Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Wow dammit thanks for the info. That is a very interesting design and more then likely not good for our way of using it IMHO. I wonder if there is a way they can improve that for the future. The more I learn the more my mind says why lmao.:lol:

Dreamerr,
Reactions: Dammit

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Isn't that area on the outside of the air path tube? Why is it getting so dirty? I saw the pics but I didn't get it then and don't now. It almost seems like the air path floats inside the pax unless I am seeing wrong which would be no surprise.

The Pax mouthpiece tube is a sleeve over the airpath tube in the body and doesn't make an vapour-tight seal.

Edit: Bah, Dammit posted a way better answer while I was on the phone. :p

Dammit

Wow dammit thanks for the info. That is a very interesting design and more then likely not good for our way of using it IMHO. I wonder if there is a way they can improve that for the future. The more I learn the more my mind says why lmao.:lol:
It's a pretty ingenious and elegantly engineered device that makes the pax a small and compact unit that's minimalist looking with all the switches hidden and truly a thing of beauty, but I agree that it also makes it susceptible to resin issues and a little more high maintenance. There's definitely a trade off, but I think the extra maintenance is more than worth it for such a cool little device that doesn't look like a vaporizer. The longer I've owned this thing and the more I've learned about it, the more I'm impressed with it. It's not perfect, but what is?

willieR

Been here since 2009
Shimp- Clean with Iso while cool and you'll be fine. I have the same brushes and they rock with 99% Iso

Dammit, nice reply. The design is worth the small trade-off. Those that don't appreciate it should move along.

willieR

Been here since 2009
I just removed the spring. It was very clean. I cleaned the outside of that steel tube also, but I have used that dental brush with Iso a couple of times, so I'm thinking that's been working. Spring comes in and out pretty slick, but there was no need for me.

SoCalShore

I really appreciate my Pax!! I hope it's around for a long time. Still want that purple one though!! :p

Jam- I love my purple pax. I have been eyeing the blue one as maybe a back up. But for now, I am completely in love with my Pax.

I have a noobie question for all of you with glass.... The other night I was enjoying my Pax and had it on medium, I inhaled a little faster that normal (not quite why) and the back of my throat got a bit hotter, not quite a burn, than I have experienced. Of course, at this time I was experiencing the munchies and to cool the back of my throat I ate a bunch of small chocolates that were in the fridge. It worked but I am really trying to fight the munchies late at night. So, question to you....is this why you use glass? It would make sense that it's another "filter" and "cooling element" to the warmer vape. If that is the case, I might just look into some glass.

Please feel free the laugh at this post.....I am while I'm writing it....:lol:

Also, for those of you that are using flowers...(sorry a little off topic), but do any of you get mild headaches from some bottom shelf stuff? I bought my top shelf stuff from a different supplier and as a gift they gave me some great looking bottom shelf stuff and I am using it right now but I almost got instant headache. Sucks! :mad:

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Wow, it took like 4 days, but I managed to read every post in this 178-page thread. I'm officially sold on the Pax and will be ordering mine tonight from VapeBot (I couldn't resist a free bag for carrying it around) in Amethyst. I'll report back when I receive it. Wish me luck. :p

You will love it! Congratulations! :-) Remember the motto: A clean Pax is a happy Pax :-)

Dammit

Wow, it took like 4 days, but I managed to read every post in this 178-page thread. I'm officially sold on the Pax and will be ordering mine tonight from VapeBot (I couldn't resist a free bag for carrying it around) in Amethyst. I'll report back when I receive it. Wish me luck. :p
Welcome aboard and good luck! I noticed I was getting "likes" to month old posts so thanks for those :lol:

Dammit,
Reactions: pakalolo

darkrom

Great Scott!
So now with this nifty vape out for a while, what are some of the more common issues people have with them? I know all the positives, I want to hear what you people would like changed for Pax 2.0 ETC.

I always love new portables.

darkrom,

Bildo3523

So now with this nifty vape out for a while, what are some of the more common issues people have with them? I know all the positives, I want to hear what you people would like changed for Pax 2.0 ETC.

I always love new portables.

FINALLY we can start the Pax 2.0 discussion? Pleaaaaaaase! ;P

Bildo3523,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Congrats and welcome! This site is an amazing source of info veritably exploding with cool, knowledgable peeps!

HSIHP

FINALLY we can start the Pax 2.0 discussion? Pleaaaaaaase! ;P

The only thing I would want it a more reliable mouthpiece connection (mine has been fine but many others have had cleaning issues) and more heat settings. Maybe 6 temp settings at 360, 375, 380, 385, 390, 400.

donald420

Another idea: read backwards!

Man, I'm on fire tonight. :evil:

Fuck your a dick lol just help the dude out....

The only reoccurring problem is really just the mouth piece issues but after a good clean all those problems should fuck off, just make sure you keep your pax semi clean and u should be sweet haa

mod note: You may be joking but name calling is never OK here, even with adding "lol". Next time pick a more acceptable description.

donald420,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Fuck your a dick lol just help the dude out....

The only reoccurring problem is really just the mouth piece issues but after a good clean all those problems should fuck off, just make sure you keep your pax semi clean and u should be sweet haa

Well you're new enough that you get a pass. I'm taking that as a joke. darkrom, on the other hand, has been around a long time and should know better than to drop into a thread and demand a summary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom