• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Pax 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna get myself an extreme q to use at home to compliment my Pax 2. I feel like I'll probably still use the pax a lot at home when I don't want to just sit at my desk or table though.

Was in my head shop yesterday and almost bought the MFLB + orbiter as my "home" unit.

Noticed a tiny dent in my unit also, I hope the head shop didn't drop it or anything. I really regret not buying a sealed ubt from Pax Labs, but I wanted it so bad :(

jurassicvape,

narrowsparrow

I got my Pax2 as an "exchange" for a faulty Alfa I bought on eBay before I knew better. Makes me think my Pax isn't going to last long, either. If it's a fake, they sure did an incredible job with the details. I have sent my serial number to Pax to find out if it's legal, but I haven't heard back from them.

narrowsparrow,

Matty

Gonna get myself an extreme q to use at home to compliment my Pax 2. I feel like I'll probably still use the pax a lot at home when I don't want to just sit at my desk or table though.

Was in my head shop yesterday and almost bought the MFLB + orbiter as my "home" unit.

Noticed a tiny dent in my unit also, I hope the head shop didn't drop it or anything. I really regret not buying a sealed ubt from Pax Labs, but I wanted it so bad :(

I just picked up a SSV myself to put in the bedroom next to the tv and Xbox! Been glued to it all weekend. Still super nice to be able to grab the Pax2 on the go or for a little walk around the neighborhood though. They're best friends already.

Rose2Butler24

Does anyone have any tips for a new owner? I showed some friends, who don't know anything about vaping/smoking, the brand new Pax and asked them what they think it is. They thought it was a portable power bank haha.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Does anyone have any tips for a new owner? I showed some friends, who don't know anything about vaping/smoking, the brand new Pax and asked them what they think it is. They thought it was a portable power bank haha.
•Grind fine
•Use DRY herbs
•pack tight or use screen to pack load tight for smaller amounts
•Take short steady puffs
•Make sure the underside of the screen is clean if performance tapers

zor

I had an out-of-state friend stay over my place last night, unfortunately I wasn't gonna make it back until later in the evening so I left my freshly loaded pax 2 on the coffee table with a note: "please try this". No instructions, nothing, just to see what his response would be.

I came home and he was slouched on my couch with the most satisfied grin on his face that I have ever seen.

:)

twigs

Pay no mind to those voices in my head
I had an out-of-state friend stay over my place last night, unfortunately I wasn't gonna make it back until later in the evening so I left my freshly loaded pax 2 on the coffee table with a note: "please try this". No instructions, nothing, just to see what his response would be.

I came home and he was slouched on my couch with the most satisfied grin on his face that I have ever seen.

:)
I want friends like you!

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
You're right, I got the pusher sandwich and it's the screen that doesn't seem to fit.

Contact me/us @ NewVape if you haven't already, this doesn't sound right! We check all of our items with calipers so we'd like to find out what is happening here.

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed,

MikeG7265

Contact me/us @ NewVape if you haven't already, this doesn't sound right! We check all of our items with calipers so we'd like to find out what is happening here.

I've already contacted support. They sent me a new one. Come to find out after I contacted them that my Pax 2 was actually a fake.

But thanks for your response.

I see almost no build up at ALL in the air piece or the oven or the lid or the screen, nowhere after ~10 grams of high end herb with just bare minimum maintenance, water and pipe cleaners. Barely even any alcohol. I see people on Reddit complain about theirs, I have no idea what they are doing wrong but it is weird.

JohnDriks

Ojan_at_PAX Are these type of USB wall adapters safe to use for charging? If I had any complaints at all before having one, it would be that there is no wall plug in the kit. Also I have a car adapter that I used to plug my pax1 charger into, will that be safe for the pax2?

U255HZF.jpg
2N4SYJ0.jpg

Can anybody tell me about the some specifications of the PAX1 and PAX2? What will the damage i will got if i connect them to any other AC adapter? Can anybody please help me to understand all this configuration and damages if i use any other adapter?

Last edited by a moderator:
JohnDriks,

Ojan_at_PAX

Social Media Manager @ PAX
Company Rep
Can anybody tell me about the some specifications of the PAX1 and PAX2? What will the damage i will got if i connect them to any other AC adapter? Can anybody please help me to understand all this configuration and damages if i use any other adapter?

So I've spoken with our engineers about this, but will need to go have a beer or two with them to get into details. The only AC adapter we recommend using for PAX 2 is the original PAX AC wall charger. PAX 2 will accept the DC 9v output and charge about 1/3rd faster than via USB.

For USB, any source works as long as it meets the minimum requirement of DC 5v 1A. The 5v minimum output is universalized, so the main focus should be the amperage. I recommend aiming for 1.2A just to be sure since not all adapters consistently put out what they say they do. Also, for USB wall adapters that put out DC 9v, it will be throttled down to 5v so using something like a tablet charger won't speed up charging times.

I can't really speak to what will damage the device, as I don't make a habit of testing that, but if I feel experimental one day I'll happily share my findings.

Fun fact: the rubber band that's around the PAX 2 charging cable fits perfectly around the device and charging dock. I pretty much always have mine plugged into a portable battery pack with that rubber band wrapped around my PAX/charger so I can charge it in my backpack.

b0

Cloudy...
Fun fact: the rubber band that's around the PAX 2 charging cable fits perfectly around the device and charging dock. I pretty much always have mine plugged into a portable battery pack with that rubber band wrapped around my PAX/charger so I can charge it in my backpack.

Thx for that tip, never thought about it!

b0,

aj0125

Getting VAS. Will this bad boy kill an oven without stirring? That kind of killed pax1 for me and is the real selling point of the Mighty. Any comparisons to Mighty for those who have both? Thanks.

aj0125,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Getting VAS. Will this bad boy kill an oven without stirring? That kind of killed pax1 for me and is the real selling point of the Mighty. Any comparisons to Mighty for those who have both? Thanks.
I have both. And to me they are completely different devices, that I use in different ways. The pax is more of a stealth Swiss Army knife type of vape that fits a lot of different niches. The mighty is a big cloud producing monster! When I vape with people and use the mighty, people enjoy it and it gets them high as shit, but 8/10 people are more impressed with the pax2.

I secretly hope they like the mighty more because I think it does a good job at extraction (and I paid $450 for it vs the $150 I paid for the pax2)

If you have anyother questions, ask away!

Dropped the Pax today, put a pretty gnarly dent in the top by the mouth piece. Did not enjoy the experience.
Does it still work?

That sucks. I have nightmares about that lol
I've,done it more times than I can count...makes my pax look rugged

WakeAndVape,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Will this bad boy kill an oven without stirring?

If you pack it tight and especially if you use a spacer to pack the load, in my experience there is no need to stir. I don't do either, however, and I usually load with only .07 g. I just hold the Pax upside down, so the load naturally falls to the hot screen. Works for me, anyway.

zor

I don't use any additional accessories and pack the oven with a variable amount of herb (usually about 1/2 to 3/4s full). I usually go through 2 or 3 of the four petals, depending on what I'm looking for, and, when I feel like it, I pop off the oven cover and push down on the over load with the long edges of the cover to pack it down more, and have a few more pulls at whatever the highest temp I'm using is. I get thoroughly browned ABV, although rarely, if I don't pack down, I do see some flecks of light green still on the top (very, very little, but still noticable)

Mr. Me2

I have the pax 2 and Crafty, and also had a Pax 1. The pax 2 is far superior to the pax 1. I use a pusher in the pax 2 and used a folded screen in both pax's. With that, I never have to stir. I use a screen topper in the Crafty too. The Crafty is currently my go-to and I also use my pax 2 regularly. I may still be in the honeymoon stage with the Crafty, but I prefer its taste and ease of use. Pax now kills the Crafty in low maintenance and battery life.

I almost never hear of warranty issues with pax, and from all accounts customer service seems to be great (in no small part due to @Ojan_at_PAX). On the flip side, the Mighty and Crafty seem to have some chronic problems and there are very mixed reviews of S&B's customer service.

Build quality goes to pax, hands down (IMO). Have to say I'm still happy I have both. If you have serious VAS, I think you should sell your soul and get both!

Wesmac33

IMO stirring isn't exactly needed, but when I stir,then pack the load back down, turn it up to at least 3 petals (usually 4) , the hits are absolutely ridiculous.
Not sure why, but this thing gets me crazy medicated. More so than my Air.
Gets a little warmer than my Air, but right now I'm reaching for my pax 3x more than my Arizer Air.
Love this little cloud machine.

I've noticed that I don't need to stir the oven to have it evenly colored, but I DO get some sick hits off of it immediately after stirring, even though it appears to be cooking it all evenly. Not sure what the science behind it is.

I also only had About half an oven full of herb so I mixed in some AVB to make the oven packed full and it worked perfectly.

Justpassedu

If you pack it tight and especially if you use a spacer to pack the load, in my experience there is no need to stir. I don't do either, however, and I usually load with only .07 g. I just hold the Pax upside down, so the load naturally falls to the hot screen. Works for me, anyway.
Are you putting a screen on top of your load ? I find my pax 2 is my only vape that i actually have to stir with after a session. I pack it super tight and have even tried packing not so tight. There is always some green left and i stir it up and get a few more puffs on petal 3 and 4 . I wish i didn't have to stir , really loving this vape though.

Justpassedu,
Reactions: DDave
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom