not great, did the trick when combusted.

I also got the sizzle for the first time last weekend... scared the shit out of me. But didn't stop me.

I did the same thing with having it on in my pocket walking home and wondering "wow who's blazing?" :lol:

Still love this thing despite the little problems. So great for discreet and portable use - just what I've been looking for for ages. So glad I don't need to use one of those crappy metal cigarette things anymore. :D

Dammit

now I have the temp button problem! I have no idea how I got iso in it but I must have. It won't budge, and it's stuck on high, my least favorite. Any pointers on getting this back to normal? I know it's been discussed but I can't find it again.
Use something like a pen knife to get into the gaps of the temp button and wiggle it back and forth a bit to loosen it up. Resin gets deposited in the gaps between the temp button and gums it up by the iso once it evaporates. You just need to loosen the button a little bit, but be gentle. You can break the button if you push down too hard. I found, after you loosen it up a bit, you can change the temp but it might not click right away. That's fine. The more you use it, the click will come back.

Dammit,
Reactions: Phizix

Echopleks

It's here! Ahh the wait is over. :)

I had a couple beginner questions in this post, but curiousity got the best of me. Packed the oven nice and full, set her to low and 30 seconds later I had my very first vape (ever)!

Only took a few draws to get a feel - thanks to all of the advice on this (lookin' at you Tweek re: "sipping" ;) ). Gotta say, I'm feeling pretty damn nice off of what would be a fraction of what I'd usually have to combust to feel good. I'm officially a convert.

ILoveCollege

Yeah.. F* Combustion..
1120121323.jpg

Here is the Arsenal, Lucky - Pax, Grindrite 3 pc, Pelican 1050 outdoor waterproof box (stash box), Toothpick, and custom made Pax tool.

Today I am on some stuff from a few weeks back, it was a nice nug and I didn't want to break it up.. Oh well. It is treating me well today.

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
t7h2wx.jpg

Here is my at work Arsenal (notice the damn orange light, I just soaked the MP in iso overnight and cleaned the thing whole again yesterday night.

I use the pencil eraser to stuff it nice and tight.

Live-N-Learn,
Reactions: JoeKickass

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
when i dont have iso or time to clean all the way, blowing hot air into the mouthpiece while its removed really helps do the trick, esp when its cold as shit outside it gets so sticky and never has a chance to heat up

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
Yeah it definitely works but I still feel outwitted by my Pax when I click the MP and see that temp light

Live-N-Learn,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Just had this ^ happen to me in the last couple of days and so far the ISO dipped MP seems to do the trick. I ran mad pipe cleaners down the vapor tube and also scraped lightly around the spring area. I was not able to remove it, so I just cleaned around it as best as I could. Had an online chat with Pax CS and they told me I SHOULD NOT remove the spring! So I am glad I was not able to.

It seems like if that is the area of the sensor, you should be able to do it, but it is a challenge. Fingers crossed that that will indeed fix my issue. Ploom also sent me an address label in case I feel the need to send it back for service...

Bluntcrush,
Reactions: ShipDit

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
i know its like how could such a simple device that i enjoy so much, have such an annoying problem

I know its kind of unsettling and disappointing.
(Good thing it works perfectly once heated, I dont mind so much after. lol)

I have a replacement MP but I dont even wanna use it until I find out what the funk is going on inside my Pax, I am in fear of it being contaminated by the mystical resin/sensor.

Live-N-Learn,

Tweek

Well, it's happened sadly...I have to send my Pax back :( Started acting too strange for comfort, even after a good cleaning and I was advised to send it in. Will keep you posted! :rockon:

Tweek,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

I just sent one of my Paxs in today as well.

The new one I started using for the first time doesn't seem to hit as hard as the first one.

I'm not saying I didn't get medicated. It still does that job well

But I kind of liked those lung busting hits I was getting with the first one

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom