• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

PAX 3 by PAX Labs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Me2

Q and A time! Mainly PAX 3 answers and more are coming, especially for Era and the App. I'll continue to relay your thoughts.

How does PAX 3 compare to PAX 2 and the original?

Click on "Compare Devices" on the PAX 3 product page for details.

PAX 3: and Era: Are pre-orders available?

We won't be doing pre-orders this time around.

I just bought a PAX 2. Can I return it? Is there an exchange program? What about through warranty services?

At this time there is no exchange program that involves PAX 3 or PAX Era. PAX 2 warranties where a replacement is deemed necessary will be fulfilled with the same model. If you had purchased your PAX 2 directly from our website, please see our return policy. If purchased from another website or local shop, it falls under their return policy so please check with them. Our PAX Pro's are happy to answer any questions about this as well, so reach out to them here.

How are PAX 3 and Era different when it comes to concentrates?

PAX 3 is a loose-leaf vaporizer utilizing conduction heating. The included concentrate insert for PAX 3 works well with a variety of stickier concentrates, and gives amazing results when a very small amount is loaded. In contrast, Era is designed with a wick and coil construction and only works with Era Pods, which have been sold to Bloom Farms in California and The Clinic in Colorado.

PAX 3: What are the size differences for the oven dimensions?

The oven holds about 0.35 grams of ground flower material. The Half Pack oven lid (included with purchase), let's you use about 0.17 grams of material in the oven. These amounts may vary with moisture content and level of grind, but not by much.

PAX 3: What are the temperature ranges?

Same as PAX 2. The default temp settings are 360, 380, 400, and 420ºF. Just like PAX 2, PAX 3's temperature ranges are adjustable through the device interface, using the ON / OFF button and does not require the app. Additionally, once set with the app, a custom temperature selection will be available as the fifth temp selection in temperature setting mode.

PAX 3: Will the app give full temperature control to the user?

The app allows selection of a custom temperature in 1ºF increments. Additionally, it allows for the selection of dynamic modes that change how much and how fast the device automatically cools and boosts oven temp based on lip presence and motion sensing. This allows users to make tradeoffs between vapor production, flavor preservation, and battery utilization while keeping the device at their preferred temperature.

PAX 3: Will most PAX 2 accessories work with the PAX 3? Specifically chargers and mouth pieces?

Accessories between PAX 2 and PAX 3 are compatible, including oven lids and screens, mouthpieces and chargers.

PAX 3: I had some issues with my PAX 2. Did you address any with PAX 3?

Feedback from our community has always played a central role in the development and design of our products from the original PAX device to PAX 3 and Era. As part of this continual improvement process we've made over 25 design updates from PAX 2 to PAX 3.

PAX 3: Are all of the colors that super glossy finish?

All colors come in a high-polish for a sophisticated look and feel - while you may decide to buff it occasionally, this certainly isn't a requirement. Plus, the anodization process makes the outer shell extremely durable, so all it take is a quick wipe to get rid of any fingerprints.

PAX 3: How does the concentrate canister work? Do you need to load and clean after every use? How is vapor quality compared to flowers?

Unlike other oil pens where the coil/ heater will burn the material and require regular cleaning, our oven is much gentler on the material and doesn't overheat it. Unless you want to minimize flavor cross over, you can just reload it with more material. You can clean more often obviously, but every 5-10 uses is totally fine. Vapor is generally thicker than flower. Always remember to load a very small amount for best results.

App: Does the app cost 59.99?

No. The PAX Vapor App can be downloaded for free. It will be available for iOS and Android smartphones.

More to come!
Thanks Ojan!

I looked at the compare devices page and saw that the exterior dimensions are the same for the pax2 and pax3. Are the ovens the same size and shape? Is the air path the same diameter? Is there any difference in airflow / restrictiveness between the two?

And any info on the pax air? Is it convection? Is it due for release anytime soon?

vapeape77

420F for wax sounds too low for full extraction to me, like the Mighty and others. Gonna wait a few months till some dabber peeps weigh in on it. I do like the 15 sec heat up, main reason to get Pax 3 for flower, but my vape shelf is pretty full.....

Ojan_at_PAX

Social Media Manager @ PAX
Company Rep
420F for wax sounds too low for full extraction to me, like the Mighty and others. Gonna wait a few months till some dabber peeps weigh in on it. I do like the 15 sec heat up, main reason to get Pax 3 for flower, but my vape shelf is pretty full.....

Can't wait for reviews! Load a small amount, step up to the highest setting, and it's a wonderful experience :)

Justpassedu

Can't wait for reviews! Load a small amount, step up to the highest setting, and it's a wonderful experience :)
Ojan any info you can provide on the Pax Air ? Looks small and cool . Is it same concept as the pax 2 only smaller with less battery life ? I don't see a thread on it yet , maybe you'd like to start 1 up.

Justpassedu,
Reactions: King_Bob

PAX 2 THE FUTURE

Q and A time! Mainly PAX 3 answers and more are coming, especially for Era and the App. I'll continue to relay your thoughts.

I just bought a PAX 2. Can I return it? Is there an exchange program? What about through warranty services?

At this time there is no exchange program that involves PAX 3 or PAX Era. PAX 2 warranties where a replacement is deemed necessary will be fulfilled with the same model. If you had purchased your PAX 2 directly from our website, please see our return policy. If purchased from another website or local shop, it falls under their return policy so please check with them. Our PAX Pro's are happy to answer any questions about this as well, so reach out to them here.

PAX 3 is a loose-leaf vaporizer utilizing conduction heating. The included concentrate insert for PAX 3 works well with a variety of stickier concentrates, and gives amazing results when a very small amount is loaded. In contrast, Era is designed with a wick and coil construction and only works with Era Pods, which have been sold to Bloom Farms in California and The Clinic in Colorado.

The oven holds about 0.35 grams of ground flower material. The Half Pack oven lid (included with purchase), let's you use about 0.17 grams of material in the oven. These amounts may vary with moisture content and level of grind, but not by much.

Same as PAX 2. The default temp settings are 360, 380, 400, and 420ºF. Just like PAX 2, PAX 3's temperature ranges are adjustable through the device interface, using the ON / OFF button and does not require the app. Additionally, once set with the app, a custom temperature selection will be available as the fifth temp selection in temperature setting mode.

The app allows selection of a custom temperature in 1ºF increments. Additionally, it allows for the selection of dynamic modes that change how much and how fast the device automatically cools and boosts oven temp based on lip presence and motion sensing. This allows users to make tradeoffs between vapor production, flavor preservation, and battery utilization while keeping the device at their preferred temperature.

PAX 3: Will most PAX 2 accessories work with the PAX 3? Specifically chargers and mouth pieces?

Accessories between PAX 2 and PAX 3 are compatible, including oven lids and screens, mouthpieces and chargers.

Feedback from our community has always played a central role in the development and design of our products from the original PAX device to PAX 3 and Era. As part of this continual improvement process we've made over 25 design updates from PAX 2 to PAX 3.

All colors come in a high-polish for a sophisticated look and feel - while you may decide to buff it occasionally, this certainly isn't a requirement. Plus, the anodization process makes the outer shell extremely durable, so all it take is a quick wipe to get rid of any fingerprints.

PAX 3: How does the concentrate canister work? Do you need to load and clean after every use? How is vapor quality compared to flowers?

Unlike other oil pens where the coil/ heater will burn the material and require regular cleaning, our oven is much gentler on the material and doesn't overheat it. Unless you want to minimize flavor cross over, you can just reload it with more material. You can clean more often obviously, but every 5-10 uses is totally fine. Vapor is generally thicker than flower. Always remember to load a very small amount for best results.

No. The PAX Vapor App can be downloaded for free. It will be available for iOS and Android smartphones.

More to come!

Did you upgrade the button? I must have sent back 3 Pax 1s for it and now im getting ready to send back my 2nd Pax 2 for another busted button. I seem to see I kill the pax 2 button in about 8 months time with heavy use.

PAX 2 THE FUTURE,
Reactions: BuzzDanklin

Ojan_at_PAX

Company Rep
Ojan any info you can provide on the Pax Air ? Looks small and cool . Is it same concept as the pax 2 only smaller with less battery life ? I don't see a thread on it yet , maybe you'd like to start 1 up.

No news to share on that.

Did you upgrade the button? I must have sent back 3 Pax 1s for it and now im getting ready to send back my 2nd Pax 2 for another busted button. I seem to see I kill the pax 2 button in about 8 months time with heavy use.

I don't think we've ever shared specifics but I'll see if I can get a more detailed answer on what's changed between 2 and 3. Odds are low, but I'll do my best! I can say that our engineers were very aware of the trouble you've experienced with the button, though.

Hoodooguru23

More to come!
As a committed Paxosaurus very happy to hear about several key features: quick heat up, extra power, half oven. Relieved to hear that you change temps on the P3 and not thru the app like the Firefly 2. I guess it's cool that there's a 5th custom temp but customizing 4 settings that you change on the P3 would be much more useful. Also wish you could see what temp its at without having to go into level mode. But no biggie.

I do wish the button was easier to press and the draw a little easier especially after a little use between cleanings. Easier to clean too, please!

But overall loved the 1 and 2 and will probably love my 3. Although the Air... Hmmmm.

Shieldsab

Are Pax going to give Canada a bit more of a fair deal with the 3? The 2 seems pretty hard to find up here, and where it can be found prices are way high.

Last edited:
Shieldsab,

snorcan

Stay charged, my friends
Speaking of your canadian customers, does Pax ship from a Canadian warehouse or from the US? And is shipping to Canada free? Just want to avoid those pesky duty charges...

Vitolo

Vaporist
Many herbal vapes have wax inserts, but the point is to do the wax in many lighter hits over a small session, rather than dab experience.
Examples are the MFLB concentrate tray and the Haze "oil can".. there are others also.
You can do the "wax (dab) session" over a dozen hits.

HighSeasSailor

Awesome. Just about everything I wished for, granted, and compatability with existing Pax 2 accessories as well.

Any plans for additional finishes in the future?

HighSeasSailor,

wm762

Product Tester / Reviewer
glad i did not purchase pax 2 ! pax 3 looks interesting! about time they are in are in the extract market

b0

Cloudy...
If the 15 seconds are real (and not only for lower temp) and it works properly with concentrates (don't want to worry about leakings and all that) I will buy one for sure. If not I will just stick with my FF2.

I mean, I sold my Pax 2 to buy the FF2, will do the same for the Pax 3 if it offers me what I need. It's always cool to have a conduction vape in rotation :)

jm1878

Hi Ojan_at_PAX ! Everything looks good but will there be any "pods" or "Pre-loadable Bullets" in the near future for the PAX 3? IT's the only problem I have with portable vaporizers :(

Thanks !! :D

More to come!

VapePenPro

If the 15 seconds are real (and not only for lower temp) and it works properly with concentrates (don't want to worry about leakings and all that) I will buy one for sure. If not I will just stick with my FF2.

I mean, I sold my Pax 2 to buy the FF2, will do the same for the Pax 3 if it offers me what I need. It's always cool to have a conduction vape in rotation :)

Agreed! A new conduction in rotation would be nice. I've been vaping on the FF2 now for a few weeks. The FF2 is nice but for the price i'd bet on the PAX 3 (if the 15 heat time is for real).

b0

Cloudy...
Agreed! A new conduction in rotation would be nice. I've been vaping on the FF2 now for a few weeks. The FF2 is nice but for the price i'd bet on the PAX 3 (if the 15 heat time is for real).

For me it also depends in how good it is with concentrates, FF2 is one of the best for sure!

Pretty excited about the Pax3 tho, I really like the design and quality of the Pax2 and this seems to bring everything I missed in it.

VapePenPro

For me it also depends in how good it is with concentrates, FF2 is one of the best for sure!

Pretty excited about the Pax3 tho, I really like the design and quality of the Pax2 and this seems to bring everything I missed in it.

In terms of concentrates, I am a little concerned with the 420F max temp on the PAX3. I typically like to be over 500F at least but hey, im open minded. ;)

VapePenPro,
Reactions: b0

Ojan_at_PAX

Company Rep
More Q and A!

PAX 3: Any changes to airflow?

Like it's predecessor, PAX 3 uses temperature controlled conduction heating to vaporize your material. We recommend gentle, sip-like draws to pull the vapor from the oven through a sealed, surgical-grade, stainless steel air path. It's normal to feel a tiny bit of air restriction in the draw, which helps to create rich, consistent vapor.

PAX 3: What's this concentrate insert?

The concentrate insert has a precision CNC machined aluminum oven - no messy or sticky steel pads. Material is safe from escaping no matter what orientation you use it in. And the aluminum allows for the quickest possible thermal transfer, which means a super fast heat-up.

PAX 3: Is it still primarily conduction?

Yes. Pax 3's use of lip and motion sensing automatically cool and boost oven temperatures offers significant performance over other conduction vaporizers that only hold the heater at one consistent temperature. Auto-cooling preserves your material when you're not drawing from the device. Lip presence gives a quick temperature boost to ensure consistent vapor production during back-to-back draws from the device.

Era: Are these pods refillable by users?

PAX Era pods are not refillable and designed to be used only once. Attempting to refill Era pods may cause damage to your device not covered under the 1 Year Ltd Warranty.

Era: Is it possible to get empty pods to fill myself?

Only pre-filled cartridges are available at retail locations in California and Colorado wherever devices are sold.

Era: Is there any sort of adjustable t°/watts/volt?

All PAX devices feature algorithm controlled heating. Temperature control is the ideal way to deliver consistent performance and flavor for a wide variety of material. Era heats using 8W regardless of battery charge until the coil reaches the preselected target temperature. At that point, the voltage applied to the nichrome heater is automatically regulated throughout your session.

Era: What kind of wick does it use?

The Era pod utilizes a single 2mm silica wick, but both ends of the wick are submerged for maximum wicking and performance with a full range of oil viscosities. Many other cartridges use only single-ended wick which dries out quickly after multiple puffs.

Era: What are the battery specs?

The Era device features a 240 mAh Lithium-ion rechargeable battery. Time to full charge is approximately 45 minutes via USB.

Working on some more Era and App questions now. Stay tuned!

Shieldsab

Reading more about issues with the company in Canada, I've pretty much lost all interest. A shame, because this looked like a reliable, stealthy quick-heating device with quite a decent sized battery. Would've even settled for a pax 2, but I think I'll take my $ elsewhere.

Good luck to those that get this vape.

Shieldsab,

snorcan

Stay charged, my friends
What are these issues in Canada of which you speak? Curious as I'm interested in this pax 3. So many new vape options coming!!

snorcan,

Shieldsab

What are these issues in Canada of which you speak? Curious as I'm interested in this pax 3. So many new vape options coming!!
Very little support, ships from the US so you'll get hit with a customs bill along with whatever you pay for shipping. They don't seem to want to work with vape shops here. Vaporizers.ca especially seems to have a bad relationship with them. I do see the original Pax and Pax 2 on PlanetVape, however.

Shieldsab,

Ojan_at_PAX

Company Rep
Very little support, ships from the US so you'll get hit with a customs bill along with whatever you pay for shipping. They don't seem to want to work with vape shops here. Vaporizers.ca especially seems to have a bad relationship with them. I do see the original Pax and Pax 2 on PlanetVape, however.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with us! If you have a support case open, or previously had one, feel free to message me the case number or email address so I can take a look.

We ship all CA orders from our warehouse in Delta, BC. The price seen at checkout is the final price anyone would pay. I'd like to learn a bit more if you had to pay any extra fees after ordering from our website.

I'm not able to confirm the authorized status of those two websites, but I'll be letting our team know so they can follow up.

Last edited:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
@Ojan_at_PAX is the pax3 going to shine in the concentrate department? Or will it continue the line of dual purpose Vaporizers that only really work well for one element over the other?

Also will there be improvements to lower the odor emitted by the pax?

Also are not having refillable cartridges for the Era a legality issue or a partnership perk?

Would be nice to have a pax labs true dab unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom