Discontinued Pax 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I thought I said I was not implying.... I've never used the word liar.

So anyone can make a statement and no one can call BS...that's just silly???

It fall into the first rule if you thinks someone is being misleading which is not NICE.... you should call BS for the sake of helping the other member which is NICE....no???
In your first statement, you said:
Am I the only one that finds this comment less than truthful???
"less than truthful" can only imply one thing.

There are a few reasons that I can think of as to why the post in question was not factual.

A) He was speaking tongue in cheek, hence the winky face.
B) He was under the impression that they didn't have product yet, but was mis-informed.
C) He was lying.

We tend to give people the benefit of the doubt around here, and not jump to conclusions. Why you jumped to the conclusion that it was "C" is beyond me, as I would've put money on one of the first two possible (if not more) reasons I listed.

:peace:

Vapor King

I think you are jumping to conclusion...

I asked about the comment .... not the person.... a person can be a liar not a comment but a comment can be FALSE ( less than truthful)....or incorrect (less than truthful) ....but the person who spoke them isn't necessarily a LIAR

Vapor King,

Vaporcussion

I walked into my local head shop today, and there was the Pax 2! One day before the release. So Vapeworld isn't the only one. They only had charcoal and silver....
I'm holding off until I can see the topaz in person...

Vaporcussion,
Reactions: VegNVape

MolecularConcept

I was thinking about getting a new phone then I got an email from vapeworld advertizing the pax 2...needless to say new phone is on hold.... girlfriend get the orriginal , and I might be able to get away with getting a Breitling too.....

JoeMama

Apologies not necessary, memory lapse due to enthusiastic testing is one of my many flaws.

My standard load originated with my MFLB. That's how much I use in it and when I started trying other devices I wanted a direct comparison. Despite what you read about the need for fully packed loads or spacers, I've found it works in almost everything I've tried. The Ascent is the only exception that I can recall, since I had to use a spacer. The Indica works without the spacer but is much improved with one. Cloud production is often improved with full loads, packing, or spacers. If you are after thick clouds then my load probably isn't the best. As you'd expect however, those techniques usually result in faster stash consumption.

Love this forum and love my Pax 1... Just ordered the 2 :)

A question, please, for anyone who can enlighten me:

I've learned that a good grind packed firmly, even using a little bit with a the well-known bent screen trick, is the best way to get the most out of a load. This seems not to be the case with the Pax 2.

I can't imagine how a loose load that shakes around in the oven will reach the desired temperature! It's not the air in the chamber that is measured, but the surfaces of it. And, if you were able to visualize the cross section of the pax 2 chamber with the oven lid attached, would you see a "sealed" chamber such that the herb would stay well-enclosed? I mean, how "tight" is that "seal"?

Finally, regarding all this, how fine or coarse a grind is optimal for the Pax 2? It seems like all I need to do is break up a bud and crumble a bit in the oven, pop on the lis and hit it, occasionally "shaking" the thing to get the most out of it......

Much appreciated!!!

JoeMama,

microduck

elementary vaporist
hey guys, hoping someone knows a little more about the lip sensor and also the temp adjustments that occur according to the drag...

i'm just curious to how it works... but my guess would be that the oven temp is adjusted while taking the drag according to how long your lips are being sensed on the mouth piece?

and then after watching the video of the pax2 being cut open the guy said he didn't see any thing to indicate a sensor near the mp... so im just wondering how really the lip sensor works... hehe

microduck,

buddhaholic420

Grand master-vaper
There is no best vaporizer. Its really a preference thing. I personally love the sleekness and stealth factor. I have the pax 1 so I know how conduction vapes taste. I know there is improvement, but I don't generally expect the best flavor since this is conduction. So for flavor category not the best. For stealth seems like a winner.

buddhaholic420,
Reactions: zor

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I thought I said I was not implying.... I've never used the word liar.

So anyone can make a statement and no one can call BS...that's just silly???

It fall into the first rule if you thinks someone is being misleading which is not NICE.... you should call BS for the sake of helping the other member which is NICE....no???

It's not silly at all. You can disagree and you can explain why something is nonsense, but you aren't allowed to called it BS because that's inflammatory and leads to flame wars.

I think you are jumping to conclusion...

I asked about the comment .... not the person.... a person can be a liar not a comment but a comment can be FALSE ( less than truthful)....or incorrect (less than truthful) ....but the person who spoke them isn't necessarily a LIAR

This is exactly why I suggested that you might have used the word mistaken. That would have been respectful and had the same effect.

You might also consider that playing lawyer to justify yourself doesn't work well here. If you want to argue with moderators, you should do it in PMs because we have another rule:
  • Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the site. If you have any concerns or queries relating to a staff decision please take it up in private with a staff member.

Love this forum and love my Pax 1... Just ordered the 2 :)

A question, please, for anyone who can enlighten me:

I've learned that a good grind packed firmly, even using a little bit with a the well-known bent screen trick, is the best way to get the most out of a load. This seems not to be the case with the Pax 2.

I can't imagine how a loose load that shakes around in the oven will reach the desired temperature! It's not the air in the chamber that is measured, but the surfaces of it. And, if you were able to visualize the cross section of the pax 2 chamber with the oven lid attached, would you see a "sealed" chamber such that the herb would stay well-enclosed? I mean, how "tight" is that "seal"?

Finally, regarding all this, how fine or coarse a grind is optimal for the Pax 2? It seems like all I need to do is break up a bud and crumble a bit in the oven, pop on the lis and hit it, occasionally "shaking" the thing to get the most out of it......

Much appreciated!!!

Since I've been getting lots of vapour without packing the load or using any kind of spacer, I'm pretty sure that it reaches the desired temperature. ;)

The oven is not sealed tightly because air has to flow through it. It's tight enough to keep the load in, of course.

I don't think anyone has said that using a firmly packed load with a spacer isn't the best way to use the Pax 2. What I've said is that it works quite well without doing those things.

If you visit the early days of the original Pax thread, you'll see that I did the same thing with the P1 and it worked then too.

hey guys, hoping someone knows a little more about the lip sensor and also the temp adjustments that occur according to the drag...

i'm just curious to how it works... but my guess would be that the oven temp is adjusted while taking the drag according to how long your lips are being sensed on the mouth piece?

and then after watching the video of the pax2 being cut open the guy said he didn't see any thing to indicate a sensor near the mp... so im just wondering how really the lip sensor works... hehe

I've done a little more experimenting with this and I now believe that the capacitive sensing is incorporated in the on/off button, and has nothing to do with the shell. I concluded this by putting the Pax 2 in Party Mode 2. In this mode, the lights are solid until you trigger the sensor, at which point they begin flashing rapidly. You can touch the shell anywhere and nothing happens, but touch the area over the button and bam! Instant light show.

I don't know what temperature adjustments take place. We're told that the temperature drops about 10 seconds after you stop triggering the sensor. Since the flavour and battery life are prolonged, it seems clear to me that whatever the algorithm is, it works.

tjshipe

It's like Christmas for me as well! I've been following the tracking number obsessively. Last update shows my charcoal Pax 2 is only a few cities away. Can't wait!

Mr. Me2

Good morning all! My 1st time joining this thread (and I'm very new FC too). The stores in my area are expecting them today so I'm planning to go and see one. Not sure I'll pull the trigger...I'm on the fence between this and the GH.

I have a pax 1 and retired it. I hated the maintenance and felt it was wasteful. If this one solves those problems I may have to step up...

Mr. Me2,

shaolinmilk

Right now, I'm really conflicted between getting the Pax 2 and the Goboof Alfa to compliment my Crafty. I need to read/see some more reviews/opinions before I make a firm decision.

shaolinmilk,

SmorezNTickles

It's real.
All you lucky Ducks, mine hasn't even shipped yet...praying to the USPS gods for it to get here before the weekend ends! :bowdown:

SmorezNTickles,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Okay folks, please don't make me start moving posts to the infamous Shipping Anticipation thread. Post about your first experiences and reviews, but please don't tell us where yours is or how eager you are to get it. Thanks for understanding.

skyvaper

While waiting on different packages via mail, fedex whatever...Ive noticed Ive become a track addict. All pun intended

skyvaper,

½oz

Launched!
Its sad that my local head shop has them as of last night. Yet im still waiting for a tracking number direct from pax. I must say im very disappointed getting it later being ordered directly from the "source".

microduck

elementary vaporist
I've done a little more experimenting with this and I now believe that the capacitive sensing is incorporated in the on/off button, and has nothing to do with the shell. I concluded this by putting the Pax 2 in Party Mode 2. In this mode, the lights are solid until you trigger the sensor, at which point they begin flashing rapidly. You can touch the shell anywhere and nothing happens, but touch the area over the button and bam! Instant light show.

I don't know what temperature adjustments take place. We're told that the temperature drops about 10 seconds after you stop triggering the sensor. Since the flavour and battery life are prolonged, it seems clear to me that whatever the algorithm is, it works.
thanks for the reply about the sensor most likely being on the on/off mp button.
I'd still like to find out how it measures the "drag" - if it is based on time or if it's based on resistance :)

microduck,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom