• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Pax 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

geefonk

...........................................................................................
Yes, all Pax have a 10 year warranty which is really great that they stand behind their product!

@gonzorelli777 - FYI

Also check the prices on Puff it Up to - cheaper than the euro suppliers and you can get extra discount if you look at the suppliers forum

Last edited:

geefonk

Looking for recommendations on the heat settings for the Pax 2 - going to give it a test run tonight. Do people tend to start low say 2 and work up to 4?

geefonk,

Xhaka

My original Pax2 was already replaced due to the known sticky power button issue, and now the replacement unit is already failing. I also had the mouthpiece issue with my Pax1. I love the brand and have caused a number of people to purchase a Pax2, but I am wondering if it's worth trying again. Honestly, customer service on my replacement Pax2 was definitively poor until Ojan the Wizard stepped in and made things happen quickly.
Just wondering if other users think it's worth another shot or is there another brand/unit worth checking? I truly love my Pax's but quality control and customer service have left me not wanting to deal with the hassle anymore. Thanks!

Xhaka,

Mr. Me2

My original Pax2 was already replaced due to the known sticky power button issue, and now the replacement unit is already failing. I also had the mouthpiece issue with my Pax1. I love the brand and have caused a number of people to purchase a Pax2, but I am wondering if it's worth trying again. Honestly, customer service on my replacement Pax2 was definitively poor until Ojan the Wizard stepped in and made things happen quickly.
Just wondering if other users think it's worth another shot or is there another brand/unit worth checking? I truly love my Pax's but quality control and customer service have left me not wanting to deal with the hassle anymore. Thanks!
I think pax is a great product and company, although admittedly I haven't had any RMAs with my pax1 or 2.

I would suggest you pm @Ojan_at_PAX with your experience. I'm sure he appreciates the real world info and will make it right. Personally, my fingers are still crossed for a pax convection vape.

Hard to suggest other vapes without knowing more about your preferred vaping style (e.g, solo or with others, session or one-and-done, etc.) but even though it's hard to find the "perfect " vape, there's definitely a lot of choices.

Have to say there's nothing but love on the Vapcap thread for the company and its service, and the vape.

narrowsparrow

I start on 2 and end on 3. If I'm in a mood, I'll go one last draw on 4. It's all personal preference, but I try to get it hot enough for medical purposes. I seem to be able to handle higher heat in a convection devise...

narrowsparrow,

likwid

Hey guys. I'm on the fence about buying the Pax 2, or a couple others (Davinci IQ, Swift Pro, Arizer Solo 2, etc) as my first ever vape. Just wondering how the smell is when you're actually vaping compared to other vapes. I know the smell lingers on this unit after it's turned off, but is it more smelly than other vapes when you're actually vaping? I'll be vaping outside in my back yard, and I'm afraid of the smell getting over to their neighbors and having an issue with them about it. They are outside quite a lot.

likwid,

narrowsparrow

I don't think it's smellier than my Arizer Air, but if your neighbors know what weed smells like, then they'll be on to you!That is, unless it's a breezy evening. You can always position yourself such that the vapor avoids nosey noses.

I really love my Pax 2; it's gotten me through some awful family situations! :D Good luck with your first-ever vape. Big decision.

narrowsparrow,
Reactions: likwid

likwid

I don't think it's smellier than my Arizer Air, but if your neighbors know what weed smells like, then they'll be on to you!That is, unless it's a breezy evening. You can always position yourself such that the vapor avoids nosey noses.

I really love my Pax 2; it's gotten me through some awful family situations! :D Good luck with your first-ever vape. Big decision.

Thanks for the advice :)

Does anyone know how little material you can use in the Pax 2 with the half pack lid? I'm looking to buy my first vape, and my tolerance is extremely low. I'm still trying to decide if the Pax is right for me, and I don't want to be wasting a ton of material when I only need a little to get high.

likwid,

Mr. Me2

Thanks for the advice :)

Does anyone know how little material you can use in the Pax 2 with the half pack lid? I'm looking to buy my first vape, and my tolerance is extremely low. I'm still trying to decide if the Pax is right for me, and I don't want to be wasting a ton of material when I only need a little to get high.
I think you should consider a convection vape.

Don't get me wrong... pax is a great vape. But conduction vapes are session vapes and you need to finish what you start. With convection, you can use what you want and come back to it later

likwid

I think you should consider a convection vape.

Don't get me wrong... pax is a great vape. But conduction vapes are session vapes and you need to finish what you start. With convection, you can use what you want and come back to it later

I don't think I necessarily want to just take 2 puffs and go. I'm not against a session, but I want to be able to use small amounts (0.1g) for it to start off with until my tolerance builds up. Anyone with the half-pack lid have experience with that amount in it?

likwid,

Mr. Me2

I don't think I necessarily want to just take 2 puffs and go. I'm not against a session, but I want to be able to use small amounts (0.1g) for it to start off with until my tolerance builds up. Anyone with the half-pack lid have experience with that amount in it?
You don't have to worry about the half lid. You can just use a folded screen or the pusher (from New Vape, I think) to limit the amount of your load to any amount you want. I've used both methods with great success.

likwid

I agree with @Mr. Me2 about the New Vape adjustable oven pusher. Very small amounts in chamber are no problem when you use this. They also have a screen replacement, but I don't think it is necessary.

https://www.newvape.com/pax-pusher-accessory-for-pax-2-3-2731

I was inquiring about the half pack lid, because it comes with the Pax 2 that i'm looking at. From what I've seen, I believe it's better than the pusher? Does the same thing, but is one solid piece.

likwid,

Mr. Me2

I was inquiring about the half pack lid, because it comes with the Pax 2 that i'm looking at. From what I've seen, I believe it's better than the pusher? Does the same thing, but is one solid piece.
I haven't tried the half pack lid, but if I remember right, it's (safe) plastic. I believe the pusher is titanium, so it helps conduct heat. And not a big (extra) investment.

Plus the pusher is adjustable so it gives you more flexibility with load size

The half pack lid is more simple to use because you don't have the extra piece to futz with.

Mr. Me2,

monkeyrider

Grrr! Just had my second PAX2 power button go bad. (1 year after being replaced the first time for the same thing).

I've emailed PAX Support but haven't gotten any action (since Friday).

Sad that I have to come here to complain in order to potentially get some attention on the warranty!

@Ojan_at_PAX - can you assist? (again) :)

monkeyrider,

Ojan_at_PAX

Social Media Manager @ PAX
Company Rep
Grrr! Just had my second PAX2 power button go bad. (1 year after being replaced the first time for the same thing).

I've emailed PAX Support but haven't gotten any action (since Friday).

Sad that I have to come here to complain in order to potentially get some attention on the warranty!

@Ojan_at_PAX - can you assist? (again) :)

Sorry to hear that :( I'm happy to help. Can you message me your support case number?

Ojan_at_PAX,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

aniceto

Hello!

I've just got a PAX 2 and I'd love to know what would be essential to buy. I know I want a spacer, the pusher seems to be getting the better results.. Do I need the 3d screen? Should I buy any spare screens due to wear off? I'd really appreciatte if somebody could help me with some "must-buys". Can I find any smell proof solution in ebay/amazon/etc.. I'm in Europe and deltastudios shipping costs kill me for a couple of caps.

thanks in advanced

Last edited:
aniceto,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Hello!

I've just got a PAX 2 and I'd love to know what would be essential to buy. I know I want a spacer, the pusher seems to be getting the better results.. Do I need the 3d screen? Should I buy any spare screens due to wear off? I'd really appreciatte if somebody could help me with some "must-buys". Can I find any smell proof solution in ebay/amazon/etc.. I'm in Europe and deltastudios shipping costs kill me for a couple of caps.

thanks in advanced
Welcome.
I like the pusher. I don't have experience with 3d screen, but I do like to change out a standard screen every now and then. Those can be cleaned with alcohol and a scrubbie side of a kitchen sponge (or steel wool), but they can become bent after a lot of remove/installs so it's good to have spares. The 3d screen wouldn't have to be replaced, but I believe it will fall out every time you empty the chamber since it's not a friction fit like the standard screen.
The caps from delta3d work really well for smell and don't add any weight or size. I also occasionally use the water adapter he makes.
For screen removal, you may want to find a long, stiff metal rod. I don't know of anything specifically made for this. I use a piece cut from an old wire coat hanger; others use a cake tester (poker). Screen removal is unavoidable job, in order to clean the vapor tube well, as it definitely will get gunky and eventually restrict the draw. You'll need some pipe cleaners...get the kind meant for pipes, not for craft work - that kind will shed lint and maybe even bleed out color.
Enjoy!

vapviking,

Mr. Me2

Hello!

thanks in advanced
I agree witch @vapviking. I like the pusher and also suggest you get some extra pax screens.

I also recommend a "cake tester". It will make removing the screen super easy (just push it through the air path). Of course, keep some ISO on hand. I also use a salt spoon to help fill the oven.

For smell proof cases, check out RYOT. Not sure which one would be a good fit for the pax....

Hope this helps.

aniceto

I really appreciatte such quick answers, really! given what you both said I ended up purchasing the pusher + 3d screen, just to avoid de cake tester + spare screens, I don't mind it falling every time I empty the chamber.

How come PAX2 thread has become that less active? Is the 3 version that much better? I hope I didn't make a mistake purchasing it today, I've been out of this market for a year and I was hoping the PAX 2 to still be up there with the best ones..

well thanks you two, really helped me.

aniceto,
Reactions: Mr. Me2
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom