• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Pax 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapor King

Has anyone had any issues with poor vapor production on the pax 2? I have 2 p2's and the slightly older one vapes like a champ, whereas the new one usually doesn't produce well at all on level 1. I thought it was the screen as the newer one has the screen with dimples and sometimes it works ok, but usually not. Thanks!

You're doing it wrong :doh:

Vapor King,

Vape Dr.

Hey guys, figured I'd chime in here on the PAX 2 and the taste. I have had one of the first PAX 2 units and I have never had a plastic taste. In fact the PAX 2 taste quite good, my biggest complaint would be the weed smell it gives off when heating which takes some of the stealth factor away.

I also wanted to ask you guys which mouth piece you prefer?
I personally like the flat one better because I feel the draws are cooler.
The big downfall to the flat MP is explaining where and which side to hit it from when using the PAX with a friend.

I got sick of explaining this quick so I took a hard look at the "traditional" style MP.
IMO the vapor is much hotter with the OG style MP but it is much more user friendly.

I found a super simple DIY trick for the traditional style mouth piece that IMO makes the vapor as cool if not cooler than the flat MP. As I said, I prefer the flat mouthpiece by myself but with friends I use the Tradition style MP so they can just grab the PAX 2 and hit it.

Here it is. PAX 2 with both mouth pieces.

To cool down the draw significantly simply push a stainless steel BB into the hole in the mouth piece that is directly over the air path coming from the oven.

Here is a close up pic.
The BB fits in there perfectly allowing the vapor to cool down as it reaches the farther hole. I found the hotter draw was a result of the vapor going straight from the ovens air path directly to the hole in the MP above it.

The BB fits in there perfectly and really cools down the draws. It stays in snug and can be removed easily.
If you want cooler draws with the traditional mouth piece, give it a shot!
It take a second to do and makes a huge difference.
Give it a try and let me know what you think! :tup:

@VapeThis Mine is one of the first PAX 2 units and it blows clouds for what it's worth.

:science:

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Hey guys, figured I'd chime in here on the PAX 2 and the taste. I have had one of the first PAX 2 units and I have never had a plastic taste. In fact the PAX 2 taste quite good, my biggest complaint would be the weed smell it gives off when heating which takes some of the stealth factor away.

I also wanted to ask you guys which mouth piece you prefer?
I personally like the flat one better because I feel the draws are cooler.
The big downfall to the flat MP is explaining where and which side to hit it from when using the PAX with a friend.

I got sick of explaining this quick..

"Put the side with the little slot in it to your mouth." :lol:

Works for me, but I've only shared it with my wife. Are people really that confused by it?

mitchgo61,

VapeThis

No, as I mentioned, I have a Pax 1 and another pax 2 that run like champs. I start at level 1 and don't like or need to go beyond 2

VapeThis,

Vape Dr.

Has anyone had any issues with poor vapor production on the pax 2? I have 2 p2's and the slightly older one vapes like a champ, whereas the new one usually doesn't produce well at all on level 1. I thought it was the screen as the newer one has the screen with dimples and sometimes it works ok, but usually not. Thanks!
You said you had 2 p2's
"Put the side with the little slot in it to your mouth." :lol:

Works for me, but I've only shared it with my wife. Are people really that confused by it?

Believe it or not...YES! I'll say keep the light towards you and they'll forget in a second!

But in all fairness we usually vape after dabbing so I can understand.:ko:

VapeThis

Yes I have a pax 1 and 2 pax 2's. One pax 2 is about a month older than the other one. That's what I meant by the (slightly) older one.

VapeThis,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
As stated previously, I use them the exact same way.
How often do you clean the units? I noticed when my pax2 performance drops, it usually because the underside of the flat screen is dirty...just a suggestion
Sure.... It's not the unit....it's you....Whatever you are doing....you are doing it incorrectly.

The two units work the same but different

learn the curve
He said one works as expected and the other one does not, but then again...I don't think you were trying to be helpful :lol::rofl:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
As stated previously, I use them the exact same way.
If you have 2 identical vaporizers, using them the same exact way. Yet only 1 performs as expected, one would suggest the other vaporizer has a problem. The problem could either be a clogged airpath/screen which requires cleaning, or the vaporizer is defective.

If you've attempted to clean the vaporizer and clear the airpath yet still getting no increase in performance, then process of elimination would suggest your vape is defective and requires warranty repairs.

Here's a question - did both vapes *ever* work as expected? Or was one working poorly from the day you bought it?

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Believe it or not...YES! I'll say keep the light towards you and they'll forget in a second!
But in all fairness we usually vape after dabbing so I can understand.:ko:
I definitely understand the struggle...I swear I explain the 'slit' and how to hit it...but there is always someone putting it into their mouth 'penis style' :doh: and that's with NO dab...
Or else I'll point out the slit, and they flip it upside down looking for an alternative...damn smokers!
What size BB? I must go out in search of one today, the OG mouthpiece is better by design but it gets my lips hella hot...so thanks for the tips

WakeAndVape,
Reactions: Vape Dr.

VapeThis

I clean them religiously once a week. I have contacted ploom, and am awaiting a response. Yes, it is my belief it may be defective, but sometimes it works well, so I was wondering if it's something to do with the screen or something else. I clean the screens by scraping them with a razor blade. This works very well. The pax 2 in question worked fine at the beginning, but then I noticed poor production when compared to my other pax 2 since I use one until the battery dies, charge it, then I use the other one until the battery dies and charge it.

The only difference between pax 2A and my pax 2B is that pax 2B came with the screen with 4 dimples, whereas the pax 2A came with a flat screen.

It almost feels as if pax 2B doesn't get hot enough to produce great vapor on level 1, like my pax 2a does.

I use my pax 1 as my backup, backup/guest vaporizer, has always worked very well.

Last edited:
VapeThis,

Vape Dr.

I definitely understand the struggle...I swear I explain the 'slit' and how to hit it...but there is always someone putting it into their mouth 'penis style' :doh: and that's with NO dab...
Or else I'll point out the slit, and they flip it upside down looking for an alternative...damn smokers!
What size BB? I must go out in search of one today, the OG mouthpiece is better by design but it gets my lips hella hot...so thanks for the tips

Just a standard size BB works. You can find them anywhere.
You are very welcome for the tip, it works very well!

Bandoo

I clean them religiously once a week. I have contacted ploom, and am awaiting a response. Yes, it is my belief it may be defective, but sometimes it works well, so I was wondering if it's something to do with the screen or something else. I clean the screens by scraping them with a razor blade. This works very well. The pax 2 in question worked fine at the beginning, but then I noticed poor production when compared to my other pax 2 since I use one until the battery dies, charge it, then I use the other one until the battery dies and charge it.

The only difference between pax 2A and my pax 2B is that pax 2B came with the screen with 4 dimples, whereas the pax 2A came with a flat screen.

It almost feels as if pax 2B doesn't get hot enough to produce great vapor on level 1, like my pax 2a does.

I use my pax 1 as my backup, backup/guest vaporizer, has always worked very well.
----------------------------------
Maybe you try switching screens between them and seeing if that makes a difference?

I would love some feedback about the new style dimpled screen that lays flat, but nobody is talking..

P2's protruding mouthpiece is a little short. It could have been a bit longer and have the vapor coming out the center instead of searing the side of your lip. :wave:

If you push on one of those small clear silicone g-pro type mouthpiece tip covers onto the extended mouthpiece it hits and feels Perfect! :nod:

It extends the mouthpiece only about 4 mm's. But it can slip off and is not black.

Everything else about the P2 is A1, but maybe they can add a better mouthpiece later to kind of complete their little masterpiece...:2c:

JoeMama

talking..

P2's protruding mouthpiece is a little short. It could have been a bit longer and have the vapor coming out the center instead of searing the side of your lip. :wave:
Amen, Brother! It's the one thing about the P2 that I can't stand! If they just made the mouthpiece a little longer or something... that sucker sears (hehe, get it? :rofl:) your lips!

JoeMama,

VapeThis

I have tried switching the screens, and they both worked well for a brief time. Then after a cleaning and reassembly, it went back to how it was before.

VapeThis,

Vape Dr.

Maybe you try switching screens between them and seeing if that makes a difference?

I would love some feedback about the new style dimpled screen that lays flat, but nobody is talking..

If you push on one of those small clear silicone g-pro type mouthpiece tip covers onto the extended mouthpiece it hits and feels Perfect! :nod:

It extends the mouthpiece only about 4 mm's. But it can slip off and is not black.

Everything else about the P2 is A1, but maybe they can add a better mouthpiece later to kind of complete their little masterpiece...:2c:
@Bandoo I have the new 4 dimple screen. It does not sit flush on the bottom, it sits at an angle from from to back.
I also tried the Gpro heat sleeves and got sick of them falling off, that's when I went to the BB method. it works great!

Vape Dr.,

Bandoo

Amen, Brother! It's the one thing about the P2 that I can't stand! If they just made the mouthpiece a little longer or something... that sucker sears (hehe, get it? :rofl:) your lips!
No I didn't get it :) ?
@Bandoo I have the new 4 dimple screen. It does not sit flush on the bottom, it sits at an angle from from to back.
I also tried the Gpro heat sleeves and got sick of them falling off, that's when I went to the BB method. it works great!
That's funny you tried those same tips..

I tried plugging one hole in the mouthpiece but for me it restricts the draw too much.

It seems a little strange to have to mod the normal looking mouthpiece on a second edition Pax to make it enjoyable to use. :wave:

I also like using the flat mouthpiece when going out but there is something missing there and the extended one would be nice to use otherwise.

You mean the dimpled screen doesn't sit level using the dimples as feet? It still fits like the flat screen, leaning up higher on one side?

Ps: Oven cover stays on much better than the p1 during a fall but will still pop off if it hits at the right angle.
Also could have use a few strategically placed inlayed rubberized non slip sections of the body to hold it better, especially considering what its used for...:brow:
I added a few myself anyway..
:2c:

Bandoo,
Reactions: Vape Dr.

Vape Dr.

No I didn't get it :) ?

That's funny you tried those same tips..

I tried plugging one hole in the mouthpiece but for me it restricts the draw too much.

It seems a little strange to have to mod the normal looking mouthpiece on a second edition Pax to make it enjoyable to use. :wave:

I also like using the flat mouthpiece when going out but there is something missing there and the extended one would be nice to use otherwise.

You mean the dimpled screen doesn't sit level using the dimples as feet? It still fits like the flat screen, leaning up higher on one side?

Ps: Oven cover stays on much better than the p1 during a fall but will still pop off if it hits at the right angle.
Also could have use a few strategically placed inlayed rubberized non slip sections of the body to hold it better, especially considering what its used for...:brow:
I added a few myself anyway..
:2c:

Great minds think alike @Bandoo!
I tried many different methods to cool down the OG style MP and the BB works like it should be stock.
I find the draw to be just fine with the BB.
This cools the vapor down alot so I can take a 5 second draw as opposed to my normal 10-12 second draw.

That is correct. The newer screen with the 4 dimples does not sit flush on the bottom of my PAX 2.
I am fine with that though It does work very well still and it stays in place great.

Vape Dr.,

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Great minds think alike @Bandoo!
I tried many different methods to cool down the OG style MP and the BB works like it should be stock.
I find the draw to be just fine with the BB.
This cools the vapor down alot so I can take a 5 second draw as opposed to my normal 10-12 second draw.

That is correct. The newer screen with the 4 dimples does not sit flush on the bottom of my PAX 2.
I am fine with that though It does work very well still and it stays in place great.
I did the exact thing except I cut a piece off a lollipop stick and crammed it in there horizontally until it covered the slit and I also experience a much nicer vapor. Also, since the stick isn't metal I doesn't get hot at all. Wouldn't the bb create more heat?

Vapetrees,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
@Vape Dr. I tried the bb method today too (300 extra BBs)
my finding is that it significantly increases draw resistance, too much infact, when I pop off the mouthpeice (BB IN) there is lingering vapor under the MP, if they could shape it better I believe it would work, but as is with the BB... it leaves more to be desired

WakeAndVape,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom