• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Pax 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

allareas

I ‘ve already contacted Pax and opened a ticket.
I got a first response and waiting for a solution.
The unit was bought from a retailer on the UK, but now I live in other country that thing makes me a little bit worried.

allareas,

Mrb58

Hi new to forum and to vaping
Using pax 2 for the last 2-3 months now
( already with one factory repair replacement ). Generally pretty happy with it. I use it in the following manner

In oven
Layer 1: 3D screen
Layer 2: just enough finely ground herb to layer everything -no exposed metal ?? 0.06/7
Layer 3: 3d screen
Layer 4 : screw on 3D screen that is part of the vented lid

Love getting ripped w this little

Question

The air has a convoluted path through the hot oven before it reaches the herb
The layers 3 & 4get pretty hot.

Have I inadvertently made the pax a dual convection /conduction vape

As you must realize -I Sm pretty ripped-consequently this question feels really important

Mrb58

I really appreciatte such quick answers, really! given what you both said I ended up purchasing the pusher + 3d screen, just to avoid de cake tester + spare screens, I don't mind it falling every time I empty the chamber.

How come PAX2 thread has become that less active? Is the 3 version that much better? I hope I didn't make a mistake purchasing it today, I've been out of this market for a year and I was hoping the PAX 2 to still be up there with the best ones..

well thanks you two, really helped me.
i use the version 2 vented lid and two 3 d screens with a very small amount 0.05-0.1 gm of herb sandwiched in between. sometimes it fails ( no high- but still good flavor) but most times it works great.

i am beginning to think that this may be as now i have a significant airpath through the hot oven before the air hits the herb. the vented lid has a 3d screen like pusher at the bottom.

air path would be

lid--> empty part of oven --> space between pusher and proximal 3d screen --> herb
by second or third draw the oven and the metal screens inside should be plenty hot to heat air considerably before it hits herb

WirtDog

Wanted to share some reflections on Pax 2...

I have acquired all the accessories (including the factory half pack lid) to test this unit in multiple configurations. I had a good experience with customer service over an issue with not being able to change temps. Cleaned my defective unit, returned it for inspection, and promptly received a new unit with a new 10 year warranty. It has functioned perfectly since it arrived. So, happy with the support.

My main complaints are inefficiency, harshness of the vapor and the smell. To me the key regardless of how you configure is to keep the airway tube completely clean and the mouthpiece channels clean as well. I have the after market steel rod that makes it easy to clean with alcohol. I suspect many complaints about draw difficulties are a result of some obstruction in that tube? It takes very little residue to create a restriction.

I initially liked the NewVape screen because it does improve airflow and makes it easier to clean the airway tube. Easy in and out and easy to clean. I started thinking too much airflow might not necessarily be a good thing.

So, I went back to a complete factory configuration (flush mouth piece, factory screen, and factory oven lid. Perfectly clean as I described. Material ground fine with a Lift Innovations grinder. Packed well. Temp levels 3 and 4 produces very good vapor and good airflow. Wondering if Pax engineered the heating element and oven to work best with that think screen and factory flat mouthpiece and oven lid?

Smell can be dealt with with end caps if needed. Think limits of conduction are the reason for perceived inefficiency.

Probably a good matra for everyone is...to keep a clean vape! Helps efficiency and most likely longevity..

WirtDog,

kilo

I've got a question about the PAX2 and glass. I seldom use my PAX2 but I do like to bring it out when guests want to vape because it's so simple to use. I have the NV water pipe adapter and the hits through my bubbler are impressive. But I'm not sure about the right technique when it comes to the power button. Should I leave it "on" for the whole session? Or should I cycle it "on" and "off" with each draw? I'm asking because I'm not sure how the "standby" function works. There's supposed to be "lip sensing technology" or something which activates the oven but I don't know if this functions when the unit is sitting passively on top of a bubbler as opposed to being picked up and passed around. What's your experience been? Thanks!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
It's been a while since I used a Pax2 with water, but as I recall, the lip sensor is a bit of a boost that happens if the mouthpiece is touched lightly. I think I used to touch the adapter or near it with a finger to activate that boost for taking a hit.
I seem to remember a couple of the 'party' modes being good for this use. The lights will get more active when the temp is being applied, etc. I guess you can Google that and see the options as well as how to turn them on.

vapviking,
Reactions: KidFated.

chris 71

Hey pax people , i have a question and wondering if you guys might be able to help with .
I have a pax 2 and i want to get a half pac oven lid but i want to make sure its a legit pax lid made by pax.
not counterfit mainly because its made of plastic and i want to make sure its the high grade special plastic that pax says is safe .

So one of my local pipe and bong shops has pax vapes for sale and im pretty sure they are legit . but how can we be sure the accesories are as well ?
Are there conterfit parts floating around out there too ? Is it something to wonder about ?

chris 71,

chris 71

If they are an authorized dealer then they should be selling genuine parts.

How do we find out if they are really a authorized dealer other then asking . not saying they would lie about it but is there a way to check

chris 71,

loug

Just ordered the Pax 2 at the new lower price (and the shrunken warranty) and already wondering if I've made a mistake - is there anyone who has used the Pax 2 for at least 2 years who HASN'T had to return it for a defective power button?

Please, someone reassure me? :)

loug,

twigs

Pay no mind to those voices in my head
Just ordered the Pax 2 at the new lower price (and the shrunken warranty) and already wondering if I've made a mistake - is there anyone who has used the Pax 2 for at least 2 years who HASN'T had to return it for a defective power button?

Please, someone reassure me? :)
Yes. I’ve owned mine for 3+ years with no problems

twigs,

loug

Thanks, twigs - that helps. Easy to lose perspective seeing so many complaints...

loug,

BaHayZeus

Thanks, twigs - that helps. Easy to lose perspective seeing so many complaints...

I’ve had two Pax2s for at least 3 years with no power button issues. Granted mine don’t get used super hard but they’ve been reliable vapes for me. Honestly if I had to pick just one I think it would still be the Pax for stealth, durability and vapor quality.

BaHayZeus,

loug

I’ve had two Pax2s for at least 3 years with no power button issues. Granted mine don’t get used super hard but they’ve been reliable vapes for me. Honestly if I had to pick just one I think it would still be the Pax for stealth, durability and vapor quality.
Thanks - I needed that. I've bought a few vapes over the years that have been disappointing and hope not to do it again.

loug

Quick Pax 2 question - after Pax 2 starts up do you wait 'til it warms up and THEN change the temperature? Also, does Pax 2 return to the last-used temperature when starting or does it always come on at High?

TIA...

loug,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Quick Pax 2 question - after Pax 2 starts up do you wait 'til it warms up and THEN change the temperature? Also, does Pax 2 return to the last-used temperature when starting or does it always come on at High?

TIA...
You can change temp anytime pax is on. It is more usual to start lower and work up as you go through a session. Or set it and forget it, if you prefer.
The last temp setting is remembered, and is where it will re-start.

vapviking,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

narrowsparrow

I wish Pax would make a convection vape. I love their technology and ease of use, but I end up using the Arizer more because of the indirect source of heat.

narrowsparrow,

narrowsparrow

So I lost track of my Pax 2 screen(s). I went to their site to get more. For three of those little bitty screens, they wanted over $16 to mail them. That is flat-out gouging...

This is a company making over a billion bucks. Maybe Tyler Goldman is pals with Jeff Bezos? I bought the same branded Pax screens elsewhere. They charged $5.95 to mail them. That is reasonable; Pax is not. Does not leave me with a happy feeling towards this company. At all!

narrowsparrow,

narrowsparrow

I saw something similar on eBay, but there was a review saying they didn’t fit or something? a
Anyway, I’m heading to eBay next time around, for sure! Thanks for the info.

narrowsparrow,

narrowsparrow

Thanks, Papa Woody. Those look really useful. Do they lower the amount of bud you can put in the oven? I'm thinking the little lid comes off, and then you fill 'er up. I could be confused as that is my permanent state of being, so I'm just checking!

narrowsparrow,
Reactions: Papa Woody
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom