• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Pax 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

akira1977

I have a question for @Ojan_at_PAX :

Since we can use PAX 1 AC charger, and I have found in my electric stuff a 12 Volt 1 Ampere AC power supply, can I use it, or the Voltage is too high?

Because I read somewhere else that the range could be a little "flexible", but I'm not sure about this information...

In the meanwhile, I will continue to use usb charger... ;)

Thank you very much for your patience and your commitment. :tup::tup::tup:

akira1977,

Ojan_at_PAX

Social Media Manager @ PAX
Company Rep
I have a question for @Ojan_at_PAX :

Since we can use PAX 1 AC charger, and I have found in my electric stuff a 12 Volt 1 Ampere AC power supply, can I use it, or the Voltage is too high?

Because I read somewhere else that the range could be a little "flexible", but I'm not sure about this information...

In the meanwhile, I will continue to use usb charger... ;)

Thank you very much for your patience and your commitment. :tup::tup::tup:

Hmm, I'll have to stick with the "party line" and recommend not using it since it's not made by us. I don't doubt that there are AC power sources out there that are compatible, but I'd hate to give you the green light (heh) and see some charging issue arise because of it.

Ojan_at_PAX,
Reactions: akira1977

kente777

@Ojan_at_PAX

I'm sure the company is aware of the raised mouthpiece's problem with burning the side of the mouth. Any plans on fixing the problem and releasing a replacement mouthpiece?

kente777,

whereskarlo

@Ojan_at_PAX

I'm sure the company is aware of the raised mouthpiece's problem with burning the side of the mouth. Any plans on fixing the problem and releasing a replacement mouthpiece?

It actually doesn't get hot. It's the heat difference you notice because the mouthpiece doesn't connect on the left and right side. So depending on how you put it on you will either only get vapor coming from one of the holes or the other. It's a totally flawed design but I think they made it like that because it would otherwise be too hard to clean. Although I think they should have stuck with a Pax1-style mouthpiece in that case just without the stem.

Ok, thank you very much!!! ;)

I will continue to use the usb charger... :tup:

I often use mine with a my phone AC charger which has a USB slot. It sends more power which chargers the battery faster, it is harmless and just the same as when you either charge your phone in your computer or the wall. Lithium Ion batteries can handle the difference just fine :)

whereskarlo,
Has anybody found the P2 Vented Oven Lid to be of any noticeable help or is it comparable to just pressing in one side of the stock lid while drawing to get less resistance whenever you feel you need it?

What I like is you can just stick in iso to clean it. You cannot do that with the original lid without harming it. And I have one. I also have the pusher the replacement screen and the rod cleaner. All of these work well.

Ojan_at_PAX

Social Media Manager @ PAX
Company Rep
@Ojan_at_PAX

We're always working on new things :)

I often use mine with a my phone AC charger which has a USB slot. It sends more power which chargers the battery faster, it is harmless and just the same as when you either charge your phone in your computer or the wall. Lithium Ion batteries can handle the difference just fine :)

Any USB power source will push DC 5v to your PAX 2. So if you're using a DC 9V USB source, like a tablet charger, it will still only accept 5v. Using our PAX or PAX 2 AC charger, though, will allow it to accept DC 9v and drop the charge time by about an hour.

Ojan_at_PAX,
Reactions: vapviking

Volteric

Just dropping in to confirm that I am highly confident that the PAX2 is much more efficient than the 1. It seems to me, freeballin it here, that I am getting roughly 15% more material's worth. I'm just getting that much more "herbage" with this unit than it's predecessor.

Improvements: it vibrates when it's ready and possibly a pin like the Alfa to relieve the need to stir. (Now, I have no idea if the Alfa pin solves this problem, I'm just guessing) and a lid that doesn't crust with herb)

Overall, I have zero regrets purchasing this !!

Volteric,

kente777

Just dropping in to confirm that I am highly confident that the PAX2 is much more efficient than the 1. It seems to me, freeballin it here, that I am getting roughly 15% more material's worth. I'm just getting that much more "herbage" with this unit than it's predecessor.

Improvements: it vibrates when it's ready and possibly a pin like the Alfa to relieve the need to stir. (Now, I have no idea if the Alfa pin solves this problem, I'm just guessing) and a lid that doesn't crust with herb)

Overall, I have zero regrets purchasing this !!

While I like the magnetic oven lid, I dropped it the first time and the contents spilled all over the place. i'd like to see a more secured lid.

kente777,

Volteric

While I like the magnetic oven lid, I dropped it the first time and the contents spilled all over the place. i'd like to see a more secured lid.

Yea, I feel ya. I think I heard someone say that it's designed loose for airflow. My bother is with odor leak and yours a secure lid. Those would be areas they should considering looking at.

Volteric,

kente777

Yea, I feel ya. I think I heard someone say that it's designed loose for airflow. My bother is with odor leak and yours a secure lid. Those would be areas they should considering looking at.

I agree with you on the odor. As much as I like the Pax 2, the MFLB is still my out and about portable based on that factor alone.

In fairness, the MLFB gives you instant on and off which minimizes odor.

Last edited:
kente777,
Reactions: KidFated.

Mr Mellish

I agree with you on the odor. As much as I like the Pax 2, the MFLB is still my out and about portable based on that factor alone.

In fairness, the MLFB gives you instant on and off which minimizes odor.

I'm about to re-take possession of a Pax 2 I picked up for a friend. I was astonished by how bad this thing reeks. Last time I had it, I had to store it in the garage to avoid the stank. Guess I'll have to look into the Mentos cap for when I get it back (I know @Ratchett has a solution but I'll try cheapest firstest -- or wait until I can get a bigger Ratchett order together for all my supported vapes -- hopefully, that won't be 2017 when I finally get my GH).

kente777

I'm about to re-take possession of a Pax 2 I picked up for a friend. I was astonished by how bad this thing reeks. Last time I had it, I had to store it in the garage to avoid the stank. Guess I'll have to look into the Mentos cap for when I get it back (I know @Ratchett has a solution but I'll try cheapest firstest -- or wait until I can get a bigger Ratchett order together for all my supported vapes -- hopefully, that won't be 2017 when I finally get my GH).

The black caps are a good answer for minimizing odor when not in use. It's when it's in-use that it loses it's stealth factor (IMO.)

http://delta3dstudios.com/pax2-caps-pair/

Last edited:
kente777,

Mr Mellish

The black caps are a good answer for minimizing odor when not in use. It's when in-use that it loses it's stealth factor (IMO.)

I had it stashed in my office area (in a Ziploc and loaded, but wasn't using it) and the corner where it sat began to telegraph weed odors.

Mr Mellish,

Lukevh

No talk on these limited run Pax 2's? Would love to pick up a gold one, any idea how many of these they're making?

Lukevh,

zor

I have some pan's ink left over from some shatter/wax experiments a few weeks ago, they are terpene mixes which may also serve as a good olfactory cover for vaped weed in the pax. I agree, the black caps are crucial for odor control but once you start vaping, well, that's another story entirely!

Edit: In other news, I wanna treat myself....I've ordered a DDave mini wand for my SSV and I'm eyeing the waterpipe adaptor that Ratchett makes....hmmmmmmmmmmmmm:science:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Those black caps by @Ratchett are superb! They solve the post reak issue perfectly. It's the session reak that is far from stealth.

:rockon: Hell yea! I always keep a pair of caps on my pax vapes. This is one of the smellier vapes I own - doesn't matter how often I clean it, just can't get it odor-free. Which totally kills the stealth-factor of this vape. As crazy as it sounds - my Indica Noir vape doesn't smell half as bad because it has a flip cover over the mouthpiece. The indica doesn't create an air-tight seal around the mouthpiece area (stinkiest part of the vape), but it does "good enough".

akira1977

Usb is always 5 Volt. Wall charger send more Ampere, for example mine sends 2,1 Ampere. Standard usb port it's about 1/4 = 0,5 Ampere = 500 mA that is the usb standard current for computer port. Power is Volt x Ampere... ;) More Ampere less time to charge, but it also depends on the internal electronics circuit, because if you send more Ampere to a device that for example accept only 1 Ampere, only one is used. ( it depends of the internal resistance of the charging circuits usually or regulations circuits...)

We're always working on new things :)

Any USB power source will push DC 5v to your PAX 2. So if you're using a DC 9V USB source, like a tablet charger, it will still only accept 5v. Using our PAX or PAX 2 AC charger, though, will allow it to accept DC 9v and drop the charge time by about an hour.

I think there are some things that are not very precise... ;)

USB is always 5 Volts, as I said, change the current, that is express in milliAmpere or Ampere ( milli = 1/1000 ) DC is different than AC ( alternate current, like home, typically it's a sinusoidal wave)

DC is not alternate, has a positive side and negative side. + and -

Pax 2 can use both ( AC and DC), because there are circuits inside Pax unit that convert AC to DC and this is also the reason why you can put Pax 2 no matters the orientation using Usb ( that is DC current). You don't have to worry about positive and negative... ;)

akira1977,

narrowsparrow

Pull more with your throat and less with your lips if that makes sense...Also take short puffs instead of fully drawing on it. .. should help.
Sorry I haven't found your reply till now. I'm going to try to figure out how to draw with my throat (aren't there guys somewhere who do throat-singing?). I'm guessing that you mean to open up the back of the throat up more? I know I have to work on my technique -- I am a habitual ripper, not a good sipper. Those short puffs don't do a lot for me. Still, I am willing to give this combo a try. I would like to use the Pax more; it's so easy to use, other than the lip thing.
Thanks for the tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom