Discontinued Pax 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr H

This is correct. Massdrop is not an authorized seller for our products so there won't be a 10 year warranty with a PAX purchased from them. I mentioned this in a previous post a few pages back, but my search-fu isn't strong this morning.

I'm gathering some intel for ya and will report back :)

Massdrop have said they will fulfil the warranty themselves

Here's a quote from an admin

"The 10 warranty will be honored by Massdrop and the Manufacturer, but if the Manufacturer will not honor their authentic products warranty, Massdrop will step in to facilitate the warranty on your behalf."

Vapor King

Pax has always been great with customer service and their warranty is great. They really seem to stand behind their products, "Pax Corp" still made the same amount of profit of the massdrop units as they do from any other reseller....so as long as the numbers match as an authentic pax... there has ALWAYS been warranty :2c:

STOP WORRYING!!!! IT'S COVERED!!!! BY PAX!!! They have an obligation to mislead/lead you to one of their dealers....its just good business for them and their dealers. They just don't want to see their dealers lose sales because the customer wants to save money, They would rather see you send extra money for the product to one of their dealers..

BUT IT'S COVERED by THEM!!

Vapor King

Pax Labs employee says otherwise. But he just works for them.

Exactly!! He is a good employee and doing what right for the company...not the customer.

I will express it again.... They warranty the units as long as the numbers matched as authentic.

Believe me...as I have nothing to gain by making this TRUE statement..... That has been proven over and over and over and over again!!!

Where pax has $$ to gain if they can lead you to buy from them.....If they put enough doubt ...you'll buy it directly from them....

Has anyone been told.... nope don't send it in...sure it's authentic but we won't cover it.... ????

Vapor King,

Vapor King

Don't you need proof of purchase?..

Nope....absolutely not. They are really good at standing behind their product. It's sort of a no fuss warranty... Any issues we'll send you a label and most likely turn it around and back in your hand within a week.

Last edited:
Vapor King,

Vapor King

How do they know where you bought it? And when the warranty period is up?

They really don't care or can care because their network is as such....

PAX -> Small # of distributors -> Retail ( which could be any tom, dick, or harry's head shop)

What if I got it at one of those head shops
What if it was a gift
What if I used it too much and I don't remember anything

Is it authentic is the deciding factor.

It has a 10 year warranty....it's up in appx 10 years. The serial number blocks will tell them everything they need to know. they will know that block 123XXXX was made in 2015 Block 234XXX was made in 2016...etc..etc

KidFated.

Unknown Member
They really don't care or can care because their network is as such....

PAX -> Small # of distributors -> Retail ( which could be any tom, dick, or harry's head shop)

What if I got it at one of those head shops
What if it was a gift
What if I used it too much and I don't remember anything

Is it authentic is the deciding factor.

It has a 10 year warranty....it's up in appx 10 years. The serial number blocks will tell them everything they need to know. they will know that block 123XXXX was made in 2015 Block 234XXX was made in 2016...etc..etc
Pretty sure you need proof of purchase, am I correct @Ojan_at_PAX

KidFated.,

Vapor King

And the cycle continues.... Wonder what he will say??? :bang:

You're pretty sure..... I'm absolutely sure :nope:

@KidFated. Have you used the Pax warranty?? ...my guess is no

@Vapor King Have you..... Oh why yes I have with multiple units of both Pax one and pax 2

I speak the truth....I've said it before.... Can't say that about everyone.

I'll keep asking..... Who has an authentic unit that PAX told them they would not service when needed???? :shrug:

Rose2Butler24

Someone sell me why I should get the Pax 2 instead of the original Pax / Arizer solo (I've looked up tons of youtube videos and other debates that the solo is a lot better and the Pax2 isnt worth the upgrade over the Pax 1)

Rose2Butler24,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Someone sell me why I should get the Pax 2 instead of the original Pax / Arizer solo (I've looked up tons of youtube videos and other debates that the solo is a lot better and the Pax2 isnt worth the upgrade over the Pax 1)
The original spring loaded mouthpiece mechanism in the Pax1 is a horrible design flaw.

Pax2 pwns Pax1 in every way. Really can't think of one category where the Pax1 is better than the Pax2

That said, i think it's debatable which is better - the Solo or the Pax2 - I think the Pax2 wins in stealth. But taste, versatility, and price probably go to the Solo

Mr. Me2

Pax 2 v. Pax - the big 2 in favor of pax 2 is MUCH easier maintenance and less waste (and of course, Ratchett's comments...)

JoeMama

This Link (if it works here) got me very happy with my pax 2.
I ordered a 3 pack of the new dimpled screens.
I put one screen in first on an angle (as normal)
Then fill oven with dry well ground.
Tamp down til the material is very compact.
put a screen flush on top of the load and tamp.
take the old shitty screen that came with unit and bend in half like a spring...........

I'm impressed by all the ingenuity that goes into finding the best approach to hold finely ground herb in the oven chamber..... I would like to offer a simpler and far less thermally loaded solution (all that metal takes away the efficiency of the heating algorithm used to make Pax be accurate...

All you need is a pair of scissors and a needle nose pliers, and some 20mm stainless steel screens.
Rather than give you instructions, here are the self-explanatory pics.

4.jpg

It helps to ensure the bottom of the screen is either flat or slightly convex (curving upwards in its middle). That is, just be sure the screen will sit FLAT and is not rounded at the bottom. This will keep the tension on the side walls of the oven even and the screen will stay put quite well.

Voila!

Last edited:

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
That said, i think it's debatable which is better - the Solo or the Pax2 - I think the Pax2 wins in stealth.

You know the P2 wins in stealth. :lol:

Different vapes for different circumstances. Wanna whip out a can with a glass stem sticking out of it at a concert or other event requiring stealth? Didn't think so.

The Solo has better vapor quality than the P2, but there are better portables than the Solo. I really don't think the P2 and the Solo are particularly comparable devices.

Tdtour

@Ojan_at_PAX How would one know if a pax 2 is a knock off or clone? The real pax 2 just came out a few months ago and I am already hearing that there are clones of it floating around on ebay and craigslist. I live in NYC and there are a couple of smokes shops I can buy the pax 2 at but do not know if they are authorized dealers. A quick yelp search shows people who bought water pipes at theses places complained that they are cheap quality glass. By those reviews I am nervous to buy the pax 2 from them. The prices are at 279 or above.
I seen the pax 1 knock off review on youtube which I assume all here on this thread have seen as well. Do you know if the pax 2 clone has the hidden features of the real pax 2, ie party mode...simon? Are there any physical telltale signs? Like the pax 1 fake has a phillips head screw as opposed to a hex screw.
I just want to make sure I buy from an authorized dealer. Planning on paying cash, so wifey does not know how much I spend on my hobby.
Thanks

Tdtour,

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
The original spring loaded mouthpiece mechanism in the Pax1 is a horrible design flaw.

Pax2 pwns Pax1 in every way. Really can't think of one category where the Pax1 is better than the Pax2

That said, i think it's debatable which is better - the Solo or the Pax2 - I think the Pax2 wins in stealth. But taste, versatility, and price probably go to the Solo
I agree with everything but, the Taste factor and vapor production. I own both and feel like both taste pretty much the same, they give you flavor the first two or three hits, and it goes downhill from there. Vapor wise also, I feel like with the screen method I get comparable vapor production from both.

Edit: But I noticed that I can stir the bowl in the Pax and get a few more hits, whereas the solo it kills the bowl with a whole nugget, fine grind, medium, and even hand plucked lol.

Vapetrees,

RaffOutLoud

I've traveled with the P2 in a work truck and vaped in a hotel room (in a non-decriminalized state even.)

This week I've been hosting family.

The stealth factor has been thoroughly put to the test and it passed with flying colors. The cost of advanced technology has paid for itself with how easy it is to stay medicated.

Ojan_at_PAX

Social Media Manager @ PAX
Company Rep
@Ojan_at_PAX How would one know if a pax 2 is a knock off or clone? The real pax 2 just came out a few months ago and I am already hearing that there are clones of it floating around on ebay and craigslist. I live in NYC and there are a couple of smokes shops I can buy the pax 2 at but do not know if they are authorized dealers. A quick yelp search shows people who bought water pipes at theses places complained that they are cheap quality glass. By those reviews I am nervous to buy the pax 2 from them. The prices are at 279 or above.
I seen the pax 1 knock off review on youtube which I assume all here on this thread have seen as well. Do you know if the pax 2 clone has the hidden features of the real pax 2, ie party mode...simon? Are there any physical telltale signs? Like the pax 1 fake has a phillips head screw as opposed to a hex screw.
I just want to make sure I buy from an authorized dealer. Planning on paying cash, so wifey does not know how much I spend on my hobby.
Thanks

Just like the original PAX, I think the best way to avoid a counterfeit is to stick with purchasing from an authorized source. If you're uncertain whether a retailer is authorized, always feel free to message me the name and address of any store and I can confirm it for you :)

Counterfeit PAX devices come in many iterations, each having updated upon the previous one. Videos like the one you were referring to end up becoming outdated very quickly, and those interested in PAX would rely heavily on that inaccurate information.

I'm glad you brought this up, because it's why we are so protective of our authorized retailers with regard to our warranty. Unauthorized sales undermine our efforts to protect customers and retailers alike, and perpetuate the cycle of abuse that allow counterfeits to make their way into the marketplace.

Tdtour

Just like the original PAX, I think the best way to avoid a counterfeit is to stick with purchasing from an authorized source. If you're uncertain whether a retailer is authorized, always feel free to message me the name and address of any store and I can confirm it for you :)

Counterfeit PAX devices come in many iterations, each having updated upon the previous one. Videos like the one you were referring to end up becoming outdated very quickly, and those interested in PAX would rely heavily on that inaccurate information.

I'm glad you brought this up, because it's why we are so protective of our authorized retailers with regard to our warranty. Unauthorized sales undermine our efforts to protect customers and retailers alike, and perpetuate the cycle of abuse that allow counterfeits to make their way into the marketplace.

Thanks Ojan. I may have to bite the bullet and order online from vapeworld or direct from you guys. Right now I can not remember the name of the smoke shop, I know it has smoke shop in the name.
Its funny right now there is someone selling a pax 2 clone on craigslist for 149 in the new york area. This is what raised my suspicion about buying a pax 2 from a questionable retailer.

Last edited:
Tdtour,

JoeMama

Hey gang..... I came across reading and looking at The Grasshopper Pen Vape on FC, but the pages are so numerous I went cross-eyed for a bit.... then I googled and Youtubed, and still can't figure out what anyone thinks of it as compared to the Pax 2.

Anybody?? It seems very awesome in it's stealth and that it seems to be somewhat of a combination of conduction and convection...

Thanks for any feedback!

JoeMama,

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
Hey gang..... I came across reading and looking at The Grasshopper Pen Vape on FC, but the pages are so numerous I went cross-eyed for a bit.... then I googled and Youtubed, and still can't figure out what anyone thinks of it as compared to the Pax 2.

Anybody?? It seems very awesome in it's stealth and that it seems to be somewhat of a combination of conduction and convection...

Thanks for any feedback!

I have had my GH for 3 weeks and I have a pax2 and even though I like having both, I think you made the right choice just getting the GH!

At this point I only use my pax2 for vaping my mix of tobacco herbs and weed as the pax2 is great for tobacco and frankly with the efficiency of the GH I'm kinda afraid to try tobacco in it lest i end up in a nicotine coma!

The first thing you'll notice between the two is the flavor of the GH is FAR superior. Also you can get way higher from way less weed. The pax2 needs to be fully packed where the GH will vape even the tiniest amounts and get a few tasty powerful hits.

mod note: Non-comparison comments removed

When you think about the price of a GH vs. a pax2, if you really need to stand around in a circle, I think the solution to that is just get two GHs! In all seriousness I'm excited for you, the GH on heads up comparison really makes the pax2 which is elegant and fine, kinda obsolete :-)

One more thing, since I still have a pax2 I can do silly experiments, I turned my pax2 on to temp 3. I then loaded a GH turned it on, took 3 rips and was high unloaded the GH and put it away before the pax2 was ready ... just to give perspective.

Also cleaning is way easier, like almost non-existent.

Last edited by a moderator:

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
At this point I only use my pax2 for vaping my mix of tobacco
@slcbdco - as always, thanks for your in-depth informative posts on the FC threads! I am interested in your experience using the Pax2 with tobacco. As I have stated earlier in this thread, I love to vape fine pipe tobaccos in my Solo - the flavor is decadently heavenly. Using the Solo for this purpose requires a very firm pack, and while this may cause a very obstructed draw to begin the session, it loosens up just fine in a pull or two and then the heavy clouds begin and go on and on for at least 1/2 - 3/4 hour at a leisurely pace. I keep the Solo plugged in to the power adapter for this purpose when sitting at my desk or on my tv room lounger. Do you consider the Pax2 to be a good pipe tobacco vaporist's companion? Flavor? How long will a battery last for this use before needing a recharge? And how long do you think a Pax2 baccy loaded chamber will last -i.e., will I need to rush through my load before the battery dies, or can I relax? Thanks for all your valuable FC contributions!

Snappo,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom