PAX 3 by PAX Labs

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentXero

The Pax app is pretty cool. You can adjust your temps in 1° increments (between 360-420°). Also has those few modes that I haven't really figured out yet. Perhaps @Ojan_at_PAX can make a list and go in detail what exactly these modes do and how they are useful.

There's also 3 games to play, don't think I'll ever really use them though. One last thing I thought was awesome and maybe my favorite - you can change the color layout on the LED on the actual Pax. Pretty cool.

aj0125

I already have a Mighty to cover most of my portable needs but it would be great to add another player to the lineup, especially if they can vape concentrates. I have been looking for something that can actually vape flowers AND concentrates successfully. So what I want to know is:

1. Would the Pax 3 work for someone wanting to replace their shitty pens (that don't truly vaporize their oils) for on the go?

2. Can you get through a bowl of flower without stirring (PIA on the go) How about with the half pack lid?

3. Is there anyone in the Portland metro area who would let a fellow FCer come test one out? I'll bring the live resin :)

aj0125,

Mr. Me2

Regarding 2., I can tell you the pax1 and pax2 never needed stirring. I used the folded screen or pusher.

My confidence is very high that the pax3 won't need stirring regardless of the lid used.

Mr. Me2,
Reactions: aj0125

aj0125

Regarding 2., I can tell you the pax1 and pax2 never needed stirring. I used the folded screen or pusher.

My confidence is very high that the pax3 won't need stirring regardless of the lid used.

Thanks for the input. I had a Pax 1 and stirring was mandatory in order to extract the full bowl, that plus other issues are what made me get rid of it. Though to be fair I only used full bowls in the Pax 1 though due to not wanting to make my own mod screen or lid.

aj0125,

AgentXero

I think that regardless of the bowl pack size, the Pax just runs better with a piece of metal in it. With the folded mesh screen or the pax pusher I almost swear that you get a better session than just using the regular or half pack lid. I really hope Pax labs comes out with an oven lid that has a retractable metal screen (spring loaded?) that automatically adjusts and tamps down the herb. @Ojan_at_PAX I will always recommend this :)

Mr. Me2

Thanks for the input. I had a Pax 1 and stirring was mandatory in order to extract the full bowl, that plus other issues are what made me get rid of it. Though to be fair I only used full bowls in the Pax 1 though due to not wanting to make my own mod screen or lid.
Maybe @Ojan_at_PAX can weigh in.

From your experience, maybe grind and whether the load is tamped made the difference. I honestly never needed to stir in either pax, but almost never filled the oven.

Btw, have you seen Buzz Danklin's pax3 review at vaporizerwizard.com? That may help you

Bandoo

I think that regardless of the bowl pack size, the Pax just runs better with a piece of metal in it. With the folded mesh screen or the pax pusher I almost swear that you get a better session than just using the regular or half pack lid. I really hope Pax labs comes out with an oven lid that has a retractable metal screen (spring loaded?) that automatically adjusts and tamps down the herb. @Ojan_at_PAX I will always recommend this :)

Spring loaded ss screen, not plastic, would be perfect!

Also a Pax model with rubberized surface for the Outdoor types.
With maybe 2 8mm bands around it for non slip and the Honner harmonica zipper case with no logo on it.

Ps: How is the new raised mouthpiece design?
I just remove the metal piece in the middle and used a hole punch to make a round hole in the middle, plugged the two side holes and either used it that way or I have used a small 10 mm long wood or glass tube to draw through.
Even the Vapman wood mouthpice fits fine.
Use your finger to turn it on

pdx3325

Sent my Pax 3 in for warranty repairs yesterday. Hopefully they can diagnose the issue quickly and get it turned around.

I had one session with it before it wouldn't come on regularly. I am looking forward to getting to know it a bit better once it's working.

pdx3325,

Ojan_at_PAX

Social Media Manager @ PAX
Company Rep
Maybe @Ojan_at_PAX can weigh in.

From your experience, maybe grind and whether the load is tamped made the difference. I honestly never needed to stir in either pax, but almost never filled the oven.

Btw, have you seen Buzz Danklin's pax3 review at vaporizerwizard.com? That may help you

I think packing the oven super firmly will affect this the most. I've never really noticed a need to stir unless I have a short session on a lower temp, but as long as the oven is tightly packed then the heat will penetrate the material more effectively, cooking through to the center.

Ojan_at_PAX,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

toked23

@Ojan_at_PAX
@BuzzDanklin

Either of you know or anyone know if the pax is heating up while the app is connected? Just wondering if I'm heating up the meds while I'm messing with this app

Last edited:
toked23,

BuzzDanklin

@toked23 Yes it will begin heating the oven. Although if you click through the heat settings until you get to the blue petals, that will turn the oven off.

BuzzDanklin,

lemmeadem

Just got my Pax 3 this morning, finished my first session - first impressions: Awesome.

I really think this device deserves comparison to the Grasshopper (I've used it extensively through friends) in terms of session time on Boost Mode and how quickly it gets your material extracted - it feels very much like conduction on-demand (plus a few seconds heatup) and it's thoroughly impressive. I wasn't the biggest fan of the Pax 2 for around the house and ended up selling it to a friend in favour of using my Air but I really think this is going to knock the Air off the throne for battery conduction (my Omni is my miracle conduction vape - butane), if at a small disadvantage to flavor.

It's fantastic how thoroughly the oven heats compared to the earlier Pax's, as well, the load coming through a beautifully even deep coffee color at 3 petals in less than a minute (I must say, I was eager to test the heat-up time) and being mostly spent. For reference, the load size was around two Solo stems worth of material. If I was doing that session in the Air it would've taken twenty to do just that and I can't speak to level of medication being any less than the Air (if anything, the signature on the Pax is a little more heady).

The price premium is brutal but, in this case (if not in previous generation's cases), it IS worth it. I also enjoy using the app, as well, as contrarian as that sounds. It's simple and stupid and totally unnecessary and I hate it but it's fun and light-hearted and kind of whimsical. >.> I'm already really attached to this little fucker.

On the subject of the finish I prefer the 2's finish.

b0

Cloudy...
Just got my Pax 3 this morning, finished my first session - first impressions: Awesome.

I really think this device deserves comparison to the Grasshopper (I've used it extensively through friends) in terms of session time on Boost Mode and how quickly it gets your material extracted - it feels very much like conduction on-demand (plus a few seconds heatup) and it's thoroughly impressive. I wasn't the biggest fan of the Pax 2 for around the house and ended up selling it to a friend in favour of using my Air but I really think this is going to knock the Air off the throne for battery conduction (my Omni is my miracle conduction vape - butane), if at a small disadvantage to flavor.

It's fantastic how thoroughly the oven heats compared to the earlier Pax's, as well, the load coming through a beautifully even deep coffee color at 3 petals in less than a minute (I must say, I was eager to test the heat-up time) and being mostly spent. For reference, the load size was around two Solo stems worth of material. If I was doing that session in the Air it would've taken twenty to do just that and I can't speak to level of medication being any less than the Air (if anything, the signature on the Pax is a little more heady).

The price premium is brutal but, in this case (if not in previous generation's cases), it IS worth it. I also enjoy using the app, as well, as contrarian as that sounds. It's simple and stupid and totally unnecessary and I hate it but it's fun and light-hearted and kind of whimsical. >.> I'm already really attached to this little fucker.

On the subject of the finish I prefer the 2's finish.

Damn dude, this is exactly the review that I didn't want to read :mental:

My Pax 2 served me well on my travels and was a tough vaporizer, I still remember when I dropped it inside a glass of juice and it survived without any problem :o

But at the end of the day it wasn't anything special and the flavour was really meh. As I always said if you give me the design and warranty of the pax with a good flavour (some convection please) that would be my dreamed on the go vape.

And it seems like this Pax 3 gets close to that concept. Maybe a sleeper that no one was expecting? Only time will tell....

b0,

lemmeadem

Damn dude, this is exactly the review that I didn't want to read :mental:

My Pax 2 served me well on my travels and was a tough vaporizer, I still remember when I dropped it inside a glass of juice and it survived without any problem :o

But at the end of the day it wasn't anything special and the flavour was really meh. As I always said if you give me the design and warranty of the pax with a good flavour (some convection please) that would be my dreamed on the go vape.

And it seems like this Pax 3 gets close to that concept. Maybe a sleeper that no one was expecting? Only time will tell....
Glad I have some sway around here. XD But I don't want to up the ante more than deserved - it's a great vape but the vapor quality is still second to the form (although much improved in terms of efficiency!). You're not going to pull hopper clouds out of this vape. You'll get as medicated as you would with a hopper using the same amount of material but you won't have the bowl-long flavour nor instant on demand hits but it comes damn close, the battery is epic as described and it's by far the prettiest vape available plus use is easy and noob friendly. PLUS warranty that outlives some breeds of dog. :) I'm happy I paid full price and I don't say that for much.

EDIT: @Ojan_at_PAX I would love the Pax engineers to do an AMA! Got a few questions to ask like the rest regarding temperature control and oven lid design - what's your opinion on the NewVape accessories/their opinions?

Last edited:
lemmeadem,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

Ojan_at_PAX

Social Media Manager @ PAX
Company Rep
EDIT: @Ojan_at_PAX I would love the Pax engineers to do an AMA! Got a few questions to ask like the rest regarding temperature control and oven lid design - what's your opinion on the NewVape accessories/their opinions?

You may not have to wait long! Trying to get one scheduled for later this month and will update y'all. As far as my opinion on NewVape accessories - they're nice and I can see why others like them, but they feel unnecessary to me for a good experience.

In other news, I'm excited to announce that the Limited Edition Rose Gold PAX 3 is now available on pax.com! US only right now, but more updates on availability in other countries to come.

lemmeadem

Just a tip for any lurkers - lately when dosing low I've been throwing an extra screen or three on top of the load to help conduct more heat to the load and it works a charm for very small doses due to the increase in draw resistance making the vapor pretty thick and quick.

Also - set to Flavor at 420° and enjoy near on-demand hits that last a time and taste great.

lemmeadem,
Reactions: Jill NYC

natural farmer

Guys? Is there a rattling in production models like VC mentioned in his early Pax³ review?

I had tried the first Pax and wasn't my cup of tea but since the Vapman and the Vapcap I have a sweet tooth for on -demand conduction and I don't know if I will be able to get one eventually but the Pax³ is looking so sweet right now... Heat on-demand FTW!!!

lemmeadem

Guys? Is there a rattling in production models like VC mentioned in his early Pax³ review?

I had tried the first Pax and wasn't my cup of tea but since the Vapman and the Vapcap I have a sweet tooth for on -demand conduction and I don't know if I will be able to get one eventually but the Pax³ is looking so sweet right now... Heat on-demand FTW!!!
I've never heard a rattle although when the bottom lid doesn't sit flush, if I haven't packed the load properly, it will click and clack as it moves. I HAVE heard the ticking of the oven as it cycles but it's very quiet and you'd have to raise it to your ear to hear.

As of late I've really been trying to lower my dosage in this sucker and it seems to do well with 0.05g when sandwiched between screens and drawn on during heat up.

You may not have to wait long! Trying to get one scheduled for later this month and will update y'all. As far as my opinion on NewVape accessories - they're nice and I can see why others like them, but they feel unnecessary to me for a good experience.

In other news, I'm excited to announce that the Limited Edition Rose Gold PAX 3 is now available on pax.com! US only right now, but more updates on availability in other countries to come.
Bring on the thunder! :D

I really do feel that the limited temp range is a significant misstep and would be curious to see if Pax engineers had thought of giving the oven lid a stainless plate to nullify the conduction-attributed cold spot on the top of the load where the lid sits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom