• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Pax 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Me2

I really appreciatte such quick answers, really! given what you both said I ended up purchasing the pusher + 3d screen, just to avoid de cake tester + spare screens, I don't mind it falling every time I empty the chamber.

How come PAX2 thread has become that less active? Is the 3 version that much better? I hope I didn't make a mistake purchasing it today, I've been out of this market for a year and I was hoping the PAX 2 to still be up there with the best ones..

well thanks you two, really helped me.
The thread is quiet, but the pax2 is a solid vape so don't worry! And the company is great too!

Have fun!!!

Mr. Me2,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I really appreciatte such quick answers, really! given what you both said I ended up purchasing the pusher + 3d screen, just to avoid de cake tester + spare screens, I don't mind it falling every time I empty the chamber.

How come PAX2 thread has become that less active? Is the 3 version that much better? I hope I didn't make a mistake purchasing it today, I've been out of this market for a year and I was hoping the PAX 2 to still be up there with the best ones..

I think pax2 is just a solid, no bs vape. There's not much more to say than has already been said. #3 adds oil capability and slightly better battery life, which don't add up to much more value for me.

vapviking,
Reactions: vapeOR

Justpassedu

Sorry to hear that :( I'm happy to help. Can you message me your support case number?
@Ojan_at_PAX , sorry to call you out but if you can help me out i'd greatly appreciate it , My Pax 2 has been down since before the holidays and the support on the site has been down and not working so i have no way of submitting a request. Sent you a pm - ty

Hoodooguru23

Hello!

I've just got a PAX 2 and I'd love to know what would be essential to buy. I know I want a spacer, the pusher seems to be getting the better results.. Do I need the 3d screen? Should I buy any spare screens due to wear off? I'd really appreciatte if somebody could help me with some "must-buys". Can I find any smell proof solution in ebay/amazon/etc.. I'm in Europe and deltastudios shipping costs kill me for a couple of caps.

thanks in advanced
Hey aniceto. My two and a half cents...

The big advantage of the Pax3 is heat up time with haptic feedback when it's ready. If you're trying to be stealthy it really helps. If it's mainly for home use it won't make that much difference. Either unit here's what I recommend:

- Delta caps. If you're going to carry your Pax out in the world these are essential. Without them, big smell. With them, no smell. Cheap, easy, right on point.
- Half Pack cap. This comes with some packages or can be purchased from Pax separately. I like to do a couple hits at a time, not a major session. Putting in half as much and getting 6-8 hits rather than a dozen or more means more of my hits have that beautiful virgin bowl taste (the taste degrades as you get later in the bowl).
- Pipe cleaners. These also work for me for popping out the screen while I clean the airpath. Iso alcohol, qtips and small paper towel pieces (I cut full sheets into smaller pieces). I also find, due to short fingernails, I need the "multitool" that comes with most Paxes or something else (paperclip) is required to get the flat mouthpiece out to clean.

I also recommend stirring the goods after every couple of hits. It allows me to keep getting good hits throughout the bowl. I also prefer not to grind my material as finely as others recommend. It makes material less likely to get past the screen and clog up the works and stirring breaks up clumps as you go through the bowl.

It's not essential but I like the Medtainer combo grinder/stash. It is a more than adequate grinder for my needs and smellproof stash container in one. I pour my ground goods right from the Medtainer into the oven and use my special, always handy packing device - my index finger - to tamp it down slightly.

I think you'll love your Pax. But expect to have to keep it clean to keep it from restricting airflow. Enjoy!

Masacr

Hows it going yall

I bought a Pax 2 back in June. Thing was great for 5-6 months on the daily. It has great battery life, ease of use, decent enough flavor, and nice vapor production. Overall, I really enjoyed using it. I used the half pack lid too. Two people I know bought one after using mine too lol.

Anyway, eventually I began to wonder about the safety of the Pax 2 and stopped using it. I have 2 concerns.

1. The heating chamber and the vapor path are stainless steel. I do not mind this, but both the half pack oven lid and the standard oven lid are not stainless steel and they sit right next to the heating chamber (which gets heated anywhere from 360 to 420 degrees for 5-10 minutes or more). I only used the half pack lid too, which extends down into the heating chamber, whereas the standard lid sits on top of the heating chamber. My concern is that whatever the half pack oven lid is made of is getting heated and possibly releasing toxic/cancerous vapors or something. I don't want to inhale synthetic materials.

2. My second concern is of similar nature and pertains to the heating element and any other internal parts near the heating element.

I stopped using the Pax 2 a couple of months ago because of these concerns. I have heard of other people with similar concerns and just wanted to gauge what the FC community thinks about this.

I would appreciate any input.

I also have the same concerns with the Mighty. (will post in proper section) Since I stopped using the Pax, I thought I'd buy a better one, but ran into the same concerns.

Cheers and Thank you

Masacr,

Mr. Me2

Hows it going yall

I bought a Pax 2 back in June. Thing was great for 5-6 months on the daily. It has great battery life, ease of use, decent enough flavor, and nice vapor production. Overall, I really enjoyed using it. I used the half pack lid too. Two people I know bought one after using mine too lol.

Anyway, eventually I began to wonder about the safety of the Pax 2 and stopped using it. I have 2 concerns.

1. The heating chamber and the vapor path are stainless steel. I do not mind this, but both the half pack oven lid and the standard oven lid are not stainless steel and they sit right next to the heating chamber (which gets heated anywhere from 360 to 420 degrees for 5-10 minutes or more). I only used the half pack lid too, which extends down into the heating chamber, whereas the standard lid sits on top of the heating chamber. My concern is that whatever the half pack oven lid is made of is getting heated and possibly releasing toxic/cancerous vapors or something. I don't want to inhale synthetic materials.

2. My second concern is of similar nature and pertains to the heating element and any other internal parts near the heating element.

I stopped using the Pax 2 a couple of months ago because of these concerns. I have heard of other people with similar concerns and just wanted to gauge what the FC community thinks about this.

I also have the same concerns with the Mighty. (will post in proper section) Since I stopped using the Pax, I thought I'd buy a better one, but ran into the same concerns.

Cheers and Thank you
Hey @Ojan_at_PAX, can you help and provide @Masacr details to erase his concerns? Thanks!

Mr. Me2,
Reactions: Masacr

Ojan_at_PAX

Social Media Manager @ PAX
Company Rep
Hey @Ojan_at_PAX, can you help and provide @Masacr details to erase his concerns? Thanks!

Hows it going yall

Cheers and Thank you

Absolutely! Thanks for the heads up.

For PAX 1, 2, and 3, the vapor path and oven are constructed from surgical-grade, stainless steel. They are sealed from the rest of the internal components.

All plastic materials are made from heat resistant, food-grade materials. They will withstand temperatures hotter than PAX will reach.

PAX uses a proprietary, non-ceramic tuned, thin film heater bonded to the laser-welded stainless steel oven, separate from the air path.

And, if you ever consider PAX 3 in the future, the PAX 3 concentrate insert is a precision CNC machined aluminum oven.

Let me know if you have any other questions :)

Masacr

Thank you Mr. Me2!

@Ojan_at_PAX, Thank you for your reply! I do have a couple of further questions if you have the time. I just hope to further my knowledge of the Pax because I thoroughly enjoyed my Pax 2 during the 5-6 months of use, but I have stopped using it because of my concerns.

- In regards to the temperature, I read that the food grade plastic material used in the Pax can withstand temperatures of up to about 445 degrees. What is the heating threshold of the food grade plastic?

- On the half pack oven lid and on the box of the Pax, there was a warning that said, "this product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm." What materials/parts used in the Pax 2 contain these chemicals?

-
PAX uses a proprietary, non-ceramic tuned, thin film heater bonded to the laser-welded stainless steel oven, separate from the air path.

- I just want to make sure I understand what you wrote here. It is my understanding that the vapor path and the oven/heating chamber are stainless steel, separate from the heating element. Is the heating element separate from the air path? Is the heating element separated and/or protected from other internal parts?

- What is non-ceramic tuned, thin film? What does that mean? (I apologize I am not well versed in vape terminology.)

I would appreciate any additional info pertaining to the matter you may find useful. I also really appreciate you taking the time to answer some questions. I haven't used the Pax 2 in a couple of months, but I would really like to erase my concerns. It would be handy to know whether I can get rid of it or keep it for use.

Thanks again Ojan! I have never had a company rep help address my concerns at any point, for anything. I appreciate it.

Cheers

Masacr,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

Ojan_at_PAX

Social Media Manager @ PAX
Company Rep
Thank you Mr. Me2!

@Ojan_at_PAX, Thank you for your reply! I do have a couple of further questions if you have the time. I just hope to further my knowledge of the Pax because I thoroughly enjoyed my Pax 2 during the 5-6 months of use, but I have stopped using it because of my concerns.

- In regards to the temperature, I read that the food grade plastic material used in the Pax can withstand temperatures of up to about 445 degrees. What is the heating threshold of the food grade plastic?

- On the half pack oven lid and on the box of the Pax, there was a warning that said, "this product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm." What materials/parts used in the Pax 2 contain these chemicals?

-

- I just want to make sure I understand what you wrote here. It is my understanding that the vapor path and the oven/heating chamber are stainless steel, separate from the heating element. Is the heating element separate from the air path? Is the heating element separated and/or protected from other internal parts?

- What is non-ceramic tuned, thin film? What does that mean? (I apologize I am not well versed in vape terminology.)

I would appreciate any additional info pertaining to the matter you may find useful. I also really appreciate you taking the time to answer some questions. I haven't used the Pax 2 in a couple of months, but I would really like to erase my concerns. It would be handy to know whether I can get rid of it or keep it for use.

Thanks again Ojan! I have never had a company rep help address my concerns at any point, for anything. I appreciate it.

Cheers

Great questions.

I'm asking around and trying to get some details to share!

Proposition 65 requires the State of California to publish a list of chemicals known to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. This list, which must be updated once a year, has grown to include approximately 900 chemicals since it was first published and companies are required to note if any of these chemicals are present in the manufacture or use of its products, even if they are at levels lower than known to cause harm. As Pax Labs cannot control what substances consumers use in our devices, and thus do not control what the chemical composition is of those materials, we provide the warning with respect to our products sold in California.

Yes, the heating element is separate from the vapor path. Also seeing what other details I can learn and share.

This may be proprietary info. Checking on it :)

Ojan_at_PAX,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

abjake55

Tech Geek
As I am a tech geek, of course the four perfectly good vapes would not be "enough" .(ten step program required?). I had heard about the Argo, so I surfed the Web . In most of the information I checked, the Pax2 /3 ranked very high. (SWIDH). I am happy .with my solo for home use, but planned on something for out and about. I ended up purchasing a Pax2 from Great White North Vape company . As I read through the 124 pages, I also ordered screens, cap ends, WPA, and half lid .now for the constant checking the post ap while I impatiently wait for delivery .

I am pretty sure I have spent about as much for the 2 plus accessories as I would have for the 3, but I am OK with that . I will report back with my findings.

Brewervapesalot

Pax 2 is better. Simplier. Feels nicer, better quality. Way cheaper. Lasts plenty long. Same vapor.

3d screens make better draw. Make it so you don't have to clean the unit as often. But easy to lose.

No need for pushers... Fill to whatever level you want. Works great.

Mr. Me2

As I am a tech geek, of course the four perfectly good vapes would not be "enough" .(ten step program required?). I had heard about the Argo, so I surfed the Web . In most of the information I checked, the Pax2 /3 ranked very high. (SWIDH). I am happy .with my solo for home use, but planned on something for out and about. I ended up purchasing a Pax2 from Great White North Vape company . As I read through the 124 pages, I also ordered screens, cap ends, WPA, and half lid .now for the constant checking the post ap while I impatiently wait for delivery .

I am pretty sure I have spent about as much for the 2 plus accessories as I would have for the 3, but I am OK with that . I will report back with my findings.
I think you'll be happy. It's a great session vape.

A couple other toys you may want to get; a cake tester (it's a thin metal rod that fits down the air path to help you push out the screen), and a salt spoon to make loading easier.

Enjoy!

Mr. Me2,

Masacr

Great questions.

I'm asking around and trying to get some details to share!

Proposition 65 requires the State of California to publish a list of chemicals known to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. This list, which must be updated once a year, has grown to include approximately 900 chemicals since it was first published and companies are required to note if any of these chemicals are present in the manufacture or use of its products, even if they are at levels lower than known to cause harm. As Pax Labs cannot control what substances consumers use in our devices, and thus do not control what the chemical composition is of those materials, we provide the warning with respect to our products sold in California.

Yes, the heating element is separate from the vapor path. Also seeing what other details I can learn and share.

This may be proprietary info. Checking on it :)

Thanks for the information again. If you are able to provide additional info that would be even more awesome. I just want to be sure I understand your response and try to erase my concerns about the Pax 2.

Any information on the heating threshold of the food grade plastic would be awesome as well.

In regards to the heating element, I am just trying to be informed about the products I use and determine whether or not any of "these chemicals" are in certain parts of the Pax 2 I would not want them to be. I do not hope to attain any proprietary info.

Under Prop 65, you/Pax "are required to note if any of "these" chemicals are present in the manufacture or use of its products, even if they are at levels lower than known to cause harm." So you are stating that this warning is attached to your products solely because of the potential harmful "use of its products" (can't control what consumers put in your product) and not the potential harmful "manufacture of its products." (these chemicals are used in the manufacturing of our product)? Or is the warning attached for both "manufacture and use" in this case?

Thanks again for the time and consideration,

Cheers

Masacr,

abjake55

Tech Geek
A couple other toys you may want to get; a cake tester (it's a thin metal rod that fits down the air path to help you push out the screen), and a salt spoon to make loading easier.

One of the packages I am impatiently waiting for is one from Delta 3D studios! I will have the pax2 scoop and tamp tool, funnel, wpa mouthpiece, end caps, and pipe screens. The shipping was just fine, and timely, but one of the "advantages" of living in the great white north!

Masacr

Thanks for the information again. If you are able to provide additional info that would be even more awesome. I just want to be sure I understand your response and try to erase my concerns about the Pax 2.

Any information on the heating threshold of the food grade plastic would be awesome as well.

In regards to the heating element, I am just trying to be informed about the products I use and determine whether or not any of "these chemicals" are in certain parts of the Pax 2 I would not want them to be. I do not hope to attain any proprietary info.

Under Prop 65, you/Pax "are required to note if any of "these" chemicals are present in the manufacture or use of its products, even if they are at levels lower than known to cause harm." So you are stating that this warning is attached to your products solely because of the potential harmful "use of its products" (can't control what consumers put in your product) and not the potential harmful "manufacture of its products." (these chemicals are used in the manufacturing of our product)? Or is the warning attached for both "manufacture and use" in this case?

Thanks again for the time and consideration,

Cheers

@Ojan_at_PAX Still hoping to gather some information on the Pax 2! Hope to hear from you soon. Thank you!

Masacr,

abjake55

Tech Geek
I have been leaving my Solo and mflb in the drawer, and am exclusively using my pax2 and assorted Vapcàps, depending on my mood. They medicate me efficiently, and are very easy to use, while being elegant and ďiscreet.

PAXr3

A couple months ago I purchased a PAX2 from the local shop. I loved it for a while, but it seems like it only ever puts off smoke now. I replaced it with a PAX3 and now I'm having the same issue. Dry-herb only at 380F.

First pull is usually vapor only, second is usually a mix of vapor and smoke, third and thereafter is always smoke? Pack is a fine grind, tightly packed material (won't fall out if you flip it) -- Yesterday, first time using PAX3, the whole time it was smoke (including first pull) Smoke even comes out of the bowl.

Am I doing something wrong? It spends the bowl so fast. I clean it every week, 2-3 uses per week with manufacturer provided materials only.

PAXr3,

hinglemccringleberry

Sounds like a warranty claim. And hopefully you didn't unknowingly purchase the fake Chinese knockoff Pax. I would post this in the Pax thread to get more valuable input.

hinglemccringleberry,

Mr. Me2

A couple months ago I purchased a PAX2 from the local shop. I loved it for a while, but it seems like it only ever puts off smoke now. I replaced it with a PAX3 and now I'm having the same issue. Dry-herb only at 380F.

First pull is usually vapor only, second is usually a mix of vapor and smoke, third and thereafter is always smoke? Pack is a fine grind, tightly packed material (won't fall out if you flip it) -- Yesterday, first time using PAX3, the whole time it was smoke (including first pull) Smoke even comes out of the bowl.

Am I doing something wrong? It spends the bowl so fast. I clean it every week, 2-3 uses per week with manufacturer provided materials only.
Is your abv charred and obviously burnt? Do you know what temp setting you are using?

I agree it sounds like you have the rare defect, but for 2 vapes? You may want to also try sending a pm to @Ojan_at_PAX. I haven’t seen him here in a while but he has always been very helpful.

Mr. Me2,

PAXr3

So the new PAX seems to be working fine. I checked the oven after a session of 4 pulls and it was like-new. Much less harsh than the 2 with way better effect. The 2, after just 2 pulls, would actually burn the herb (brown and black) regardless of the setting. I think I'm going to contact PAX and ask them to replace the old unit.

PAXr3,

allareas

Hello everyone
i’m facing the following problem with my Pax 2.
The multi button (power on/of, temp control etc) is not responding well after only two years of use.
I tried both mouthpieces the flat and the other one (just to check if it was a pressure problem from the flat one) and i still can’t control my Pax as a couple of months ago.
Is anyone having the same issue or I am the only one.
Is this issue covered by the 10 year guarantee?
Thanks in advance for your time

allareas,

Mr. Me2

Hello everyone
i’m facing the following problem with my Pax 2.
The multi button (power on/of, temp control etc) is not responding well after only two years of use.
I tried both mouthpieces the flat and the other one (just to check if it was a pressure problem from the flat one) and i still can’t control my Pax as a couple of months ago.
Is anyone having the same issue or I am the only one.
Is this issue covered by the 10 year guarantee?
Thanks in advance for your time
I'm sure it is. Just reach out to Pax. I'm sure they'll make it right.

Mr. Me2,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom