• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

PAX Era by PAX Labs

DolfLun

Correct me if I'm wrong but there are plenty of 100% mj on the market - these have PG (propelyne glycol) which makes this a problem vs the others. I was gonna try these out but I don't want to vape PG at all. Happy to be corrected

Baron23

Wow, somehow I missed the PG in the ingredients list. Off my shopping list then as I only want carts with oil thinned by extraction method and MJ derived terps only.

Very disappointing to me.

DolfLun

Wow, somehow I missed the PG in the ingredients list. Off my shopping list then as I only want carts with oil thinned by extraction method and MJ derived terps only.

Very disappointing to me.
The thread on Reddit that this label came from has been updated and says that the pax cartridges claim to be derived only from cannabis oil and do not reflect this ingredients list at all.

Looks like we need some clarity. I'll try to find it

Saga continues ...

https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/5mtueh/pax_era_ingredients_update/

Last edited by a moderator:
DolfLun,
Reactions: grokit

Baron23

The thread on Reddit that this label came from has been updated and says that the pax cartridges claim to be derived only from cannabis oil and do not reflect this ingredients list at all.

Looks like we need some clarity. I'll try to find it

Saga continues ...

https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/5mtueh/pax_era_ingredients_update/
Thanks @DolfLun ! I now have my card and in my state the MMJ dispensaries will be opening in a few months or so and I was always hopeful that someone in-state would fill Era carts so that they were locally available. So...I am rather interested in what other processors in other states have done to get Era carts vape ready.

Cheers

Baron23,

DolfLun

Thanks @DolfLun ! I now have my card and in my state the MMJ dispensaries will be opening in a few months or so and I was always hopeful that someone in-state would fill Era carts so that they were locally available. So...I am rather interested in what other processors in other states have done to get Era carts vape ready.

Cheers

I do not know of any official places willing to try to open a product designed to be disposable. I also have no real connection to Bloom/Pax, so I'm not sure what we can learn, just that I like digging - it seems there are a ton of additives and definitely PG in these Era cartridges. I'm not sure tho if the 100% cannabis cartridges work well or if people like them. Trying to dig far enough.

DolfLun,

Baron23

I do not know of any official places willing to try to open a product designed to be disposable. I also have no real connection to Bloom/Pax, so I'm not sure what we can learn, just that I like digging - it seems there are a ton of additives and definitely PG in these Era cartridges. I'm not sure tho if the 100% cannabis cartridges work well or if people like them. Trying to dig far enough.
Well...the deal is that Pax makes the cartridge and battery but must have processors, in the state in which they will be sold, fill and distribute it. So, what you find in one Era cartridge in one state may not have anything at all to do with what an Era cart in another state is filled with...well, at least that's my understanding.

Baron23,

DolfLun

Well...the deal is that Pax makes the cartridge and battery but must have processors, in the state in which they will be sold, fill and distribute it. So, what you find in one Era cartridge in one state may not have anything at all to do with what an Era cart in another state is filled with...well, at least that's my understanding.
I thought all era cartridges are filled and made by Bloom Farms?

DolfLun,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I thought all era cartridges are filled and made by Bloom Farms?
theres a different processor in colorado. they listed PG on the ingredients list

theres three companies in california that i know of. Bloom, Legion of Bloom and Guild Extracts. I dont know about the Bloom Cartridges as ive not used them and i dont know if theyre related to legion of bloom. But the legion of bloom cartridges are legit. I Believe Legion of Bloom is just Terpenes and Distillate. And Guild is High Terpene Extract. Nothing added

Mynameismud,

Baron23

theres a different processor in colorado. they listed PG on the ingredients list

This ^^ and it will be a different processor in each state if Pax continues its recruitment of processors/distributors for the Era. Right now, CA and CO only, I believe....but surely they will expand, no?.

Baron23,

DolfLun

theres three companies in california that i know of. Bloom, Legion of Bloom and Guild Extracts. I dont know about the Bloom Cartridges as ive not used them and i dont know if theyre related to legion of bloom. But the legion of bloom cartridges are legit. I Believe Legion of Bloom is just Terpenes and Distillate. And Guild is High Terpene Extract. Nothing added

I think all 3 California versions are 100% cannabis as the Bloom farms versions say this and their other products without Pax branding are 100%

DolfLun,

dog_leash

I was in Colorado for vacation and it seems The Lab is doing distillate cartridges now but they don't seem to be strain specific, they have flavors like mint and berry. They listed products used during the grow but it would seem the oil was 100%cannabis based or at least plant based, but tender told me they were all cannabis derived but who knows.

dog_leash,

DolfLun

I spoke with a bud tender in Cali today who confirmed that the legion of bloom cartridges are in fact 100% cannabis

DolfLun,

Smoke1ForMe

I spoke with a bud tender in Cali today who confirmed that the legion of bloom cartridges are in fact 100% cannabis

Do they have ingredients on the label? My dispensary just started caring them, they look nice but wish they didn't use silica wick. I've been using brass knuckles cartridges when I need something super discreet, but I'm pretty sure they cut their product with PG.

Smoke1ForMe,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Do they have ingredients on the label? My dispensary just started caring them, they look nice but wish they didn't use silica wick. I've been using brass knuckles cartridges when I need something super discreet, but I'm pretty sure they cut their product with PG.

i dont know about PG, But brass knuckles has failed multiple outside sourced lab tests for pesticides (eagle 20). Im loving my pax era still especially the guild HTE cartridges. Flavor is unmatched all the way through.

I dont think an ingredient list is really necessary. Its just distillate+terpenes and the guild ones are just high terpene extracts (the seperated terpene layer from sauce)

Mynameismud,
Reactions: Vapetrees

Baron23

Yeah, but its cut with PG and, while I'm not a substance snowflake by any stretch, I don't want to vape PG.

Yes, its used in the food industry and a lot of other places where we come in contact with it. But not at vaporizing temperatures and this is key, not a side issue. It is considered "generally recognized as safe" for ingestion, not inhalation (ISO is another one you definitely do NOT want to vape or breath in too much but is reasonably benign in other types of exposures)

At temps, PG seems to be able to break down into formaldehyde, depending on how much it’s heated. It is also possible for PG to form propylene oxide, a recognized carcinogen, at higher temps. Higher than perhaps we would be routinely vaping, but it is there as a risk.

However, the data is very sketchy and certainly not a smoking gun. As a matter of fact, I think that much of the fear of PG fails the "bus stop on a summer day" test. That is, while standing on an urban street corner waiting for a bus in a nice mid-Atlantic temperature inversion, I would bet that a person inhales a lot more crap than we worry about with vapes.

But it still comes down to the "why vape PG is its not needed" and I believe it is not needed as a thinning agent as evidenced by some higher grade carts that are on the market now (got a great Nectar, no PG/VG/PEG thinners, just thin by original process and terps, I believe).

This is a blurb from Nectar and I know there are others out there also doing similar:

You won’t find any glycol, glycerin, chemical additives or artificial flavors here; our small batch, whole plant, strain specific oils preserve the naturally occurring terpenes so you can taste and experience the plant. Since we use locally sourced cannabis grown with organic methods and CO2 to extract our oils, there are zero residual contaminants in our products.
So, at the end of the day, I want to ask PAX what they are thinking in pushing a new and very nice looking cart product with oil that has been cut with PG. I urge them to join the NO artificial thinning agent movement.

Cheers and thanks for the review. Well done.

Adobewan

This is a blurb from Nectar and I know there are others out there also doing similar:

You won’t find any glycol, glycerin, chemical additives or artificial flavors here; our small batch, whole plant, strain specific oils preserve the naturally occurring terpenes so you can taste and experience the plant. Since we use locally sourced cannabis grown with organic methods and CO2 to extract our oils, there are zero residual contaminants in our products.
Sorry to derail, are these available outside of Washington? If not, are any of the others you're referring to? Any FC threads on these?
TIA

Adobewan,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I got an Era recently too, with Blueberry Kush and Sour Jack carts from Bloom. Definitely taste more like actual herb than the Bloom 510 carts at least... With specific individual farms listed too, the Era is pretty nice though. I also have used brass knuckles and alpine carts with an ego twist, I keep going to the same shop, so many brands I haven't seen in person yet that could be great, so much to try some day

KidneyStoner

I'm a big fan of Pax and have used an original Pax since day 1. Still love it and it's still going strong.
I have to be honest, the Pax Era was a huge disappointment for me. "Non refillable, buy our brand only" is a huge turn off for me. I prefer to make my own concentrates from my own flower. I KNOW what goes into it.
Being tethered to 1 manufacturer and paying their prices is not for me either anyway. Not to mention the disposable cartridges are not very economical and bad for the environment.

Last edited:

Justpassedu

i dont know about PG, But brass knuckles has failed multiple outside sourced lab tests for pesticides (eagle 20). Im loving my pax era still especially the guild HTE cartridges. Flavor is unmatched all the way through.

I dont think an ingredient list is really necessary. Its just distillate+terpenes and the guild ones are just high terpene extracts (the seperated terpene layer from sauce)
Can you please show proof of this ? I know there was a fake lab report being posted on instagram and reddit but from what everyone said is that it is not the correct lab report that is done by SC Labs who does all brassknuckles reports. If there was in fact Eagle20 and the lab reports lied i am sure they would get shut down quick. I am interested to know the truth as i kinda like the BK carts but i am staying away and just making my own until i see some solid evidence .

Justpassedu,

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Has anyone that owns an era had it turn on in their pocket? I saw a video that said this happened and I just want to be safe. Lately I've been leaving the pod off of the vape and carrying them around separately but that's kind of tedious.

@Ojan_at_PAX Do you know if this is an issue? If so what could be a solution? Placing a cap over the pod?

Vapetrees,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Has anyone that owns an era had it turn on in their pocket? I saw a video that said this happened and I just want to be safe. Lately I've been leaving the pod off of the vape and carrying them around separately but that's kind of tedious.

@Ojan_at_PAX Do you know if this is an issue? If so what could be a solution? Placing a cap over the pod?

Since it is draw detected, I don't see how that could happen in any normal situation? Sounds like only defective units would be affected

Shit Snacks,

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Since it is draw detected, I don't see how that could happen in any normal situation? Sounds like only defective units would be affected
Yeah I figured it could be due to that. I just want to play it safe. I tried to find a cap for it but they didn't have the right size at Lowes

Ojan_at_PAX

Social Media Manager @ PAX
Company Rep

I actually haven't witnessed this! Can you or anyone PM me a link to the video?

Last edited:
Ojan_at_PAX,
Top Bottom