1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Pax 2

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by pakalolo, Mar 9, 2015.

1. geefonk

geefonk Well-Known Member

Thanks.

Had a look at Puff It Up too. Prices are very reasonable especially with the discount they offer. Have sent them an email to get an idea of international shipping costs and timescales.

Do you happen to know if there Pax's come with the 10 year warranty?

I hope you don't mind all the questions!?

Mr. Me2 likes this.
  2. vapviking

vapviking Well-Known Member

The ten-year is a manufacturer warranty.

gonzorelli777, geefonk and Mr. Me2 like this.
  3. MinnBobber

MinnBobber Well-Known Member

...........................................................................................
    Yes, all Pax have a 10 year warranty which is really great that they stand behind their product!

gonzorelli777 and geefonk like this.
  4. Mr. Me2

Mr. Me2 Well-Known Member

Puffitup offers an extra discount for fc'ers. I forget the code, but maybe someone else here can help. Not sure it will apply to pax, but it doesn't hurt to ask!

And I see you got the answer on warranty. I've never had to make a claim on mine. And @Ojan_at_PAX is here all the time and unbelievably helpful.

gonzorelli777 and geefonk like this.
  5. geefonk

@gonzorelli777 - FYI

Also check the prices on Puff it Up to - cheaper than the euro suppliers and you can get extra discount if you look at the suppliers forum

Last edited: May 14, 2017
    gonzorelli777 likes this.
  6. gonzorelli777

gonzorelli777 Vape virgin

Thanks for all the info guys!

geefonk likes this.
  7. geefonk

It's a 2/3 week delivery time (to Edinburgh anyway).

gonzorelli777 likes this.
  8. geefonk

Looking for recommendations on the heat settings for the Pax 2 - going to give it a test run tonight. Do people tend to start low say 2 and work up to 4?

9. Mr. Me2

I start on 2 and finish on 3. But play with it and look for your sweet spot.

geefonk likes this.
  10. organicali

organicali Active Member

If I'm not using a water pipe I get plenty out of my material using heat settings 1 and 2. Flavor is best here too.

Vapetrees and geefonk like this.
  11. Xhaka

Xhaka New Member

My original Pax2 was already replaced due to the known sticky power button issue, and now the replacement unit is already failing. I also had the mouthpiece issue with my Pax1. I love the brand and have caused a number of people to purchase a Pax2, but I am wondering if it's worth trying again. Honestly, customer service on my replacement Pax2 was definitively poor until Ojan the Wizard stepped in and made things happen quickly.
    Just wondering if other users think it's worth another shot or is there another brand/unit worth checking? I truly love my Pax's but quality control and customer service have left me not wanting to deal with the hassle anymore. Thanks!

12. Mr. Me2

I think pax is a great product and company, although admittedly I haven't had any RMAs with my pax1 or 2.

I would suggest you pm @Ojan_at_PAX with your experience. I'm sure he appreciates the real world info and will make it right. Personally, my fingers are still crossed for a pax convection vape.

Hard to suggest other vapes without knowing more about your preferred vaping style (e.g, solo or with others, session or one-and-done, etc.) but even though it's hard to find the "perfect " vape, there's definitely a lot of choices.

Have to say there's nothing but love on the Vapcap thread for the company and its service, and the vape.

narrowsparrow likes this.
  13. narrowsparrow

narrowsparrow Well-Known Member

I start on 2 and end on 3. If I'm in a mood, I'll go one last draw on 4. It's all personal preference, but I try to get it hot enough for medical purposes. I seem to be able to handle higher heat in a convection devise...

14. likwid

likwid New Member

Hey guys. I'm on the fence about buying the Pax 2, or a couple others (Davinci IQ, Swift Pro, Arizer Solo 2, etc) as my first ever vape. Just wondering how the smell is when you're actually vaping compared to other vapes. I know the smell lingers on this unit after it's turned off, but is it more smelly than other vapes when you're actually vaping? I'll be vaping outside in my back yard, and I'm afraid of the smell getting over to their neighbors and having an issue with them about it. They are outside quite a lot.

15. narrowsparrow

narrowsparrow Well-Known Member

I don't think it's smellier than my Arizer Air, but if your neighbors know what weed smells like, then they'll be on to you!That is, unless it's a breezy evening. You can always position yourself such that the vapor avoids nosey noses.

I really love my Pax 2; it's gotten me through some awful family situations! :D Good luck with your first-ever vape. Big decision.

likwid likes this.
  16. likwid

likwid New Member

Thanks for the advice :)

Does anyone know how little material you can use in the Pax 2 with the half pack lid? I'm looking to buy my first vape, and my tolerance is extremely low. I'm still trying to decide if the Pax is right for me, and I don't want to be wasting a ton of material when I only need a little to get high.

17. Mr. Me2

I think you should consider a convection vape.

Don't get me wrong... pax is a great vape. But conduction vapes are session vapes and you need to finish what you start. With convection, you can use what you want and come back to it later

18. likwid

likwid New Member

I don't think I necessarily want to just take 2 puffs and go. I'm not against a session, but I want to be able to use small amounts (0.1g) for it to start off with until my tolerance builds up. Anyone with the half-pack lid have experience with that amount in it?

19. Mr. Me2

You don't have to worry about the half lid. You can just use a folded screen or the pusher (from New Vape, I think) to limit the amount of your load to any amount you want. I've used both methods with great success.

vapviking likes this.
  20. vapviking

vapviking Well-Known Member

Mr. Me2 likes this.
  21. likwid

likwid New Member

I was inquiring about the half pack lid, because it comes with the Pax 2 that i'm looking at. From what I've seen, I believe it's better than the pusher? Does the same thing, but is one solid piece.

22. Mr. Me2

I haven't tried the half pack lid, but if I remember right, it's (safe) plastic. I believe the pusher is titanium, so it helps conduct heat. And not a big (extra) investment.

Plus the pusher is adjustable so it gives you more flexibility with load size

The half pack lid is more simple to use because you don't have the extra piece to futz with.

23. monkeyrider

monkeyrider Well-Known Member

Grrr! Just had my second PAX2 power button go bad. (1 year after being replaced the first time for the same thing).

I've emailed PAX Support but haven't gotten any action (since Friday).

Sad that I have to come here to complain in order to potentially get some attention on the warranty!

@Ojan_at_PAX - can you assist? (again) :)

24. Ojan_at_PAX

Ojan_at_PAX Social Media Manager @ PAX Company Rep

Sorry to hear that :( I'm happy to help. Can you message me your support case number?

Mr. Me2 likes this.
  25. monkeyrider

monkeyrider Well-Known Member

Done.

Ojan_at_PAX likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors