1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

PAX Era by PAX Labs

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Ojan_at_PAX, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Shit Snacks

Shit Snacks Milaana. Lana. LANA. LAANAAAAAA

Well not everyone knows how to do that... I would love to know everything is 100% pure for sure, but we're not quite there yet though we're getting closer and closer. I do trust some more than others, and at least the pods I have and those I've seen seem to be filled by reputable local farms... I did stop using brass knuckles due to those concerns though, and largely bc the oil in these pods seems so much better

grokit and snackmaster like this.
  2. KidneyStoner

KidneyStoner Well-Known Member

Yeah, but what makes those local farms "reputable"?
    Are they indoor or outdoor?

3. danald2000

danald2000 Well-Known Member

Is anyone concerned about the use of silica and nichrome wire in this? Silica has largely been discarded by the ecig community and many are afraid of silicosis. Also nichrome wire can off-gas chromium at high temperatures. Furthermore no ecig company (including DNA) has come up with a chip that offers true nichrome temp control, has pax actually been the first to do this or is it inaccurate?

SamuraiSam and Vape Donkey 650 like this.
  4. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v4.0a (unstable) Staff Member

From our rules:
    • If you have a question or comment regarding material safety, post it in General Discussion. Do not post it in a model thread.
    Thanks for your cooperation.

5. danald2000

Thanks, Ill post it there. Any thoughts on nichrome temperature control?

SamuraiSam likes this.
  6. Andreaerdna

Andreaerdna If God is the answer, then the question is wrong

OT

You are very wrong, sorry. meat is not on the same level as cigarettes, nobody serious would say so

Recently it has been stated that conserved/processed meat (all the thrash forms meat is proposed when not fresh-raw, salami for exemple) is as dangerous as cigarettes. This not because of the meat itself but mainly because of conservatives and industrial transformation
    Like any vegeatbles we eat, they are not responsible for newborn genitalia deformations, cancers or other disesas, pesticides used to grow them are
    :2c:

7. grokit

grokit well-worn member

You could actually say the same thing about tobacco;
    If it was grown organically and you vaped it, no problemo :tup:

:sherlock:

Vapetrees likes this.
  8. Andreaerdna

Andreaerdna If God is the answer, then the question is wrong

Indeed

I was interested in trying to vape it before reading how many polluant are in tabacco because of needs of mass production

grokit likes this.
  9. snackmaster

snackmaster Well-Known Member

SamuraiSam, Adobewan, grokit and 3 others like this.
  10. Vapetrees

Vapetrees Vaped Out

Yeah that was so helpful. I was having that conversation with him. Now I'm going to look for alpine CO2 and try it out.

11. notoriousLrg

notoriousLrg Well-Known Member

now if only a manufacturer/grower can come up with a cleaner cart (like without all of the silica and plastic) to work with the ERA battery, we'd be in for a treat. I wonder if that is cotton in the upper section next to the diodes?

12. muunch

muunch hotboxing the cockpit

How are people storing this when not in use?

Worried about leaks and it turning on inadvertently.

13. Shit Snacks

Shit Snacks Milaana. Lana. LANA. LAANAAAAAA

No inadvertent turn ons, needs to sense inhale unless its defective, which would need to be replaced anyway. Also zero leaks, I like to store it standing up leaning on something if the pod is in it, or even better if I'm not gonna be using it for a while, store the pod standing up in the case they come in (I have two so theres always one stored this way) and then throw the battery in a drawer on its side. Simple, but a cap would be nice for dust sticking to inside of mp, like all oil carts

ChooChooCharlie and muunch like this.
  14. danald2000

hate to reiterate but does anyone have any information about the temperature control on the nichrome wire? @Ojan_at_PAX could you shed some light on this?

SamuraiSam likes this.
  15. fogbank

fogbank Well-Known Member

I just ordered the battery today - for the (now) reduced price of $20 I felt that I had little to lose.

While looking for a good source for the pods I was pleasantly surprised to learn that there are more producers now than the two that were available when the Era was launched. At least one dispensary near me had multiple strains from four different producers on their online menu.

I also noticed that one producer uses rosin in their pods, pressed with high pressure and low temperature, rather than CO2 or solvent extraction.

I own an OG Pax but I haven't used it in over a year, due to the odor it produces while heating the herb. I've read that the Era does not smell during use (I'm not talking about exhaled vapor), and it seems logical that it woudn't since it is on-demand and only heats while you are drawing.

Can anyone describe the amount of odor, if any, that the Era produces while in use (not exhaled vapor odor)?

grokit and snackmaster like this.
  16. snackmaster

snackmaster Well-Known Member

I don’t use mine that often but I’m pretty sure the only significant source of odor is the exhaled vapor.

Shit Snacks and muunch like this.
  17. nicosuave

nicosuave Member

Apologies if much of this is not relevant to you (Los Angeles)

Anyone tried any rosin pods for the Era? I've purchased some a few times and enjoyed them (Nativ brand). Super light in color, almost clear.

I like the Bloom Farms pods too, but the oil is very dark. Y tho? Their other pods (non Pax era) are more standard colored.

I have been meaning to try some of the Jetty Farms Sunset Sherbet pods, will definitely pick up next time I'm near a dispensary that carries them.

Shit Snacks likes this.
  18. nicosuave

nicosuave Member

Nativ Rosin OG vs Bloom Farms Single Origin SFV OG (CO2 oil, w/ lots of arguably questionable mixins)

[​IMG]

I very much prefer the Nativ ones. Maybe I'll just keep buying those for a while. Kurvana v2 looks interesting as well...

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
  19. Vapetrees

Vapetrees Vaped Out

Both of those look really good. I should have bought some before my rec expired lol.

Shit Snacks likes this.
  20. nicosuave

nicosuave Member

The bloom farms cartridge is no slouch– sometimes I take these things for granted with all these nice products we have in medical/legal states heh.

I just expect higher (the highest?) quality if I'm spending outrageous amounts of money on a product (50-60 per half gram cartridge). If the bloom farms cartridges were, say $30, I would feel much happier justifying that purchase.

ChooChooCharlie likes this.
  21. ChooChooCharlie

ChooChooCharlie Well-Known Member

A new Era in vaping

(IME, IMO, IMF, IOU)

Impulse buy during yesterday's resupply mission in CO.

Super small and light. On demand, instant vapor. No buttons, just inhale.
    Not messy, don't have to fiddle. Brainless operation, which I can personally vouch for.

macbill and snackmaster like this.
  22. ChooChooCharlie

Had a pleasant afternoon at the botanical gardens, until meeting up with this grouch in the Bugarium:

[​IMG]

If he had asked, I'd told him I used the hopper in the parking lot before entering.

The Era was just so small and light and quick for the gardens

snackmaster likes this.
  23. macbill

macbill Gregarious Misanthrope

I'm a sucker for gadgets, and I just found out pods were available in Washington and Oregon, so I ordered one. I notice Amazon has a wooden container explicitly for the Era. I hope I can get the hang of refilling carts.

24. ChooChooCharlie

Thanks, @macbill , I like gadgets too. Ordered.

25. macbill

macbill Gregarious Misanthrope

You know, I met a woman at guitar camp that used the PAX Era as a delivery method for pre-dosed nicotine solution. Those users must have plenty of spent cartridges.

ChooChooCharlie likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors