Pax or Pinnacle Pro, which is the better buy?

vorrange

Vapor.wise
It is always difficult to gauge the ability to vape in public... it depends on many factors.

For instance, vapes like the MFLB, Palm, Firefly, Genie, Lotus, Vapman, Vaponic and others with heat on demand that cool quickly are great for a couple of hits, either in a more secluded place or discreetly in a more open space.

I have used the MFLB, Genie, Lotus, Vaponic, Solo and DaVinci in public and while i can use the DaVinci without no one knowing what i'm doing it is weird for a grown man to be with a portable radio in his hand sucking on the antena....

The ones you can hide while hittting and heating are the best IMO. The Vapman, Vaponic, Genie and Lotus have the lighter problem but the genie looks like a pipe so in most instances no one will make much of it. The Vapman can be hidden and so can the Vaponic so unless you need silence it is pretty stealthy in 90% of ocasions. The Lotus is the worst on the open but you can vape a load so fast that 1min in the bathroom will be enough for promising results.

Personally i didnt like to use the Solo outside, but a friend of mine used it with no problems...

I maintain my opinion the Pinnacle is the most balanced in a battery vape. The Solo is too big and heavy to carry around, The FF is great but no autonomy for me...

So, in the end, if it's true stealth you're after, get a LB and another portable to vape without having to be next to a plug.

If you don't care for stealth that much but care a lot for autonomy, the 45min in the Pinnacle might be short for you.

I'm sticking to flame vapes until there comes a 2h vape with great flavour and small.

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
Are you asking me directly? I don't go to clubs, I'm too old for that shit. Also not sure why you wouldnt go to your car or at least a bathroom stall to medicate in a situation like that. I suppose it might be different if you were at a movie or in a vehicle or something... but isn't that a venue where that hide a can (or cup) trick would excel?

I would also imagine having a Jyar (or film canister or whatever) filled pre-ground bud would eliminate the need to carry multiple stems? Just stick the empty stem in, push down and you have a pretty well packed bowl ready to go. Not sure why you'd need extra stemware?

In any case OP alluded to the fact that stealth wasnt priority number one when he said;

Hence why the Solo became a contender here IMO and why your hypothetical club scenario isnt pertinent to the conversation (again, IMO).

And honestly, if you want to get high in public like that, get yourself a concentrate pen.

You can't take drinks into the movies, clubs, music festivals et al. So yeah, if you don't want to do all that or you are ok with a coke can sized Solo in your pocket then yeah. It fits the bill.

I'll say it again. The Solo is not stealthy in any shape or form.

deadheadbill,

Caligula

Maximus
The Solo is more the size of a Redbull can. Besides, last I checked, marijuana is also verboten at those venues yet we find ways to bring it in. No?

Then theres also this:

http://www.planetvape.ca/solo-stealth-adapter.html

Could just buy your drink there?

In any case I'm not arguing that the Solo is more or less stealthy than anything else. I'm saying that given the OP's criteria, the Solo should he considered.

Last edited:
Caligula,

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
So it seems the consensus between the pinnacle and the pax is....

the solo? :huh:

syrupy,

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
Never seen or tried the Pax, but I don't regret my Pinnacle Pro purchase. I steered away from the Pax because - I like the PnP form factor better (slimmer), )no water filtration option (pong will fit into just about any 14mm water pipe), FC users said it uses more herb, is harder to clean/maintain, and PnP has better convection heat and because @TherealVaporblunt is a good albeit not the most frequent contributor here. He shares a lot of info and seems a skilled entrepreneur.

Those are the things that influenced me one over the other anyway. Good luck with Sophie's choice.

Adobewan

Pinnacle pro.
Very pocket friendly, quick heat up time, easy to switch out bullets(two full bullets fit perfectly into a Doob tube), and tastes better longer than the Pax.
I LOVE my Solo(my favorite vape, pound for pound), but unless you have baggy cargo pants or a jacket with pockets, it's a little bulky(although, mine has been mobile and awesome on many away missions!)
But regarding portables, I rank my PnP right next to my Solo, followed by the original Inhalator.
Good luck @hangthedj

Top Bottom