• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Pax 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

We5d

Emmaus Smoke Shop is authorized to sell our products from their brick and mortar location, but are not authorized to sell online. We will be reaching out to the store now - appreciate the heads up!
What about phone orders?

We5d,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
First impressions. It will serve the purpose I bought it for very well indeed.

Sleek and easily hidable in the hand. Great design and build!
First bowl some was some king Kong kush, medium dryness fine grind and packed in to the top.
First couple slow long pulls gave some good tasting kinda dense vapor, then three more wispier pulls and then seems like no vapor so I cashed the load, it did give me "good effect" but the abv was not to dark and if I hadn't dumped it in my lap I would have put it in the mighty ;)

It's like after the first couple hits I lost interest, loaded up my mighty and the song like a virgin went off in mi head. I bought an ascent before and returned it straight away, this seems like a similar vape signature, but better density. IMO it can't produce the thick, strong, dense, tasty vapor the s&b portables can. But its stealth properties, great build and cra cra warranty make me happy I bought in.

This will be for when I am working lots or out and about and want some mild vapor, so it fits my need perfect. But for at home or when I really want the full effect, mighty all the way.

I will try different variables and post back. I know with fine tuning it will get better...any tips yall?

What temp did you have it set at? I have found that if I fully pack a load, and start on petal 2, I get a few good solid vapor hits (good flavor) then it seems to either need to be stirred to expose more of the densly packed load to the heat at that low of a temp or I can just bump it up to 3 or 4 and not stir, and continue to get plenty of vapors for a while, and have successfully milked my glass with the pax2 on petal 4/party mode, at the end of the load, I will usually finish it on glass if I am home. I would suggest using it a bit more, and maybe make sure your screen isn't blocking air flow becaue I have had nothing but success with my pax2, with all the herbs I have tried with it, even coarsely broken up.

Vapor Loop

Emmaus Smoke Shop is authorized to sell our products from their brick and mortar location, but are not authorized to sell online. We will be reaching out to the store now - appreciate the heads up!

I am quite interested in this for a couple different reasons. I will only get things online and have sent to a state i'm not in if the seller happens to be in the state i am in to avoid taxes, So why is the warranty no good if it's ordered from them online instead? I also have an interest in this issue because i was going to start online Vaporizer sales, But i will not have a real store at first and might not ever. I would rather do online sales because it's much cheaper.

Vapor Loop,

Ojan_at_PAX

Social Media Manager @ PAX
Company Rep
So why is the warranty no good if it's ordered from them online instead?

Only purchases from authorized locations will come with the warranty. vaporearth.com is not an authorized online retailer for PAX.

I will only get things online and have sent to a state i'm not in if the seller happens to be in the state i am in to avoid taxes

paxvapor.com will apply tax if the state it's going to has it, but you may have better/different results with vapeworld.com.

I also have an interest in this issue because i was going to start online Vaporizer sales, But i will not have a real store at first and might not ever. I would rather do online sales because it's much cheaper.

Sounds like a good question for our Sales team! When the time comes you'll want to submit this form to get a dialogue going.

Ojan_at_PAX,

JoeKickass

Hey dudes, vaporearth.com is not an authorized online retailer for our products. Any PAX purchased from that website will not come with a 10 year warranty.

It's authorized as stated by a VapeWorld associate. Kind of butt hurt I ordered so early...didn't think the price would go below MSRP...!

So which is it? Because I think I remember Ploom being really anal about that with the warranty. (Kind of money-grubbing and anti-customer IMO)

JoeKickass,
Reactions: BSki

Stringer

I just used it for the first time. I set the temp on 1, packed a bowl, and it immediately started smoking. Had to put the oven lid on and wisk it outside. It's also so hot you cannot hold it in your hand for longer than 10-15 seconds or so. Its that hot. On 1.

drawing with the flat mouth piece gets very hot and you have to pull away.

wtf

Stringer,

willieR

Been here since 2009
^^ It's business ^^ Grey market vendors ultimately are not great for the market.

willieR,

adam_baumm

Ohh. And I think the top of the load needs a screen of some kind (that comes in the box!), I don't like how loading it leaves lots of material above the oven. With a top screen it would be much better and easier/clean to load.

adam_baumm,

microduck

elementary vaporist
Ohh. And I think the top of the load needs a screen of some kind (that comes in the box!), I don't like how loading it leaves lots of material above the oven. With a top screen it would be much better and easier/clean to load.
packing the top of the load using the oven lid is working pretty great and now i tested to find out i dont even need any spacer at all if i pack it down in place and finding the right heat setting which i think is important as well

adam_baumm

packing the top of the load using the oven lid is working pretty great and now i tested to find out i dont even need any spacer at all if i pack it down in place and finding the right heat setting which i think is important as well
how much are you loading, to the top of the oven? And loose pack or tamped? And how is the grind?

adam_baumm,

Vapor King

I know bad reviews are not tolerated around here but for the sake of trying to save people some $$$ I'll take the beaten! :goon:

Here goes....

Don't waste your money on the screen sandwich kit.

Top get real hot.... I think it takes away for the efficiency

bottom screen doesn't fit snug.... so when you empty oven it comes out too....once again very hot.

simple solution... with any amount... just pack it real tight! :clap:

What I would do instead if you think you "need" something.... :rant:

Think you need more airflow : take a file and improve the scallops on original screen.

Think you need a spacer : take a standard pipe screen and roll it and use that as your spacer.

Once again just my opinion :2c:

Chill Dude

I just used it for the first time. I set the temp on 1, packed a bowl, and it immediately started smoking. Had to put the oven lid on and wisk it outside. It's also so hot you cannot hold it in your hand for longer than 10-15 seconds or so. Its that hot. On 1.

drawing with the flat mouth piece gets very hot and you have to pull away.

wtf

Your unit is malfunctioning. Consult with the Pax support team to figure this out. The Pax 2 is known to get warm (not hot) with extended use on level 3 or 4, but never hot like you can't hold it..

adam_baumm

I am going to try part of a liquid pad from my mighty on top and a rolled pipe screen. Will post back.

adam_baumm,

JamesTiberiousKirk

Well, I just called my local recreational marijuana store (that is so fun to be able to say) and they have a good supply of Pax 2s in stock in four colors.

It will take at least till Friday for me to make it out there, but I haven't decided on a color yet anyway. I am thinking black, but my heart says platinum.

VAS wins again.

Chill Dude

I'm still trying to figure out what the pusher is. Is it an alternative oven lid that you can supposedly adjust depending on load size, or is just a piece of metal shaped like the oven to simply tamp down the material. I'm lost..

Also, how small of loads are we talking about. I've loaded as little as .1g without a sandwich or a pusher or whatever you call it. I packed it down at the bottom of the oven and got great vapor!

@JamesTiberiousKirk listen to your heart the Platinum is sharp looking!!

SmorezNTickles

It's real.
So which is it? Because I think I remember Ploom being really anal about that with the warranty. (Kind of money-grubbing and anti-customer IMO)

To everyone still wondering about VaporEarth, this is what they had to say:

"We've spoken to many industry contacts and the overwhelming response is that PAX will check the serial number of the product, and if it's valid, they will provide warranty service (without a bill of sale proving that you purchased it from an authorized reseller). However, if for some reason they don't provide you with warranty service, our policy is to cover the warranty on our own.

If there is ever a time when the manufacturer is unable or unwilling to honor their warranty, VaporEarth will cover the warranty and facilitate coverage. We are able to do so because we work with authorized resellers and distributors, with whom we place the bulk orders who also have their own ways in handling such scenarios.

VaporEarth will request for the product to be sent back to a specified return address (which will be provided to you via email). Upon receipt of the defective product, VaporEarth will make every effort possible to ensure your satisfaction by shipping you a replacement product. VaporEarth will pay for all shipping costs related to warranty service. VaporEarth also reserves the right to refund the purchase price as its exclusive warranty remedy.

Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns."

----------------------------------

I understand why Pax wouldn't want online competition but this is kind of disappointing for those you decided to support Pax Labs and order directly from their website. Ordering directly from Pax Labs should offer some kind of benefit/incentive in return in my opinion; as from seeing this and the shipping chaos from a few weeks back, there will most likely be a decrease in sales directly from Pax Labs in the near future. Not trying to attack the company in anyway, but just offering my viewpoints as a rather upset customer. Mods please have mercy! :luv:

EDIT: Quotations.

Last edited:

microduck

elementary vaporist
just 1 finger pinch of loose herbs filled to the oven brim but by the time that its packed down the oven is only half full and that works very great- and just session it all the way through on heat setting 3 (although you can start on 1 or 2 if you want) but i find there's no need to go to heat 4 with that amount
how much are you loading, to the top of the oven? And loose pack or tamped? And how is the grind?

Last edited:

microduck

elementary vaporist
Thanks micro.
you're welcome @adam_baumm high five!

also about the screen with/out the footprint, you'll notice it came slightly bent at an angle (i think the ones with the foot print do as well but not sure) - but anyways i just slightly bent mine just a little bit more in that same direction just so it has more tail on one side like a directional skateboard - that made it so there's a little less resistance but also allot has to do with how full the oven is because when i pack down a completely full oven firmly to the top of the brim then the air flow is very restricted and is like sucking through a milkshake straw but when i pack the oven just half full the air flow is much less restricted and easier to suck through and also it doesnt use as much herbs that way either my friend :)

JoeMama

Don't waste your money on the screen sandwich kit.

Top get real hot.... I think it takes away for the efficiency

bottom screen doesn't fit snug.... so when you empty oven it comes out too....once again very hot.

simple solution... with any amount... just pack it real tight! :clap:

What I would do instead if you think you "need" something.... :rant:

Think you need more airflow : take a file and improve the scallops on original screen.

Think you need a spacer : take a standard pipe screen and roll it and use that as your spacer.

Mr. King, that is IMHO the sagest advice on how to stuff the Pax (either 1 or 2).

Science 101:
• Metal absorbs heat energy and decreases efficiency. Therefore, the less metal the better, and a rolled up stainless screen is the way to go.

Pack tight enough to keep the material together, but not too tight such that airflow is impeded. After several hits, use a dental tool or toothpick to break up the "brick", and re-pack, and do your business again. Rinse, Lather, Repeat ...

microduck

elementary vaporist
and a rolled up stainless screen is the way to go.
i was using the rolled up screen way but then i realized that because the pax2 oven is narrower and deeper that even a small amount of herbs will stay in place at the bottom of the oven by packing it in and didnt even need the rolled screen anyways (just my opinion)

microduck,

HerbieVonVapster

Pack tight enough to keep the material together, but not too tight such that airflow is impeded. After several hits, use a dental tool or toothpick to break up the "brick", and re-pack, and do your business again. Rinse, Lather, Repeat ...

Guess this is the reason I like using 2 screens in the same way as the pax 1. I really don't want to have to repack and stir. I was finding the material closes to the new pax2 oven lid wasn't as evenly cooked as rest of oven load. With the 2 screen it's now better evenly vaped with out messing with repacking and stirring.

microduck

elementary vaporist
with out messing with repacking and stirring.
dare i give away too many of my secrets here but here goes my favorite way is with a completely full oven of fine shred, firmly packed but not overpacked, & last but not least the trick is to session it on each petal starting from 1 to 4 and its ok to take as long of a break as you need inbettween each petals, enjoy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom