Pax or Inhalater

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcowboy

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to ask the opinion of people who have owned or tried both, the pax and inhalater to give their thoughts on which is one is better for being portable, vaping in the car especially. I know both do well on vaping which is why they are both $250, but i need it small and discreet because some members around me don't know about it. Which would you recommend? Convenience of use, like how long it takes to load and using then putting away, which one? Ease of using like turn on, when its ready to use, hit, then off; which one? I called inhalater about the new version coming out and they said it will not be out until Jan. Thanks, would love your opinion and thoughts on which to get, especially from users who have both.

dcowboy,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Thanks, read this post and only one member had both the pax and inhalater. I am trying to find more opinions on members who have both and give a good critique on what they think of each. Thanks!!

You won't find a lot of overlap because these are so similar.

pakalolo,

Pcpvapors

You really just need to look at reviews of both, with both products only being out a short while long term durability/reliability are unknown and to be quite honest with the portable market exploding like it is, I'd wait. Thermovapes new product line is due out, the Hercules adapter for the persei is due out in a couple weeks I mean really there's a billion different options coming out especially with the holiday season creeping up.

Pcpvapors,
Reactions: X24

ODS

i was in the same boat as you. not sure which to buy the pax or the inhalater.

for me the reviews for both make them sound perfect for what i was looking for so i needed a plus or a minus on them to help make the decision.

i eventually chose the inhalater and it came down to this...
i can preload the capsule/cartridge for the inhalater. this makes reloding much quicker and easier. i saved $25 on the price, so i picked up 2 extra cartridges

weedemon

enthusiast
i was in the same boat as you. not sure which to buy the pax or the inhalater.

for me the reviews for both make them sound perfect for what i was looking for so i needed a plus or a minus on them to help make the decision.

i eventually chose the inhalater and it came down to this...
i can preload the capsule/cartridge for the inhalater. this makes reloding much quicker and easier. i saved $25 on the price, so i picked up 2 extra cartridges

and how are you liking it so far? I'm on the fence about grabbing an inh myself. I owned a Pax, but prefered my solo over it.

weedemon,

ODS

and how are you liking it so far? I'm on the fence about grabbing an inh myself. I owned a Pax, but prefered my solo over it.
so far i really like it. i get 4-5 hits off the cartridge/capsule and i'm good for hours. my bong hits are bigger then what i put in the cartridge and i'd take 3-4 of them. definitely saving on herb with the inhalater.

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
You won't find a lot of overlap because these are so similar.

Honestly Pak, I have to disagree with you on that front. I think that the Pax and the Inhalater are two completely different beasts from each other, and are only similar in the niche of the market that they are targeting.

With the Inhalater, majority of the heating action happens through convection, while the Pax uses an almost entirely convection/radiation based heating action to vaporize. Both of these different heating technologies lead to noticeably different vapor

I recently had the pleasure of trying a Pax at a party and found that it put out great vapor, but that the vapor was quite different from the hits I was used to off of my Inhalater. The hits off of the pax are extremely thick and milky, and I found it really easy to accidentally take to big of a pull and choke; which to me is just a testament to how much vapor it is putting out at once. I found the effect to be very stony, which didn't surprise me since conduction tends to bring out the CBD and CBN a little better than convection.

But with the Inhalater, the hits are of a slightly more regular density throughout and you can just keep hitting it until the heater core is cold and it will be putting out vapor still. I notice that the taste is brought out more and lasts longer as well, which I think is as much to do with the convection action as it is the polyimide sleeves. It also seems that the Inhalater is slightly more power efficient from what I have heard from the "dual-wielders". I also find the microUSB port to be an incredibly good addition and I think I would find having just one cord to charge my vape would be very frustrating.

Of course, until I own a Pax these are just my slightly biased opinions based off of one night of use (with the same herb though, I will add). As usual, your mileage may vary. But from where I'm looking from now, I think that the INH would be my choice if I lost all my vapes and had to get a new one.

CentiZen,
Reactions: weedemon

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Honestly Pak, I have to disagree with you on that front. I think that the Pax and the Inhalater are two completely different beasts from each other, and are only similar in the niche of the market that they are targeting.

With the Inhalater, majority of the heating action happens through convection, while the Pax uses an almost entirely convection/radiation based heating action to vaporize. Both of these different heating technologies lead to noticeably different vapor

I recently had the pleasure of trying a Pax at a party and found that it put out great vapor, but that the vapor was quite different from the hits I was used to off of my Inhalater. The hits off of the pax are extremely thick and milky, and I found it really easy to accidentally take to big of a pull and choke; which to me is just a testament to how much vapor it is putting out at once. I found the effect to be very stony, which didn't surprise me since conduction tends to bring out the CBD and CBN a little better than convection.

But with the Inhalater, the hits are of a slightly more regular density throughout and you can just keep hitting it until the heater core is cold and it will be putting out vapor still. I notice that the taste is brought out more and lasts longer as well, which I think is as much to do with the convection action as it is the polyimide sleeves. It also seems that the Inhalater is slightly more power efficient from what I have heard from the "dual-wielders". I also find the microUSB port to be an incredibly good addition and I think I would find having just one cord to charge my vape would be very frustrating.

Of course, until I own a Pax these are just my slightly biased opinions based off of one night of use (with the same herb though, I will add). As usual, your mileage may vary. But from where I'm looking from now, I think that the INH would be my choice if I lost all my vapes and had to get a new one.

They might be chaulk and cheese on the points you mention, but from the standpoint of form factor, cost, and stealth they are similar, and these seem to be major considerations with shoppers. Most of the people posting who are looking to decide on a device are comparing the two and deciding between them. Almost nobody buys both. I follow both the Pax and Inhalater threads and I know there's almost no overlap mentioned.

pakalolo,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom