Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
The Pax by no means requires and shaking or finesse or specific breathing technique to get a good hit. If you pack that thing down as tight as you can any air you breath in will draw a ton of vapor. The same cannot be said for the MFLB.

This is not correct. If you inhale too hard, even on red the Pax gives a weak hit. Breathing technique is important. There are plenty of examples in this thread of people who have complained that they weren't getting much vapour and who were helped when someone explained that the Pax works best with a light draw.

Honestly comparing the Pax to the MFLB is like comparing a Ferarri to a Honda... yes they both have four wheels and take you from point a to point b but .......

That's your opinion. Obviously you look down on the LB, have you used one? Perhaps it escaped you that I was able to come up with 16 points on which I considered the LB beat the Pax. I could probably add a couple more without too much thought. In that whole thread, no one came close to presenting a similar list for the Pax. You're welcome to try.

Oh wait, you meant the LB is the Ferrari and the Pax is the Honda. It makes more sense now.

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
you should really put some thought into the things you post before you go off on a rant about how much you love the mflb...

ferraris are beautiful vehicles, however they are not nearly as fuel efficient as hondas. the member that you so rudely attacked was stating that the pax is beautiful but may be less fuel effieient, as compared to the mflb (honda) which may not be as nice looking, but gets fantastic gas mileage.

personally, i thought it was an excellent metaphor.

really a terrible moderator.
Gotta disagree with you there, I dont think he put as much thought into it as you when he made that metaphor. The way you stated it it seems like the pax is better looking but doesnt work as good as the mflb. The way he stated it made it sound like the mflb was a piece of junk while the pax was for the elite of the elite.

Gotta side with the mod on this one, made many good points in the comparison and was able to defend quite well. i wouldnt say terrible at all, everyone is entitled to their opinions and it didnt contribute negatively to the thread

Mynameismud,

willieR

Been here since 2009
I love the Paka, but I've been vocal in that past about his preoccupation with the LB. Those of us that have been here a while factor that in. Certainly harmless and you get used to it.

Perhaps it escaped you that I was able to come up with 16 points on which I considered the LB beat the Pax. I could probably add a couple more without too much thought. In that whole thread, no one came close to presenting a similar list for the Pax. You're welcome to try.

Hello All

First I would like to thank everyone for you insight. I have been reading your reviews/posts for the last month. Very helpful is every aspect .

So this is my first vape !!
So I ordered my pax on monday, It was overnight shipping but didnt come tuesday. I called Vapeworld and they were nice enough to refund my shipping !! Nice customer service.

So im getting my pax within the hour and I'm very excited. Anybody know how long it has to charge for the first time... Also any other tips for the start up. Some people with other vapes said let it run and burn off anything from production ??

Any tips will be helpful and again thanks. I will let everyone know how it goes.

Goretex101,
Reactions: willieR

willieR

Been here since 2009
Congrats! Charging might be 60-90 minutes initially. I think it's always a good idea to do a clean and burn. You never know about leftover cleaners, solvents, lubricants, etc left from the manufacturing process.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Not if it is packed correctly.

I consider the Thermovape T1 a MFLB on steroids and I wouldn't even put the T1 in the same league as the Pax.

Perhaps you can explain the correct packing method so all of us can share in your marvelous breakthrough. I've done tightly packed and I stand by my statement. I invite others to try the experiment, although it's not really necessary. There are enough posts here describing the problem.

Concerning the personal attack above, I was not the moderator who posted the note. I do not moderate something that I am directly involved in. Since the comment came from a new member with a single post, I did check to see which existing member created the sock puppet. He's been identified and both accounts are permanently banned.

willieR

Been here since 2009
This is a general comment and not directed toward any individual. Certainly not directed to The Dude who contributed heroically to this thread.

I think anyone reading any thread needs to understand that while the majority of posters appear to be legit consumers, there will always be a number of stooges / shills for various manufacturers. Might not be an employee. Might be someone who received free product(s) posting unusually favorable comments. You might also read unfavorable reviews by a scorned person who didn't get the freebie to review. Who knows.

All I'm saying is it's always a good idea to read through many posts and don't get hung up on one persons rant either for or against a product.

Sonics420

alright so i was having issues with my pax. the reason was because i didnt have that 99% iso. i went and got some yesterday from safeway, did a good quick cleaning and now everything seems back to normal. my mouth piece is normal again and pops up easily. what i did was coat my cleaning tool in the iso and just clean like i would normally. coated the mouth piece stem and clickd a dozen times also.

my mouthpiece isnt stuck any more when i woke up this morning, and the temp light wasnt cycling back and forth.

so overall, no big deal to me for cleaning my unit, its understandable because every pipe or bong gets resin so im not sure why this wont. even my atmos raw gets resin and makes it hard to twist the mouth piece off.

overall im very happy with my pax after this quick "cleaning fix".. it was simple and easy..and the pax gets the job done, i have 1 man sessions for like 20 minutes on such little amounts of herbs..

i jst need to find a car charger or something like that.

stoneloc

So now I'm in the "screwed up Pax" group. I got mine on Saturday, and had a very nice three-day weekend. On Monday eve, after fairly constant use, drawing started becoming difficult with low vapor production. At the same time, was seeing the temp indicator LED flash a little more during draws.

Tried cleaning it last night per the instructions, and by this point the mouthpiece was sticking and doing the three-second rise thing others have reported. Cleaning didn't improve this, so I tried wiping just a touch of ISO on the outside of the mouthpiece post (not enough to drip) and clicking it a few times to loosen the spring. The mouthpiece extension went back to normal but it still wasn't making very good vapor. Now the mouthpiece is sticky again (after almost no use since the cleaning) and the temp light stays on with the mouthpiece out.

So what's the drill here? Call Ploom customer support? I think I already have a "new" mouthpiece--mine looks like the left side in the pictures on http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/pax-vaporizer-by-ploom.6223/page-134#post-278852, with the moveable collar having the indented ring.

If I do call Ploom customer support, do I need to be careful to say I was using tobacco? Or should I just call Vapeworld?

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
If I do call Ploom customer support, do I need to be careful to say I was using tobacco? Or should I just call Vapeworld?

I contacted Ploom directly, and didn't mention what substance I was using in it. Just that I had the temp light issue. They cut and pasted a generic response, and it helped, but I have the issue after every one or two sessions. I'm trying to decide what my next step should be.

newVaper420,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
So now I'm in the "screwed up Pax" group. I got mine on Saturday, and had a very nice three-day weekend. On Monday eve, after fairly constant use, drawing started becoming difficult with low vapor production. At the same time, was seeing the temp indicator LED flash a little more during draws.

Tried cleaning it last night per the instructions, and by this point the mouthpiece was sticking and doing the three-second rise thing others have reported. Cleaning didn't improve this, so I tried wiping just a touch of ISO on the outside of the mouthpiece post (not enough to drip) and clicking it a few times to loosen the spring. The mouthpiece extension went back to normal but it still wasn't making very good vapor. Now the mouthpiece is sticky again (after almost no use since the cleaning) and the temp light stays on with the mouthpiece out.

So what's the drill here? Call Ploom customer support? I think I already have a "new" mouthpiece--mine looks like the left side in the pictures on http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/pax-vaporizer-by-ploom.6223/page-134#post-278852, with the moveable collar having the indented ring.

The temp light SHOULD be on when the mouth piece is out. Have you taken a q-tip to the inside of the mouthpiece tube yet? I found some times the little hole at the opening of the mouthpiece where the vapor comes out to your mouth will clog up too, so be sure all your paths are clear.

The only thing I know to do about the temp light and the sticky mouth piece is exactly what you tried. I simply would not mention what you are using in the Pax. Ploom chat may help, but they may just give you the same instructions we have been posting here on the forum. Maybe try your cleaning again, use q-tips to wipe things clean. I pull a bit of the cotton off of the q-tip, and smooth what is left down, twisting in one direction to get it nice and tight on the q-tip stem, and then use that inside the mouthpiece tube, to get all the stuff the pipe clean isn't reaching. Just be careful you don't let the cotton come off inside, it's a pain to get it out of there.

stoneloc

The temp light SHOULD be on when the mouth piece is out. Have you taken a q-tip to the inside of the mouthpiece tube yet? I found some times the little hole at the opening of the mouthpiece where the vapor comes out to your mouth will clog up too, so be sure all your paths are clear.

The only thing I know to do about the temp light and the sticky mouth piece is exactly what you tried. I simply would not mention what you are using in the Pax. Ploom chat may help, but they may just give you the same instructions we have been posting here on the forum. Maybe try your cleaning again, use q-tips to wipe things clean. I pull a bit of the cotton off of the q-tip, and smooth what is left down, twisting in one direction to get it nice and tight on the q-tip stem, and then use that inside the mouthpiece tube, to get all the stuff the pipe clean isn't reaching. Just be careful you don't let the cotton come off inside, it's a pain to get it out of there.

Yeah, misspoke. I meant the temp light was on with the mouthpiece extended, not out.

I'll give a shot recleaning with qtips and dental brushes. Still, kind of a bummer. I'm concerned about the bad draw issue; that seems deeper than just the mouthpiece switch. :/

stoneloc,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Have you messed with how the screen is inserted? could it possibly be blocking the air way some how? Just another guess here.

jambandphan03,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Stonloc, Look at that screen as suggested. It leans on one of the oven walls, so make sure when leaning that the void left under the screen of over the hole. Otherwise the screwwn could be partially covering the hole.

In my mind, you clearly have an issue with resin, and it sounds like you may be using weak Iso? Try and get 91% or 99% Iso. It dissolves resin MUCH better and leaves ledd crap behind. I would bet your problem is 100% fix-able with cleaning.

You mentioned Dental Brushes... You have these? Not a toothbrush, a Dental Brush. A tiny bit of 99% Iso on that brush will melt the resin around that spring area.

Get a pipe cleaner with iso and really get that area inside the mouthpiece clean.

Now hurry the hell up so you can report back here fast and get you up and running in time for the debate tonight!

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I think I'm gonna contact VapeWorld. I contacted Ploom, but they suggested I contact VapeWorld. I mean honestly, after every session or two, I get the temp light issue. Even if I dip the mouthpiece in ISO and then stick it back in. It creeps in every session or two. That's kind of a lot. My mouthpiece has a lot of wiggle room, maybe yours does too.

I noticed some people saying they have zero issues, so I think I'm gonna take my chance and see what VapeWorld has to say.

My question is, if Ploom provides a 10 year warranty, what happens if VapeWorld goes out of business? Why does VapeWorld have to handle Ploom exchanges? Pretty crazy if you ask me.

newVaper420,
I think I'm gonna contact VapeWorld. I contacted Ploom, but they suggested I contact VapeWorld. I mean honestly, after every session or two, I get the temp light issue. Even if I dip the mouthpiece in ISO and then stick it back in. It creeps in every session or two. That's kind of a lot. My mouthpiece has a lot of wiggle room, maybe yours does too.

I noticed some people saying they have zero issues, so I think I'm gonna take my chance and see what VapeWorld has to say.

My question is, if Ploom provides a 10 year warranty, what happens if VapeWorld goes out of business? Why does VapeWorld have to handle Ploom exchanges? Pretty crazy if you ask me.
I'm fairly certain I read a post from someone who bought there's from vapeworld and received a replacement directly from Ploom.

Futuretvowner,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I'm fairly certain I read a post from someone who bought there's from vapeworld and received a replacement directly from Ploom.

Well, I was just in the chat with Ploom, and they told me to contact VapeWorld and per there sales agreement, VapeWorld needs to exchange my unit. They asked me specifically where I bought it.

newVaper420,
I would be willing to bet that Ploom would honor the warranty if vapeworld went out of business.

Futuretvowner,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
they have to do something, the store I got mine from no longer carries them (vaporstore.com) and I have had to contact ploom several times now trying to get this temp light issue figured out. Since my cleaning, it has been working again. I did pull some cotton fibers out of the spring area with the dental floss brush tool. I wonder how many other Pax are getting fibers from the pipe cleaners in the spring area too. Does a good pipe cleaner exist that does not shed so easily?? I have the Zen brand, and they are shedding all over the place.

jambandphan03,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom