• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Pax 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
its very snug, hard to get on. But once it sits on the p2 for a bit it comes on and off easily. I am glad I have them. So far I am just putting one in the mp end and it seems to have cut out the odor. Here is a pic of the pax 2 wearing its beenie.
:rockon:

Heck yeah! I've noticed the caps will stretch a bit with time and fit the Pax better after a few weeks.

microduck

elementary vaporist
guys i think i will get the end caps also from @Ratchett . andi think it will even act as a protective when its dropped because when i drop the pax2 the edges are rough which is fine but i think the caps will help for that and pocket lint and smell thats what i like just simplicity like that!

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
So far I haven't found a case for my Pax 2 that I have liked but I think I just made one. I got out the needle and thread with a little velcro. Very well made and it was free.

Hey nice1, that sounds pretty nifty.

But seriously, you think can just post these sort of messages WITHOUT pictures?! :disgust:

Hmmmm I think you know better than that Steama.

And to think, you'd almost gotten away with it too! :p

(Pesky kids!)

Now come on boyo, show us your handiwork ;)

Peace bro.
:peace:

Mr. Me2

High @VegNVape

I would my friend but it is now become TOP SECRET for a short time. Once I made mine I went a little crazy and decided to make more with some additional 'special features' for the Pax2. Once the prototypes are made I will post some images within about a week — some styles for the guys and some for the ladies. They will be some slick looking cases I think people will like.

:tup:
Nice tease!

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Yea @microduck ... The caps are an essential expenditure, I need to order some too! I see the pax2 is the only vape in the lineup...not too many others would survive a fall in the first place! I think the pax and pax2 are the most durable vaporizers out there
@VegNVape i was thinking the same thing :hmm: so I will echo your sentiments ...pic please?
...oh top secret you say...I'll wait then

AirBear

I have had a very difficult time so far getting any sort of quantity vapor production with the pax 2 so far. I've had it for about a month. Packed it light, full and tight. Tried almost all temp settings and still only get very tiny clouds. I own a few other vapes all with WAY better vapor quality than this. All I vids I've seens online people get fat clouds so I have no idea what's wrong

AirBear,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I have had a very difficult time so far getting any sort of quantity vapor production with the pax 2 so far. I've had it for about a month. Packed it light, full and tight. Tried almost all temp settings and still only get very tiny clouds. I own a few other vapes all with WAY better vapor quality than this. All I vids I've seens online people get fat clouds so I have no idea what's wrong
What other vapes do you own?

I get the Pax2 to produce enough vapor to gag me. It is seriously a vapor producer in my opinion. I don't have a single complaint so far.
I'm with you on that...my only complaint is not seeing your hand crafted case! But I'm pretty fucked up right now, had a combo session...first the pax, then the mighty then the solo with a vapor genie bowl to top it off (they ALL produce)

Last edited:

AirBear

What other vapes do you own?

I'm with you on that...my only complaint is not seeing your hand crafted case! But I'm pretty fucked up right now, had a combo session...first the pax, then the mighty then the solo with a vapor genie bowl to top it off (they ALL produce)
Mighty, Arizer air, lotus, I had a original pax aswell. On of my friends also got a pax 2 from own of our local head shops and it did exactly the same thing my pax did, it litteraly just doesnt give me vape regardless of how I hit it or pack it

AirBear,

Mr. Me2

Mighty, Arizer air, lotus, I had a original pax aswell. On of my friends also got a pax 2 from own of our local head shops and it did exactly the same thing my pax did, it litteraly just doesnt give me vape regardless of how I hit it or pack it
I agree with Steama. Try very lightly sipping your pax 2. The more gentle the pull the better. It makes a big difference...for me anyway.

Vapor King

You're doing it wrong :doh: :lmao:

Vapor King,
Reactions: steama

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
There are a bunch of factors it could be, which mouth piece are you using? I find the flat one works better for me and I take 2 second cigar type hits and let the bowl sit about 5 seconds between draws...I was asking about other vaporizers you owned to get a sense of which draw technique you might be most familiar with, the pax2 hits differently from all the ones in your lineup including the pax one (imo)

What works for me is super fine grind, pack bowl down with pipe screen and place oven lid...put it on 2or 3 petals and sip slow, not a full on assault lung hit! I also use the air in my mouth to draw the hit then I inhale it into my lungs after (if that makes sense) the last culprit could be your flowers, but if they are producing in your other vapes...

Last edited:

Romi

Hi all,

I am from France and new on this forum (I already read all the 63 pages to make me wait until I receive my Pax 2, thanks a lot for all this information)

I managed to get one Pax 2 sent to me by a friend that bought it in the US, I am looking forward to receiving it :).

I quitted smoking tobacco cigarettes through E-cigarette, and I really want to never smoke tobacco anymore so I have to stop smoking joints, while I enjoy the effects. (I consider myself as a light smoker, I smoke a little one with tobacco and some weed on it per day, and I don't mind when I have no more weed for some times).

I have a few questions about the Pax 2:

1) I bought this grinder, do you think it will grind fine enough to vape correctly ? Would it be better for me to buy a finishing grinder? Will the difference be very noticable? http://www.vaporisateur.net/grinder...-pollinisateur-avec-filtre-silver-window.html I did not use grinder before, cause I did not mind grinding weed with my fingers for my joints.

2) I read on FC that the transition from combustion to vape may be hard: is it possible to begin with some tobacco mixed with weed in the oven and then diminish the tobacco quantity step by step to soften the transition ? I read that it could damage the vaporizer but the pax 2 is marketed as a tobacco vaporizer (see their website) so I don't understand...

3) 0,3 grams for 1 full oven seems to be an enormous quantity for me (I would say I consume this quantity per week with one little stick a day, or maybe 0,5 I have no weighing machine) => Will it be efficient to take one draw per day on my pax 2 to get the same power of high I have today and then leave it for the following day ? Or will it damage the weed and reduce the effects? Maybe the solution will be to buy a pusher.

4) For those who stopped cigarette thanks to e-cig like me, is the transition from joints to vape similar in terms of feeling ? Or is it uncomparable?

I hope this little beauty will make me totally stop tobacco :)

Thank you for reading,

Have a nice day

(I am not a native speaker so tell me if something is not clear enough in my questions)

Last edited:

max

Out to lunch
do you think it will grind fine enough to vape correctly ?
Should be fine. Looks like a 4 pc. To get a finer grind you can just hold it upside down and grind more.
I read on FC that the transition from combustion to vape may be hard: is it possible to begin with some tobacco mixed with weed in the oven and then diminish the tobacco quantity step by step to soften the transition ? I read that it could damage the vaporizer but the pax 2 is marketed as a tobacco vaporizer (see their website) so I don't understand...
It's an adjustment going from smoking mj to vaping mj, since with smoke you get byproducts that have a sedative effect and aren't cannabis related. Tobacco is a whole different story, since that gives more effects that again have nothing to do with cannabis. Tobacco won't ruin a vaporizer, but it does compromise the taste and make it quite a bit harder to clean.
0,3 grams for 1 full oven seems to be an enormous quantity for me
You don't have to load a lot in any vaporizer, but if you just load a very small amount, you won't feel like you're getting a hit, nor will you see much if any vapor on exhale. If the herb turns dry and brown though, then it's getting vaporized and you should be getting effects from it. As for loading more and just taking one hit, yes you can do that. But even if you shut it down after one hit, you'll be wasting at least one more hit, since the vape will still be at vaping temp until the temp drops sufficiently.
For those who stopped cigarette thanks to e-cig like me, is the transition from joints to vape similar in terms of feeling ? Or is it uncomparable?
With either tobacco or e-cigs, you're getting nicotine. Kicking that addiction doesn't really figure into mj vaping IMO. Smoking gives you smoke byproducts, whether it's mj smoke or tobacco smoke. Tobacco adds a stimulant effect to vaping as well.
I hope this little beauty will make me totally stop tobacco
It may help. Depends on the person. Nicotine is very addictive. If you really want to quit you can. Don't count on vaping to make it easy though.
(I am not a native speaker so tell me if something is not clear enough in my questions)
Your English is very good. Not a problem at all.

Received the case today, have to say, I'm very pleased with it. It seals in odor, is strong, fits comfortably in the pocket, and has very good action.
I found that I can pull it out a little bit, brace it with a finger, and still hit it.

1Mb7r1g.jpg

X3Vj066.jpg

zxCileM.jpg

It fits the extended mouthpiece too. Which ever one you choose, the Pax will not jiggle at all. It's solid in there.

I feel like I got the bases covered. I also got a Pelican case for distance travel and storage. Have just about everything I need in it. Including extra mouthpieces, screens, and a spare oven lid.

tMLy1wW.jpg

Last edited:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I made one of these liquid pad screens and they are fantastic for smaller loads. It is much better than the bent screen trick. Thanks @francomg :tup:

What makes it better than the bent screen? I have a liquid oad, but before I destroy it I want to make sure it was for a good cause

GroteFoto-G8BR3MDW.jpg

GroteFoto-EO4LTJK8.jpg
What makes this better than the rolled screen? I have a spare liquid pad and want to know before I kill it

Last edited:
WakeAndVape,
Reactions: Vapetrees

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I agree with @francomg it holds much more firm and feels like it performs better (as in more full hits) than the bent screen. As of yet I can't give you a physics explanation why it works so well, but, I am very pleased I sacrificed a liquid pad. I say give it a try. It is a much better solution than a rolled screen any way you look at it. :2c:

A Volcano :spliff:
What's the best shaping method for the liquid pad?

WakeAndVape,

Mr. Me2

Received the case today, have to say, I'm very pleased with it. It seals in odor, is strong, fits comfortably in the pocket, and has very good action.
I found that I can pull it out a little bit, brace it with a finger, and still hit it.

1Mb7r1g.jpg
hey Ratchett - give you any ideas for improvement?

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
hey Ratchett - give you any ideas for improvement?
Lol, I have a higher end hydrophobic plastic which would be more durable and better suited to this purpose (ABS plastic is not hydrophobic and will absorb water over time. So his advertising is wrong, those cases are water-resistant, not waterproof).

Although I won't "steal" someone else's design. Jrad made them first, and I'm going to let him make these. If he wished to Co-Lab with me and publish his work on my store, I'd be open to helping test/tweak the design as needed.

If someone wants a different case (similar to my Haze can-cases) or something else, I'd be open to discussing the design, but I won't directly copy another's work.

For now, I stock the vinyl Pax2 caps to trap all smells emanating from the vape. I have a pair for my Pax1 and love them. Works great to prevent the oven/mouthpiece from popping off when dropped, and the smell is gone when I cap both ends.

I'm honestly anxious to see what @steama can come up

nykwil

Finally got the vented oven lid from newvape.

Some initial impressions from the one bowl pack I've had with it.

While outside on 1 leaf the hit is not as hot and slightly airier, same with heat setting 2 if you hit it with the vents fully open, however, if you cup your pax 2 in your palm or close it with a finger, you can use breathing technique to control this to get different levels of vapor production, I like this, it adds a bit of dimension. Did about 8 pulls, shut it off. Checked the bud and it was visibly still green. Stirred and gave it a whirl on heat setting 2 on my water pipe. Nice and milky! The added airflow definitely helped, again, using a finger over the lid helped control airflow and vapor production. It really excelled at heat setting 3-4 in this mode, as you can adjust the hit to be cooler or hotter when you can control the airflow with your finger. I was able to do about 4-6 more water pipe sized rips at this setting.

.2 grams heavier than the default lid. 1 whole piece vs 2 of the default lid

some finely ground cannabis could fall out of the vent holes, but the nature of weed will make it clump up around it pretty quickly preventing much if any weed falling out, would have been cool if there were a mesh screen here or the ability to pop in your own, I will probably experiment with this.

This oven lid seems to benefit screen/pax pusher users/water pipe adapter users. The added airflow being the benefit here.

I haven't noticed vapor escaping the vent holes.

I can't comment on smell yet vs the default lid but use your better judgement here.

some pics:

9Zh5oB2.jpg

LPEzjif.jpg

xFcr1fW.jpg

fICegEj.jpg

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I haven't noticed vapor escaping the vent holes.

Try looking under a strong light. Vapour will escape through those holes unless you always hold the Pax 2 with the oven facing down. Even then, I believe some could seep out.

pakalolo,
Reactions: steama
Lol, I have a higher end hydrophobic plastic which would be more durable and better suited to this purpose (ABS plastic is not hydrophobic and will absorb water over time. So his advertising is wrong, those cases are water-resistant, not waterproof).

Although I won't "steal" someone else's design. Jrad made them first, and I'm going to let him make these. If he wished to Co-Lab with me and publish his work on my store, I'd be open to helping test/tweak the design as needed.

If someone wants a different case (similar to my Haze can-cases) or something

From my understanding, one would have to essentially live in water to reach absorption levels that would compromise the integrity of the material. Day to day, it'll hold up to what I want it to. You know, survive a push in the pool by some model, have a drunk transient spill his warm beer on it, be assaulted by ruffians and have their dog urinate on me; you know, normal everyday stuff.

That being said, I would like to have the option of living underwater with it. How do we go about designing a better option? I'm willing to throw some cash at an R&D project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom