• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Pax 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I'm about to take the plunge here. Had PAX 1, and really hated cleaning it. From what I read that's solved. I'm most concerned with herb efficiency. I can get about 20 hits off .1 g, in my current daily driver. Does this oven really hold 2grams? If so, that should be a LONG session (asking)???

Bravesst,

Mr. Me2

I'm about to take the plunge here. Had PAX 1, and really hated cleaning it. From what I read that's solved. I'm most concerned with herb efficiency. I can get about 20 hits off .1 g, in my current daily driver. Does this oven really hold 2grams? If so, that should be a LONG session (asking)???
You can put in smaller loads. Just put a folded screen on top or buy the pusher (from New Vape, I think).

Mr. Me2,

Justpassedu

Bravesst i have 1 and like it allot. I know you are a huge Arizer air fan so ill give some results between the twop for you. I would say the air def conserves more. The p2 does hold allot more though in the oven , not sure if its 2g's but a good amount. Its smaller and the battery lasts allot longer. It is a great vape for on the go. It is pickier imo than the air with material . Def needs to be nice and dry and packed super tight in the oven. That always yields me a great session. I usually get a good 12-20 hits with a full packing depending on material and than i will stop that session , stir, and come back to it for another short session at a higher temp. It is a bit harder to clean than the air. I have not really experimented with smaller loads but do have the pax pusher if i ever need to. The warranty is great at 10 years also and it has a cool factor to it going on like its the apple of vapes. It is small and easy to take around. I think if you give it a chance and practice a bit with it that you will end up really liking it allot. It does need to be cleaned allot more and kinda broken down for cleaning , i would say about 10-15 minutes to get it spotless again when its completely dirty. The lights on it are also awesome and they can do many patterns.

Justpassedu,
Reactions: Volteric

Frodo

As for your Pax2 smelling when not in use…why not buy those bags that seal the 'Herb' so the smell is contained. From what I understand…..don't most "Head Shops" carry these types of bags???

Frodo,

Volteric

My understanding is the chamber holds between .3 and .5 and its def much more efficient than the pax1.

Volteric,

Ojan_at_PAX

Social Media Manager @ PAX
Company Rep
My understanding is the chamber holds between .3 and .5 and its def much more efficient than the pax1.

.2-.3g sounds about right for PAX 2. The oven is a bit smaller than the original PAX. Grind size/packing firmness will dictate but I've personally never emptied a full oven and weighed it. Maybe I should get on that.

Ojan_at_PAX,

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
I've put enough herb in the Pax 2 to just cover the screen and temperature step up to three, and it's lasted me about 30-40 minutes. Idk if it's because I have some really high grade herb, but I would say it's pretty efficient. I've also noticed a lot of people say the solo or air are more efficient but I would say they are on par efficiency wise. You don't have to pack the whole oven, all you need is a folded up pipe screen or the pax pusher, which I've never tried since I'm cheap lol.

Vapetrees,

dfwguy99

I am looking to see how my usage experience compares with others.
I have a Pax2 that I have had for about 6 weeks.. I didn't have a Pax1 but have a MFLB and a GPen Pro. The pax is a lot better to me than the GPen and I don't use my MFLB nearly as much as I used to. I typically pack .2 ground med fine with my fingertip, I don't use a spacer or screen. Seems to fill it up pretty well and I can pop out the brick halfway through and flip it. I start on heat level 1 and can usually get 2 sessions on each setting. For me a session is about 3-4 minutes and about 4-6 draws. I seem to be getting about 2 - 3 ovens out of a charge.

gmaines

My first vape was a MFLB, never could get the hang of it. Then I bought a Pax.... A world of difference and I enjoyed it. Very tedious to clean. Then I bought a Pax 2... A world of difference. Then I purchased a crafty. What a joy. The taste was fantastic. I change off between the Pax 2 and the Crafty.. They are both great. I read that a lot of crafty's are having problems. So I bought a another Pax 2, just for a standby in case. I should be good until I get my grasshopper. I must say that the Pax2 is almost indestructible. It does not fail. The end caps I bought for it work great. No smell. I must say that this forum is great. I have learned so much. Thank you all.

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
Exactly that is why I bought the newvape replacement lid.

We've tested out Vented Oven Lids by soaking them in 90% Iso until the iso evaporated. The Lids looked brand new upon inspection. This is backed up by much data. We prefer titanium and stainless around here @ NewVape, but have to admit this PEEK plastic is pretty incredible.

Justpassedu

I am looking to see how my usage experience compares with others.
I have a Pax2 that I have had for about 6 weeks.. I didn't have a Pax1 but have a MFLB and a GPen Pro. The pax is a lot better to me than the GPen and I don't use my MFLB nearly as much as I used to. I typically pack .2 ground med fine with my fingertip, I don't use a spacer or screen. Seems to fill it up pretty well and I can pop out the brick halfway through and flip it. I start on heat level 1 and can usually get 2 sessions on each setting. For me a session is about 3-4 minutes and about 4-6 draws. I seem to be getting about 2 - 3 ovens out of a charge.
My usage is allot different then yours. I use the p2 for a session almost always. I pack a full oven and start on pedal 2 and usually get around 10-15 nice hits off that , sometimes i will bump up to 3 to end the session. Than i will usually open up , do a stir and start at level 3 and occasionally bump to 4 and i get another session out of that. I than save my abv for some edibles .

Justpassedu,

outwest

Hi FC. Long time canna forum guy. Legal personal grower in the Rockies. HEAVY Pax 2 user and long time vaper. Started with one of those whip/wooden box things, then got a volcano. Liked the Volcano but it was more of appliance and I did not find it super convenient despite how well it works. Bought a Pax 1 and LOVED it but had all the same gripes as everyone else. Pre-ordered the Pax 2 and have been using it for 6 or so months now. LOVE IT! I will smoke 4-6+++ full bowls a day so you could say I'm a heavy user. I'm having the button issue addressed via warranty exchange.

I don't use it in any special way, just grind my weed, pack it tight and full, and vape away. I've never bothered to stir the bowl. Just dump it out when I'm done and use a paper clip to make sure it's thoroughly empty. I find the air flow starts to become noticeably restricted after about 6 bowls. I clean to some degree or another about weekly.

Just ordered all the pieces from @NewVape710 except the pusher. Since I never pack anything less than a full bowl there was no point in that. However, I'm not sure how much the vented lid will do. As an experiment tonight I vaped an oven with the lid off and then on and did not notice much of a different so I'm not sure how much the vented lid will do. I did also order their screen and hope that helps with airflow. Lastly I hope their cleaning tool pushed out a nice blob of claim.

Anyway, I'll keep tabs here. It's super odd for me to be in this forum where everyone smokes but no one grows. I know the terms of use prohibit cultivation discussions, but it's still odd in kind of an alternate universe kinda way.

Anyway, happy vaping.

outwest

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Hi FC. Long time canna forum guy. Legal personal grower in the Rockies. HEAVY Pax 2 user and long time vaper. Started with one of those whip/wooden box things, then got a volcano. Liked the Volcano but it was more of appliance and I did not find it super convenient despite how well it works. Bought a Pax 1 and LOVED it but had all the same gripes as everyone else. Pre-ordered the Pax 2 and have been using it for 6 or so months now. LOVE IT! I will smoke 4-6+++ full bowls a day so you could say I'm a heavy user. I'm having the button issue addressed via warranty exchange.

I don't use it in any special way, just grind my weed, pack it tight and full, and vape away. I've never bothered to stir the bowl. Just dump it out when I'm done and use a paper clip to make sure it's thoroughly empty. I find the air flow starts to become noticeably restricted after about 6 bowls. I clean to some degree or another about weekly.

Just ordered all the pieces from @NewVape710 except the pusher. Since I never pack anything less than a full bowl there was no point in that. However, I'm not sure how much the vented lid will do. As an experiment tonight I vaped an oven with the lid off and then on and did not notice much of a different so I'm not sure how much the vented lid will do. I did also order their screen and hope that helps with airflow. Lastly I hope their cleaning tool pushed out a nice blob of claim.

Anyway, I'll keep tabs here. It's super odd for me to be in this forum where everyone smokes but no one grows. I know the terms of use prohibit cultivation discussions, but it's still odd in kind of an alternate universe kinda way.

Anyway, happy vaping.

outwest
Welcome, #outwest.
We look forward to hearing your input and learning from your experience.
I can only hope that one day soon I'll have need for lots of 'personal growth' information, if I may call it that!. Grows I've done in the past have yielded as much paranoia as product, given the backwards ass place I happen to live.

My habits seem to be approximately on par with yours (about, uh all day long ?) and I have a Pax2 that I think is great, but also a Mighty, and I do prefer it over the Pax2, overall. For the Pax2, I have only the pusher and none of the other NewVape stuff! I feel I get better extraction doing two half-bowls rather than one full, so it's not conservation of material that I'm doing it for, rather some richer hits. Interesting that somehow my choice of NewVape items is the exact inverse of your selection. Different strokes...

vapviking,

buddhaholic420

Grand master-vaper
I am having this weird issue with the button on the pax 2 again. Last time it happened support replaced right away, but 3 months later and again the button is having issues. I have to remove the mouthpiece and press really hard to get it to turn on. I am wondering if others have had this issue. Sorry I have not read through 40 pages of this discussion.

buddhaholic420,

Mr. Me2

I haven't had that issue, but I recall reading others with that problem (but it may have been your earlier posts). I'm sure @Ojan_at_PAX will take care of you!

Mr. Me2,

wilf789

Non-combustion-convert
So the oven screen on my PAX 2 (only 1 month old) was really loose, fell out a few times already, but this time I was dumping my AVB out the window and the screen came out with it - I live in a high-rise building so the chances of finding it again are zero... :(

Has anyone made a DIY oven screen before?
It's essentially just to cover the airway hole right?
Would using kitchen foil work perhaps? Only until I can buy a new one that is - but I'd really like to vape this eve and stores are already closed here!

wilf789,

Mr. Me2

So the oven screen on my PAX 2 (only 1 month old) was really loose, fell out a few times already, but this time I was dumping my AVB out the window and the screen came out with it - I live in a high-rise building so the chances of finding it again are zero... :(

Has anyone made a DIY oven screen before?
It's essentially just to cover the airway hole right?
Would using kitchen foil work perhaps? Only until I can buy a new one that is - but I'd really like to vape this eve and stores are already closed here!
I don't think foil will work because you need the scallops on the sides. I think you have a better shot with cutting down a regular screen. But who knows if that will work. @Ojan_at_PAX may have a suggestion (you don't want to void the warranty). Why don't you pm him?

Mr. Me2,

caliwisp

Cali Dreamin'
Hi Folks! A couple of you geniuses figured out how to trim down the stainless-steel concentrate pads from another vape to fit the Pax 2. Impressive bit of engineering from which I would love to benefit . . . and likely others here too. Would any of you be willing to make/sell some to those of us who lack the patience and tools to make our own? Oh please oh please . . . I have some gorgeous bubble hash waiting.

caliwisp,

tepictoton

Hmm why not use cotton? Would do the same trick if used carefully. Just do not overload or you will make a mess of your herb chamber.

tepictoton,

outwest

So I recently picked up the screen, the vented lid, and the claim rod.

Claim rod - This thing is awesome and actually pushed out 6+ months of what regular cleanings with a pipe cleaner and iso missed. Definitely impressive.

Screen - I was disappointed with this. It does not fit snugly in place like to stock screen does. It fits loosely with a little bit of play. It leaked plant material beyond the screen. I'd hate for any of that to build up in the vapor path. If it fit snugly I'd give it more of a shot. However, I did use this as an alternative to the pusher. Placing it on top of a full and tight packed oven. This was then used in conjunction with the vented lid.

Vented lid - I really like this a lot. It increased airflow and did not cause the PAX to cool too quickly as some have speculated. It definitely gave me bigger hits that delivered more effect. However it seemed like while the bowl was more cooked overall the top patch under the newvape screen (on top of the bowl) was still green.

I don't think I'm using these items as @NewVape710 intended, but all in all I'm happy with the purchase. I probably won't continue to use the screen on top of the bowl. Ultimately I'm not sure what any of this means. But I'm very vaped, so at least I got that going for me.

outwest

b0

Cloudy...
The screen works amazing with the pusher, I never use it alone. Using it with the pusher you can put really small loads and improves a lot my experience with the pax 2.

outwest

The screen works amazing with the pusher, I never use it alone. Using it with the pusher you can put really small loads and improves a lot my experience with the pax 2.

I have no use for a really small oven pack.

outwest

outwest,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom