PAX 3 by PAX Labs

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnyEnglish_CZ

And maybe a touch higher. Like a 450 or 460 top-off for oils.

I'm worried that 420 is the max temperature allowed by a hardware limitation - max safe temperature for a device so it won't overheat even after longer session (they would need to upgrade the isolation or cooling to make sure your PAX won't break).

On the other hand: lower temp can be surely achieved with just firmware update :)

PS: if they are really going to update it because of my recommendation, this only further shows quality of their service and product. 12/10 satisfaction

Last edited:

rsqemt911

I'm worried that 420 is the max temperature allowed by a hardware limitation - max safe temperature for a device so it won't overheat even after longer session (they would need to upgrade the isolation or cooling to make sure your PAX won't break).

On the other hand: lower temp can be surely achieved with just firmware update :)

PS: if they are really going to update it because of my recommendation, this only further shows quality of their service and product. 12/10 satisfaction

Good point. That is a possibility.

rsqemt911,

kuzko

Just got a black Pax 3 yesterday. So far, pretty awesome device. I knew the flower oven would be top notch from previously owning a Pax 1 and 2, but what surprises me is the concentrate attachment. This thing stretches my concentrate like crazy. It's low temp dabbing at its finest. I've put one glob in the oven and have had 4-5 sessions and there's still a good amount left. The fact that the attachment sticks out the bottom is a little wonky but whatever. The app is sweet with the custom temps, don't mind 420 being the high, that's the temp I use on concentrates and then crank it down for flower. May be too many different modes and light settings is my only tiny criticism. Overall, very happy with this conduction vape even tho I'm a convection person.

sNc

Anyone have any experience with the New Vape accessories for Pax? I'm intrigued by the after market oven screen and vented/pusher lids.

sNc,

Mr. Me2

Anyone have any experience with the New Vape accessories for Pax? I'm intrigued by the after market oven screen and vented/pusher lids.
I use the pusher with my pax2. Works great and I recommend it.

Mr. Me2,
Reactions: sNc

sNc

Is that the non vented version? It's probably my only real niggle with the device these days is that the top of the load isn't properly cooked and requires a stir.

sNc,

Mr. Me2

Is that the non vented version? It's probably my only real niggle with the device these days is that the top of the load isn't properly cooked and requires a stir.
Yes, non vented. Load cooked through and no stirring necessary. Honestly, I don't know what the vented one looks like.

Mr. Me2,

toked23

Ok guys, lets get some info about how your PAX 3s are working!

Got mine 5 months ago, vaping 1-2g per day, on weekends its working nonstop

no issues at all

End.

:D

Ha, no where near the use yours gets, but mine works fantastic. So much faster than the pax2, not as smelly I don't think, and seems more efficient also. I still stir a little to get a good cook in but otherwise it's simple. Doesn't seem to get as dirty as the pax2 either..

ChaiLifeOR

About 2 months in. No problems thus far, except for a couple times when the device has decided to lock itself. Oh and I had to file a warranty claim for a new half pack lid because the magnet on the one that came with my machine broke after about a month, but the one I got back has been redesigned and works much better. Not sure how much I like the lock feature but my opinion would likely be different if I had kids or shady roommates. Was using it 5-6 times a day but I bought my second MFLB last week and have been mostly relearning that, so my Pax 3 has only gotten about 5 uses this week. Regardless, I'm 100% happy with it, and the only major(possible) change I'd like to see to the app is the ability to vape at below 360.

JohnyEnglish_CZ

Oh and I had to file a warranty claim for a new half pack lid because the magnet on the one that came with my machine broke after about a month, but the one I got back has been redesigned and works much better. ........................... change I'd like to see to the app is the ability to vape at below 360.

yeah, forgot to mention that my half-pack lid broke 2 times already (the magnets fell off) the last one works great so no problems with the unit so far (only the lid got replaced in like 2 days so i don't really care :D )

Yeah, they are already working on a update to unlock temps below 360 (look on page 17 on the bottom from @Ojan_at_PAX )

JCharles

FC 06/06/2017 | ACMPR 26/07/2017
I like the Pax 3 but the maintenance vs my Solo II is brutal. I need to clean this thing every week.

Huge clouds and the flavour lasts up to Orange before things get toasty. It heats up really quick and damn it's beautiful. But that maintenance.

I would like to be able to adjust the timing of the various settings with a fully customizable setting in the app.

Awesome vape!

Last edited:

Mr. Me2

I like the Pax 3 but the maintenance vs my Solo II is brutal. I need to clean this thing every week.

It heats up really quick and damn it's beautiful. But that maintenance.
Welcome @JCharles !

And thanks for your perspective and info. I have the pax2 and didn't find the needed maintenance that bad. But that was after my pax1, with TERRIBLE maintenance issues.

Based on my usage, I could go for weeks without having to do a major cleaning. Otherwise, I'd basically just scrape out the oven between loads and make sure my pusher was clean.

Do you need more? Do you use concentrates?

JCharles

Welcome @JCharles !

And thanks for your perspective and info. I have the pax2 and didn't find the needed maintenance that bad. But that was after my pax1, with TERRIBLE maintenance issues.

Based on my usage, I could go for weeks without having to do a major cleaning. Otherwise, I'd basically just scrape out the oven between loads and make sure my pusher was clean.

Do you need more? Do you use concentrates?

Maybe I'm cleaning it more than I need to. Could someone post a pic of an oven that should be cleaned, I do want to maintain/preserve flavour up to Orange.

I haven't ever really noticed the draw path collecting to much. It's more the oven and under the mouth piece. The raised lip mouth piece also collects some honey in the air path.

Ok guys, lets get some info about how your PAX 3s are working!

Got mine 5 months ago, vaping 1-2g per day, on weekends its working nonstop

no issues at all

End.

:D

It has a big oven, so I end up using larger loads (not a fan of the half pack). Other than that it hits like a beast, huge clouds, awesome design and simple enough my dog could use it.

As a daily driver, for me, the battery needs to be larger. Even if that meant a larger unit. With the plug in charger, charge times are very quick and that helps some.

The app is a nice touch, but I can't be bothered using it. I like the traditional temp and cool down settings. I could extend the life of an oven load using the app but it's not really a big concern for me.

Can't speak highly enough of the multi tool. My favourite pack/scrape accessory of all time.

Last edited by a moderator:
JCharles,

rsqemt911

It has a big oven, so I end up using larger loads (not a fan of the half pack). Other than that it hits like a beast, huge clouds, awesome design and simple enough my dog could use it.

As a daily driver, for me, the battery needs to be larger. Even if that meant a larger unit. With the plug in charger, charge times are very quick and that helps some.

The app is a nice touch, but I can't be bothered using it. I like the traditional temp and cool down settings. I could extend the life of an oven load using the app but it's not really a big concern for me.

Can't speak highly enough of the multi tool. My favourite pack/scrape accessory of all time.

I've been using the concentrate lid to pack
My loads and the tool to empty the oven.

rsqemt911,

Mr. Me2

Maybe I'm cleaning it more than I need to. Could someone post a pic of an oven that should be cleaned, I do want to maintain/preserve flavour up to Orange.

I haven't ever really noticed the draw path collecting to much. It's more the oven and under the mouth piece. The raised lip mouth piece also collects some honey in the air path.
I agree that buildup is more in the mouthpiece (I prefer the flat) and in the oven, around the edges of the pax screen (and the screen itself; I give that a good ISO soak too), and nearest the air path.

Mr. Me2,

ChaiLifeOR

Huge clouds and the flavour lasts up to Orange before things get toasty. It heats up really quick and damn it's beautiful. But that maintenance.

I would like to be able to adjust the timing of the various settings with a fully customizable setting in the app.

Awesome vape!
The maintenance is a dream in comparison to my original Pax. At the rate I smoke, that required daily cleaning. The weekly 5 minute ritual doesn't bother me at all coming from that. It's definitely maintenance heavy in comparison to a lot of other vapes, but considering the fact that you're getting desktop level power and battery life in such a small package, along with the ability to vape shatter, I can't complain. My Pax 3 and MFLB with power adapter(soon to include the Orbiter, which with the right adapters is p much the ultimate water piece for both vapes,) have proven to me that size doesn't really mean much when it comes to vapes. Yeah I'd like to get something convection one day if I can ever afford it, but I'm pretty ok with what I have.

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
SO, I bought the original when it came out and have been using it ever since. The only thing I don't really like about it is the charger. That said, I was up in Boston for Dead & Co. and after checking into the hotel, I went to charge the Pax a bit and the cradle part of the charger was missing. Yea, I can get another, but I took it as a sign. Time for a new one!

So, I start looking. The Pax 3 is pretty expensive. The concentrate adapter seems to get mixed reviews. Easily scratches? The Pax 2 is cheaper- but really not by much. If I spend $200 or $275, it doesn't make much of a difference to me. But, being as cheap as I am, I am tempted to buy a Pax 2 on Ebay for less than $100. I KNOW Pax does not honor warranty for those, and I know some are knock-offs.

So those are my options. Getting back to Ebay, I feel that as long as it is an authentic, sealed Pax, I'm OK without the warranty. If it shits the bed at that price, so be it. I also use a pen for concentrates, so if the 3 really isn't solid in that area, I don't really need it.

I'd love to hear opinions on this. Also, does anyone know a particular Ebay seller that has legit Pax 2's for less than $100? I plan on buying a new one before Lockn' (end of August), replacing the lost Pax 1 cradle, and gifting it to my friend when I get to Virginia :)

Mr. Me2

I'm a little surprised nobody chimed in.

Personally, I'd vote against getting a vape from a non-authorized retailer. If the price is too good to be true, there's likely a reason for it. And that could put your health or safety at risk.

I'd sooner look for a used one on the fc classifieds. Or get the pax2. Great value and a solid vape, even if it doesn't heat up as fast as the pax3.

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Thanks, man! Yea I agree. The only way I would go the Ebay route is if I KNEW they were legit and not clones.

Tstat,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

blackstone

The concentrate adapter seems to get mixed reviews. Easily scratches? The Pax 2 is cheaper- but really not by much. If I spend $200 or $275, it doesn't make much of a difference to me.

It's not much of a price difference at all, and if you add a half pack lid for the Pax 2 there's even less difference. The Pax 3 already comes with a half pack lid.

I didn't really need the concentrate insert but the other benefits are attractive too and might work for you out at festivals and things.
As the battery run time is further improved in Pax 3, also the heat up time is really fast. And I think vibration when ready is new too.
The raised MP runs cooler than before and you can set a custom temp in the app I believe.
Plus it has advanced lip/motion sensing combined with temperature control to cook the load less between draws and extend flavor.

If you don't like the insert you could sell that and it's certain a Pax 2 owner will buy it!
Or if you're sure your pen is enough just sell the insert unused.
You might find some uses for it, I find it works good in my light, limited use in that department, comparable to a Volcano with liquid pad for me, except portable!

I got a black Pax 3 and I keep it in a pouch when not in use and the finish is holding up fine.
I did wonder if it's possible the shiny finish could transfer warmth to your lips easier than the matte of the Pax 2 but it's not actually a problem and I like the look and feel of my Pax 3 in black, even though part of me wanted a gold one too!
If you're lucky you might find somewhere that will give 10% off!

I'm sure the Pax 2 would also impress but you could be thankful of the upgrades of the 3 quite often, or when you need them most. It really is a device you can charge up, take somewhere and not be worried about a charger or batteries for a good while.

I've jotted down a lot of thoughts about my Pax 3 and I really like the unit, just have to get round to condensing it and posting it up here as a sort of review.
It gives me a new appreciation for the people who do reviews and the efforts involved to give all those opinions that make sense!

JCharles

My Pax 2/3 end caps from delta3dstudios.com arrived today. For anyone interested in reducing smell from your Pax 3 (or 2) when not in use, these are a must.

I can see that they will help to keep your Pax 3 scratches to a minimum as a bonus. The slightly raised edge from the caps keeps the unit from touching a flat surface. I imagine it helps in the same way a raised bezel on a phone case protects from surface wear.

The shipping is a bit much for my liking - so I added an extra pair of caps (should have also opted for the Pax 3 water pipe adapter).

The caps come up far enough to cover the serial number on my Pax 3 which is unsettling. I don't want to wear away the number with my caps. Only advice is to keep them snug but not jammed onto your Pax and it shouldn't be an issue.

6jczcw.jpg

blackstone

I made a taco style screen for use under my half pack lid and it works nice! Can now have a quarter pack and the performance is great.
Pax 2 people used to make these before half pack lids and pushers were around, but they work real well keeping a load compressed. It seems to help clouds.

I found the other day that a Pax half pack is about equal to a full S&B capsule, so being well able to do a quarter pack is great too.

My Pax 2/3 end caps from delta3dstudios.com arrived today. For anyone interested in reducing smell from your Pax 3 (or 2) when not in use, these are a must.

I can see that they will help to keep your Pax 3 scratches to a minimum as a bonus. The slightly raised edge from the caps keeps the unit from touching a flat surface. I imagine it helps in the same way a raised bezel on a phone case protects from surface wear.

The shipping is a bit much for my liking - so I added an extra pair of caps (should have also opted for the Pax 3 water pipe adapter).

The caps come up far enough to cover the serial number on my Pax 3 which is unsettling. I don't want to wear away the number with my caps. Only advice is to keep them snug but not jammed onto your Pax and it shouldn't be an issue.

6jczcw.jpg

Nice, and I thought the raised edges might help in that kinda way!
The postage is tough for small orders, but the owner was looking at working with an EU retailer in future to help us better with this.
Sooner the better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom