Discontinued Pax 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

nykwil

Try looking under a strong light. Vapour will escape through those holes unless you always hold the Pax 2 with the oven facing down. Even then, I believe some could seep out.

Luckily, the pax 2 lends itself to be held in this way naturally almost always resting on my pinky until I have to turn it over, and when I do, it's not far off from inhalation, but I could see vapor seeping out onto a surface like that of a table where the air is cooler, warm air tends to leak towards cooler air if thats what you mean.

Edit: Now that I think of it, I MIGHT start hitting it like an inhaler with my finger on top controlling airflow.

Last edited:
nykwil,

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Just to clarify that's not EVERY easter egg, the author said those eggs were from the 'simon model' p2, I personally don't have the simon model, so those don't all work for me.
Exactly I've read elsewhere that there are some Easter eggs still to be discovered. I just think they should let us know what our expensive device is capable of. Imagine if there are still some Easter eggs out there that do some awesome things and we don't know about.

Vapetrees,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Ordered my smell proof caps from @Ratchett this morning at 9 am and got my shipping confirmation at 11am...talk about fast service...its like I ordered that shit from jimmy johns!
But then they wouldn't be called "Easter eggs!"
True indeed, but I feel like I got the short end of the stick with the non simon model...even though I probably would never play AND I don't like to do too much easter egg hunting without the ability to turn off my oven...charge time can be challenging...+I'm a stoner...I try and figure It out while smoking and my focus gets thrown:bang:

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Ordered my smell proof caps from @Ratchett this morning at 9 am and got my shipping confirmation at 11am...talk about fast service...its like I ordered that shit from jimmy johns!

True indeed, but I feel like I got the short end of the stick with the non simon model...even though I probably would never play AND I don't like to do too much easter egg hunting without the ability to turn off my oven...charge time can be challenging...+I'm a stoner...I try and figure It out while smoking and my focus gets thrown:bang:
Yeah, I feel the same way. I don't really need to use the Easter eggs it's just a novelty thing and at this point I'll just forget about them.

Romi

Hello everybody :)

Just got my Pax 2 yesterday. I tried it yesterday night and it was my first weed vaporizing experience.
I have to say I am yet converted! I like the effect more than what I felt when I combusted marijuana. It is a definitely more clear sensation and I felt I got only the good effects of marijuana.

This Pax2 is a very good investment for me :)

I have just one question about a little diapointment: You seem to say the taste is very good, but I did not think so. I had not a real weed taste, it was a little bit weird taste: First the taste is not really perceptible, and when I felt a taste it was a mix between plastic and majiruana. I was quite surprised because everybody said the taste is very impressive.

Maybe I did something wrong. What do you think? I think I vaped correctly since I was high. My weed is not very dry (I know I have to dry it) and I have not received my grinder yet so I grinded with my fingers. I well packed a full oven and I began with T° 1, then 2 then 3. Did not try 4.

Thank you for your help!

Romi,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Hello everybody :)

Just got my Pax 2 yesterday. I tried it yesterday night and it was my first weed vaporizing experience.
I have to say I am yet converted! I like the effect more than what I felt when I combusted marijuana. It is a definitely more clear sensation and I felt I got only the good effects of marijuana.

This Pax2 is a very good investment for me :)

I have just one question about a little diapointment: You seem to say the taste is very good, but I did not think so. I had not a real weed taste, it was a little bit weird taste: First the taste is not really perceptible, and when I felt a taste it was a mix between plastic and majiruana. I was quite surprised because everybody said the taste is very impressive.

Maybe I did something wrong. What do you think? I think I vaped correctly since I was high. My weed is not very dry (I know I have to dry it) and I have not received my grinder yet so I grinded with my fingers. I well packed a full oven and I began with T° 1, then 2 then 3. Did not try 4.

Thank you for your help!
It seems you have all the needed tips for optimal performance. ..dry bud, it needs a fine grind and I use level 2 or 3...try to put a pipe screen on the load to tamp it down
the taste with your pax is unnatural imo, shouldn't taste like plastic
don't know what you expect from vaporizing (cloud vs effect) so it's hard to give advice, but you did say you were high...that's a start

WakeAndVape,
Reactions: steama

Romi

Hello,

Thank you for your answers.

Finally I am ok with the taste of the Pax. I think it was not plastic but I had to be used to this new taste for me.

I Hope I am not a bad lucky guy with a dysfunctionning Pax because I have a very recurrent problem:

Randomly, the pax does not respond anymore when I press the button. If it is turned on, it stays on and I can't shut it down or change the T°. If it is off I can't turn it on.
Sometimes it works well, sometimes I have this kind of issues that last for a random time (some times after 3 minutes it is OK, sometimes I have to wait for 30min). I noticed the whole pax become quit hot while vaping at 3-4 T°. Is it normal? Or maybe my Pax does not respond sometimes because is too hot?
But I never heard about this kind of issues.
If someone experienced this issue before, let me know :)

Thanks

Romi,

zor

That power button non-responsiveness is curious, I would contact Pax support directly about that. Sometimes I find I need to press harder than initially thought to get the "click" but I've never found it stuck in a particular mode.

"Quite hot" is subjective but I do find that the oven and the lower portion of the unit gets noticeably hot. Not so hot that I can't put it in my pocket, however.

Archaicrevival

Damn, this thing is strong when it comes to vapour production. It just keeps going, however after 30 minutes of vaping from the same bowl, I noticed a burnt taste. I opened up the oven lid and what do you know, the bottom half of the bowl turned into ash...

I normally vape until there's no vapour left, however after this experience, I'm going to stop at around the 15-20 minute mark.

In my opinion there is no need to go above the second temperature setting as after 380 degrees F, Toxins begin to form such as benzene. There is a wiki that is very extensive talking about the PAX2 temp range but it is wrong. Here is the official Temp range for the pax 2.

The four temperature settings for PAX 2 are:

Low (one petal) = 360 degrees
Medium (two petals) = 380 degrees
Medium-high (three petals) = 400 degrees
High (four petals) = 420 degrees

Please see:
http://www.weedist.com/2012/07/tailoring-high-compounds-in-cannabis-properties-boiling-points/

"...we list out in a sortable table many of the known compounds in cannabis by type (cannabinoid, terpenoid, flavonoid, and generic label ‘toxin’), their known medical properties on the human body and their boiling points (minimum temperature to activate the compound)."

NOTE:
I am sort of confused on the boiling point for THC though, that chart says that THC has a boiling point of 314 Degrees F. While Jean-Claude Bradley Open Melting Point Dataset 16348 gives a boiling point of 392 Degrees F. in that case I would use temperature setting 3 on the PAX2 Vaporizer. However there is also this paper http://www.cannabis-med.org/data/pdf/2001-03-04-7.pdf which states "Many terpenoids vaporize near the same temperature as THC, which boils at 157°C." If this is the case I would use temperature setting 2 if you wish to consume more THC While reducing toxins.

There is also this study http://www.cannabis-med.org/data/pdf/2001-03-04-9.pdf

"A feasibility study by NORML and MAPS has demonstrated that an electric vaporizer can successfully generate THC at 185°C while completely suppressing benzene, toluene, and naphthalene formation." In which case temp 2 would again be perfect.

Last edited:
Archaicrevival,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

DreamHaze

Psychonaughty
I'm a person who believes that some people tend to try and defend their purchases.
If i had bought the pax, i would be disappointed honestly. I have tried both the pax and the pax2 on various occasions
This plastic taste that is being discussed has been very consistent with the unit. I hit over 4 different units and they all have a plastic undertone to it.
It's not the bud. I have packed a bowl with really good weed. Weed that tasted phenomenal in the Solo.
It's just how the unit performs.
In my opinion, good for a quick sesh in the streets... but overall as a vape to just sit down with at home. nah. Still way too expensive for a street sesh device tho.

DreamHaze,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I'm a person who believes that some people tend to try and defend their purchases.
If i had bought the pax, i would be disappointed honestly. I have tried both the pax and the pax2 on various occasions
This plastic taste that is being discussed has been very consistent with the unit. I hit over 4 different units and they all have a plastic undertone to it.
It's not the bud. I have packed a bowl with really good weed. Weed that tasted phenomenal in the Solo.
It's just how the unit performs.
In my opinion, good for a quick sesh in the streets... but overall as a vape to just sit down with at home. nah. Still way too expensive for a street sesh device tho.
That's the good thing about opinions and FC because all of our experiences differ and just like people defend their purchases at times people don't like a certain vape and that's just life
I owned the pax one and now use the pax2 and have never noticed a plastic taste on any unit I have owned or tried. I also have the solo and agree it's taste is better initially; but all vapor in the middle of a session taste about the same
This is MY Opinion and is no way meant to validate or discredit anyone's personal experience.
I do use it around the house as well, sometimes over the solo or the mighty; because it like those other vapes, have a unique effect and I prefer different effects at different times, that's just my :2c:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
In my opinion there is no need to go above the second temperature setting as after 380 degrees F, Toxins begin to form such as benzene. There is a wiki that is very extensive talking about the PAX2 temp range but it is wrong. Here is the official Temp range for the pax 2.

Just because you read something in a wiki doesn't mean it's 100% true. Go look at the source for that "Benzene" report..... Do some research and see how relevant that information is.

Drive a car? You're probably inhaling more benzene while driving than any test ever found in vaporizing cannabis.

Ultimately it's your health and you can do what you want. I personally stayed below 400F for the longest time. But now I personally don't care, I will vape at whatever temperatures I want to achieve the desired medical benefits

Search around this forum, there's quite a bit of discussion on the topic

:2c:

Archaicrevival

Just because you read something in a wiki doesn't mean it's 100% true. Go look at the source for that "Benzene" report..... Do some research and see how relevant that information is.

Drive a car? You're probably inhaling more benzene while driving than any test ever found in vaporizing cannabis.

Ultimately it's your health and you can do what you want. I personally stayed below 400F for the longest time. But now I personally don't care, I will vape at whatever temperatures I want to achieve the desired medical benefits

Search around this forum, there's quite a bit of discussion on the topic

:2c:
I suggest you read the NOTE and the accompanying links. And no I don't have a car.

I have used the pax2 for over a month now and have not noticed any plastic taste. If there were by products being produced they would be visible when the oven is clean and empty. I have not noticed any such by product off gassing or foreign vapors from the PAX2 Unit. It also makes no logical sense as the vapor path does not come in contact with plastic. Please see this video "What's inside the pax2?

Last edited by a moderator:
Archaicrevival,
Reactions: steama

DreamHaze

Psychonaughty
I have used the pax2 for over a month now and have not noticed any plastic taste. If there were by products being produced they would be visible when the oven is clean and empty. I have not noticed any such by product off gassing or foreign vapors from the PAX2 Unit. It also makes no logical sense as the vapor path does not come in contact with plastic. Please see this video "What's inside the pax2?

Just from what i've experienced.
Whenever i've hit the pax/2, it usually feels as if the heated lid, and oven add that odd taste. Or maybe it's something else... i dunno. I also just feel as if the buds' taste gets spent in like 1 to 3 hits, depending on temperature respectively.
I'm just so used to cleaner vapor... the solo on low temps, small mid temp dabs on quartz bangers, etc
i mean i'm not hating on the pax. it's a good vaporizer and all, which has gotten me very, very medicated. But it's just not the tastiest. And for 2 bills it's just kinda steep for me too.

I would rate the pax 2 an 8 on efficiency, a 6 in taste, 9 in stealth, and 10 in portability.
pax was 7, 6, 8, 10

DreamHaze,

Eleaf420

Finally got the vented oven lid from newvape.

Some initial impressions from the one bowl pack I've had with it.

While outside on 1 leaf the hit is not as hot and slightly airier, same with heat setting 2 if you hit it with the vents fully open, however, if you cup your pax 2 in your palm or close it with a finger, you can use breathing technique to control this to get different levels of vapor production, I like this, it adds a bit of dimension. Did about 8 pulls, shut it off. Checked the bud and it was visibly still green. Stirred and gave it a whirl on heat setting 2 on my water pipe. Nice and milky! The added airflow definitely helped, again, using a finger over the lid helped control airflow and vapor production. It really excelled at heat setting 3-4 in this mode, as you can adjust the hit to be cooler or hotter when you can control the airflow with your finger. I was able to do about 4-6 more water pipe sized rips at this setting.

.2 grams heavier than the default lid. 1 whole piece vs 2 of the default lid

some finely ground cannabis could fall out of the vent holes, but the nature of weed will make it clump up around it pretty quickly preventing much if any weed falling out, would have been cool if there were a mesh screen here or the ability to pop in your own, I will probably experiment with this.

This oven lid seems to benefit screen/pax pusher users/water pipe adapter users. The added airflow being the benefit here.

I haven't noticed vapor escaping the vent holes.

I can't comment on smell yet vs the default lid but use your better judgement here.

some pics:

9Zh5oB2.jpg

LPEzjif.jpg

xFcr1fW.jpg

fICegEj.jpg
I'm throughly enjoying my vented oven lid as well. Gives you more control if you want more airflow and a cooler vape.

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
Has there been any updates about the pax 2 clones already? Haven't checked this thread for a while, but I believe they are reality now. Getting emails from alibaba sellers every day. Prices between 65-95USD.
In other words, watch out where you get your pax 2 from.

mrweed,

VapeThis

Has anyone had any issues with poor vapor production on the pax 2? I have 2 p2's and the slightly older one vapes like a champ, whereas the new one usually doesn't produce well at all on level 1. I thought it was the screen as the newer one has the screen with dimples and sometimes it works ok, but usually not. Thanks!

VapeThis,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom