PAX Era by PAX Labs

Rock_Toy

If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask, like I said I don't have any cannabis oil cartridges so I can't really give you guys an idea of how it performs. Mine just has e-cig juice which isn't representative of something like The Clear. I haven't looked into the PAX app yet - not even sure if's available yet to be honest but I'll look into it tomorrow!

So I live in CA and just picked one of these up. I would also prefer to have a refillable cartridge but don't mind buying the pods from Bloom Farms. I can only imagine that they will expand their variety once these become more popular but the three they have are good for now.

My question is a little different though. LysegicHysteric, you mentioned that you got a pod with e-cig juice in it. Do you know if they are selling these or if they plan on selling them? I would love to use the ERA for smoking e-cigs as well as cannabis oils.

Modnote: Fixed quote tags

Last edited by a moderator:

Kanna_Kult

@Rock_Toy check out the JUUL by pax, it's basically the era for nicotine juice, pods are about $4 a pop, come in packs of 4 at a lot of gas stations. I love my juul it's the only device that helped me quit smoking newports haha

Rock_Toy

Yep, I was looking at those. Do you know if the JUUL pods fit in the ERA vaporizor? That would be ideal...

Rock_Toy,

Kanna_Kult

Sadly I have no idea as I'm in Oregon and don't have access to the era yet, even though we have recreationally and medically legal cannabis. If I had to guess, I'd say no, the era and juul APPEAR to be slightly different shapes/dimensions and the pods look pretty different. I plan on picking up an Era as soon as they are available here because I love my juul so much, or as soon as I'm back down in Cali, when I get one I'll be sure to let everyone know if they are interchangeable though !

LysergicHysteric

Editor-In-Chief of Vapelord.Reviews
So I live in CA and just picked one of these up. I would also prefer to have a refillable cartridge but don't mind buying the pods from Bloom Farms. I can only imagine that they will expand their variety once these become more popular but the three they have are good for now.

My question is a little different though. LysegicHysteric, you mentioned that you got a pod with e-cig juice in it. Do you know if they are selling these or if they plan on selling them? I would love to use the ERA for smoking e-cigs as well as cannabis oils.

Modnote: Fixed quote tags

I don't believe so even though it seems like it's nice e-cig vape lol I don't vape e-cigs anyways, so I really don't have much of an opinion in that regard.

These pods don't look like the ones used in the JUUL, in fact I was informed the one I was sent isn't representative of the pods that will be put on dispensary shelves either. I was told the retail pods fit much more snugly in the Era than the one I got.

LysergicHysteric,
Reactions: Vapor_Eyes

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Algae marinea, extract yucca, rosemary, cinnamon, cottonseed and sugar cane what are they doing here!!! (without to mention a lot of things I don't know...)

For the rest (potassium nitrate, calcium nitrate,...) I think it's the normal residues you can get in all concentrates.... let me know if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

herbivore21

Someone posted the ingredient list for the pods on reddit. Why are there 36 ingredients in the pods? Will there be variants of the pods without all the additives in the future?
Holy shit! That is some list of ingredients! For folks who cbf clicking:

OUArPS8.jpg

Needless to say, I do not recommend using this particular product! This is not company bashing (the product isn't actually manufactured by a vape company anyway), but there are so many things in that ingredient list that just really shouldn't be heated and inhaled! :worms:

Last edited:

BR Ron

The form factor is fantastic, and the price makes it really attractive for an on the go unit. I am sure it won't be long before someone makes available a second source refillable cartridge. I know it will void the warranty, but at that price point who cares.

Baron23

I don't necessarily agree that the non-refillable carts are a big issue. Yes, its a big issue to FC's. You know, the kind of folks making their own edibles, squishing their own bud, modifying their vapes like crazy....basically you and me.

BUT with the growth of true medical patients, some fair sized proportion of those patients have never smoked or vaped anything and are looking for a pre-packaged, no muss/no fuss, delivery system.

We see it here all the time....people very new to MJ looking for just that. Same market O-pens are aimed for I should think. And, with continuing acceptance of MMJ, I believe the market of people with no prior MJ experience will just grow.

Yeah, I would like to see refillable carts, but I don't think this is oriented toward people like me with a couple of enails. More oriented to Aunt Sadie who is now on chemo and is an MMJ patient to help with pain and nausea.

Pax - this is my question, will you be aggressively seeking partners in more states to fill and resell your carts. Yeah, CA and CO are big, but there are currently 25 or so states with MMJ and since filled carts can't cross state lines, you will need at least one processor in each state. Even that, however, will limit is use. In Maryland, there will be 15 processors to start. Each will have its own selection of strains and products. How do you intend to provide access in all MMJ states and, within an MMJ state, access to various processor's products?

I think that's going to be your challenge unless you are just happy with CA/CO as a market place.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I don't necessarily agree that the non-refillable carts are a big issue. Yes, its a big issue to FC's. You know, the kind of folks making their own edibles, squishing their own bud, modifying their vapes like crazy....basically you and me.

BUT with the growth of true medical patients, some fair sized proportion of those patients have never smoked or vaped anything and are looking for a pre-packaged, no muss/no fuss, delivery system.

We see it here all the time....people very new to MJ looking for just that. Same market O-pens are aimed for I should think. And, with continuing acceptance of MMJ, I believe the market of people with no prior MJ experience will just grow.

Yeah, I would like to see refillable carts, but I don't think this is oriented toward people like me with a couple of enails. More oriented to Aunt Sadie who is now on chemo and is an MMJ patient to help with pain and nausea.

Pax - this is my question, will you be aggressively seeking partners in more states to fill and resell your carts. Yeah, CA and CO are big, but there are currently 25 or so states with MMJ and since filled carts can't cross state lines, you will need at least one processor in each state. Even that, however, will limit is use. In Maryland, there will be 15 processors to start. Each will have its own selection of strains and products. How do you intend to provide access in all MMJ states and, within an MMJ state, access to various processor's products?

I think that's going to be your challenge unless you are just happy with CA/CO as a market place.

Yes, unfortunately these easy to use systems are typically designed to take advantage of new patients with low quality medicine and additives not suitable for human consumption.

These poor business practices and their supporters should be shunned entirely, IMO. I'm quite sick of this capitalist "take advantage of everyone for profit" mentality. Would be nice to see more good people doing good things instead of more slimy suits pretending not to be evil.

Baron23

Yes, unfortunately these easy to use systems are typically designed to take advantage of new patients with low quality medicine and additives not suitable for human consumption.

Now you are talking about the quality of the cartridge and its content while I believe that my point went to the utility of cartridges for a certain segment of the MMJ community...which I still believe is valid.

Just because someone buys a crappy built auto doesn't mean autos are not useful and don't have a proper position in the market place.

Just because someone has gotten crappy pre-fill cartridges does not mean that cartridges are not useful and even highly desirable by some. Its just a matter of the quality of execution of design and manufacturing.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Now you are talking about the quality of the cartridge and its content while I believe that my point went to the utility of cartridges for a certain segment of the MMJ community...which I still believe is valid.

Just because someone buys a crappy built auto doesn't mean autos are not useful and don't have a proper position in the market place.

Just because someone has gotten crappy pre-fill cartridges does not mean that cartridges are not useful and even highly desirable by some. Its just a matter of the quality of execution of design and manufacturing.

It all goes hand in hand; when you're forced into proprietary cartridges it would be nice if they came from a producer with a backbone instead of being diluted and enriched with unexplained synthetic chemical additives. The utility of cartridges is great, not sure if anybody is disputing that? It seems many members are in agreement that it's a great idea; and rather disappointed in lack of user refillable cartridges. I think it is fantastic. I jumped on the O-Pen 3 or 4 years ago before the wagon, and I've still never had an easier to use vape. I agree 100% that cartridge quality doesn't mean the cartridges are not useful, but it certainly limits the usefulness in my opinion.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
These poor business practices and their supporters should be shunned entirely, IMO. I'm quite sick of this capitalist "take advantage of everyone for profit" mentality. Would be nice to see more good people doing good things instead of more slimy suits pretending not to be evil.

I'll just assume that this is a general reference and is not meant to bash Pax Labs, otherwise I'd have to give you a warning point. Please try to be clearer about your target when you use disparaging terms.

pakalolo,

rebelxd

Ive really liked the era so far, the pods don't smell much so it's super stealthy.

Ingredient list is a little uneasing I suppose

rebelxd,

MarkSmith

ATTENTION EVERYONE

I randomly stumbled across this new Pax Era discussion and felt the need to interject about the concerns many seem to share about the ingredient list on these concentrates.

I lived in CO for a while and concentrates with these labels were widely available. First, I share everyone's health concerns; I eat healthy and try to live a healthy life. Second, I am also well aware of how fucked up and corrupt our system is and how that impacts everything; which in our case is various consumer products that are vaping related. Third, anyone who knows anything about growing knows that those are all nutrients and minerals that the plants are grown with. So anybody who's worried take a deep breath. However I agree that it is quite strange how the "ingredients" are laid out the way they are on the label (like with what the plant was grown with) and I thought the same thing at first when I saw very similar labels. Maybe it has something to do with the particular regulations relevant to what we're talkin about. Something to look into..

Was just reading the ingredient list again and thinking that some of you should maybe be concerned about what the solvent is. Which in this case the solvent is n-butane. For any butane hater or lover that isn't already aware; n-butane is a completely separate type of fuel compared to regular butane. It's medical grade and has a much higher standard of purity compared to regular butane which is almost always cut with other things including propellants like propane.

If you wanted the cleanest possible then n-butane is very good, and expected in the medical cannabis world. Still not as clean as solvent-less and CO2 in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

rebelxd

I hope more types of strains become available in the pods. I love that I can smoke them on coffee breaks

rebelxd,

Office_Printer

Do we know what the preset temps are?

edit: Answered my own question by changing the temps with the app open. Here they are in case anyone cares:

Temp 1 - 520F
Temp 2 - 610F
Temp 3 - 700F
Temp 4 - 790F

Last edited:

JoeKickass

I'll have to look for these pods next time I'm at the dispensary, I know they already have ecig-style carts for about $20-25 for .5g, I tried one and they work well but don't taste very good...

JoeKickass,

mixchu69

These don't taste that good, but never was a big fan of these cartridges. It's well built, but tight draw resistance and don't like the taste of the carts

mixchu69,
Top Bottom